• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

Una Queen

Squire
3 dungeons a day - i.e. use your free use of each deck each day. Just most of the time he's planning to not spend any teeth.
ok I see what you meant by not using teeth on a couple a day... ignore my last post. still trying to learn this event.

jovada

Regent
I concentrate on beating 1 boss and the other two just click and fight and loose (it will give you some bronze and silver keys)
Concentrating on 1 boss wil cost you about a 500 teeth , and you should always pick up 2 steel keys and some heal/destroy cards, this way you can when you reach the boss steel 2 times giving you 6 or 9 golden keys (if you also defeat the boss)
So far i'm halve row 2 of the prizes and 18 days left , if i save my teeths and go every 3 days for a boss with 2 steels it's possible to reach end of row 3 from prizes and with the quest have just enough upgrades to complete the building, after that just level up with silver and gold fragments when you have enough of them.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I have one suggestion to make both developers and players happy. I don't want this as a Halloween event. Instead, it can be introduced as "Horror Tunnel" in the city itself like placed next to friends tavern like mountain tunnel entering.

To keep this as a limited time event, this completely bad idea as per my opinion. Because there are easy failures and profits to players which are not that much compromising ones. They can tweak the teeth concept easily and can be introduced as separate concept in the city. They can improvise so much in that way by introducing in the city area. All players can wish to do daily 3 dungeons and reset behaviour fits nicely to consider as a new concept in the city. League reward, prizes just need to be replaced or altered, thats not a big deal.

Also, bring the last year Halloween event back with new changes and kindly requesting to consider this thought for a moment to make players and everyone happy. It's a win-win situation for everyone. I strongly feel like that and mainly too bad to throw this new event as one time activity in the entire year. Always, GE, GvG, GbG, PvP, Plunder, GB contributing, goods trade, let them have this as a one extra content to the city. I don't see what's wrong in doing like this.

Last edited:

Beta567

Baronet
I don't remember a case when Inno changed event concept on live servers and beta had something different. Anyone?
So why bother asking to return the old event? It is not happening at least this year. Just focus on how you can do better on live servers and keep going.

This is exactly the same feedback what I've seen during Anniversary event this year.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I noticed that if your health gets near 4 or below after defeating a card, you will most likely get the right type of card for the next battle in hopes that you rush and take the risk with a higher chance at losing.

Emberguard

Emperor
Yes, you have to manage your card count so you don't enter battle lacking. They need to be cards you can attack with. I lost one boss battle with 8 cards but 6 were theft and stand-alone health cards.
So it basically means you need to buy all 3 cards when they offer it?
No, monitor usage and ensure you have what you need to win. You do not have to buy all 3 all the time.

For the standalone Health cards, if you know you're going to be buying +10 HP anyway. That's 85 Teeth. So if you get a +10 HP standalone card and then buy a battle card for 50 Teeth, that's a net positive of 35 Teeth which you could use 25 Teeth to reshuffle if needed and you'd still be 10 Teeth ahead

Emberguard

Emperor
I don't remember a case when Inno changed event concept on live servers and beta had something different. Anyone?

Sort of. Not the entire minigame, but Fellowship (when they swapped it to St. Patricks type minigame) they were trying a different balancing for the minigame, then reverted it to the old balancing as it'd take too much time to fine tune it to be different

I am not pleased about the number of DOUBLE champs/rouges I've been getting from the golden chests. The minigame sucks, the prices sucks, is this the event I skip too??

Ellys

Farmer
I think the cost of teeth to get thru the dungeons is way too high. I just completed all 3 dungeons and went from 1,200ish to 330 teeth making it about 350-450 cost per dungeon. Mind you I did about 3 card swaps on avg (75 total cost) and tried to buy only the 10HP for 85 as that is most efficient. Only took 1 free card from the offered 3 cards after defeating certain enemies.

Say the total amount of teeth given during the event is about 60x56quests, 20 dailies and bonus for 3 quests, well some incidents ... so say about 5,600 in total. That is really only good for about 14-15 fully completed dungeons meaning one is pretty much done in combined 5days here and there or just do 1 dungeon per day and still have 5 days doing nothing? ... of course person wont sit out if they buy teeth with diamonds (I guess that is intended?).

So either lower the costs or bumb up the free teeth

I dont mind the new mechanics as I think I got the hang of it, but i think you will need to reduce the costs. Also not sure what was wrong with the good old Halloween one? Not every event needs to be "renovated" and mechanics totally changed IMO.

joyfulrider

Squire
So why bother asking to return the old event? It is not happening at least this year. Just focus on how you can do better on live servers and keep going.

This is exactly the same feedback what I've seen during Anniversary event this year.
Anniversary event beta players are so happy initially and one nerf came all of them hate it. Discussed so long and a compromising buff solved it.

But now this Halloween event itself unlikely not satisfying in terms of many things. As a beta player trying our best to not reduce live players count by leaving this game on seeing the disappointment on their Halloween event this year.

Inno or Foe team listen or don't listen to us is upto them only. We cannot take a stand like, not give our opinion. We are left with only hope and opinions. Every new change needs an beginning moment. Let's continue what's can be done from our side.

joyfulrider

Squire
I have one suggestion to make both developers and players happy. I don't want this as a Halloween event. Instead, it can be introduced as "Horror Tunnel" in the city itself like placed next to friends tavern like mountain tunnel entering.

To keep this as a limited time event, this completely bad idea as per my opinion. Because there are easy failures and profits to players which are not that much compromising ones. They can tweak the teeth concept easily and can be introduced as separate concept in the city. They can improvise so much in that way by introducing in the city area. All players can wish to do daily 3 dungeons and reset behaviour fits nicely to consider as a new concept in the city. League reward, prizes just need to be replaced or altered, thats not a big deal.

Also, bring the last year Halloween event back with new changes and kindly requesting to consider this thought for a moment to make players and everyone happy. It's a win-win situation for everyone. I strongly feel like that and mainly too bad to throw this new event as one time activity in the entire year. Always, GE, GvG, GbG, PvP, Plunder, GB contributing, goods trade, let them have this as a one extra content to the city. I don't see what's wrong in doing like this.
Interesting suggestion but still more work to do. I feel like after seeing the people crying heavily after the release of the event in live server, then they will do something. They won't just believe only beta players opinion. Live server players are much larger than beta. Surely they will have live QA session for this event, waiting to see how people going to react there once appeared in live.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I think the cost of teeth to get thru the dungeons is way too high. I just completed all 3 dungeons and went from 1,200ish to 330 teeth making it about 350-450 cost per dungeon. Mind you I did about 3 card swaps on avg (75 total cost) and tried to buy only the 10HP for 85 as that is most efficient. Only took 1 free card from the offered 3 cards after defeating certain enemies.

Say the total amount of teeth given during the event is about 60x56quests, 20 dailies and bonus for 3 quests, well some incidents ... so say about 5,600 in total. That is really only good for about 14-15 fully completed dungeons meaning one is pretty much done in combined 5days here and there or just do 1 dungeon per day and still have 5 days doing nothing? ... of course person wont sit out if they buy teeth with diamonds (I guess that is intended?).

So either lower the costs or bumb up the free teeth

I dont mind the new mechanics as I think I got the hang of it, but i think you will need to reduce the costs. Also not sure what was wrong with the good old Halloween one? Not every event needs to be "renovated" and mechanics totally changed IMO.
You don't want to complete every dungeon. You'll run out of teeth :)

I am completly lost! Might because I am in a current depressive phase and cant collect my brains. But if this event mini(?) game is adressed to the masses it will fail. Games should be fun and generating happiness. Investing brains is generating happiness at least. But if only 1 to 5 % of the players are happy with this challenge even less would pay the prize... I guess
I am the first time in my beta time close to even skip this event.

joyfulrider

Squire
It's

Really

Easy

to lose track

of your HP!!!!!

And you can use all of your cards before the boss and lose the whole dungeon!!! In ANY OTHER CARD GAME, you don't put away your card until you swap or it loses all its HP!
How wisely you decide to play, the mini game makes you to fail by giving useless deck cards.

Every card games need luck and clever thinking. Generally (from this year) every foe event mini game needs a good strategy to follow. So,
Luck + Cleverness + Strategy is good enough for card game like they decided. But missed one thing which is very important in any card game called 'SEQUENCE'. Without making the sequence, there is nothing can be done in the card game. Same happening here. It's very hard to keep the sequence (flow or action procedure) in this event mini game. Intentionally they made this big change and just few days passed, slowly we are getting used to it (human nature).

Ellys

Farmer
You don't want to complete every dungeon. You'll run out of teeth :)
Well, you can't complete all of them of course but you need to complete enough of them to get 42 golden keys :) (to get 2x21 progress with gold chest). I've done only about 5 or 6 full ones.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Well, you can't complete all of them of course but you need to complete enough of them to get 42 golden keys :) (to get 2x21 progress with gold chest). I've done only about 5 or 6 full ones.
You only need to complete 7 to get enough gold keys to open a box each day. But even then, you don't need to do 7 completions to reach 1000 progress and the level 8 Lab. By my math, you could do as few as 5 full completions, play the rest as just spending no teeth, and you'll get that level 8 Lab.