• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Hall of Fame Issue and Rebalancing Announcement

RedRed

Viceroy
Anyways, when not talking about the Beta server I suggest that anyone having a problem on their live server contacts their local support.
The Beta-support-team can only handle Beta issues...
Agreed. However to move the discussion on the Beta server, there is something broken somewhere; prestige production was a known fact since the end of May (official thread, what exactly does hall of fame do), but has reached the live servers. The question is: why? If the problem was known from developpers before the live relase, they could remove the prize and maybe add it on the fly as random reward with a minor update without announcements, or as reward for a bonus mission.

Errors may happen, rebalancing it's not a crime (I understand that the set-up it's easier when parameters' effects are pushed up by many players and after a while) but people doesn't understand how this is possible so often, and what is a bug (something that produces a violation of the rules), something by design to fit obscure "coming-soon" features (I remember alcatraz before GVGs), or an error (a blunder?) in the logic; obviously someone may take advantages from these ambiguities.

A heavy rebalancing after few days on something that can be be purchased is not easy to understand, especially with these modalities: the announcement was made on the en forum, then here and is not yet available on the other servers (and you can't write it on the forum, because breaks a forum rule). For something that involves real money I'm expecting a quick in-game announcement over all servers, to reach every user as fast as possible, and as written by mink, a partial refund (sending a request to the support, a voucher or some cups).

Last edited:

OSX MAC

Steward
I'm not objecting to the company fixing the oversight with the prestige. I'm objecting to the reduction in the amount of power, and I agree that the company should offer to return cups/diamonds to anyone who decides that these things are no longer worth the space they occupy.

I do read the fora and on Monday on en we were assured by an Innogames staffmember (not a mod - I know the difference!) that "the balancing issues were fixed on beta". Why shouldn't I trust that statement?

Then on Tuesday they announce a nerf. Fine. I'm waiting for the announcement of a refund of the diamonds spent on now unwanted HoFs - or at least the cups! - which can only be spent on some other in-game feature. So it would cost the company nothing but some effort, and would do wonders for bolstering the players' trust and good will.

Exactly! That's what I meant. If they nerf HoF minus 30% so the MUST give us an option either return HoF and total refund us real money spent to buy diamonds to buy cups to buy HOFs or 30% refund in case we agree to keep it in our cities after -30% nerfing. But they still do not offer this options and keep silence.

DeletedUser

You spent money on diamonds. Choosing to spend diamonds on cups for items, regardless the reason was your choice. Everyone knew the HoF was an issue and should have expected changes to it. Lick your wounds and move on. Inno won't give anything back because if that was the case they would have done it for several reasons in the past.

OSX MAC

Steward
You spent money on diamonds. Choosing to spend diamonds on cups for items, regardless the reason was your choice. Everyone knew the HoF was an issue and should have expected changes to it. Lick your wounds and move on. Inno won't give anything back because if that was the case they would have done it for several reasons in the past.

Yes, man you are right. It was my choice and private decision. But you should agree that this decision was done out of current HoF stats and functionality. They showed a candy to push this decision with rotten stuff inside after unpacking it. So like you've returned from the market with one item purchased from this year collection clothes and found out that they packed last year second hand )))

DeletedUser

Sadly it is what it is. Even with the nerf a CA hof will give 70 power motivated. That's not useless. I get the anger but compared to some changes(gbs) this isn't that bad imo.

DeletedUser

To me - as a player - it seems that you are one of the players trying to take advantage of a "game flaw on this beta server" on one of your live worlds. Please remember the sole reason why this beta world is in existance.

To me it seems that YOU are the one that has been fraudulent IF you took advantage of this in your live worlds, while being aware of the comments on this beta-forum about this issue!

To me also a player its obvious that innogames themselves take advantage off this error. As they have tested it on the beta theirselves with a special guild. And afterwards decided to release it on the live servers anyway. Where people try new buildings based on the effect they have. Now claiming that players taking advantage of this error is a bit turning things around. They are the ones paying money for new features in so who's taking advantage then. You just change it back without any compensation.

Personally I also check how buildings work in practice and had no reason to think that this was an error. After all inno games has made more changes to the game which make no sence. Like the downgrading of Great buildings and the cooldown time for hopping.

Now finally we get compensation for the downgrading of buildings with the voucher, however we need to have a full bp set for upgrading above lvl 10. Again away to earn money from players? It seems inno is all about earning money nowadays one way or another/ fair or unfair.

When innogames claims that the halls of fame are put on the life servers whith wrong prestige reward they should also take resposibility for that. And don't accuse players of fraud. After all we are al customers and apparantly this is the way you treat them???

