• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Hall of Fame Issue and Rebalancing Announcement

NormaJeane

Viceroy
LoL NormaJean! There was no way NOT to "take advantage of it" if someone acquired the silly thing, either intentionally (because one wanted the power it legitimately gives) or by chance (through the chest).

I actually missed the whole discussion of it here, because I'm not involved in GvG on beta and don't even know the difference between "prestige" and "power". But if you say it's cheating to have HoFs on the live servers: Just tell me where to turn them in for a refund and I certainly shall.

For a refund, though - it's not my fault they released it in that state and charged 4000 trophies for it.

GRINZZZZ: Of course you are right Mink, it certainly is not cheating to take advantage of new abilities, even when they are 'flawed' :p and therefore need to be changed/corrected/remodelled.

I admit that when typing my reply as you quote it my hands were filled with irony and also a touch of sarcasm seeped through :rolleyes: after reading these statements:

This is fraud. We (those who paid real money for the Halls of Fame) made our decision out of current HoF work. Developers knew exactly from Beta how HoF work and notwithstanding the fact they knew it they implemented HoF in current figures and current manner of its influence intentionally to mislead those players who can donate real money to buy HoFs because of their characteristics. Thus changing their parameters and influence after collecting our money is fraud and enough for civil suit. Please note this before making any changes in HoF.

PS. Please note that we have already started legal advice on the matter.

Only those who did not pay real money to Ino complained. Others were fooled and it's surely fraud.

I guess I'm only human too :D

P.S.
I would like to add one thing: some seem to think that it should be very easy to correct the Hall of Fame issue, as if resetting some numbers should do the trick... if that were true it could have been hotfixed. Alas, HoF is currently interrelated with GvG as well as Guild Ranking which makes the job somewhat more complicated :p Moving up the date for releasing HoF was probably not a real option, since HoF is part of the FoE Soccer Event which in turn is related to the current FIFA World Cup.

Just my two cents ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1264

Needing time to fix it is one thing. If that's the problem and if they had announced it properly before offering it for 4000 trophies to unsuspecting players who bought it in good faith, that would be understandable. But that's not what they did.

Whoever decided to put the flawed HoF on s a l e in the first days of the event and to announce the nerfing only later is the one who made a really bad move. Refunds of trophies/diamonds used to purchase them prior to their being "rebalanced" are in order, if players are supposed to be able to trust the company at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Needing time to fix it is one thing. If that's the problem and they announced it properly before offering it for 4000 trophies to unsuspecting players who bought it in good faith that would be understandable. But that's not what they did.

Whoever decided to put the flawed HoF on s a l e in the first days of the event and to announce the nerfing only later is the one who made a really bad move. Refunds of trophies/diamonds used to purchase them prior to their being "rebalanced" are in order, if players are supposed to be able to trust the company at all.

You have a valid point there... imho InnoGames is still a relatively young company suffering from some of the growing pains that come with rapid company development. More communication is - and will certainly become more - essential and as I see it, this is being recognized by InnoGames when taking a look at their Marketing & PR job vacancies ;)

Hmzz, and now being really humble... I guess better & faster communication with players is one of the reasons why e.g. Byeordie and I were 'recruited' as well as many other extra volunteers on other servers. It is not that as volunteers we may or can provide complete answers sooner to no doubt lots of questions, but at least we will try to keep track and give some kind of response, even if sometimes we only can tell you that we will investigate but do not know the answer YET...

P.S. The above I have said from my personal view and as someone who has a lot of experience with many relatively new and starting companies that suddenly grow (too) fast... also with too slow growing companies, alas... :eek:

Last edited:

DeletedUser4040

@NormaJeane & mink
- Conversations, discussions and arguments between two people should be done in private. Please use the private message system in this forum or other applications (e.g. IRC, skype, ...)
from here

==============
now this issue is fix and i'm glad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1264

@NormaJeane & mink
from here
==============
now this issue is fix and i'm glad.

LoL! The discussion is about an issue that affects anyone who owns a HoF, and it is not "fixed", unless you can direct me to the announcement of the procedure for refunds for players who were misled into shelling out 4000 trophies for one without being informed it would be nerfed.

DeletedUser

*sigh* lots of posts in this thread, but anywho, my quick take on this: Prestige, if I understand how it works correctly, shoudl stay with normal GvG activities - HoF Breaks GvG enough already, the ppl that spend thousands of goods to have good stats in the actual GvG map should at least get some recognition in the Prestige thing. Otherwise they would not have reason to bother, all they'd need is a couple of HoFs per city and they'd be done.

my 2 cents.

OSX MAC

Steward
I admit that when typing my reply as you quote it my hands were filled with irony and also a touch of sarcasm seeped through :rolleyes: after reading these statements:
I guess I'm only human too :D

If you are really human so I would like to see your "sarcasm and irony" when you'll spend 250 euro for something that later will be nerfed -35% from announced value fooled by a seller. Go ahead. You are laughing only because you have not been defrauded. I was never using any bugs/cheating/hacking/multi accounting or other errors/bugs in the game. I was just bona fide purchaser of the offered and properly tested commodity lately fooled by the seller.
And again - I totally agree that HoF should not give prestige but only power. Once again - I have bought HoFs for their value of 170 power in PME not prestige. And nerfing -35% of its power without any 35% refund is fraud.

When HoF nerf will go to live servers I would like to claim back 90 euro or its equivalent in diamonds. So now go ahead with your sarcasm and irony but at the same time advice devs to recalculate their June, 2014 P&L statements with -35% of income.

