• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

anybody kept track of the quests? There were 2x 24hrs, 2x 8hrs, many fights without loosing (starting around 8 up to 16) which I did in the hood (sry, neighbors), many with doing encounters (fighting and negotiating) which led to 31 being fulfilled prematurely and 32 not even showing up - I think, might have been too surprised, though - seeing the end message "Congratulations to your undeserved triumph" ...

In hindsight, it might have been better to do all fighting in Gex - might have spared me some goods and ire of the hood ;)

Warrior816

Farmer
It's perhaps interesting for those who don't play level 5 of GE, you can win the same prizes by completing the quests...
Yes, the questline looks like GE-5 in the form of quests, which is great! 700-1000% defence boost for new players is going to take a year to build up.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
anybody kept track of the quests? There were 2x 24hrs, 2x 8hrs, many fights without loosing (starting around 8 up to 16) which I did in the hood (sry, neighbors), many with doing encounters (fighting and negotiating) which led to 31 being fulfilled prematurely and 32 not even showing up - I think, might have been too surprised, though - seeing the end message "Congratulations to your undeserved triumph" ...

In hindsight, it might have been better to do all fighting in Gex - might have spared me some goods and ire of the hood ;)

don't know - it might be pretty costly in medals to keep pressing forward in GE with that kind of resolve. It can start to turn into millions of medals an encounter....

Kronan

Viceroy
For those starting out on RIVAL questing...

Master the Ancient Trials, quest 10 in Rival - wants me to negotiate 6 encounters in GE.
So it MIGHT be a point to share..., since I'm already starting GE DIFF 3, had I chosen to fight elsewhere than GE in all of the previous requests to fight, it would be less of a consideration to stop this from becoming way to consumming.

Why? IN GE 3 - I now I find myself having to negotiate much more costly encounters for goods than I may choose to do.

Suggestion: Since GbG isn't open, fight cheap in the hood, then negotiate much cheaper in Rival, especially when you're not given a choice on advancement..

Kono

Merchant
I like the new feature. Fully optional, play if you like, ignore if you don't.
One negative: for SAT players, too costly on goods. Too many negotiations. No goods reward. If it stays like this I wont play it before my SAT GBs are level 60.

I like the new feature. Fully optional, play if you like, ignore if you don't.
One negative: for SAT players, too costly on goods. Too many negotiations. No goods reward. If it stays like this I wont play it before my SAT GBs are level 60.
Negotiate the small sites on the C-Map. Only SAJM goods needed there, and not many of them.

don't know - it might be pretty costly in medals to keep pressing forward in GE with that kind of resolve. It can start to turn into millions of medals an encounter....

was costly in terms of medals anyway (not in the millions, though - next would cost 9937 in OA) - wanted to get through with it today so I had to buy until the end (last two encounters of level 4, which - assumedly - fulfilled all of the questline). But then I got attempts as rewards of about half of the potentially possible plus the questline itself gives attempts also. So the amount of the attempts bought might be similar in both approaches (have to take a bit more notes next time - if there will be any)

SirAlucard

Steward
IMHO, this is a complete joke. People with enough time might be able to complete the questline. Everyone who is working 8h/day + travel time and can't access the own smartphone, won't be able to finish it. What does INNO think we do? Spending all day long inside their game? Some people do have a live outside of their game. :rolleyes:

CDmark

Baronet
I know it may be hard to believe but this is a gift. The rewards, like doing 4 weeks of GE80 plus an extra L2 serpent. AND no portraits!!! I even checked closer, these buildings dont have a hidden timer....lol

CrashBoom

Legend
there is a mathematical bug in the do encounter tasks
in total it asks to do 68 encounters (if I counted correct)

but we can only do 64 and then auto-complete takes over

and I think 2 days running time doesn't fit together with the production tasks
8h + 8h + 24h + 24h = almost 3 days (if a player doesn't have finish supply)

CDmark

Baronet
there is a mathematical bug in the do encounter tasks
in total it asks to do 68 encounters (if I counted correct)

but we can only do 64 and then auto-complete takes over

and I think 2 days running time doesn't fit together with the production tasks
8h + 8h + 24h + 24h = almost 3 days (if a player doesn't have finish supply)
maybe not a bug but an option. Those that don't want to negotiate, can finish GE 64 and get autocomplete. I tried to count but dont have the data from quests 1-5.

Ironrooster

Baronet
It appears that GE should only be used for GE specific quests to keep the medal costs down. I'm trying to do as much fighting as possible elsewhere - PVP. C-map. Unfortunately, GBG is not available for fighting.

Kronan

Viceroy
just completed, quite a few expensive negos and 2 6x24hr prods plus a few 8hr ones. It will be interesting to see how often the feature comes around, once a week would be good, collecting enough temple frags over a month would lower the costs greatly
Yes, I'm not positioned to rip through this for a few reasons:
1) I've never seen the questline before, and have no way to plan for things you've mentioned.

2) Inno kind of "sprang" this on us... I'm a tad more studious and fastidious. I would have liked to see this pre-announced a few days ago.

3) GE can be paced correctly for my Iron Age city. Rival seems to throw everything at us, including the kitchen sink. Seriously? 24 hour production runs is a requirement? They surreptitiously require using acceleration items from inventory. Honestly - I'm not positioned with extensive amounts of these since we use them copiously in back to back beta events, and it takes time to make them from fragments, find new ones, etc.

4) This should have been a NEW quest function to be made to run CONCURRENTLY with GbG, as a premier fighting venue, so users could have a choice how to balance the fighting and negotiation requirements.

5) I know INNO doesn't care about what our real lives require at the expense of being here, but people do work, have families, and travel. Yeah - no one says you have to do it, or all of it, but... it would be nice to participate. Why the fire drill - with no warning?

6) Take some of the rough edges off it and have it become a bit more flexible. Some of the quest items are so stale (like production runs). Can you guys INNOvate just a bit more on ideas for questing that are novel, different, and have an intellectual challenge vs these absolutely mundane and very tiresome quests you keep using in everything we do? Here are 2 ideas for quests that are DIFFERENT, but germane to your game:

a) Ask us a trivia question related to the vast story questline in FoE. We'd either know it, or have to research it using your wiki.
b) Have us make or take a trade in the Market from someone else in the hood, not a guild member.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Nice thing to get one extra temple and some serpents, but NEXT TIME do something with your quests toggle page in the mobile app, I did all the GE V today without noticing the new questline into the app, I wasnt pointed to anything, no announcement, no attention sign, I have to open the toggle quests page on phone to see what is new, and I DISLIKE IT.