• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

nice2haveu

Baronet
Foe Game has lot of unwanted popups and more work taken in advance to reduce the popup annoying to some degree.

Why I am saying this because, if they don't remove or replace this event, then suggesting to introduce one popup message while clicking the fight button if the player health gets to zero (less than one).

Display a popup message saying,

"You cannot survive in the dungeon after this fight because of draining all your health"

Or

"No health will be available after this fight to stay alive in the dungeon"

If the fight button clicked on 11th entry, no need to display this message, because currently it is giving message as boss defeated or not. Small warning message to intimate the player if they missed it to notice unintentionally due to performing more clicks (on heavy boredom or focusing only on the attack powers).

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Foe Game has lot of unwanted popups and more work taken in advance to reduce the popup annoying to some degree.

Why I am saying this because, if they don't remove or replace this event, then suggesting to introduce one popup message while clicking the fight button if the player health gets to zero (less than one).

Display a popup message saying,

"You cannot survive in the dungeon after this fight because of draining all your health"

Or

"No health will be available after this fight to stay alive in the dungeon"

If the fight button clicked on 11th entry, no need to display this message, because currently it is giving message as boss defeated or not. Small warning message to intimate the player if they missed it to notice unintentionally due to performing more clicks (on heavy boredom or focusing only on the attack powers).
It should be like confirmation window displaying the message with two buttons continue and Abort.
Code:
            <Your message>

| Continue |         | Abort |

:eek:

Suggestions for this event are still coming up. My wish on getting previous Halloween event is fading out inch by inch:(.

Okay, Receive my share of suggestion (if you guys don't understand, I cannot explain clearly since giving the suggestion like foe dev team how they confused me in this event).

Suggestions are connected to one another,
1) If the fight happens by using witches card and got succeeded, move event progress forward by one point and increase the chance of getting a unique sorcerer icon size card in the event by 5%. Okay, what is sorcerer icon card, point 2 explains it, please continue reading.
2) Remove teeth unlock concept for the dungeons and introduce sorcerer card concept to unlock the dungeons, one more icon size card to this event which can be used to unlock the dungeon instantly. There is a procedure for sorcerer icon card, it will be produced while defeating the enemy card by using the ability cards and to unlock the dungeon instantly, maximum three sorcerer icon cards are needed. If all three sorcerer icon cards are same, dungeon will be unlocked but one bronze key will be added. If two are same, one silver key will be added. If all three sorcerer icon cards are unique, one gold key will be added. Each dungeon should be displayed with 3 slots for sorcerer icon card to place to unlock after daily free usage. In this, daily 3 dungeon free selection doesn't need to be disturbed, it stays as it is.
3) from point 2, Introduce player achievement called 'sorcerers connect', if any player collected three different sorcerers in the same dungeon.
4) If any dungeon boss got defeated and same dungeon got selected again to do the fights means, 'redraw' should be available for free. No teeth, involvement on redraw' button in the same day after defeating the boss in that specific dungeon. This applicable even if it is unlocked by using sorcerer icon card or by some timer malfunction for the dungeons.
5) sorcerer icon cards count and details will be displayed under tactics window in a separate tab.
6) In the same day, if any player defeats the boss of each dungeons maximum 3 times, a total of 9 (3w+3v+3z) dungeons boss, 625 (witches) teeth will be awarded. It is a one time reward for a day.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Probably not worth a bug report, but some of the quests are missing periods "." at the end of their quest texts :)
1696704094846.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So this guy is spending almost 700 teeth for one dungeon. He got I assume more than normal amount of keys. Does this amount of keys worth 700 teeth?
My last "normal" boss run costs me about 400 teeth to do a full run with 5 cards left at the end = 5 extra silver keys. 99 progress.

A free run with 0 teeth gives about 8 progress from 8 bronze keys. Maybe 11 progress if you can also win the silver key from the 4th encounter.

So 400 teeth gained me about 88-91 extra progress. 4.39-4.54 teeth/progress.

---

Buying an extra thief card and stealing the boss card we'll say costs you 50 for the card, and 25 for a redraw to find it most likely. 75 teeth / 25 progress = 3 teeth/progress. If you had to redraw twice to find it and it goes up to 125 / 25 progress it'd be 5 teeth/progress and a bit expensive, but since you mostly shouldn't have to do that, I'd say buying the extra thief card is worth 50.

---

Buying an extra offensive card you end up not using is 50/3 = 16.7 teeth/progress. *Really* not worth it. But if you fail the dungeon and miss out on 25 progress because you didn't have enough cards that costs you a lot too. And if you use the ability card at some point it probably saves you enough in healing to have been worth the 50.

---

I doubt *any* card is worth 100 teeth considering it's the worst of the 3 cards you were offered. At most pick the best 2.

---

Buying an extra "short" run for 100 teeth to reuse a deck is 100/8 = 12.5 teeth/progress. Seems a really bad deal - should stick to the free decks and trying to win dungeons when you build up enough teeth.

---

I would overall use the cutoff as "5 teeth per extra progress = ok" to judge - If they got 150 progress worth of keys out of the run (140 over the baseline of ~10), then I'd say it was worth 700 teeth.

