• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Hall of Fame Issue and Rebalancing Announcement

conqueror9

Regent
"Hall of Fame Issue and Rebalancing Announcement

Dear Players,

Currently Hall of Fame (a FoE Soccer Cup building) is contributing to both Power and Prestige. This is not indented behavior . HoF should only increase Power (and thus help leveling up your guild), as Prestige is meant to reflect your activity in GvG, not the number of HoFs in guild members’ cities. Guilds are ranked by Prestige, not by their level, therefore the problem is currently influencing guilds’ ranking. This will be changed in one of the upcoming updates (1.29 or 1.30).
On the first day after the update day, guilds will lose all the Prestige provided by HoFs and the daily ranking will be back in its normal state."

MY POOR BAD ENGLISH

i do not understand
"On the first day after the update day, guilds will lose all the Prestige provided by HoFs and the daily ranking will be back in its normal state"

What does it exactly mean ?
I suppose it means

Case I
Day 0, your HoF give A power and B prestige...your guild power is C and your guild prestige is D

day 1 of new update
your HoF give E power ( E is less than A ) and 0 prestige
suppose it is your HoF affect your guild
then your guild new power become ( C + E) and your Guild prestige is still D

Case II
all prestige gain by HoF from day 1 of soccer event in beta event are all reset to 0 < do not know why they do it >

Case III
all prestige are reset to 0, all guild re-start in prestige ranking

Which of the above Case describe that sentences ?
if not, please explain :(:(

It is my understanding
HoF add guild power
Reaching a defeined "Guild power", guild level will raise
when guild level raised, it alter daily added prestige due to guild level ( this daily prestige is altered upwards, higher level , higher prestige )
so HoF will always add prestige due to adding guild power
and
guild ranking is measured by total prestige of a guild , it do not measured by "daily added prestige", why that power affect guild ranking ??

P.s. HoF say it add guild power, it never say it add prestige. Game developer , even, do not need annouce that amendment becos it is internal software error of adding guild prestige.
If it say it add guild power and add guild prestige, then game developer need to make that annoucement.

anyway, i am expecting a 500 diamond ( per update ) when they do update 1.29 and 1.30......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

I will try to give another explanation:

Before Update 1.29/1.30
Power - Gained from collecting/plundering Halls of Fame (with a PME one giving about 170/340 a day) and holding onto sectors on the GvG map
Prestige - Calculated from total power gained per day plus bonus prestige from guild level

After Update 1.29/1.30
Power - Gained from collecting/plundering Halls of Fame (with a PME one giving about 110/220 a day) and holding onto sectors on the GvG map
Prestige - Calculated from power gained per day only from sectors on the GvG map plus bonus prestige from guild level

Last edited by a moderator:

OSX MAC

Steward
This is fraud. We (those who paid real money for the Halls of Fame) made our decision out of current HoF work. Developers knew exactly from Beta how HoF work and notwithstanding the fact they knew it they implemented HoF in current figures and current manner of its influence intentionally to mislead those players who can donate real money to buy HoFs because of their characteristics. Thus changing their parameters and influence after collecting our money is fraud and enough for civil suit. Please note this before making any changes in HoF.

PS. Please note that we have already started legal advice on the matter.

Last edited:

conqueror9

Regent
I will try to give another explanation:

Before Update 1.29/1.30
Power - Gained from collecting/plundering Halls of Fame (with a PME one giving about 170/340 a day) and holding onto sectors on the GvG map
Prestige - Calculated from total power gained per day plus bonus prestige from guild level

After Update 1.29/1.30
Power - Gained from collecting/plundering Halls of Fame (with a PME one giving about 110/220 a day) and holding onto sectors on the GvG map
Prestige - Calculated from power gained per day only from sectors on the GvG map plus bonus prestige from guild level

can i suggested
delete "Prestige - Calculated from power gained per day only from sectors on the GvG map"
capture a sector, grant your guild power, do not add any prestige
then everything will be simple
Do not complex the things
SIMPLE IS GOOD
cap sector --> get guild power --> raise guild level --> raise daily "add guild prestige"
delete
cap sector --> add guild prestige

DeletedUser

This is fraud. We (those who paid real money for the Halls of Fame) made our decision out of current HoF work. Developers knew exactly from Beta how HoF work and notwithstanding the fact they knew it they implemented HoF in current figures and current manner of its influence intentionally to mislead those players who can donate real money to buy HoFs because of their characteristics. Thus changing their parameters and influence after collecting our money is fraud and enough for civil suit. Please note this before making any changes in HoF.

