• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

Tempestas

Squire
I wondering ... I have completed GE4. I have 4 more quests to go in the Rival questline. GE5 hasn't been opened in the guild in am currently visiting. Am I going to be able to complete Rivals Quests without GE5?

Kronan

Viceroy
just a question, with those fragments as reward, what's the point now to do gex lvl5 ? better give something else no ?
It doesn't have to be either/or. There are people playing "advanced" gaming here that could easily do both here in beta and of course, in live, and will do that - kinda like the GB equivalent in the game of a "double dip".

I can't do both here in beta, but am making steady progress truly finishing GE 5, the old fashioned way via incrementally getting my city and warriors better - as it was originally designed.

In live? I'd be all over doing both, because I can.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Here I was hoping for an announcement about raids and instead it is an announcement of a re-hash of an existing system.

We still have no explanation why the dumb daily reward was taken away nor why mobile suddenly can't see attrition of guildmates or attrition rate on sectors in GBG....but here is some unexciting new junk to do between GBG. /yawn

Could we get the treasure hunt back? That was actually more fun and could have easily have been ported to mobile.

Fenix

Viceroy
Could someone show us what the 32 tasks are? I blocked it at 5, 8h (I save the accelerators for real events), it's not feasible to use these accelerators every week with this thing. Thanks.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
The game does not force you do any of those challenges/quests, you are the one whio force yourself to do them .-.
I don't force myself to do anything I don't want to do. I was just pointing out that this seems just another chore, it's nothing innovative or intriguing.
Of course players are free to participate or opt out. But this is a feedback thread, so I expressed my opinion :)

Emberguard

Emperor
Concept wise I love it.

Implementation wise 32 tasks in 2 days is a significant increase to what Daily Challenges asks players to complete. It's a lot for such a short time and I was already feeling like I'm over it halfway through

Definitely one of those things I'll be more likely to partially complete instead of fully completing, depending on frequency of occurrence and real life schedule

The tasks are inconsistent in how they're written. Half the time they state Guild Expedition, the other half of the time they only say to negotiate or fight and use the symbol to indicate where in the game it's referring to.

Game mechanic suggestion: Can we please be able to buy Forge Points in groups of 10 up until we reach 100 Forge Points? I still want to only buy in groups of 10 to make sure a accidental button press on diamonds isn't too drastic, but it'd be nice if we're expected to buy more than 10 Forge Points to be able to buy more without clearing the bar inbetween purchases

This needs a active Guild Battlegrounds season to work. Iron Age can't complete Rival at this pace more than once. Iron Age doesn't have enough areas to complete battles without Guild Battlegrounds. A lot of neighbors don't have PvP unlocked. GvG is getting deactivated. Only so far we'll be able to go through the Continent Map before that option gets exhausted and it requires not losing part-way through, otherwise the counter for fights required resets

30 mins is definitely not sufficient to finish the remainder of 32 tasks if you run out of fighting options

Rival_time.jpeg

Bronze Age isn't going to be able to complete this number of battles, or have an alternative for the Guild Expedition tasks. Is Rival feature unlocked with Daily Challenges? Or from some other starting point?

I'm decently sure the rewards list is:
[...]

Borrowing your table to update it ;)

QuestQuest Task (Iron Age)Reward
1Win 5 battles without losingGE 1 Kit
2* Buy 5 Forge Points
* Complete 4 Guild Expedition encounters by negotiating
Self Aid Kit
3Spend 70 Forge PointsDivine Sky Watch
4* Delete 4 units from your unit pool
* Solve 3 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
2 Attempts (Guild Expedition)
5Donate 140 goods to the Guild TreasuryGreater Ritual Flame
6* Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
* Finish an 8-hr production in a production building 5 times
10% Coin Boost
7* Donate 80 goods to the guild treasury
* Win 5 battles without losing
Feathered Serpent Statue Lv. 1
8Complete 3 encounters by fighting (Guild Expedition)Finish 1 Goods
9Win 8 battles without losingGE 2 Kit
10* Buy 10 Forge Points
* Complete 6 encounters by negotiating (Guild Expedition)
Mass Self Aid Kit
11* Recruit 7 units
* Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
25 frags Feathered Serpent Selection
12Spend 100 Forge Points4 Attempts (Guild Expedition)
13* Delete 5 units from your unit pool
* Solve this complex negotiation
75 frags Feathered Serpent Selection
14* Donate 140 goods to the guild treasury
* Defeat 12 units
50% Supply Boost
15* Solve 8 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
* Finish an 8-hr production 10 times in a production building
100 frags Feathered Serpent Selection
16Solve this complex negotiationFinish Special
17Win 12 battles without losingGE 3 Kit
18Solve this very complex negotiationStore Building
19* Buy 10 Forge Points
* Defeat this large army
Serpent Feathers
20Spend 150 Forge Points6 Attempts
21Solve 8 encounters in the Guild ExpeditionsSerpent Fins
22* Defeat this very large army
* Donate 140 goods to the guild treasury
One Up
23* Complete 8 encounters by negotiating (Guild Expedition)
* Finish a 24-hr production in a production building 6 times
Serpent Spikes
24Solve this very complex negotiationFinish All Goods
25Win 14 battles without losingGE 4 Kit
26Solve this very complex negotiationFeathered Serpent Lv. 1
27* Buy 20 Forge Points
* Complete 10 encounters by fighting (Guild Expedition)
Renovation Kit
28Spend 200 Forge Points8 Attempts (Guild Expedition)
29* Solve this very complex negotiation
* Win 16 battles without losing
Feathered Serpent Upgrade
30Defeat this very large armyFeathered Serpent Chain Kit
31* Finish a 24-hour production in a production building 6 times
* Donate 200 goods to a guild treasury
32* Recruit 8 units from your age
* Solve 8 encounters in the Guild Expedition
Finish All Special

