• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

Ironrooster

Baronet
Maybe in SAT they're not as desired as high as 6%/square like they are down here in IA. But down here in IA? They shine brightly.
Well in SAT they are still better than Winner's Plaza. Even the base Sparksforge at 3 attack, 1 FP, no road/ 1 tile is better than the WP2's 16 Attack, no FP, road required/9 tiles. I just picked up my last WP2 to make room for them.

I'm going to disagree on this, too. Let me explain it this way.

A winner's plaza Level 2 or Checkmate Square, in the Iron age is a 5% attack boosting item that's 9 squares big (3x3). Yes, I know it gets more robust in higher eras.

For example in CE, it's 9%, or 1%/square of space it takes.

Now these new Sparky firecrackers that a few are "hating on", are 1 square, give BASE 3%, and can grow as high as 6% with the right upgrade kits. I have a bunch @ 5% and 1 at 6%.

So that's a massive footprint reduction for extra RED SWORD (attack). In that it now needs no road connection, no motivation, and gives a FP too?
It's a fabulous building from the perspective of younger era players. The only thing wrong with it is that it's stealing aids from other buildings.

I think Inno is reportedly going to fix that. I"m being careful what I wish for on what that will cost us .... right crash? @CrashBoom .

Maybe in SAT they're not as desired as high as 6%/square like they are down here in IA. But down here in IA? They shine brightly.

Can be motivated and cannot be plundered

Or

Can be motivated and can be plundered if not motivated

Which one belongs to that building?

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet

A winner's plaza Level 2 or Checkmate Square, in the Iron age is a 5% attack boosting item that's 9 squares big (3x3). Yes, I know it gets more robust in higher eras.

Now these new Sparky firecrackers that a few are "hating on", are 1 square, give BASE 3%, and can grow as high as 6% with the right upgrade kits. I have a bunch @ 5% and 1 at 6%.

So that's a massive footprint reduction for extra RED SWORD (attack). In that it now needs no road connection, no motivation, and gives a FP too?
It's a fabulous building from the perspective of younger era players. The only thing wrong with it is that it's stealing aids from other buildings.

I think Inno is reportedly going to fix that. I"m being careful what I wish for on what that will cost us .... right crash? @CrashBoom .

I am in IA and a big fan of the gold level, 6%. To balance, I can put out more PY-R8 for def potions. Anyone seen a Sentinel sighting lately? I hear Bigfoot is hiding inside a L1 sentinel but this is not confirmed. Aliens have abducted all L2 sentinels as daily specials but this is just a conspiracy theory.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

The biggest problem in SAT with large quantities of them is the pop/tile goes up - but the bonuses do not. If you can get by the population requirement, 6% is the best attack/tile in any age. So if that is the single stat you want most, there's at least interest.

With the buildings the same age on average though you can get ~10.5 stormspires per autumn vineyard (one of the better options for population that's still good on its own). This puts the efficiency of the combined building at ~3%/tile. This is not nearly as appealing in high ages - where the likes of feta farm can almost keep up while doing much better at other stuff.

Then there's the options to get by the population:

1) Use GB-based population in a lower age. Inno Tower - or even a very high level Babel - could support basically an entire city of stormspires in iron age. Your city would be super-angry but that hardly matters.

2) Get the stormspires built in a lower age, and then age up to have more effective population sources. A SAT Autumn Vineyard can support ~300 IrA Stormforge Stormspires.

Of course I don't think chasing large quantities of them is that realistic anyways. And in small quantities it's not that big an impact.

Beta567

Baronet

That's a debatable statement.
I see these Sparkforge towers as Sentinel outposts v 2.0. Same old crap. I agree for a new city it might bring some good starting boost but why do you want those in the advanced cities? This space can be used for another Aegean Resort for example or a similar monster.
I assume many people will prefer to get fps, goods, military boost (and for defending army as well) rather than getting only AA boost.
P.s. also the biggest disadvantage for advanced cities that Sparky thing takes additional AID. Lately it became a big problem when all those small 1x1 or 2x2 take AID and GV for example stays empty (I know that mass aid kit exists :aiding:).

joyfulrider

Squire

One of the few, who hates it much.

Level2, Silver and Gold upgrade have same forge points count. They could have brought back tree of silence stats with no road connection also fine. Single square 4 fp, but this is 1 fp after three upgrade kits.

To make me support this building, following change is the only way with existing red sword stats and no road connection,
Level 1 - produce one level 2 upgrade kit fragment or 1fp (50% chances)
Level 2 - produce one silver upgrade kit fragment or 2fp (50% chances)
Silver - produce one gold upgrade kit fragment or 3fp (50% chances)
Gold - produce one selection kit fragment which includes (gold, silver, level2 and level1) or 4fp (50% chances)

Priority for aid, so guessing building might be plunderable for the first time for a building which has no road connection (wanted to see this proven wrong too). Love of Red swords never going to stop, that's the beauty of the game with few attack great buildings. Having few reasons to hate and still hating it.

If the mentioned changes takes place and has non-plunderable quality, then no more disagree for anything.

Since the event ending soon, final update / modification when will be available and following changes will be considered or not, cannot guarantee anything. One kind request is to increase AD value, since it is very low. Expecting happiness atleast in this way for this building.

CrashBoom

Legend
Why is the second lvl 1 of the montrosity lab coming before the last needed upgrade?
because the "last" upgrade you are talking is not the for the first building
that last upgrade for the first building is the upgrade you get after quest 56

the upgrade you are talking about is already for the 2nd laboratory
:rolleyes:

Boo...

Baronet
idea (for the next time such a building is in an event)
for the Stormspire building / upgrades (or in similar situations)

don't offer the kits like now.
instead put higher upgrades in kits with the lower ones & building. so
- building --> still just building
- normal upgrade --> selection kit: building / normal upgrade
- silver upgrade --> selection kit: building / normal upgrade / silver upgrade
- golden upgrade --> selection kit: building / normal upgrade / silver upgrade / golden upgrade

because players don't need higher upgrades if they don't get a building to the level where it can be upgraded

View attachment 10262
I can build the base building only 16 times. so why would I need 21 normal upgrades and 18 silver upgrades ?
but if the normal upgrade would be a selection kit I could build and upgrade it 18 times to silver (or higher)
Unneeded ones can be given to an antique dealer. He sits and waits for someone to bring him something he doesn’t need.

As the new game comes to an end - just like to say I really enjoyed it! I hope we do have an unveiling maze game for some future event (that used to be for halloween and archeology) but I really loved the game. Also I appreciate Inno adjusting teeth amounts and costs to redraw in particular, because that's my favourite bit of this mini game, the strategy. A really fun new game and great to see you try new things!