• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Could someone please explain to me why there is a huge difference between the progress bar points and the league points?
View attachment 10256 View attachment 10257
Because that's a bug, that will be fixed tomorrow :)

joyfulrider

Squire
A couple of thoughts:
  • Using a "Heal Only" Card should not display an animation that indicates damaging the enemy.

• When defeating a card the damage indicator does not show the actual reduction in enemy HP but only the difference between it's current HP and 0. Psychologically that may cause players to feel like their cards always deal less / too little damage. If I attack with 4-6 points of possible damage and the indicator shows 1 (because that's how much HP the enemy card had left) that feels wrong to me.

• The "Battle Tactics" Info Box should be available for view outside of a dungeon.

• This last one will surely not be implemented as I'm certain it would require some considerable rewriting of the mini game but I would still like to include it. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I think I know now what bothered me: The game is not equal.
    • By that I mean there's the player with a deck of cards fighting againts enemy cards, the two cards do battle and deal damage but they are not treated the same. If the player attacks with too little hit points to reduce the enemy to zero, the enemy card stays in play. However this is not the case for the players cards: It is out of the game in any case. This is really unintuitive, at least to me.
    • The solution to that dilemma could be a second, internal, HP bar for the cards themselves. The cards do battle as they do now, they do damage to the players' and enemy's HP as they do now but are only discarded when their internal HP bar is reduced to zero, thus "defeating" the card. In case of the enemy's cards their overall HP can be the same as their internal HP, effectively changing nothing in that sense.
    • This implementation would allow the player to not having to "waste" a powerful card against a weak enemy card. One downside could be that a card that survives one battle and enters into the next can not be swapped, i.e. the redraw button could be grayed out.
    • I hope I conveyed what I mean coherently, if not I'd be happy to elaborate
IMO, except the first thought, others doesn't need to be considered. Because, after just two days of playing, they will get used to it and tactics triangle placed in the middle of the screen.

Heavy chance of miscalculation from live players going to happen for sure, when they calculate enemy base attack range values example like enemy cards having like 3-6, base attack + bonus strength with their card which sometimes affect with enemy bonus and sometimes not with bonus. But by giving full attention, they can avoid too. Initially, I didn't mind, but when I lost with many cards in my hand, then I seriously took a big consideration of bast attack value from enemy card. Doing that assumption math is the biggest dislike in this event.

Now I keep dying because the enemy crits me and hits me with twice as much damage than the card displays. I've NOT seen any of my cards crit any enemies.....

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
IMO, except the first thought, others doesn't need to be considered. Because, after just two days of playing, they will get used to it and tactics triangle placed in the middle of the screen.

Now I keep dying because the enemy crits me and hits me with twice as much damage than the card displays. I've NOT seen any of my cards crit any enemies.....

Seems like you were proven wrong pretty quickly @joyfulrider :p

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
If Battle tactics window demonstrate or describe in a easy way of how the enemy cards having base attack range values with and without bonus attack value going to damage the player cards and vice-versa for player card to enemy card might be a good addition, but that's event gameplay tactics which needs to be understood. Not sure what's the better way to explain it rather than letting them understood on their own, since tactics traingle already kept outside but it doesn't make anyone understand completely without playing few dungeons. I agree for sure, few dungeons live players needed to practice before they know how it all work if they are not part of forum and not checking YouTube for the event.

Once the players understood that concept, then this event is easy peasy lemon squeezy by spending some :htooth: for health knowing when they can take risk and when they should do safe play.

joyfulrider

Squire
Second paragraph holds good for all the players (not only live players). It's all because of the base attack range values troubles many players. If they remove range and keep the direct value taken for health damage to the opponent, this confusion won't happen ever unless if they don't know to do a simple addition math.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Is it possible to give directly the attack damage value, since every card has mentioned with ' - ' symbol like, 2-3 or 2-4 or 3-5.

Like the attack bonus box, give the base attack strength value also directly. There is no need to play hide and seek on attack strength with possible range values.

Even for witches card, there is no attack bonus, but expecting attack strength to be given exactly. Instead of 3-5 or 4-6 it should be like 4 or 5, let them illustrate the attack very straight forward for our battle.

This is very small change and not sure why they keep that range concept in the attack strength since already cards have bonus strength.

Current behaviour:
Werewolves card with base attack value 2-4, hitting vampires with bonus attack +2, possibly should expect 4+2, 3+2, and 2+2. If the werewolves hitting zombies, no effect from bonus attack value and range values expected might be still 4, 3, and 2 without bonus addition.

Suggesting behaviour:
Werewolves card with base attack should be given with exact value like 3 instead of 2-4, so now hitting vampires with bonus attack +2, possibly expecting 3+2 damage only. If the werewolves hitting zombies, no effect from bonus attack value and range values expected might be still 3 without bonus addition.

For both opponent and player cards, this can be done, since our target is collecting keys why to stress the mind in looking the values in range for mind doing calculation unnecessary. Let it given out very straight forward.
This is mentioned already, but no one looked on it.

So far, all the balancing has one common factor which is making the players to spend more :htooth: step by step. Even for redraw factor by 2, it's not reducing, because to pick the desired card, you need to reach till redraw 40 or 80 max, try the mini-game, you all know it.

I have no idea what they're talking about because the devs didn't do a good job explaining how to play this game. BUT FOR REALS the actual damage count should be displayed no "surprise you're dead" hogswash I keep getting even after I buy a bunch of cards and watch my HP

Retired Guy

Marquis
After all the current tweaks, it's very playable.. yes, you'll spend teeth to get a dungeon, but easily doable @ 400-500 per dungeon.. happy with the ranges of damage (always ensure your HP will survive the max) although, there STILL should be a bit of the current health of the opponent used in it's attack strength calculation... but then I suppose the same would have to be true for the player, and now we're into an arena that's way too complicated..

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
lol randomness
4 times in a row "choose werewolves to outshine vampires"

o_O

(in the first defeated the boss. the next two used wrong deck: just free click and died fast. 4th would be when unlocking a deck for 100)

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
When we are viewing list of available deck cards at screen center top inside mini-game, those cards are displayed without having any sync with redraw procedure.

Making those cards getting ordered with redraw process might help very much.

Like, if I clicked to redraw, I get few cards to pick. And for each each battle redraw starts with 5 :htooth: only. So at any point of time, viewing list of available cards can synced with some design notation or color border reference to indicate these cards are coming at first redraw or second redraw or third redraw...for a single fight.

Per redraw, 4 or 3 deck cards picked randomly, I am not very sure. Assuming it is 3, 17 cards in total and one card picked to fight by default while entering dungeon, so 16 cards in the deck. Now first redraw 3 cards, which is going to come will be highlighted with some design way or color shades while viewing deck of cards to mention these cards will be available at first redraw. Same way for all the available cards highlighted with reference to which redraw which cards will be available. Looks like bit of work, but worth to do.

More simplest approach is giving them in a sequential order how the redraw cards going to come, no design or color changes needed where players need to count the cards while viewing the deck of cards to know on which redraw moment, player desired card will be available.

Both serve the same purpose, and possible to implement very easily. It would help to redraw based on our needs. Too much of randomness always need to be reduced, this one belongs to the same.

For me it will be hard to spend all my teeth. But the latest changes made the game easier and nice to play. Current position:
Including the keys I have 4311 points and 3915 teeth currently remaining. This will mean I should end up between 5k and 6k points depending on the number of thief cards. I spent the 2k diamonds for teeth quite early to test a bit but otherwise I did nothing. To me it looks like it will be another that leads to endless discussions but it requires people to think a bit which will be fine imho.

Beta567

Baronet
I noticed yesterday that werewolves deck has more Zombie opponents, Vampire has more Werewolves and etc. Did anything change on this? Because it just requires more teeth to go through dungeons like this.

CDmark

Baronet
last 6 games costs
wed night, had advantage all 3
415 z>w
410 v>z
420 w>v
thur night, had advantage once, went head to head on one
405 z>w
20 w=w fight to die
515 v=v 3 thief cards, beat boss.
I would guess even match up you are spending in the area of 500 teeth, probably because you need a little more health. dungeons with advantage, a little over 400. I have done it less than 400 teeth, beating boss with advantage.

CDmark

Baronet
I am hoping the Tower of Whispering Horrors and Monster Wares Boutique each come back as a special. With all these changes in the game, yes I know it is beta, but it would be nice to be able to focus on Daily Specials now. Xiphos mentioned in post #538 "haven't spent time with macro strategy", I feel the same but for me, the daily specials.

Kronan

Viceroy
Come home from a long day and fight and win against some Werewolves.... then get this:

1697838268598.png

Really? I have 2 other choice that are non-costing, but you pair me up so as to fight Werewolves again, and pay to unlock the best team?

Why is that constructive to keeping people engaged in the event/mini-game?

How about: Inno - Please don't re-offer the same fight pick as best choice against the enemy the user just finished. Set up a battle so the user can use one of the other 2 OPEN choices.

If all 3 are used and locked, and the user wants to continue, you can offer any of the 3, including the one just finished.

CDmark

Baronet
Come home from a long day and fight and win against some Werewolves.... then get this:

View attachment 10258

Really? I have 2 other choice that are non-costing, but you pair me up so as to fight Werewolves again, and pay to unlock the best team?

Why is that constructive to keeping people engaged in the event/mini-game?

How about: Inno - Please don't re-offer the same fight pick as best choice against the enemy the user just finished. Set up a battle so the user can use one of the other 2 OPEN choices.

If all 3 are used and locked, and the user wants to continue, you can offer any of the 3, including the one just finished

This has happened to me many times. So, I tested it yesterday, for your situation, I selected V vs V, the equal ones. I am pretty sure it will cost about 100 teeth more so now I am wondering is it worth it to open Wolf, in your case, then see what the next one would be. All I know, it costs more to beat the boss in this scenario.