• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

nice2haveu

Baronet
Health potion:htooth:spending not getting reduced means, it will be hectic to play reaching 300 though with new modified chest key requirements and progress.
Because 85, 45 and 10:htooth:for health potion disturbs the mini-game. If we want to keep a interesting game, health potion need some slight reduction like,
10, 35 and 60(max)
or
15, 30 and 60(max).

After rush quest, 150free + 250quest, total 400:htooth:per day are possible. Hence,
For a Dungeon,
Twice picking multiple ability cards, free and 50 = 100:htooth:
5 times doing redraw with 5 = 25:htooth:
Health high potion 85 value usage maximum 4 times = 340:htooth:
Based on this, overall amount of:htooth: used will be (340 + 25 + 100) 465.
So 465 - 400 = 65:htooth:shortage.

Also using 85health 4times if reduced to 3times, cannot guarantee to kill the boss because 9th or 10th card getting defeat will be guaranteed.
With chest keys increased, I don't know what to say. Reducing :htooth: on health potions might help but it cannot overcome the vague feeling of obtaining more keys and covering more prize progress(300).

I don't know the balance logic, IMO 200prize progress is pretty reasonable with new changes if they don't want to touch the health potion, and 300 is definitely not satisfying even though if it falls with balance logic very tightly.

I don't like the event mini game.

I don't like the previous balancing except redraw reduction.

I don't like the current balancing, especially 300 progress with keys increased. Since keys are increased, cannot enjoy about chest progress increase in value. It's like gifting sunglasses after hitting in the eyeso_O

Still halloween 2023 is my worst event of forge of empires. Few more days left, waiting to see if any other improvements makes me to change my thoughts about this event completely.

SirAlucard

Steward
Unless you are advised to use a deck 2 times in a row...
View attachment 10240
Had something similiar yesterday. Game suggested 3 times in a row to use Zombies to me. I don't care anymore. They make the event worse with every update, I will spend my teeths whenever I get somewhere close to finishing one dungeon, but I will only play the free dungeons every day and nothing more. It's the worst event ever and I play for 7 years now. It's clomplete failure and if Inno can't see that, then they person who makes the decisions should be replaced, because this person is blind. This thread has more complains and people saying it's a failure, than I've ever noticed in a single thread for an event, even for this year. This year is clearly the year of bad event mini game ideas.

My initial thoughts on the update are quite positive. The number of :htooth: have gone up from around 5.5k to 14.5k, perhaps another 500-1000 from incidents. That's not quite the 3x increase that we see in grand prize progress requirement, but it's not too far off. Based on the previous balancing you could get a lot more progress than required, and even with this slight nerf it should be very possible to get well above the required 3000 progress (2400 with league reward).

• 15,000 :htooth: / 21 days = 714 :htooth: per day
  • I spent 275 :htooth: on average my first 4 games after the update. That has gone up a bit since then, but I think 350 on average could be doable.
  • You get 68 progress per full dungeon, plus 25 progress per thief, plus 3 progress per remaining card (I usually have 4-5 remaining cards, so let's say +15). That's around 175 progress per day with 1 thief, for a total of around 3.7k progress.
  • You can also play games where you spend very few :htooth: for a few redraws, aiming for at most enemy card 9. From these I get around 30-40 progress, so with 1 of these per day as well in addition to 2 full dungeons you can get an additional 6-800 progress.
  • You can get around 500 progress if you get the daily double reward from gold chest. The daily challenge is worth around 3 progress per day on average, for an additional 60 progress.
  • So all in all, I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to get 4-5000 progress.

Additionally, daily special chance should actually be increased slightly. Yes the key requirements are tripled for bronze and doubled for silver/gold, but we should be able to get more than twice the amount of keys compared to before.

Main downside is the removal of rewards from dungeons, but I'm fine with that in exchange for much more room to play the event. We started out being lucky to get to play 10 full dungeons, now we're perhaps looking at 40 full dungeons across the event, that's a massive improvement if you ask me :)
I‘m sorry but I doubt your calculation. You say you spend 275 on average and end the dungeon with 4-5 cards remaining. How? I normally spend 250 on cards and end up with 0-2 left. And I need to heal once or twice in between.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I‘m sorry but I doubt your calculation. You say you spend 275 on average and end the dungeon with 4-5 cards remaining. How? I normally spend 250 on cards and end up with 0-2 left. And I need to heal once or twice in between.
Use the redraw generously: redraw for advantage to win in 1 card instead of 2, redraw to avoid excessive overkill so you have stronger cards later in the dungeon.

Use the redraw generously: redraw for advantage to win in 1 card instead of 2, redraw to avoid excessive overkill so you have stronger cards later in the dungeon.
That's what I do. Just spent 700 incl. 2 Thief cards, i.e. 500 without them. And I used quite a number of redraws. But when your opponent is a vampire and you run with a zombie deck and draw a Thief and 2 zombies redraw doesn't help because you still lose 6-8 health in one fight.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's what I do. Just spent 700 incl. 2 Thief cards, i.e. 500 without them. And I used quite a number of redraws. But when your opponent is a vampire and you run with a zombie deck and draw a Thief and 2 zombies redraw doesn't help because you still lose 6-8 health in one fight.
Then you re-redraw in that extreme case. I do think his 275 is a bit low an estimate - but i am under 400, including obtaining and using thief cards, on most runs.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This! And also getting a silver upgrade in the gold league instead of renovation kit.

Or both because it costs no one nothing. :p
Yeah, personally I think there’s quite some potential in the invention of the grand building spawners. Spawners been locked away behind top5% alongside the top1% makes feeling investing in leagues a bit more "safe." If you're dropping out of 1%, at least you're still get a spawner. Besides that it'll be encouraging active participants to invest. Aiming at the weaker spawner of top5%.

For this event, I think it would've been better if the devs made a tutorial video. Upon beta release or at least live release of such a different minigame. I know it's cheaper to let YouTubers make tutorials.

Aerendil

Squire
  • We have changed the redraw costs from 25 to 5:htooth:.
  • :htooth: Costs for continuous redrawing will now increase by a factor of 4, instead of 2.
  • We made the choice of your deck more meaningful! Some enemy cards are now guaranteed to be of the faction mentioned in the beginning.
  • Dungeons now start out easier and become more difficult! Later enemy cards now have even more health for example.
  • You can now gain :upgrade_silver:for the Stormspire from the boss at the 11th encounter!
good changes, especially the redraw costs

• We increased the :htooth:you can get from quests!
    • Rush Quests now provide 120 :htooth: (previous 90)
    • Daily Quests now provide 250 :htooth: (previous 170)
    • The Daily Free Currency Quests now provide 150 :htooth: (previous 80)
    • The Milestones now provide 400, 600 and 900 :htooth:
  • :htooth: from incidents have been increased as well.
  • You now need 300 :skull: Grand Prize progress per reward. (previous 100)
we get more currency to play more boards, this ist good.
300 progress instead of 100 is overcompensation, rewards are less than doubled but progress tripled.
This is a complicated event, change this to 200 or 250

I like the event

CrashBoom

Legend
wouldn't it be better if we just choose our side and the enemy is what we are best against ?

because else we will end (at least a few times during the event) with
advantage (1st per day can always be selected that), same (in the 2nd we won't chose disadvantage), but the 3rd then with a disadvantage (when not spending 100 teeth for a better choice)

Ashura Tsunoda

Merchant
As a positive, I like the improved animation during fighting in the dungeons. That was one of the complaints we had before and that is better now.

joyfulrider

Squire
These kind of improvements are needed to this event,

1) Redraw button, before selecting card itself reducing 5 count. Please modify it like after selecting some card, it can reduce the :htooth: value. Let the Dev's bring some logic to handle first 5 and then 20 under 'choose' button instead of redraw button (which is very easy to do since enemy card stay the with the same sequence number card).

2) On performing redraw, not showing all the available cards. That's okay, somehow compromise for this ugly strategy. But if ability cards available, please give one ability card without miss on every redraw. Showing multiple ability cards are okay, but if players has ability card(s) and while doing redraw not showing any of the ability card is unacceptable. Dev's can pick any one ability card randomly on the available list of cards from players tends to be more acceptable approach to this painful event.

3) For ability cards, don't force the players to exit or stay only. Let them allow to collect :htooth: from quests or any other way to pick their favorite card after increasing :htooth: value.

Myself not a big fan of this event but these improvements may reduce the hate spread as per my guess.