• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
if it was intended why was it changed back to 5 BP directly opened ?

I finished that questline today a last time and didn't get them to the inventory anymore
Could you please create a support ticket? I am not aware of any change there.

I specifically was watching for the House of Horrors and the Abandoned Asylum. Never saw the Asylum as a daily or switch. Guess this is beta a a place to work out stuff like this. Only needed 3 more. I am in the same situation for my main world, so I hope when it goes live this is not a issue.

A is a *good thing*. One of the few remaining stresses against stacking whatever stats you care about (FP/military). This makes city design interesting - do you want space for 1 supply building and make the quests torture, or 6 and make them reasonable, or even more and make them fast? (With the tradeoff that if you have less you have more space for what you really want). This is a moderately interesting decision - we need more of those.

B. The further intricacy of using a special supply building and not always being able to rush (only on the productions that make coins or supplies) is also moderately interesting. While I went sleigh builders for a long while, I'm now thinking about cider mill lv 1 for the rush ability as rushes have gotten more common. Not as interesting as A, but still interesting.

---

The limited building can stack unlike pots and tavern - I agree it's too hard to obtain for the value it provides - but perhaps some whale on a new city will gobble up a few hundred of em to be able to fight all day in GBG one day since unlike pots + tavern, these towers stack with each other. The duration does need to be short because of the power it provides - it needs to be unrealistic to stockpile and maintain that state.
I'm not even sure how any of this was was supposed to support anyone having supply buildings in FOE of 2022. Why defend something that is useless? Why make it a player torture for no reason other than it was useful in the days of old? FOE should move on and realize that this isn't what players are doing anymore and treat the tasks accordingly - or allow people to swap them. Supply buildings/tasks are like the model t's - time to move over for a tesla.

Isn't the limited building just one per world, unless inno plan to rerelease them? It just seems like not much for a limited time - if it were permanent then that's a different matter and might be worth spending all of those diamonds to get as a premium item.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not even sure how any of this was was supposed to support anyone having supply buildings in FOE of 2022. Why defend something that is useless? Why make it a player torture for no reason other than it was useful in the days of old? FOE should move on and realize that this isn't what players are doing anymore and treat the tasks accordingly - or allow people to swap them. Supply buildings/tasks are like the model t's - time to move over for a tesla.

Isn't the limited building just one per world, unless inno plan to rerelease them? It just seems like not much for a limited time - if it were permanent then that's a different matter and might be worth spending all of those diamonds to get as a premium item.
Because a game needs challenges. You want to complete the events. You need production buildings to finish the events, but otherwise would like to have less of them so you can use the space on something else. Various tools are provided (basic buildings, various event buildings, rushes, etc) for you to decide what's best for you to meet your goals at a minimum cost to your other goals. Many different strategies are possible depending on the desires of the player. This is basic city building gameplay - something that they've lost in many respects by event-a-palooza, but it'd be nice if they didn't lose what they still have for it.

The limited-time 1x1 attack building was also available as fragments for a daily special (5-7 specials per 1 extra tower) - it is not 1 per world, but it is expensive. And depletable.

kawada

Marquis
Never saw the Asylum as a daily or switch.

the Asylum was not a main daily reward, it was available as alternate special only. Based on FoE wiki, there were 19 different alternate specials for 21 days of the event. My feeling is also that I would have the same reward for switch more than once

anyway, it seems like both the Asylum and HoH were available for switch. but it seems like you’re supposed to switch reward every single day to see all possible options. And if the original daily reward was decent and you didn’t switch, you might never see some alternate specials.

I’m wondering if there’s an assigned probability for alternate rewards

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
the Asylum was not a main daily reward, it was available as alternate special only. Based on FoE wiki, there were 19 different alternate specials for 21 days of the event. My feeling is also that I would have the same reward for switch more than once

anyway, it seems like both the Asylum and HoH were available for switch. but it seems like you’re supposed to switch reward every single day to see all possible options. And if the original daily reward was decent and you didn’t switch, you might never see some alternate specials.

I’m wondering if there’s an assigned probability for alternate rewards
Since they seemed to have messed up specials at the start of the event it's possible Asylum was supposed to show up only once and its day was before they fixed it - and then didn't show up at all for us on beta because of it. It would be odd (and a first) if a prize was "swap only" intentionally.

Beta King

Viceroy
Ugh. I know this is gonna be an unpopular Opinion, but for a game that even advertises itself with ‚chose if you wanna be a fighter OR a Trader‘, it is forcing people way to much into the Fighting section in my Opinion. Especially lately.

It started with the new GbG Map - The Max level of the Great Elephant even got announced with ‚chose between fighting, guild support and trading‘ - yet every Max Level Variant had fighting Bonus and none of them had any bonuses that would’ve been strong for Traders.

And it continues throughout the Events this year, with literally every Main Building providing Major army boosts, while like half of the buildings since Winter Event doesn’t even give goods at all.

Please either make the game more suitable for Traders again, for example by giving an actual choice between Fighting and Production on the Max level variants of the event buildings, or stop advertising it as an Option.
No need to worry the game will be coming back toward the farming/trading side if they make a hard stop on fighting with the planned nerf, stand by.