Retired Guy

Marquis
You should be able to see your entire card deck so you have a clue what's left, etc. Or... you can go thru the deck , make a list, and cross them off as used.. it does help..

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Buying an extra offensive card you end up not using is 50/3 = 16.7 teeth/progress. *Really* not worth it. But if you fail the dungeon and miss out on 25 progress because you didn't have enough cards that costs you a lot too. And if you use the ability card at some point it probably saves you enough in healing to have been worth the 50.
I think the offensive cards really come down to allowing you to save on multiple normal cards. For example, using Frenzy on the boss will instantly kill it, saving you the 2-3 normal cards you might normally need to defeat it.

But ability cards are actually transformed into gold keys, so 6 progress per card. Not that great, but still a lot better than potentially running out of cards to attack with. Once you commit to finishing a dungeon, you have to finish it, otherwise you waste a ton of teeth for not that much gain.

My current priority for cards is:
  1. Thief
  2. Frenzy
  3. Vile Renewal
  4. Soul Sever
  5. Madness
  6. Heal
[EDIT] Also, the 8 and 10 health cards can be good savings, especially the 10 health one, if you can get them for 50.

Last edited:

Arya66

Squire
Is there a way to choose which card you want to use?? If so, I don't see it. If not, there should be!

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
:eek:

Suggestions for this event are still coming up. My wish on getting previous Halloween event is fading out inch by inch:(.

Okay, Receive my share of suggestion (if you guys don't understand, I cannot explain clearly since giving the suggestion like foe dev team how they confused me in this event).

Suggestions are connected to one another,
1) If the fight happens by using witches card and got succeeded, move event progress forward by one point and increase the chance of getting a unique sorcerer icon size card in the event by 5%. Okay, what is sorcerer icon card, point 2 explains it, please continue reading.
2) Remove teeth unlock concept for the dungeons and introduce sorcerer card concept to unlock the dungeons, one more icon size card to this event which can be used to unlock the dungeon instantly. There is a procedure for sorcerer icon card, it will be produced while defeating the enemy card by using the ability cards and to unlock the dungeon instantly, maximum three sorcerer icon cards are needed. If all three sorcerer icon cards are same, dungeon will be unlocked but one bronze key will be added. If two are same, one silver key will be added. If all three sorcerer icon cards are unique, one gold key will be added. Each dungeon should be displayed with 3 slots for sorcerer icon card to place to unlock after daily free usage. In this, daily 3 dungeon free selection doesn't need to be disturbed, it stays as it is.
3) from point 2, Introduce player achievement called 'sorcerers connect', if any player collected three different sorcerers in the same dungeon.
4) If any dungeon boss got defeated and same dungeon got selected again to do the fights means, 'redraw' should be available for free. No teeth, involvement on redraw' button in the same day after defeating the boss in that specific dungeon. This applicable even if it is unlocked by using sorcerer icon card or by some timer malfunction for the dungeons.
5) sorcerer icon cards count and details will be displayed under tactics window in a separate tab.
6) In the same day, if any player defeats the boss of each dungeons maximum 3 times, a total of 9 (3w+3v+3z) dungeons boss, 625 (witches) teeth will be awarded. It is a one time reward for a day.
You are making this sarcastically or frustratingly, I don't want to conclude. To be honest, I like the contents mentioned by you.

That's massive change over and I took my time to analyse it. It fits every corner of this event except the first point mentioning with some 5%. One point forward push mentioned in the first point fits too with the remaining points, it's interesting to think about it. With your approach, there are huge possibility to people like this event.

This much big change to consider now need a big guts and proper planning. Already more time wasted, they cannot deliver this even if they wish to do this change (mostly 99.99% it won't happen from our Dev's, big risk to perform this now).

If you are sharing this for fun, you can enjoy, but it's damn good as per my opinion.

Thunderdome

Emperor
But, really...
"Are there spooky scary skeletons?"
That's really what the world wants to know. I get some scary wolves when I do play, however. It does feel a bit like Pokemon/Digimon in terms of having to choose a card to duel against the opponent.

And come on,
Complete 5 negotiations in Guild Expedition
Many of us do not "negotiate" in GE. GE-5 is way too much to negotiate in, especially if one is very close to finishing off GE-5 with just fighting alone. However, if the GE is capped off complete at GE-4 (100%) this should be marked as complete as well; GE-5 is a bonus round for those wishing to get more rewards.

Then... I missed this for when it was in events...
Complete 5 Encounters in Guild Expedition
This right here... gave us that choice. Guess I will have to wait until the next GE event once I finish my few (3) GE-4 encounters remaining.

Pirowars

Farmer
A little info for the event building fragments for those who might not have noticed that there were some in the dungeons
48ac269dd0.png

Gedrog

Squire
You can choose a deck once for free every day. If you want to use it again, you have to pay the teeth. What should be the intended behaviour?
Effectively a rip-off if Inno keeps doing this there will be no incentive to spend a lot of money on the event, eventually killing off events for paying customers as well

The mechanics is a bit like the Anniversary/football I think if you beat the boss you should get a free pass to re-select the same pack because you would have spent event currency on health, redraw and may have bought extra ability cards.