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Good thing the inventories got flooded by Halloween23 epic selection kits. As last year's grand prize is included which produces fragments for finish all productions.
This appears to me only achievable for well established players. Running cities with a surplus goods stock (both previous and current age goods), surplus resources (coins, supplies, medals), an strong army to their disposal (large buffs or steady stream of boosters + units to absorb losses), alongside an well prepared city for production quests in rapid succession. Either having a large number of production buildings running various productions or a surplus stock of finish all supplies productions. To me the greater issue lays in the buy X fps. The issue is the ever increasing costs for fps. As event quests frequently having the buy X fps quest in it. Personally it took me a couple of events with golden upgrades to get a secondary city to sufficient strength to tackle rush event quests in an reasonable timeframe. This type of challenges will be a serious hurdle for it. My established city will probs eat this challenge for breakfast.
Certainly something that could go sideways with newbies. This mini series of serious challenges are better fitted for later ages. Like colonial/industrial era. Where most players have at least been able to pickup quite some strong event buildings aiding them to maybe making this type of challenge feel beatable eventually. When an newbie gets confronted with this, it’ll probably be extremely overwhelming and frustrating. As it’s next to impossible to have a fighting chance at an early stage. As where you might stand an chance after 3-4 events in the lower-ish ages.

Emberguard

Emperor
When an newbie gets confronted with this, it’ll probably be extremely overwhelming and frustrating.

Agreed. This is definitely going to frustrate a new player.

This mini series of serious challenges are better fitted for later ages. Like colonial/industrial era.

Could add alternative criteria for those that haven't Aged up, but still have a strong enough city.

2 months would be more than enough time to prepare for a experienced player. So maybe make it available after 3 months for a new city if they haven't reached Colonial/Industrial Age, and unlock at Colonial Age if they get there any sooner than 3 months.

CDmark

Baronet
Concept wise I love it.

Implementation wise 32 tasks in 2 days is a significant increase to what Daily Challenges asks players to complete. It's a lot for such a short time and I was already feeling like I'm over it halfway through

Definitely one of those things I'll be more likely to partially complete instead of fully completing, depending on frequency of occurrence and real life schedule

The tasks are inconsistent in how they're written. Half the time they state Guild Expedition, the other half of the time they only say to negotiate or fight and use the symbol to indicate where in the game it's referring to.

Game mechanic suggestion: Can we please be able to buy Forge Points in groups of 10 up until we reach 100 Forge Points? I still want to only buy in groups of 10 to make sure a accidental button press on diamonds isn't too drastic, but it'd be nice if we're expected to buy more than 10 Forge Points to be able to buy more without clearing the bar inbetween purchases

This needs a active Guild Battlegrounds season to work. Iron Age can't complete Rival at this pace more than once. Iron Age doesn't have enough areas to complete battles without Guild Battlegrounds. A lot of neighbors don't have PvP unlocked. GvG is getting deactivated. Only so far we'll be able to go through the Continent Map before that option gets exhausted and it requires not losing part-way through, otherwise the counter for fights required resets

30 mins is definitely not sufficient to finish the remainder of 32 tasks if you run out of fighting options

Rival_time.jpeg

Bronze Age isn't going to be able to complete this number of battles, or have an alternative for the Guild Expedition tasks. Is Rival feature unlocked with Daily Challenges? Or from some other starting point?