DeletedUser

Recently an announcement has been made available on the fora of all live servers about the future change with regard to the Hall of Fame + an explanation on how this will affect the game e.g. the Guild stats.

As I recall the Hall of Fame 'unfair prestige effect for guilds' received lots of negative criticism on the Beta Server AND this criticism was taken seriously by the devs, as they do in all cases btw... and now some are complaining that changes will be made to something that most players felt to be not fair?

I would suggest that some players give the devs of FoE a bit more credit :rolleyes:

Thats nice for the first time you claim that you listen to the players. cause of negative critism. However first you put it on the live servers and based on complaints there you suddenly take it seriously. Not based on the critism on the beta otherwise the most logical step would be to correct it before it goes live.

And aint it unfair towards the players who payed lot's of money to get the hall of fame as it was and suddenly you announce changes to it without compensation???

Or are you the kind of person who would not be bothered if you thought to have bought a BMW but get a mini instead for the same money?????

DeletedUser

The bait and switch argument is the wrong approach. Your getting what you paid for but at a lesser strength. Play games long enough and you know balancing and rebalancing exist. Imagine playing subscription games where they continuously change everything in the game. People use the diamond purchasing as a copout because they dont get it their way. Life is not fair so live with what you have or stop playing the game. As i said earlier people only give inno money for diamonds. Beyond that what you use those diamonds for is your choice. Like it or leave it.

DeletedUser

P.S. Personally I'm totally baffled about the reactions on the future HoF value... I would have thought an applause was in order for the devs trying to set this straight as so many players thought the inititial HoF values unfair...

Applause will be in order when the devs actually think something through in design, and if there are issues when they fix them before they go live. With gvg we know the devs completely ignored many (almost all) problems we made them aware of for over 4 months to try to fix only later after gvg went live.

king leorix

Squire
Excuse my language, but this is horse..... .... They new about this bug, before they implemented the HoF on live servers..the implemented on live servers, they use this and let the players to buy HoF whit real money...and changed after..this was lame thing to do ...

DeletedUser4040

Excuse my language, but this is horse..... .... They new about this bug, before they implemented the HoF on live servers..the implemented on live servers, they use this and let the players to buy HoF whit real money...and changed after..this was lame thing to do ...
is just Marketing Strategy , ma' friend

DeletedUser5400

is just Marketing Strategy , ma' friend

A market strategy that will cost you loyal players on the long run. It seems like Innogames is using FoE as a milking cow according to their recent updates, which is not pleasing me AT ALL.

HuscarlTW

Squire
A market strategy that will cost you loyal players on the long run. It seems like Innogames is using FoE as a milking cow according to their recent updates, which is not pleasing me AT ALL.

People have been saying this again and again for the last 6 months. First Modern Era, then GB nerfs, then GvG, now this.

1) This DOES cause people to quit (or stop buying diamonds).
2) New people start playing, and replace those who quit. Guess what? Inno doesn't care if you quit. A new sucker will come to replace you.

DeletedUser4040

People have been saying this again and again for the last 6 months. First Modern Era, then GB nerfs, then GvG, now this.

1) This DOES cause people to quit (or stop buying diamonds).
2) New people start playing, and replace those who quit. Guess what? Inno doesn't care if you quit. A new sucker will come to replace you.

true, this is like life, one quit his life and die another was born.

DeletedUser

The bait and switch argument is the wrong approach. Your getting what you paid for but at a lesser strength. Play games long enough and you know balancing and rebalancing exist. Imagine playing subscription games where they continuously change everything in the game. People use the diamond purchasing as a copout because they dont get it their way. Life is not fair so live with what you have or stop playing the game. As i said earlier people only give inno money for diamonds. Beyond that what you use those diamonds for is your choice. Like it or leave it.

Of coarse balancing exists in games. However for this game we have a beta server to test things to avoid that we get bugs on live servers and rebalancing is required. In this particular case the bug was known by inno games before they put it on the live servers. The players who were NOT aware of this bug sometimes used diamonds based on the effect of the hall of fame gave. In others words inno took advange of this bug to earn money in the first place, to announce a rebalance after loads of complaints shortly after this update came to the live servers.

Its easy to state your comment right here about players spending diamonds. And i think your point of vieuw about spending diamons is clear. However you should realize that paying players also make it possible that new updates are developed.

But i gues your also the kind of person who would not be bothered if you get less for what you paid for in real life.

DeletedUser

This guild was indeed a test guild for evaluating prestige ;)

By the way this is a quote from one of the mods on the beta. So for sure they would have known bout the hall of fame bug before it was released on the live servers.

