• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Tutorials - Egypt cowboy

ADSL

Squire
Not sure if it's a part of this update or something else, but a new info text has been added that suggests unlocking of events will be moved to Iron Age:
When can this really be introduced? What will happen to those sitting in the Bronze Age who have already opened events?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
When can this really be introduced? What will happen to those sitting in the Bronze Age who have already opened events?
Some time between two events would be the ideal time. Sure, a few might not like having to move up, but in reality why would you want to camp in BA? And it's not like it takes long to unlock the first IA tech, can easily be done in days.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
but in reality why would you want to camp in BA?
For events that require producing X productions in a production building of you're age, with no good alternative. Cause then you can use black smiths until you've obtained a decent number of event production buildings.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
For me you just lose out on way too much for that small benefit (GBs, daily challenges (which you need for fall event, for example), settlements, pvp and even the reconstruction mode). Most of those productions quests are current or previous age anyways, so you can still use the blacksmiths.

HannahMecoe

Merchant
… why would you want to camp in BA?
It’s an interesting challenge, with no guild responsibilities. I have cities camping in BA, which I started when my main city accidentally went up to SAM without preparation.

The BA guild-helping buildings provide IA goods, which is a nice touch. Admittedly, Events can be tricky, but I usually manage to complete them.

Emberguard

Emperor
Some time between two events would be the ideal time. Sure, a few might not like having to move up, but in reality why would you want to camp in BA? And it's not like it takes long to unlock the first IA tech, can easily be done in days.
Doing your first Event in BA is much easier than doing it in IrAge. Lower Forge Point requirements, lower Goods needs. More time to set up your city properly

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A few more images, some on streets (probably going over how they work), and one for the egypt settlement

tutorial_img_streets_3.png
tutorial_img_streets_3
tutorial_img_streets_2.png
tutorial_img_streets_2
tutorial_img_streets_1.png
tutorial_img_streets_1
tutorial_wallpaper_egypt.png
tutorial_wallpaper_egypt

Edit: New background image was added 6th of Septemper:

tutorial_dialog_background_large.png
tutorial_dialog_background_large

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
@Juber has provided some cryptic info on the next settlement on my discord channel. First of all that he "knows the reason" why there hasn't been a new one yet, but that he can't say why (but that it's not relating to $$). In reply to a question if the reason was a "positive" or "negative" for players, he said "hmm, difficult to rank. I would say positive, but not for the reasons you might think ^^".

This makes me think there might be some behind the scenes stuff going on, perhaps reworking of how settlements work or something of that scale. It has now been around 13 months since Mughals, which is longer than all the previous gaps between settlements (6, 8, 8 and 10 months).

acc08aa6574aa9f08aee17b0a7adc5f7.png

9b1ddbd444761606f8e82c49514f8314.png

@Juber has provided some cryptic info on the next settlement on my discord channel. First of all that he "knows the reason" why there hasn't been a new one yet, but that he can't say why (but that it's not relating to $$). In reply to a question if the reason was a "positive" or "negative" for players, he said "hmm, difficult to rank. I would say positive, but not for the reasons you might think ^^"

it could also mean they deem video ads and the great GBG nerf far more beneficial to the players than a new settlement, and therefore focussed all their manpower on those two things.

I think this is more likely, because he wasnt even sure if positive or negative for the players

Last edited:

Atokirina

Squire
I honestly think they are taking resources from Forge of Empires to invest in other games like Rise of Cultures.

FoE is their most grossing game but that doesn't mean it still needs that many devs at this current stage.

a8UDlpd.png
HJs3b5i.png
3Jpsh0H.png

85Czxcw.png

Currently, they are in the established stage (I think) and maybe they deem the game as good as finished which would mean only small changes, re-using events and era's, ... The (remaining) resources would be used for bug fixes and new building designs.

Anyways, this is just my opinion (although I heard they have less devs now - but I can't get it confirmed).

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
They've added a new function in the code "OldAgesNewCampaignMapConfig", which as far as I can tell is exactly the same as "OldAgesCampaignMapConfig" except for a new background image. The new background looks very similar, though the lines around the sectors of the first sector are made a bit clearer on the new image. This probably suggests that @beelzebob666 is right and that it is being split into 3 provinces with 1 sector (the lines are now of the same width as other province lines).

It is triggered if the "foe_abtest_first_session_22" A/B test is active: (bnb = new config, cnb = old config)

Code:
return cv.isABTestEnabled("foe_abtest_first_session_22") ? bnb.getConfig() : cnb.getConfig();

Code:
var bnb = function() {};
    h["de.innogames.strategycity.campaignmap.view.components.maps.config.OldAgesNewCampaignMapConfig"] = bnb;
    bnb.__name__ = "de.innogames.strategycity.campaignmap.view.components.maps.config.OldAgesNewCampaignMapConfig";
    bnb.getConfig = function() {
        return {
            requiredAssets: ["campaign/overlays/old_ages/old_ages_o", "campaign/fog_of_war/old_ages/old_ages_f", "shared/gui/hud/hud"],
            fogAssetNames: "mist_age_02 mist_age_03 mist_age_04 mist_age_05 mist_age_06 mist_age_07 mist_age_bonus_3 mist_age_bonus_7".split(" "),
            mapLibraryId: "campaign/overlays/old_ages/old_ages_o",
            fogLibraryId: "campaign/fog_of_war/old_ages/old_ages_f",
            backgroundSubPath: "old_ages_new/old_ages_new_bg",
            entryShipProvinceId: -1,
            exitShipProvinceId: 100,
            continentShipPrefix: "old_",
            scoutBitmapName: "scout_old",
            exitShipArmyPosition: new m(2250,1450),
            moveToDefaultStrategy: xj.Ship,
            provinceColorStrategy: Vj.Normal,
            sectorBlendMode: 9,
            shipPositionStrategy: Wj.Default,
            scoutXOffset: 0
        }
    }

New:
old_ages_new_bg_0.jpg

Old:
old_ages_bg_0.jpg

Also, a completely unrelated sidenote, I never realized there was provinces marked behind the fog next to the CA map. So a CA bonus map was planned, but never made? I don't know if there was any talk about this in the past, but I would love to see a new bonus map added here - the graphics are already there!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Also, a completely unrelated sidenote, I never realized there was provinces marked behind the fog next to the CA map. So a CA bonus map was planned, but never made? I don't know if there was any talk about this in the past, but I would love to see a new bonus map added here - the graphics are already there!
The only ones that got used were the EMA and Industrial. The other ones went unused and are sadly not planned to be added anymore.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
They've added a new function in the code "OldAgesNewCampaignMapConfig", which as far as I can tell is exactly the same as "OldAgesCampaignMapConfig" except for a new background image. The new background looks very similar, though the lines around the sectors of the first sector are made a bit clearer on the new image. This probably suggests that @beelzebob666 is right and that it is being split into 3 provinces with 1 sector (the lines are now of the same width as other province lines).

It is triggered if the "foe_abtest_first_session_22" A/B test is active: (bnb = new config, cnb = old config)

Code:
return cv.isABTestEnabled("foe_abtest_first_session_22") ? bnb.getConfig() : cnb.getConfig();

Code:
var bnb = function() {};
    h["de.innogames.strategycity.campaignmap.view.components.maps.config.OldAgesNewCampaignMapConfig"] = bnb;
    bnb.__name__ = "de.innogames.strategycity.campaignmap.view.components.maps.config.OldAgesNewCampaignMapConfig";
    bnb.getConfig = function() {
        return {
            requiredAssets: ["campaign/overlays/old_ages/old_ages_o", "campaign/fog_of_war/old_ages/old_ages_f", "shared/gui/hud/hud"],
            fogAssetNames: "mist_age_02 mist_age_03 mist_age_04 mist_age_05 mist_age_06 mist_age_07 mist_age_bonus_3 mist_age_bonus_7".split(" "),
            mapLibraryId: "campaign/overlays/old_ages/old_ages_o",
            fogLibraryId: "campaign/fog_of_war/old_ages/old_ages_f",
            backgroundSubPath: "old_ages_new/old_ages_new_bg",
            entryShipProvinceId: -1,
            exitShipProvinceId: 100,
            continentShipPrefix: "old_",
            scoutBitmapName: "scout_old",
            exitShipArmyPosition: new m(2250,1450),
            moveToDefaultStrategy: xj.Ship,
            provinceColorStrategy: Vj.Normal,
            sectorBlendMode: 9,
            shipPositionStrategy: Wj.Default,
            scoutXOffset: 0
        }
    }

New:
old_ages_new_bg_0.jpg

Old:
old_ages_bg_0.jpg

I think those were added just in case. There's two assets for the campaign map, the map itself and the province outlines that are used to show them as green/red. They never added the province outlines for that area. My guess is that when they were planning for the game launch they thought there was going to be an additional age between CA and InA, but never got around to it.

However. The PE map actually has the same sort of lines on it that are usually covered by clouds, BUT there are also the province images there too. So I think that there was supposed to be a PE bonus of some sort that got cancelled for some reason. There's a total of 11 provinces there. The PE map is also the only map I could find where this is the case. Many of the other maps have the lines on the map (including ME-TE), but no actual province images.
1663076514284.png

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
The PE map is also the only map I could find where this is the case. Many of the other maps have the lines on the map (including ME-TE), but no actual province images.
Was probably the next one planned, but got scrapped in the progress. Just my guess.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The only ones that got used were the EMA and Industrial. The other ones went unused and are sadly not planned to be added anymore.
I think this should be re-added in upcoming eras. One (of the many) things I dislike about the newest ages is that the maps and story are very uninteresting. Instead of having different options and different stories depending on your actions (both for main and bonus), all you get is a simple map you just have to get through to get all the rewards.

I think it would be really cool with more bonus quests like the ones we have in the early ages, with unique stories (that depend on your actions), with unique rewards at the end (like a one-off building or exclusive avatars), etc :)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I think this should be re-added in upcoming eras. One (of the many) things I dislike about the newest ages is that the maps and story are very uninteresting. Instead of having different options and different stories depending on your actions (both for main and bonus), all you get is a simple map you just have to get through to get all the rewards.

I think it would be really cool with more bonus quests like the ones we have in the early ages, with unique stories (that depend on your actions), with unique rewards at the end (like a one-off building or exclusive avatars), etc :)
Would be cool, yes, but there are also a lot of things, that are negative. Players complaining about unskipable Bonus Quest line, (almost) no monetisation potential, possible issues for already advanced players, etc.
These were probably the reasons they were scrapped.

ADSL

Squire
Juber, is there any information about the transfer of events to the Iron Age technology - will it be done, and when?