• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

why are you not testing the Galata tower ?
and that needs uncollected buildings to be plundered :p
I never got the quest. Speaking of, devs should change the quest prompt to be first plunder no matter what age or tech unlocked. Some people can get pretty far in the game without plunders.....

TBH I might build it just for the goods.

conqueror9

Regent
I have raised my Galata Tower
it has 44.68% chance to repel a "plunde"

Just now, I get a plunde pass thro' Galata Tower
This is 1 and only 1 plunde since I erect Galata Tower

I believe Galata Tower do not work correctly
to provide "% chance repel a "plunde" "

I will keep my eyes on future.....
to see whether it fail in every "plunde"

CrashBoom

Legend
I have raised my Galata Tower
it has 44.68% chance to repel a "plunde"

Just now, I get a plunde pass thro' Galata Tower
This is 1 and only 1 plunde since I erect Galata Tower

I believe Galata Tower do not work correctly
to provide "% chance repel a "plunde" "

I will keep my eyes on future.....
to see whether it fail in every "plunde"
1 of 1 you got plundered

works perfect
44.46% to repel means 55.54% to get plundered

so after 1 plunder attempt they should be successful once

even 2 plunder attempts wouldn't reach an average of 1 repel but only 0.89

but after 3 times you can expect one repel (3 * 0.4468 > 1)

JosefD

Merchant
An interesting idea, even though the BPs are, obviously, difficult to obtain, which Inno hasn't thought through. I think it must be made easier to obtain BPs - and not just by using Dias.

btw. I couldn't buy the BPs with dias even if I wanted to. Galata tower is not shown in the list of Legendary Buildings in my account.

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
An interesting idea, even though the BPs are, obviously, difficult to obtain, which Inno hasn't thought through. I think it must be made easier to obtain BPs - and not just by using Dias.

btw. I couldn't buy the BPs with dias even if I wanted to. Galata tower is not shown in the list of Legendary Buildings in my account.
It was kinda challenge in the beginning, but there should be no difficulty in getting blueprints at this time anymore. Just watch out for friends, guildmates or neighbours who got it.

Cardena

Squire
1 of 1 you got plundered

works perfect
44.46% to repel means 55.54% to get plundered

so after 1 plunder attempt they should be successful once

even 2 plunder attempts wouldn't reach an average of 1 repel but only 0.89

but after 3 times you can expect one repel (3 * 0.4468 > 1)

That is not how probability works.
When there were 3 attempts to plunder, the probility that all 3 get through is still greater than zero (even if the number is much higher, the probability will still be greater than zero). So the probility to see at least one repel is less than one and not certain. By three to see no repel would be 17%, so fairly often.

Alphatier

Farmer
After getting my friend to test the first plunder theory. He spoke to some of his neighbors and compared tech trees and conquest maps. These are the possible factors in triggering the quest.

-Need to be in Iron Age and needs to be your first repaired building.
-Might not get the quest if a 2nd person plunders you before you can repair your first building.
-Might not get the quest if you haven't learned an Iron Age tech. Friend skipped his to save on FP to get to Military Tactics quicker. If anyone can disprove this, please do.
- Possible that it's only a % chance to get the quest even if you meet these other factors. Again if someone can disprove this, please do.
What is "Iron Age tech"?

JosefD

Merchant
It was kinda challenge in the beginning, but there should be no difficulty in getting blueprints at this time anymore. Just watch out for friends, guildmates or neighbours who got it.

They have the same problem - how to obtain BPs when no one else has the tower.

qaccy

Emperor

It's always been the case that you need to have acquired at least one blueprint of a Great Building before you're able to buy them with diamonds. This applies to every other GB in the game as well.

That being said, @Dudettas it would've been nice if Inno immediately enabled the questline for all players regardless of age, and/or mentioned explcitly at what point the quests are intended to appear normally. Beta testers are here to test functionality, not puzzle out how to even access a feature in the first place to begin testing it.

Amdira

Baronet
I don't understand the problem - there is a questline available for low era players which gives the full set - and higher era players can get them by contributing to an existing building. Whenever there comes a new GB for higher eras, players of lower eras also have to wait until one has the full set and then have only the chance to get them by contributing. Shouldn't be such difficult to find a guildmate or friend or even neighbour with one tho.

I don't understand the problem - there is a questline available for low era players which gives the full set - and higher era players can get them by contributing to an existing building. Whenever there comes a new GB for higher eras, players of lower eras also have to wait until one has the full set and then have only the chance to get them by contributing. Shouldn't be such difficult to find a guildmate or friend or even neighbour with one tho.
The real problem is no one knows 100% how to get the questline and there's not enough info from Inno to determine if we're chasing red herrings.

qaccy

Emperor
The problem is that Inno wasn't totally transparent about how the quests are obtained. If the purpose of beta is to test new features/content, then this stuff should be explicitly spelled out, and possibly made more accessible outside of what would be expected in the normal game. For example, even if certain conditions have to be met to receive the quests in the live game, there's no reason why the beta server couldn't make the quests available to all players immediately, to allow for easier testing of the GB. But the beta still largely treats the game as if it's another live server so these things usually don't happen, which I think hamstrings testing a lot of the time.

Amdira

Baronet
The problem is that Inno wasn't totally transparent about how the quests are obtained. If the purpose of beta is to test new features/content, then this stuff should be explicitly spelled out, and possibly made more accessible outside of what would be expected in the normal game. For example, even if certain conditions have to be met to receive the quests in the live game, there's no reason why the beta server couldn't make the quests available to all players immediately, to allow for easier testing of the GB. But the beta still largely treats the game as if it's another live server so these things usually don't happen, which I think hamstrings testing a lot of the time.
I see your point, but it wouldn't be helpful for live servers. If beta-players would have access to the blueprints easier than on live, what would you recommend to them? "No idea, we got them for free on beta" seems not an acceptable answer for me to my live-server-mates. So why not having the same requirements than we will have on live? ok, it was kinda puzzle in the beginning, but for advanced players it shouldn't be a problem to search the data-base(s) for an existing Galata. Low era players might be thankful playing a rather important role in the game at least once in a time :)

Kind of strange why the devs don't want to release this info to the public. It's not exactly fun for people to try to find out the way and still have no idea. Seem like everyone who got the quest got it a different way.

Devilsangel

Baronet
They are probably testing the way the quest is triggered, well at least I think that is the only reasonable explanation for keeping everyone in the dark. Probably would have been better to make it like Oracle.
The way it is now hardly benefits newbies) only oldies with great patience and a will too test and/or get it))

Fenix

Viceroy
My opinion.
The quest should be available to all ages. And should be triggered not by the first plunder, but by the 3rd, 4st or even 5ft plunder of the city.