Every day after reset the first key used gets double advance
Strategy for diamond player play daily 3 levels max

It would be wise to play daily to avoid the diamond bleed if you are playing multiple turns the unlocking cost quickly shoots up.
Costs If you unlock the each deck 5 times
100 1
150 2
225 3
338 4
538 5

1x deck 5 times unlocked = 3,278 Diamonds
3 x deck 5 times unlocked = 9,835 Diamonds
And this is excluding currency used for health redraw or ability cards
overall after burning 4K diamonds I got the mechanics
@ mooingcat praised this building well in my view it is pathetic 4 levels and all you get is 6% attack with a massive penalty on happiness he compared it to sentinel well sentinel gives oodles of defence but does not penalise your happiness Inno will need to pay me to put this piece of dung in my city

Spark.jpg

For me a good event building balances attack and defence provides goods fragments of something useful supplies and coins and fp, population and happiness. Medals useless you can earn more medals doing 1.9 threads rather give me supplies and coins after all 1.9 threads is there to help each other grow.

Previous age goods well plenty of event buildings give current and previous like Aegean
Huge changes too GBG so rather than adjusting the output of ARC,AI,ATOM and OBS you now get event buildings that boost Guild goods :-(

For Attack defence it nicely offset Aegean couples resort so balancing attack and defence just got a bit easier
Having a city full of Sumerhold palaces, buccaneers bay, Aegean couples resort and thundering labs is a relative ly good balance

Comparison.jpg

So how does Betsy Bar and Nightmare Box compare

Betsy Bar, Jester stage keep
Use Nightmare Box when needed
PRY8, Paradise rose useless after defence stack nerf
Other advantages I won't mention seeing as Inno listens to whiny free players an nerf any advantages the paying players have
Jester stage.jpg

Some free loader moaned on the last event about diamond spenders and their ability to get too many event buildings well Inno certainly took care of that

joyfulrider

Squire
Effectively a rip-off if Inno keeps doing this there will be no incentive to spend a lot of money on the event, eventually killing off events for paying customers as well

The mechanics is a bit like the Anniversary/football I think if you beat the boss you should get a free pass to re-select the same pack because you would have spent event currency on health, redraw and may have bought extra ability cards.

Every day after reset the first key used gets double advance
Strategy for diamond player play daily 3 levels max

It would be wise to play daily to avoid the diamond bleed if you are playing multiple turns the unlocking cost quickly shoots up.
Costs If you unlock the each deck 5 times
100 1
150 2
225 3
338 4
538 5

1x deck 5 times unlocked = 3,278 Diamonds
3 x deck 5 times unlocked = 9,835 Diamonds
And this is excluding currency used for health redraw or ability cards
overall after burning 4K diamonds I got the mechanics
@ mooingcat praised this building well in my view it is pathetic 4 levels and all you get is 6% attack with a massive penalty on happiness he compared it to sentinel well sentinel gives oodles of defence but does not penalise your happiness Inno will need to pay me to put this piece of dung in my city

View attachment 10217

For me a good event building balances attack and defence provides goods fragments of something useful supplies and coins and fp, population and happiness. Medals useless you can earn more medals doing 1.9 threads rather give me supplies and coins after all 1.9 threads is there to help each other grow.

Previous age goods well plenty of event buildings give current and previous like Aegean
Huge changes too GBG so rather than adjusting the output of ARC,AI,ATOM and OBS you now get event buildings that boost Guild goods :-(

For Attack defence it nicely offset Aegean couples resort so balancing attack and defence just got a bit easier
Having a city full of Sumerhold palaces, buccaneers bay, Aegean couples resort and thundering labs is a relative ly good balance

View attachment 10218

So how does Betsy Bar and Nightmare Box compare

Betsy Bar, Jester stage keep
Use Nightmare Box when needed
PRY8, Paradise rose useless after defence stack nerf
Other advantages I won't mention seeing as Inno listens to whiny free players an nerf any advantages the paying players have
View attachment 10220

Some free loader moaned on the last event about diamond spenders and their ability to get too many event buildings well Inno certainly took care of that
2023 year, this needs to be admitted. So many buildings are introduced, and can be utilized by players who make the company happy.

Sparkforge stormsphire, who picked these names, these are from other video games company things. Don't they raise any copyright issue. For this small piece of item, silver, gold and upgrade item added which is a very deep thinking to master in doing crazy things.

Decided to skip the event from starting itself, and whenever try to comeback and play, the irritation feel is 100% guaranteed. Not going to spend any more time on this event in beta itself. I understood the mechanics very well, so I will be playing it in live very casually.

My one wish is, all live server players should be forced to try this event in beta before hitting live servers, Because they can plan a very well quality time with the family when it is releasing on live.

Gedrog

Squire
Has anyone come across the Finish Special Production as a daily switch?
Nope other than daily specials I have got the store building asylum, world's fair and other useless garbage but nothing impressive I was disappointed how dailies were stacked I got to 900 progress and got less than 10 store it kits