Borrowing your table to update it ;)

QuestQuest Task (Iron Age)Reward
1Win 5 battles without losingGE 1 Kit
2* Buy 5 Forge Points
* Complete 4 Guild Expedition encounters by negotiating
Self Aid Kit
3Spend 70 Forge PointsDivine Sky Watch
4* Delete 4 units from your unit pool
* Solve 3 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
2 Attempts (Guild Expedition)
5Donate 140 goods to the Guild TreasuryGreater Ritual Flame
6* Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
* Finish an 8-hr production in a production building 5 times
10% Coin Boost
7* Donate 80 goods to the guild treasury
* Win 5 battles without losing
Feathered Serpent Statue Lv. 1
8Complete 3 encounters by fighting (Guild Expedition)Finish 1 Goods
9Win 8 battles without losingGE 2 Kit
10* Buy 10 Forge Points
* Complete 6 encounters by negotiating (Guild Expedition)
Mass Self Aid Kit
11* Recruit 7 units
* Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
25 frags Feathered Serpent Selection
12Spend 100 Forge Points4 Attempts (Guild Expedition)
13* Delete 5 units from your unit pool
* Solve this complex negotiation
75 frags Feathered Serpent Selection
14* Donate 140 goods to the guild treasury
* Defeat 12 units
50% Supply Boost
15* Solve 8 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
* Finish an 8-hr production 10 times in a production building
100 frags Feathered Serpent Selection
16Solve this complex negotiationFinish Special
17Win 12 battles without losingGE 3 Kit
18Solve this very complex negotiationStore Building
19* Buy 10 Forge Points
* Defeat this large army
Serpent Feathers
20Spend 150 Forge Points6 Attempts
21Solve 8 encounters in the Guild ExpeditionsSerpent Fins
22* Defeat this very large army
* Donate 140 goods to the guild treasury
One Up
23* Complete 8 encounters by negotiating (Guild Expedition)
* Finish a 24-hr production in a production building 6 times
Serpent Spikes
24Solve this very complex negotiationFinish All Goods
25Win 14 battles without losingGE 4 Kit
26Solve this very complex negotiationFeathered Serpent Lv. 1
27* Buy 20 Forge Points
* Complete 10 encounters by fighting (Guild Expedition)
Renovation Kit
28Spend 200 Forge Points8 Attempts (Guild Expedition)
29* Solve this very complex negotiation
* Win 16 battles without losing
30Defeat this very large armyFeathered Serpent Chain Kit
31* Finish a 24-hour production in a production building 6 times
* Donate 200 goods to a guild treasury
32* Recruit 8 units from your age
* Solve 8 encounters in the Guild Expedition
Finish All Special
I had the same problem with battles until we set a seige in GvG, that problem solved, for now

2 - 8 hour then 2 - 24 hour, so if you have 12 smiths (iron age), 16 hours to complete the 2 - 8 hours, then set 12 to 24 hours, no rush quest needed, 36 hours, but it is tricky with the timing for battles (IRON AGE). If you have a finish all supply, then you can do it, do GvG or GBG but neighbors would be a variable.

I actually like it better with no GBG for focus but when GvG is gone, the battles will be harder. I counted, if you do GE continuously, for win battles and GE encounter quests, you would complete Q17, then you have Q25 - 14 and Q29 - 16, so 30 battles needed. The hood is weak in IA, mine had 16 battles, so 14 more battles needed, would be the toughest tasks if no GvG and no GBG unless you have C-map.
All GE quests would auto complete after Q17.
In the above scenario, you would spend medals and tavern silver for negotiations. If your hood gives you 14 for Q25, you are 16 battles short for Q29, no finish all mass supply rush.

CDmark

Baronet
Agreed. This is definitely going to frustrate a new player.
Well, a new player can't do GE5, even GE 4 so they need to work on their city. I don't see Rivals as a "Gimme" per the announcement

"If you're looking for a thrilling challenge within the game, this is the perfect opportunity to test your skills and earn extra rewards."

Also

"These mini challenges won't just be available between events, but also during them. Keep an eye out for upcoming challenges during the next event!"

This means they plan on doing it again. When? Well maybe that is part of the challenge, no announcement like many things here in beta.

Emberguard

Emperor
2 - 8 hour then 2 - 24 hour, so if you have 12 smiths (iron age), 16 hours to complete the 2 - 8 hours, then set 12 to 24 hours, no rush quest needed, 36 hours,

The one problem I have with that strategy is it requires foreknowledge of what Quests we'll get. I don't think we "should" have something designed in a way that requires looking up the Quests to have a chance at completing it. There's not going to be enough time to wait on someone else to do it all, post it, everyone else read it, and then set your productions.

Well, a new player can't do GE5, even GE 4 so they need to work on their city.

I can complete Level 4 in a new city within the timeframe of 1 Event. Level 4 is incredibly easy once you know what you're doing. It's getting the experience to navigate Level 4 that's the hardest part

HannahMecoe

Merchant
It’s a surprise, which is always exciting… I too like the concept, after my initial panic.

But I’m out at “14 battles”… there’s only the neighbourhood battles available now, and they are getting too strong. of course I can try again when those battles reset, but I see there’s “16 battles without losing” later. Even with 300% boosts, I suck at fighting.

I still like the concept, but only in very strong cities, and/or when GBG is open.