• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Message Center Changes

Heinrich IV

Merchant
I got informed by a guild member that it is not possible to access the GB list of a player from guild message in App. It works on PC and it work in App for social messages but not with App on guild messages. So the GB relevant guild messages can't be used in guild section. Anyway, it looks as it is a bug.

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Bug description: Message center blinks randomly without any new mail or replies (PC browser version). This feature is exhibiting many false positives.

Bug recreation steps: No creation needed, this is an observation of existing features in the UI.

1.184.7501a2eec4e (15.07.2020 19:52)
Herr Voxner (240792)
zz1
en_US
WEB 7,1,1,0,
Windows 10
Firefox/78.0
1696x829
OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

Aether7

Farmer
Just noticed a bug in the guild messages you cant click on a players portrait and send a personal message. Instead there is a grayed out option to invite them to guild.

thelegend88

Squire
Not sure why some complained, this is much better than it was before and not sure what they expected.

I wouid however propose a small addition, if guild leaders can have their text highlighted in another color (like red) so it sticks out among all other text which often contains casual chit chat so that leaders posts get noticed easily.

Also under names each members title may appear in same way forum titles appear in here.

I am my guild's founder in US Arvahall and look forward to the new message center. It will make it much easier to organize! That said, I hope they create an option to move message strings in the Social section to the Guild section, so we do not need to recreate them. For swap threads, not being able to move existing threads could cause someone to miss out on getting their FPs due to them. If it is not possible to make them transfer, I will have to just donate the last person's FPs due to them on the existing thread myself and then start fresh in the new thread. I would also like the ability to have more administrative rights, such as the ability to remove inappropriate (rude, etc) messages.

Not sure why some complained, this is much better than it was before and not sure what they expected.

I wouid however propose a small addition, if guild leaders can have their text highlighted in another color (like red) so it sticks out among all other text which often contains casual chit chat so that leaders posts get noticed easily.

Also under names each members title may appear in same way forum titles appear in here.
With this new format, I figure I will create a guild alerts message thread as the guild founder solely for important updates.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
With this new format, I figure I will create a guild alerts message thread as the guild founder solely for important updates.
Maybe a Guildleader Tab below Guild.
1. Only leaders can post there
2. Leaders can make a thread visible to all guildmembers or secret so only the leaders can see it
3. Could make en option to allow members with GvG right or members with GBG right to post in a thread there.

This way, you would have a tab (forum) where Leaders, also for GvG and GBG can post info and can have secret threads the rest of the members can't see.
I too look forward to see it on live.
It's important that the info about the new messagecenter have a FAQ, as many else will react negative as many here did, when they first saw it

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I like most of the changes. Two things though:
- I am a bit disappointed that it is not possible to set an icon for group messages (a selection of a couple choices would already help to keep the overview).
- when a guild message is marked as important, I expected that it would not be possible to hide that one, but it is - is it intentional this way?

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I am my guild's founder in US Arvahall and look forward to the new message center. It will make it much easier to organize! That said, I hope they create an option to move message strings in the Social section to the Guild section, so we do not need to recreate them. For swap threads, not being able to move existing threads could cause someone to miss out on getting their FPs due to them. If it is not possible to make them transfer, I will have to just donate the last person's FPs due to them on the existing thread myself and then start fresh in the new thread. I would also like the ability to have more administrative rights, such as the ability to remove inappropriate (rude, etc) messages.

I just moved all the swap theads in our Guild here.
If you have leader rights and use a swap thread, it could be done as follows:
If you are about to use, for example, the 10 FP thread
Write "STOP, CLOSED, find the new thread in GUILD
I will pay 10 FP in last GB here and make a new thread in GUILD"
2. Create a new 10 FP thread in GUILD, link your SB
Put 10 FP in the last FP in the old thread.
When the new thread works, old ones can be left

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I like most of the changes. Two things though:
- I am a bit disappointed that it is not possible to set an icon for group messages (a selection of a couple choices would already help to keep the overview).
- when a guild message is marked as important, I expected that it would not be possible to hide that one, but it is - is it intentional this way?
Yes, a choice between different Icons or allow to use a Windows Smilye as Icon. I would like something like this smiley as choice Smiley.jpg, but need a few more

SuperCirce

Squire
Hello
I like this new message center, I think we will adapt to it quickly (however a little more complex for beginners).
I regret however that we cannot always attach several buildings and trade offers in the same post.

DeletedUser

I like message center changes. It looks tidy and separate tabs are great idea and autojoining of every thread in guild tab is awesome! Good job, Inno :)

But when entering guild messages I see "old" messages from main guild conversation thread - and I still can write there... But when I click tags, it vanishes and I can't see it no more, no matter I click other tabs between checking guild tab. And I am in very small and not so active guild and we do not need nor ever used other threads aparat from the main one. Will it stay that way?

Edit: actually, in this situation, I can't see any thread which wasn't taged before... Only when I re-open the center...

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
But when entering guild messages I see "old" messages from main guild conversation thread - and I still can write there... But when I click tags, it vanishes and I can't see it no more, no matter I click other tabs between checking guild tab. And I am in very small and not so active guild and we do not need nor ever used other threads aparat from the main one. Will it stay that way?

I believe you just need to get use to the new tabs.
In Guild, there are 3 tabs, if you don't click them, you will see main thread and new Guild thread.
- The Important tap will show new tabs, your guildleader have marked Important
The Favorite tap will show the guild messages you mark as favorites and hidden vil show the ones you mark as hidden, they won'r show, when you hit the guild tab

In Social, you will see all the old threads, also old guild threads. Your guildleader have to remake them in the Guild tab, left will be your private messages and groups messages cross guilds

I found it confusing at first, but when you get how it works, it is great

DeletedUser

I believe you just need to get use to the new tabs.
In Guild, there are 3 tabs, if you don't click them, you will see main thread and new Guild thread.
- The Important tap will show new tabs, your guildleader have marked Important
The Favorite tap will show the guild messages you mark as favorites and hidden vil show the ones you mark as hidden, they won'r show, when you hit the guild tab

In Social, you will see all the old threads, also old guild threads. Your guildleader have to remake them in the Guild tab, left will be your private messages and groups messages cross guilds

I found it confusing at first, but when you get how it works, it is great
I KNOW how tags work, thank you very much. I say, once I click them, threads not tagged vanish until I re-open message center.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
It's many things I don't like about the new message center (this is mainly from a mobile perspective where I play the most):
- On mobile it's too much space between the messages. In short the old style was great.
- The emphasis is on who sent the message when with it being in bold on top of every message. Not the actual content of the message, which is what matters the most. Also here I liked it perfectly fine the old way.
-The old guild threads should be possible to at least move to the guild tab from the social thread. If they can't be in the right tab from the beginning. Restarting them all would be very much job for guild leadership.
-You can't tap on the portraits to get access to people's GB:s etc in all threads.
- You can't tap the goods on trade offers in threads to see what your current amount of the goods are anymore.

To the good part:
- The general concept with Guild, Social and Official threads. Except what I mentioned above.
- I can also see that the option to hide and favorite threads could come in handy. Also the ability to lock certain guild threads for answers and mark them as important if you're a guild leader.