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
just cancel your payment, even with CC should be possible, maybe they deactivate your account, but you get your money back

DeletedUser

If you are really human so I would like to see your "sarcasm and irony" when you'll spend 250 euro for something that later will be nerfed -35% from announced value fooled by a seller. Go ahead. You are laughing only because you have not been defrauded. I was never using any bugs/cheating/hacking/multi accounting or other errors/bugs in the game. I was just bona fide purchaser of the offered and properly tested commodity lately fooled by the seller.
And again - I totally agree that HoF should not give prestige but only power. Once again - I have bought HoFs for their value of 170 power in PME not prestige. And nerfing -35% of its power without any 35% refund is fraud.

When HoF nerf will go to live servers I would like to claim back 90 euro or its equivalent in diamonds. So now go ahead with your sarcasm and irony but at the same time advice devs to recalculate their June, 2014 P&L statements with -35% of income.

6.2 All games offered by InnoGames are revised and updated at InnoGames' discretion so as to keep them attractive for the largest possible circle of users.

That is a direct line from the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined the game. As such you agreed that inno can pretty much do whatever they want to their game. Therefore no fraud was committed. The hof still gives a decent amount of power and that doesn't satisfy you then I guess you have to eat your loss.

DeletedUser

is not the first one where you didn't get something back

you lost 40% of your attacking bonus
you lost 100% of your current age goods from your GBs since the modern era

Deal Castle gave 196 medals at level 10 when I bought it

so not the first time and sure not the last time that something you paid for is nerfed where you don't get back your money

OSX MAC

Steward
6.2 All games offered by InnoGames are revised and updated at InnoGames' discretion so as to keep them attractive for the largest possible circle of users.

That is a direct line from the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined the game. As such you agreed that inno can pretty much do whatever they want to their game. Therefore no fraud was committed. The hof still gives a decent amount of power and that doesn't satisfy you then I guess you have to eat your loss.

14.1 In principle, any liability on the part of InnoGames is excluded and only takes place under the following conditions:

InnoGames is liable for claims for damages and replacement of futile expenses ("claims for damages") due to an infringement of contractual or extra-contractual obligations only

• for wilful intent or gross negligence,

That is also a direct line from the terms and conditions I agreed to when I joined the game.

OSX MAC

Steward
is not the first one where you didn't get something back

you lost 40% of your attacking bonus
you lost 100% of your current age goods from your GBs since the modern era

Deal Castle gave 196 medals at level 10 when I bought it

so not the first time and sure not the last time that something you paid for is nerfed where you don't get back your money

I did not pay for the BluePrints/Goods for GBs :) So there are no losses in this nerf )) just a bit disappointment ))

DeletedUser

Prove willful intent and gross negligence on their part. They are simply altering a building which they are entitled to. Just because you feel one way about it doesn't mean they committed any offense and owe you a refund of any kind. Keep in mind you paid money for diamonds, which you got, diamonds for cups, again which you got, and cups for hof, which you obviously got. Contractually you got what you paid for you. Beyond that alterations fall under innos discretion.

OSX MAC

Steward
Prove willful intent and gross negligence on their part. They are simply altering a building which they are entitled to. Just because you feel one way about it doesn't mean they committed any offense and owe you a refund of any kind. Keep in mind you paid money for diamonds, which you got, diamonds for cups, again which you got, and cups for hof, which you obviously got. Contractually you got what you paid for you. Beyond that alterations fall under innos discretion.

Easy. They tested HoF here on Beta and knew how they work and how much power they bring (not prestige!). After that they implemented them on live servers knowing exactly how they work + that in first 2-3 days of event nobody will have too much cups except those who will pay real money for diamonds to convert them into cups and buy HoFs. They waited for this 1-2 days and after collecting as much money as they expect they immediately announced the nerf of HoF.
I wonder why are you keep arguing while surely understand this scheme.

DeletedUser

Easy. They tested HoF here on Beta and knew how they work and how much power they bring (not prestige!). After that they implemented them on live servers knowing exactly how they work + that in first 2-3 days of event nobody will have too much cups except those who will pay real money for diamonds to convert them into cups and buy HoFs. They waited for this 1-2 days and after collecting as much money as they expect they immediately announced the nerf of HoF.
I wonder why are you keep arguing while surely understand this scheme.

I am arguing because your argument is based off assumed notions. You have no proof that anything they have done is malicious or intended. You are mad because you bought an overpowered building and they nerfed it. Just because it wasn't fixed by release and they didnt instantly announce it doesn't justify your claim. Also half the community, some paying players, asked for the nerf so obviously not everyone shares your feelings on the issue.

DeletedUser5096

Can we recieve 1000 cups as a compensation of rebalancing of Hall of Fames?

DeletedUser

I am arguing because your argument is based off assumed notions. You have no proof that anything they have done is malicious or intended. You are mad because you bought an overpowered building and they nerfed it. Just because it wasn't fixed by release and they didnt instantly announce it doesn't justify your claim. Also half the community, some paying players, asked for the nerf so obviously not everyone shares your feelings on the issue.

There are to different things i think everybody agrees with the change, but point here is wether or not players should get a refund and thats something different than agreeing with the change.

Its obvious a lot of money has been earned by inno due to this bug, so why nof a refund???

DeletedUser

There are to different things i think everybody agrees with the change, but point here is wether or not players should get a refund and thats something different than agreeing with the change.

Its obvious a lot of money has been earned by inno due to this bug, so why nof a refund???

Same reason no refund for gb nerf or any other "wrong" that inno has committed. You agreed to let them change what they want. So they do not owe anyone any refund. Proving they did something legitimately wrong is near impossible. Making a ton of money doesnt change the fact that they most likely wont compensate anyone.