Beta King

Viceroy
Only a 3% increase is great. Most event buildings are much worse in lower ages, but because of this change it's actually really good in lower ages. Sure, 22% isn't the best in SAJM, but it's not too bad either, still around 1% per tile and the other rewards are nice. I'd like to see more balancing geared towards developing cities :)
The problem is if you start making the power closer for the lower ages as the high then i bet more people will camp in lower ages and be overpowered for the size of their city with no reason to move up, then you start running into maxing out the attrition with ease and getting unlimited fights again post nerf which @jovada cant stand.

Beta King

Viceroy
Thoughts about those limited buildings...
Inno should think about the standard value for an existing building.
There are whole bunch of buidings giving 1FP/2tiles or 1%attack/1tile.
Adding another such building as a premier option, never change any balance.

Instead of the actual values, it could have gone like this...
Haunted Tree: 2x2, 20FP until 5 collections, and then 2FP after it is expired.
Daunting Tower: 1x1, 20% attack for 24 hours, and then 1% attack after it is expired.

It wouldn't make any real change, but the feeling about it would be different.
In a game where they would like you to play for years making building that expire and become useless in days makes no sense so i agree with you make them viable after they expire.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Because a game needs challenges. You want to complete the events. You need production buildings to finish the events, but otherwise would like to have less of them so you can use the space on something else.
Yeah, by the time you've developed the city enough to completely eliminate production buildings from your city you've also eliminated the need to complete Events in general.

In a game where they would like you to play for years making building that expire and become useless in days makes no sense so i agree with you make them viable after they expire.
Agreed. It needs something longterm, or at least long-er term. Even 1 month on the 20% would be better than a day. Not sure I'd buy it for only 1 month, but it'd make a lot more sense

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yeah, by the time you've developed the city enough to completely eliminate production buildings from your city you've also eliminated the need to complete Events in general.

Agreed. It needs something longterm, or at least long-er term. Even 1 month on the 20% would be better than a day. Not sure I'd buy it for only 1 month, but it'd make a lot more sense
1 month on 20% would be too strong still imo since it's still massively toying with the space-boost relationship (for which even 2% would be a new best in slot). Might make a rotating P2W attack boost a little too thinkable. Maybe 1 week.

Mostly I think the complaints about it would be best addressed if the expired version had 1% boost - at which point it's not best-in-slot efficiency, but there isn't an attack-for-attacking army 1x1 yet so it could be used to fill slots if the player wants.

jovada

Regent
The problem is if you start making the power closer for the lower ages as the high then i bet more people will camp in lower ages and be overpowered for the size of their city with no reason to move up, then you start running into maxing out the attrition with ease and getting unlimited fights again post nerf which @jovada cant stand.
Declaiming idiocy as usual.

It's not maxing out the attrition that give you the free fights, maxing out attrition gives you the chance to do more fights. This has nothing to do with abusing the 0% attrition with 5 camps.

Beta King

Viceroy
Declaiming idiocy as usual.

It's not maxing out the attrition that give you the free fights, maxing out attrition gives you the chance to do more fights. This has nothing to do with abusing the 0% attrition with 5 camps.
Allow me to rephrase not attrition free fights it would change to "unlimited fights" for easy candies that you would then have a problem with.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Really appreciate the changes to the DT, particularly the removal of fragments. Makes it an interesting option for an insane, but very temporary, attack boost. With the daily special chance changes, you could get quite a few, possibly 15-20 of them. That's an instant +750-1000% attack boost for a day, which can be a really cool tactical choice. I think the two main areas were it can be good are in GBG to possibly go past max attrition for 2 days (before / after reset within 24h), or to rush through sections of the continent map that you otherwise can't fight through with your boosts (for example higher age maps). Using diamonds to scout, particularly the highest maps, doesn't actually cost a lot of diamonds considering what you get back :)

Ironrooster

Baronet
Final Changes

I like these.
Especially the Daunting Tower changes, the 50% and no fragments is the way to go.

The other changes sound good although there are no specifics.

Side question - What happens with the Daunting Tower fragments we already have? I'm okay if they're orphans, I just would like to know.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A bit late for this event, but for the next event of this type I think it would be better to move the tool selection to the right side of the minigame window. Most of the time you use tools on the right side of the board, so if the tools are on that side you don't have to move your mouse / drag tools as far.

E8t1K61.png

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
A bit late for this event, but for the next event of this type I think it would be better to move the tool selection to the right side of the minigame window. Most of the time you use tools on the right side of the board, so if the tools are on that side you don't have to move your mouse / drag tools as far.

E8t1K61.png
jupp, that would be much appreciated... but I requested that already at least twice over the last years...

ArklurBeta

Baronet
A bit late for this event, but for the next event of this type I think it would be better to move the tool selection to the right side of the minigame window...

Think @Juber once said that the reason it might not implemented that way is that you are working to the right from the left, and...would be somewhat "weird" that the tools would "block" that path...if I phrased this right.

Otherwise, I fully agree that it would be (much) more convenient. Maybe even add keyboard shortcuts to the tools, though that would be only a PC thing, so...

kawada

Marquis

E8t1K61.png

Sure, that is also feedback we forward every time. But it is also more "logical" to have them on the left, because you are advancing through a scary tent. You are on the left and have to use the tools to advance.
One solution could be to already advance, when you are 3 or 4 tiles away from the right border and not only when you reached it. This would also make the orb more valuable for example ^^