• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Message Center Changes

Borowski

Squire
after some days i have to say i really like the new message system.
but there is one thing that i miss and that really should be found a solution for:

in the old system, when i tried to contact a member by PM and he didn't react, i just kicked him out of the guild channels and voila, i got an answer in very short time :cool: this is not possible anymore. it would be a great help, if there would be an option (e.g. in member rights) to opt out completely the guild message system for a member without having to kick him first to force him to read a PM ^^

DeletedUser7773

The old message board was better. I can't find the message that makes it flashing. Why change what is okay?

Fenix

Viceroy
So in the guild tab players are able to hide the messages. Does that not defeat the purpose of the guild tab?
No. For example. I do not participate in swap threads, usually I get out of them. The treads in the guild tab have everybody, and you can't abandon them. The only thing that you can do is hide them.

DeletedUser5439

I'm underwhelmed. Some good features but it's, well, ugly. And I REALLY miss the "close" button at the bottom, now to leave a thread one has to find the little X and hit it (and not something else, which sometimes is a problem with a slow loading screen that jumps about a bit) to get back to the main message centre. I do like the way one can assign threads to different type areas, although the utility of that will largely depend on the guild leadership.

Tanmay11

Regent
I'm underwhelmed. Some good features but it's, well, ugly. And I REALLY miss the "close" button at the bottom, now to leave a thread one has to find the little X and hit it (and not something else, which sometimes is a problem with a slow loading screen that jumps about a bit) to get back to the main message centre. I do like the way one can assign threads to different type areas, although the utility of that will largely depend on the guild leadership.
you can just click outside the message center area and it will go back or close the msg center.

SeekerDave

Merchant
I think its sad the Guild Message avatars where just for the guild message screen when you where not in a guild . I was hoping for them to be assighnable to FP swaps threads , trade threads ect ect but sadly not.

housemouse

Squire
I finally had time to deal with the new postal system. It is on the right way. :)
However, I would find it important that the guild council is also able to continue to write to a group of guilds within the guild section without always having the complete guild in the mail.
For example within the GG group.
Adding players who are not in the Guild manually would still be nice. Well we have some on / off players who like to keep in touch during the break.
And the name under the avatar would also be quite good. It is very confusing in the conveyor chains, especially when players use the same avatar.
There have been many mistakes in the past few days.

Edit:
Ah yes and it would be nice if you could still load avatars for the guild news. E.g. for trade, GG, GEx ... best would of course be your own pictures, but if you could gradually create a library this would be good.
Otherwise the overview suffers immediately. Big guilds have a lot of chats.

Last edited:

Roches

Farmer
I recently got kicked from a guild after posting unfair trades (accidentally, because I was using the desktop interface and I usually use mobile, but that’s a separate issue). I didn’t notice the guild leader’s message about it in time. The old message center only has four lines per page and it’s never been easy to see when there’s an actual message intended for me as opposed to new posts on a swap thread. I like the new message center better.

One suggestion: could the message center display the current server time, or use local times for messages? I play on the en. and zz. servers, but I’m in the Eastern time zone. The message center uses server time, so all the messages are five hours ahead.

Aeshma

Merchant
I agree that button are not needed, But problemet med Swap threads are easy solved, remake them in the guild tab and member can't leave them
Please no. Those are the most useless threads.

No. For example. I do not participate in swap threads, usually I get out of them. The treads in the guild tab have everybody, and you can't abandon them. The only thing that you can do is hide them.
This is an awful system. We need to be able to leave or delete guild messages with a notification like how the current message system in main worlds is. If we are only able to hide these threads then guild leaders don't really have an idea of what their members are or aren't interested in.

Do we really need a leave all button? Seems like deleting each thread individually would help people think a bit more before they did it.

DEXTER1

Merchant
The "Notifiers" permission is still not working. Someone just created a new thread under the Guild Tab, without the notifiers permission!

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Will messages marked important also be deletet after 60 days. I believe guild would want some info threads about the guild to last forever and it would be nice if it was possible to edit them. Yes I knoww we do have guild forum, but mobil users can go there.