• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Also not mentioned in the changes, the finish all special production item was removed from the boss chest - which might've been the one reason I may have been glad for more dungeons.

Retired Guy

Marquis
Doesn't the Daily Challenge also need rebalanced.. we used to get 25% chance of a gold key, 2 of which would open a chest.. Now it take 4.. therefore the keys have to be increased.. Please do it quick before I complete the DC.. ;-)

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Also not mentioned in the changes, the finish all special production item was removed from the boss chest - which might've been the one reason I may have been glad for more dungeons.
This was changed on Tuesday, when the Silver Upgrade was included

Thunderdome

Emperor
I kind of liked it when it was at 100 per progress that I will need 1000 if I want to get the fully upgraded building. Now, it's 300? Should have kept the amount of keys needed to open at the previous so we can get there!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I kind of liked it when it was at 100 per progress that I will need 1000 if I want to get the fully upgraded building. Now, it's 300? Should have kept the amount of keys needed to open at the previous so we can get there!
The math is fine-ish - you get 3 times the teeth now to make that 3 times the progress needed.

It just takes 3 times the work for the same result is all - and the lazy fight fight fight die is less significant a contributor (but still something for free, so probably still do some amount of it if you're playing the event).

And as I say this I realize the change also made making wrong choices more punishing - because when fight fight fight die got you over halfway done, you could survive wrong choices and still get the building. But now you really need those teeth to do a good amount of work when they have to cover 70% of the progress. Can't say "it's easy, just play the event and you'll probably get a free building".

I tried so many times to dig into the mechanics and tried and failed and tried and failed and now I am at a point where I kind of give up. The mechanics are more or less clear meanwhile but run through a deck is far to expensive. I lost just by trial and error almost all event currency and from now on I will only play decks with minimal investment of teeth and see how far I will come...ah yes opening a chest once a day and wait until the best daily special pops up in order to open chests.... But I got the impression the event minigame took far to long in developing it and now we are at a point, where nothing is really successful for the beta testing. The changes made should have been on earlier stages. I dont believe that this will be a successfull event on live. I cant remember any event we were so much discussing internally in the guild and I couldnt find anybody being happy with what happened so far

Sinitar

Regent
here's a tip to rebalance the event if you want to mantain this balance:

Increase the total ammount of keys obtainable from fights by +1 of each type:

1° fight = 1 bronze key --> 2
2° fight = 3 bronze key --> 4
3° fight = 4 bronze key --> 5
4° fight = 1 silver key --> 2
5° fight = 5 bronze key --> 6
6° fight = 1 silver key --> 2
7° fight =1 gold key --> 2
8° fight = 2 silver key --> 3
9° fight = 1 gold key --> 2
10° fight = 1 gold key --> 2
11° fight = 1 bronze, 2 silver and 3 gold keys --> 2 bronze, 3 silver and 4 gold

This should be enough to finish the primary building when will come in live server

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
The math is fine-ish - you get 3 times the teeth now to make that 3 times the progress needed.
Three times the amount is the key point of this (one step forward, two steps back) change.

But why do they (Inno) have to mess with the number of keys needed to open a chest? They've should have left that alone if they want to make 300 (yet, I find that kind of insulting) for each progress for their 3x the effort routine (or, increase the number of keys given out by 3 for each encounter completed). Before this change, I managed to get through that 100 progress to collect the prize that is ready.

@Juber, any possibly we can have the clicking mechanics looked into when it comes to unlocking chests? It takes about 5-7 (or even longer, depending on speed of connection) seconds for a prize to be given upon a click. I like to click a little faster than that until my keys are done so I don't get that message saying the chest is not available in between clicks. Or, could we have a quantifier like we can select the number of keys we can use (as long it covers the amount we have) and click it in one go (like with inventory items)? A little QoL suggestion.

My personal left open question. Is this a well designed event for the top 5 to 10 % of players. If not this event will fail. This is my personal impression. I am pretty sure that folks will either skip the event but investing money. And money is making the world go around... or making customers happy

Last edited:
The increased amount of teeth from the quest tonight were very welcome. I actually got to fight some battles and clear some dungeons

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
  • You now need 300 :skull: Grand Prize progress per reward.
  • We increased the costs for the chests, as well as increased how much :skull: Grand Prize progress they provide.
Health potion:htooth:spending not getting reduced means, it will be hectic to play reaching 300 though with new modified chest key requirements and progress.
Because 85, 45 and 10:htooth:for health potion disturbs the mini-game. If we want to keep a interesting game, health potion need some slight reduction like,
10, 35 and 60(max)
or
15, 30 and 60(max).

After rush quest, 150free + 250quest, total 400:htooth:per day are possible. Hence,
For a Dungeon,
Twice picking multiple ability cards, free and 50 = 100:htooth:
5 times doing redraw with 5 = 25:htooth:
Health high potion 85 value usage maximum 4 times = 340:htooth:
Based on this, overall amount of:htooth: used will be (340 + 25 + 100) 465.
So 465 - 400 = 65:htooth:shortage.

Also using 85health 4times if reduced to 3times, cannot guarantee to kill the boss because 9th or 10th card getting defeat will be guaranteed.

• The :upgrade_silver: and :upgrade_gold: :fragment: for the Laboratory of Monstrosities and The Ectoplasmic Nightmares Selection Kit have been removed from the rewards you get for defeating enemies.
  • The Stormspire and its various upgrade rewards have been moved to more difficult enemies.
If fragments are removed for few selection kits after defeating enemies, necessarily not giving any interest to see stormsphire rewards for defeating enemies. Building itself not satisfying, but seeing as a reward for defeating difficult enemies not giving any kind of interesting thoughts. Once becoming as useless reward, moving anywhere still be considered as useless only.

• :forge_point: and :goods: amounts have been reduced for defeating enemies.
Whats this?? It is confusing. Is this enemy card chest rewards getting reduced? Rewards are removed like mentioned in the earlier point and here they are mentioned as reduced:rolleyes:

But needs to appreciate development team for increasing the :htooth: from the quests. Now they realised, how they screwed as for more than a week by releasing the event with limited:htooth:.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Three times the amount is the key point of this (one step forward, two steps back) change.

But why do they (Inno) have to mess with the number of keys needed to open a chest? They've should have left that alone if they want to make 300 (yet, I find that kind of insulting) for each progress for their 3x the effort routine (or, increase the number of keys given out by 3 for each encounter completed). Before this change, I managed to get through that 100 progress to collect the prize that is ready.

@Juber, any possibly we can have the clicking mechanics looked into when it comes to unlocking chests? It takes about 5-7 (or even longer, depending on speed of connection) seconds for a prize to be given upon a click. I like to click a little faster than that until my keys are done so I don't get that message saying the chest is not available in between clicks. Or, could we have a quantifier like we can select the number of keys we can use (as long it covers the amount we have) and click it in one go (like with inventory items)? A little QoL suggestion.
The chest changes are because the intention was not to increase the number of prizes you get for the most part, but rather the amount of play it takes to get them. Their plan being that you get 2-3 times the keys you used to, and the chests cost twice as much - so you get about the same number of chests, just with more work.

Retired Guy

Marquis
So.. we increased the number of keys to open a chest, but didn't increase the number of keys from winning a battle? So the battle rewards, and Daily Challenge rewards ALSO need a multiplier ! and just one more issue.. it seems we always rebalance \ twist a game late Thursday so we have at least 3 days where additional changes to correct rebalance misses can't be fixed.. Sure, they tried to fix something, but didn't apply the multiplication al the way thru... AND.. it really wasn't broken..

Last edited: