• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

SirAlucard

Steward
Nope. I can say I've never worked for InnoGames. But this minigame *is* good imo. Here's why:
  1. It's new, not a repeat of another.
  2. The time required daily is relatively low. Once we get good, probably only a few minutes per world is all you'll need.
  3. The minigame is easy to play, but hard to master.
  4. It's relatively simple to get good rewards, and as a result of being harder to get farther into the dungeon, you can get really good rewards for free if you work for 'em.
  5. The art is dope.
Don't take my thoughts on your reasons as a personal attack but:

1. Yeah, it may be new, but so was the anniversary event, but that's no guarantee to be something good.
2. May be true, if you just click through it, because you either don't care and just want to finish for the day or you actually know what you're doing and the RNG doesn't constantly screws you over.
3. Not really easy to play. MTG is easy to play and hard to master, but this is just gambling with a non intuitive game mechanic.
4. Also just true if RNG doesn't screw you constantly over.
5. The only point I agree on. The art team are once again on top of what they're doing, but it doesn't help with the terrible implementation of a bad mini game.

TL;DR I highly doubt, that this will be a successful event. Especially since the new buildings seem not to light the fire inside some players as the previous buildings did.

Norde

Merchant
Nice idea to make a "card" minigame, but i'm not really satisfied with it.
The rule is simple btw x>y>z>x (triangle) and one is equal. You don't have to remember, because even in the dungeon between 2 cards there is it in the background. Clever.

But you don't really have to thinking, just fight, fight fight. and lose. Most times your card weaker, but even if you win, you lose health
example: vampire 3-5 3 vs werewolf 2-4 2 (werewolf had 1HP, right, werewolf stronger against vampire, but 1hp..., i won, but lost 5HP)
There are no turns, both the player and the npc card played at the same time. Turns could improve the progress, by preventing the nonsense hp losing, prioritizing the player.

In this type of card game, you should give the player a choice. At least 2-3 cards in the hand and the player decide what card to play. Because at the moment it doesn't make sense which card is stronger against the other, you have to play the only one card you get. (even if you redraw),
Better way could be, 2-3 cards in hand, play one, draw one, (if you don't like drop one[your choice] draw one for 25...) But here you have to pay to choose cards, interesting way.

Atm I don't think I can get any golden key, the game isn't builded that way.
I'll waiting for optimizing.

Last edited:
I would opt for creating an sequence of moves
For example: Player cards preform action first, then an enemy card - in every encounter
or: there is always recurring action path Player then opponent - new encounter does not interrupt this path

Ex1 repercussions:
Whenever player defeats an enemy card, he get's "an extra move"
But then enemy defeats after it's action, the player card performs an action
Ex2 repercussions:
In contrast to prev. example
It doesn't matter if the player's card defeats an opponent or not, after it's action, an enemy performs an action and vice versa when an opponent performs an action

Nessie

Baronet
Totally lost with the dynamics of this event. Clicked a few buttons and various things happened but I don't know what or why? The instructions are absolutely useless.

It seems like Psychopomp Pete has taken over the asylum.
I wait for MooingCat's video to explain it to me. InnoGames seems to be incapable of giving an explanation of the MiniGame that everyone can understand

I think full credit to inno it's fun you are trying new mechanics (although I loved the old halloween/archeology format, I hope it comes back for a mini game).

My main issue is it feels you get to play very little overall - as in you basically always die about 4-6 in, even buying health. I buy diamonds to use in mini games as I love them, but I wouldn't buy teeth every day to play this.

My first instinct would be to burn through the daily challenges to get keys day 1, and then collect teeth and not play again to the end, where I could finish a few boss levels. I don't think this would engage me enough to buy diamonds to play, because it's just too infrequent.

Two ideas
1. Lowering the cost for health/increasing the base number of health. That way you might say 4-6 with your own health, 7-8 if you buy health, and really far in because you want to I'd but diamonds.
2. Lower the cost to switch cards - this would be my preference, because that's the strategy and fun of the game, do you use lower cards earlier but it costs you health, or do you go at the end with lots of weak cards. It's the strategy and point of the mini game, but at 25 a swap, you just cannot do it frequently.

Just my thoughts - I think this could be really good, but for me personally as is I wouldn't spend time or diamonds on it, so it seems no win for inno or players!

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Don't take my thoughts on your reasons as a personal attack but:

1. Yeah, it may be new, but so was the anniversary event, but that's no guarantee to be something good.
2. May be true, if you just click through it, because you either don't care and just want to finish for the day or you actually know what you're doing and the RNG doesn't constantly screws you over.
3. Not really easy to play. MTG is easy to play and hard to master, but this is just gambling with a non intuitive game mechanic.
4. Also just true if RNG doesn't screw you constantly over.
5. The only point I agree on. The art team are once again on top of what they're doing, but it doesn't help with the terrible implementation of a bad mini game.

TL;DR I highly doubt, that this will be a successful event. Especially since the new buildings seem not to light the fire inside some players as the previous buildings did.
Maybe I'm confused, but the anniversary event was good? What was wrong with it? And this event is easy to play. You can just click through cards. But if you're strategic, you can definitely do well here.

Just because when you look at something you don't immediately see the optimal strategy doesn't mean that it's a bad game. RNG doesn't constantly screw you over - bad strategy does. All RNG does is make the game a little bit different each time you play. You (and many other players) are saying that this is a terrible minigame - why? Beyond being a lot to look at at first (which every event minigame is), it really isn't that hard to understand how it works.

Una Queen

Squire
Im loving this event :)

I agree with uberhelp that even anniversary event was good, time consuming yes, but I enjoyed that event too.

jovada

Regent
Just so you know, if you use the redraw button you are given 3 cards to choose from

I too didn’t notice at first, but there’s a arrow button

Yes but if you have only 1 card left you should'nt have the option redraw and loose 25 teeth for nothing.

Also why does your card dissapear after a fight even when you are not killed ?

Nope. I can say I've never worked for InnoGames. But this minigame *is* good imo. Here's why:
  1. It's new, not a repeat of another.
  2. The time required daily is relatively low. Once we get good, probably only a few minutes per world is all you'll need.
  3. The minigame is easy to play, but hard to master.
  4. It's relatively simple to get good rewards, and as a result of being harder to get farther into the dungeon, you can get really good rewards for free if you work for 'em.
  5. The art is dope.
I would say Yes to your point one. But I would give a big NO for No 2. Yesterday we had a renewing time of first some 4 hrs 45 min. After time server renewal time it was suddenly 23 hrs (ok bug) but now it is some 20 x minutes. Means you every 20 X minutes are requested to play cards. I find the dark background not useful and the figures are not intuitive. It takes days to dig into the mechanics.
I like that some new is tested / used. So we should not be to harsh in criticizing Inno. It seems that they have invested a lot of brains in that minigame. So beta testing is really test work and I like the way this testwork is transparently "honored" by having this list of open issues and closed ones. One can have a look at it even before start playing. If we detect an issue and its already listed... fine!

Last edited:

Norde

Merchant
Just so you know, if you use the redraw button you are given 3 cards to choose from

I too didn’t notice at first, but there’s a arrow button
:oops: Thanks! Now much better.

I think I use too much teeth or it costs too much.
5 redraw / deck seems good, I can defeat 8-10 cards.
That would be 7875 teeth for 21 days, I doubt we get that much, maybe one less redraw / deck...
How many teeth do we get from the later quests?