DeletedUser

Of coarse balancing exists in games. However for this game we have a beta server to test things to avoid that we get bugs on live servers and rebalancing is required. In this particular case the bug was known by inno games before they put it on the live servers. The players who were NOT aware of this bug sometimes used diamonds based on the effect of the hall of fame gave. In others words inno took advange of this bug to earn money in the first place, to announce a rebalance after loads of complaints shortly after this update came to the live servers.

Its easy to state your comment right here about players spending diamonds. And i think your point of vieuw about spending diamons is clear. However you should realize that paying players also make it possible that new updates are developed.

But i gues your also the kind of person who would not be bothered if you get less for what you paid for in real life.

Ever consider the fact that they didnt have it worked out before it went live? Gvg on launch had a lot of bugs they didn't announce then fixed after it went live. And this isn't real life and people did get what you paid for, diamonds.

conqueror9

Regent

Its easy to state your comment right here about players spending diamonds. And i think your point of view about spending diamons is clear. However you should realize that paying players also make it possible that new updates are developed.

Beta world is not GOD, it cannot eliminate all bug
Even u report it in beta world, it is the 1st wave of bug
There is no RE_RUN, so u even cannot detect the 2nd wave of bug

in fact, some of bug are corrected in Live-server in previosu events

This SoccerEvent has a dead line to completed...i think it is tie-with real world date of World Cup
I even post a thread asking the exact date to start this soccer event in game server
The game need to be fair with those who do not spend diamond to shot
Becos game developer give us diamond, therefore, we have completed it ahead
In reality, we do spend diamond to complete and spot some bug and report some bugs
I still, in doubt, whether those who do not spend diamond , in game server, to complete all the quest lines
some quests does take time to complete
There is no doubt that soccer event when online in live server, in fact, I think it is a little bit late
Even in beta server, I believe, if u do not spend diamond, u are still running questlines

Regarding Hall of Fame
I read the building, it only declare it give guild power, it never say it give guild prestige
it is only those clever players who do the calculation and know it add guild prestige
It is a mistake that game developer over-look
The matter is already report in beta forum, game developer is studying it

EVERY 1 KNOW IT, game developer may correct that MISTAKE by REMOVING THOSE GUILD PRESTIGE as HoF is worngly place in guild prestige calcualtion

some 1 already saying HoF over-provided Guild power, game developer is also studying it

Just Like the 125 cup to buy medal, some 1 report some player get millions of medals due to this item. Game developer study it and find it is serious and even reduce it twice.....until player feel it may be a good figures...the reduction is stop..GOD KNOWS..whether game developer may do another reduction...

If u do not play in beta , when soccer event is release in live world , u buy diamond due to it' s guild power, u may have your point to argue of refund of diamond

If u play on beta world, u should aware there is a lot of feedback on
victory tower <-- raise medal amount, under studying
125 cup to buy medals <-- reduce medal amount, under studying
Hall of Fame <-- under studying

u should fully aware
game developer has closely monitoring and watch them
they may subject to adjustment
spending a lot of $$$ to get diamond to buy a lot of HoF with the background that "game developer is looking at it", it is purely a risk taking only
placing a lot of them in your city , it look like u are raping the guild prestige / guild power system only

I am not standing on the side of game developer
this is a beta forum
u read beta forum
u know HoF has problem
u should fully aware game developer may or may not take action after studying
u still go ahead ...over-react in game server...and now
blame game developer when game developer conclude a action is necessary by adjusting guild power and remove HoF from prestige calculation.

Personally
I hope the game should be play fair to each other, u have $$$, u can take some more advantage...but do not turn balance up-side-down

sorry to bother /upset u all

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
they changed the medal reward twice, and the last one was less than 24 h, when the soccer event went live, so i dont think it was hard to change the numbers on this HoF
i havent bought any diamonds, (and never will), but i understand the ppls which did
but the reaction time from reporting to a change was a way too long, not acceptable
medal reward was possible but not HoF, i dont believe that

DeletedUser1264

To me it seems that YOU are the one that has been fraudulent IF you took advantage of this in your live worlds, while being aware of the comments on this beta-forum about this issue!

LoL NormaJean! There was no way NOT to "take advantage of it" if someone acquired the silly thing, either intentionally (because one wanted the power it legitimately gives) or by chance (through the chest).

I actually missed the whole discussion of it here, because I'm not involved in GvG on beta and don't even know the difference between "prestige" and "power". But if you say it's cheating to have HoFs on the live servers: Just tell me where to turn them in for a refund and I certainly shall.

For a refund, though - it's not my fault they released it in that state and charged 4000 trophies for it.