• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Message Center Changes

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
On PC, it is an improvement. Seems less buggy today, so fingers crossed that the kinks get ironed out. Most of the changes useful and welcomed.

One more issue, for my older eyes: it is much less readable than the old message center. There is insufficient contrast between background and text. When you have to read a lot of messages, this tires the eyes quite a bit, which won't encourage full use of it. Several friends have commented this to me in our daily chats, so at least some portion of players are straining their eyes to read messages.

DeletedUser9018

This new and improved messaging system, isn't. Fix this mess. The stupid thing flashes constantly, to the point that you just stop checking it out of frustration. Can't move threads. Focused threads for GBG, leadership etc are buried under the swap threads in the Social tab, where they don't even belong. But can't move them to the guild tab because we have no way to control who can see the damned things. C'mon, I know we're here to test stuff but this is a trainwreck. It's messing with our ability to communicate with our guilds effectively.

I just moved all the swap theads in our Guild here.
If you have leader rights and use a swap thread, it could be done as follows:
If you are about to use, for example, the 10 FP thread
Write "STOP, CLOSED, find the new thread in GUILD
I will pay 10 FP in last GB here and make a new thread in GUILD"
2. Create a new 10 FP thread in GUILD, link your SB
Put 10 FP in the last FP in the old thread.
When the new thread works, old ones can be left
Yes, I am aware that is a possible solution. However, based on my experience as a founder, people don't always pay attention and it could lead to people being skipped at the transition point. For that reason, I will likely follow the steps I outlined, which is donate the necessary FP to close out the old thread, start the new thread, and post one of my GBs for people to donate towards to continue the respective thread. That removes the issue of people not understanding or following the instructions provided. Simply put, I like to take the guess work out of it for folks.

This new and improved messaging system, isn't. Fix this mess. The stupid thing flashes constantly, to the point that you just stop checking it out of frustration. Can't move threads. Focused threads for GBG, leadership etc are buried under the swap threads in the Social tab, where they don't even belong. But can't move them to the guild tab because we have no way to control who can see the damned things. C'mon, I know we're here to test stuff but this is a trainwreck. It's messing with our ability to communicate with our guilds effectively.
Well, that answers some unfortunate questions. I would have expected that inno would have allowed guild founders and leaders to moderate the guild threads. If founders and leaders cannot control access to new or former guild members, then what's the point of having a guild section?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The stupid thing flashes constantly
is already fixed according to changelog (and seems to be fixed - at least on browser)

Can't move threads
that is unfortunate but not a big issue - these threads only have to be created once after introduction of the new system in the guild section and you are done with it. Get over it and enjoy the benefits of never ever having to change permissions again manually whenever a member joins or leaves.

Focused threads for GBG, leadership etc are buried under the swap threads in the Social tab, where they don't even belong.
again: just recreate them manually... As the category "guild" is new, the system can not know which of the existing threads are supposed to be guild threads and which not.
It's messing with our ability to communicate with our guilds effectively.
The way it was, was a mess, this is a big step forward already - it is not perfect yet but on a good way.

For that reason, I will likely follow the steps I outlined, which is donate the necessary FP to close out the old thread, start the new thread, and post one of my GBs for people to donate towards to continue the respective thread.
another option would be to close those damn swaps once and for all... I know some players can benefit from them, but the bigger part of the player base would benefit way more from the usage of 1.9 threads and the like.

- On mobile it's too much space between the messages. In short the old style was great.
I also would rather like to see the scrolling from mobile implemented on browser than the page view from browser implemented in mobile...

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It likely was already suggested as I am a little late o the party. Anyway:
- all (unread) message threads marked as "important" should always appear before the other messages
- "important" message threads also should not be be affected by "mark all as read"​
- the message icon should only blink and mobile notifications should only be sent when there is a message in an "important" thread or when there is a message in a "favorite" thread (ideally give the player the possibility to activate such option in the settings)

Last edited:
that is unfortunate but not a big issue - these threads only have to be created once after introduction of the new system in the guild section and you are done with it. Get over it and enjoy the benefits of never ever having to change permissions again manually whenever a member joins or leaves.
So how do we know that Inno isn't changing this for us?
Many people mentioned that it would be a nice feature to be able to move threads, so maybe it's on a fix list.

But I can't find at any place which feedback they are working on and which ones they ignore

+1 for scrolling messages instead of pages, I have marked pages of missed messages as read simply because they weren't in the top 3. I have 30 messages spread across 10 pages, thats a brown ton of pages to go through.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
There are problems with GUILD section and Mobile, in main thread and in Social thread you can click on player image and open GB's ect, it does not work for new threads in GUILD on mobli, works fine from PC
Editet, kan se at det er reportered monday, går ud fra at et fix af det på mobil tager lidt længer tid

Last edited:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I will let you know when I have more information, but there is nothing I can confirm to you at the moment.

DeletedUser8711

nobody goes through all the riders
before it was very better ! THE MAIN THEME of the guild was overhead seen , now you have to klick between ....very , very bad !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Keritan

Squire
In the Guild Tab, Only Founder, Leader and Moderator should be able to make new threads in this category. Those are the ones with rights to lock/important/delete the threads, they should be only ones to make them. Right now anyone can make a thread in the category.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
In the Guild Tab, Only Founder, Leader and Moderator should be able to make new threads in this category. Those are the ones with rights to lock/important/delete the threads, they should be only ones to make them. Right now anyone can make a thread in the category.
There are a setting in members right to allow or disallow members to make guild messages, I would believe that's the way for the guild leaders to control it.
In some guilds, members do have right to make guild threads, in others they have not, that should be up to the guild leaders what works for their guild.
In Social, I feel it should be ok for the members to make threads and add all guildmember or all neighbors or all friends.

There are an risk with allow all guildmembers to make and delete threads in the GUILD section, as a member can delete all guild thread if he of some reason get mad or just are clumsy and thought he only removed his access to them.

DEXTER1

Merchant
Notifiers permission does not work. Someone just created a new guild message without the notifiers permission.

Sigmus

Farmer
Handel unter Gildenmitglieder
Vorher war es möglich , den eigenen Bestand zu sehen wenn man auf die geforderte Ware geklickt hat. Jetzt muss ich erst bei mir im Inventar nachsehen das ist nervig.
Trade among guild members Before it was possible to see your own inventory by clicking on the required goods. Now I have to look at my inventory first, that's annoying.
Moderator note: Please add an English translation.

Last edited: