• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Tutorials - Egypt cowboy

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
the world on which we get infinite resources?
As far I'm aware, there's never been any FoE Beta test program with player excess to infinite resources. As far I've seen them opening up a temporary 2nd world in Beta it was just a regular 2nd world. Where you start from the beginning. Similar to the live servers when you start a new world, you start in the Stone Age with limited resources.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
As far I'm aware, there's never been any FoE Beta test program with player excess to infinite resources. As far I've seen them opening up a temporary 2nd world in Beta it was just a regular 2nd world. Where you start from the beginning. Similar to the live servers when you start a new world, you start in the Stone Age with limited resources.
There was a royalty program for selected players that got to test the new age early iirc - they started out with a SAV city.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
You seriously think that Inno will waste time redoing a tutorial for beginners?
It would seem more logical to me that Inno should either prepare a new colony or improve its "guild advantages" project.

-Alin-

Emperor
just wondering:
how is a new tutorial beta tested :rolleyes:

all active players already passed it o_O

the ****storm on live after the start of the siege camp cap at Thursday :eek:

They reopen Temporsund for like one month, then delete all our accounts there.
In the past they did something similar few years ago in beta, they opened that world and we tested some tutorial thingy there :p

Emberguard

Emperor
You seriously think that Inno will waste time redoing a tutorial for beginners?
It would seem more logical to me that Inno should either prepare a new colony or improve its "guild advantages" project.
“Waste time”…. If it improves player retention, then it’s not a waste of time. If the tutorial functionality is offputting then you’re losing players before they’ve even decided whether they like the game. If the tutorial functionality is alright but could be improved to really capture a new players attention, then they’re more likely to stay with an update

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
As much as I'm the first to report any problem to support, I love helping the community, but I don't care anymore about a possible tutorial for new players that Inno would like to retain.
Inno doesn't seem very attentive to its communities when it comes to improvements and renovations to certain parts of the game, so why would I waste time helping them to retain future players?
Respect and mutual aid must be two-way.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A bunch more new tutorial images have been added:

tutorial_img_16_1.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_16_1

tutorial_img_16_4.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_16_4

tutorial_img_3_3.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_3_3

tutorial_img_20_1.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_20_1

tutorial_img_16_2.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_16_2

tutorial_img_16_5.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_16_5

tutorial_img_20_2.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_20_2

tutorial_img_3_2.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_3_2

tutorial_img_10_2.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_10_2

tutorial_img_16_3.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_16_3

tutorial_img_3_1.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_3_1

tutorial_img_10_1.png

gui/tutorial/tutorial_img_10_1

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Not sure if it's a part of this update or something else, but a new info text has been added that suggests unlocking of events will be moved to Iron Age:

Code:
"FSR|Research 'Roof Tile Houses' to unlock events!"

You get this if you are a part of the A/B test "foe_abtest_first_session_22". So sounds like it's connected to a revamped tutorial / start of game.

eMtODQz.png

CrashBoom

Legend
the title is definitely misleading:
when players read it they expect something different

should definitely be put into the new tutorial thread

proper title for this would something like:
new images for first province
or: first province split into 3 (what it isn't)

but title "new map" makes player expect one of:
- next age map
- map for new feature
- new bonus provinces

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
but title "new map" makes player expect one of:
yeah... the title is not the best
at first I thought the map really changed as the provinces in south were not behind clouds - but that already is the same in the current version and only the resolution of the background has changed... forgot to adapt the title after I found that out...