• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

Panthera

Merchant
as a matter of fact
even if he had thrown the Galata tower on the official server without telling anyone, there is very little chance that the GB will appear

we were aware of the update and we had 8 days to see it
it's very long

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
as a matter of fact
even if he had thrown the Galata tower on the official server without telling anyone, there is very little chance that the GB will appear

we were aware of the update and we had 8 days to see it
it's very long
fun fact:
on beta server it was found out directly after it was activated before it was announced
not knowing what it was at that time but on live we would know ;)
only because there was a new feature set on active in the code

Panthera

Merchant
fun fact:
on beta server it was found out directly after it was activated before it was announced
not knowing what it was at that time but on live we would know ;)
only because there was a new feature set on active in the code
it must be related to the jet lag lollll
it's weird that no actor of the thread saw him for 8 days
by the way
not knowing what a GB is it's fun

I think the Galata Tower would be better if the bonus was the same as the Star Gazer: goods from the previous era. Young players can already build GB for the goods of the current era (Babel Tower, Lighthouse of Alexandria) but many would like to have some goods from the previous age and the only GB which offers this bonus is a Mars Age one.

Panthera

Merchant
I think the Galata Tower would be better if the bonus was the same as the Star Gazer: goods from the previous era. Young players can already build GB for the goods of the current era (Babel Tower, Lighthouse of Alexandria) but many would like to have some goods from the previous age and the only GB which offers this bonus is a Mars Age one.

you forgot the Truce Tower formerly Dynamic Tower which still I have not obtained any information on its real exitence
I hope that with the arrival of the new community manager, we will finally have more information

you forgot the Truce Tower formerly Dynamic Tower which still I have not obtained any information on its real exitence
I hope that with the arrival of the new community manager, we will finally have more information
Technically you could from truce tower if you had many players who were the age below you to aid, and then you'd have to take the time to manually aid them and maybe they dont have buildings that age to aid.

The Truce Tower is a Tomorrow era GB. It's not a GB for beginners. The Galata Tower is clearly aimed for very young players and I think they would appreciate a Previous era goods production bonus.

CrashBoom

Legend
up to progressive era there is no need that a GB gives previous era goods
because the GBs gives current era goods

and players can easily trade 1:1 down one era

so why should beginners need a previous era GB when they still get current era goods from GBs?

the real previous era goods problem is created by not-beginners
they tell beginners goods are traded 1:2 between eras and then beginners are only creating current era goods and want all previous era goods for the 1:2 ratio
and then the market is 80% of such downtrades

man I even see colonial age players with 10+ paper mills and trying to trade paper against basalt (and the other SMA goods): 1:2
where in reality 2:1 would be the proper ratio
2 paper building = 12 space. 1 basalt = 16

such people who are trading 10 paper = 20 basalt are stealing from others:
producing on 6 spaces and get the production of 32 spaces in the same time (8h)

I disagree, @CrashBoom. With the GBG, you need a lot of previous era goods (if you're a beginner, you can't always fight, you have to negociate sometimes) and you don't always find them on the market. Anyway, it's just that beginners already have a lot of opportunities for current era goods (Babel, Lighthouse, St-Mark, but also wishing wells, events' buildings, settlements' buildings, recurring quests...) and I thought it would be nice to be able to get more previous era goods. In the 4 first eras, we already have 3 current era goods GB, I'm not sure anybody needs a 4th one.

As someone on OA on live, the only reason I'd build it is for next age goods. I don't need or have my OWN age of good buildings, so the only way I get next age goods is by trading down my goods from quests/gbg/ge. If I don't even need my own era goods buildings, I certainly don't need 3 ages down. Even early players can benefit from having next age good building for tech and negotiation as well.

I don't have a sg, was thinking about it but other players say it's a waste of FP and just to trade down.

CrashBoom

Legend
on live a few minutes ago; you need to reload because a new feature will be activated (translated the meaning)

what else than Galata could that be ?