I have to agree with this. The soccer event was out really early here on Beta and there was loads of time to "discover" this issue, so it feels a bit strange that they suddenly just found out that the HoF doesn't work as it should. I spent 4000 cups to get one, but that decision was made from the stats it had then, with this nerf I don't know if I'd even get one.

We can all make mistakes, and if InnoGames really "missed" this issue, I really expect them to offer players the ability to "return" their HoFs and get the 4000 cups back if they don't want it anymore.

OSX MAC

Steward
We can all make mistakes, and if InnoGames really "missed" this issue, I really expect them to offer players the ability to "return" their HoFs and get the 4000 cups back if they don't want it anymore.

We have players who have bought more than 100 000 cups and spent more than 33 300 diamonds for them just to buy about 23 HoFs because of their characteristics. This cost more than 200 euro. And is only for one player. Others bought from 10 to 15 HoFs. So totally the guild have spent few thousand euro. I suppose this would be enough to claim the losses.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Recently an announcement has been made available on the fora of all live servers about the future change with regard to the Hall of Fame + an explanation on how this will affect the game e.g. the Guild stats.

As I recall the Hall of Fame 'unfair prestige effect for guilds' received lots of negative criticism on the Beta Server AND this criticism was taken seriously by the devs, as they do in all cases btw... and now some are complaining that changes will be made to something that most players felt to be not fair?

I would suggest that some players give the devs of FoE a bit more credit :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OSX MAC

Steward
Only those who did not pay real money to Ino complained. Others were fooled and it's surely fraud.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Only those who did not pay real money to Ino complained. Others were fooled and it's surely fraud.

Are you in all honesty telling me now that those who pay money on Beta or any other servers do not read the fora? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
To me - as a player - it seems that you are one of the players trying to take advantage of a "game flaw on this beta server" on one of your live worlds ;) Please remember the sole reason why this beta world is in existance.

To me it seems that YOU are the one that has been fraudulent IF you took advantage of this in your live worlds, while being aware of the comments on this beta-forum about this issue!

I apologize for the above sentence, I did not really mean this of course, I was responding ironically to previous posts where the change of HoF was being called fraudulent, but alas irony does not show in text :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I absolutely agree that the HoF might have needed a change and I'm not against the change itself. However, what I react to is that the event hasn't even ended yet and they are already going to nerf one of the most expensive buildings. The soccer event was tested here on Beta for about 2 weeks before it got released, and just now suddenly, directly after people have bought them on the main servers, they found out that it needed to get changed. Besides that, they are not just going to remove the prestige, but they are also going to nerf the amount of power.

Sure, they might have missed it, we all are humans and can do wrong... But then I think that they should offer a way for players to return those HoFs and get their cups back. It's really not right to first sell something, and directly after just nerf it without offering any sort of compensation. And this is not the first time, the same thing applies to our military GBs, goods GBs and wishing wells, just to name a few.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
The Hall of Fame nerf can most certainly not be called 'suddenly' PLUS it will still take a while to be implemented.

So yes, all those who wish to take unfair advantage of known issues... go ahead, but please stop complaining about it.

This is Beta remember!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This is the first time we get an official announcement about it :) It surely might have been menioned in some thread(s) somewhere, but I (and propably many others) don't really have the time to read all threads in detail :) Also, I'm not talking about the Beta server (I know that things change here - no problem), but I'm talking about the main servers. HoF was aviable on the main servers before this announcement was made, loads of players bought loads of them becouse of their stats, and now, *after*, this official announcement comes. That itself is not really acceptable (it should be fixed before release), but we should atleast get some sort of refound/compensation, or atleast the ability to return the HoF :)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
This is the first time we get an official announcement about it :) It surely might have been menioned in some thread(s) somewhere, but I (and propably many others) don't really have the time to read all threads in detail :) Also, I'm not talking about the Beta server (I know that things change here - no problem), but I'm talking about the main servers. HoF was aviable on the main servers before this announcement was made, loads of players bought loads of them becouse of their stats, and now, *after*, this official announcement comes. That itself is not really acceptable (it should be fixed before release), but we should atleast get some sort of refound/compensation, or atleast the ability to return the HoF :)

It seems though that many players do have the time to reply here in detail on threads ;)

Anyways, when not talking about the Beta server I suggest that anyone having a problem on their live server contacts their local support.
The Beta-support-team can only handle Beta issues...

P.S. Personally I'm totally baffled about the reactions on the future HoF value... I would have thought an applause was in order for the devs trying to set this straight as so many players thought the inititial HoF values unfair...

Last edited:

conqueror9

Regent
As I mentioned earlier
The prestige calculation is purely game developer issues

Hall of Fame is just give Guild Power only
It does not add guild prestige ( when u put your mouse on it, it show guild power only )
It is purely a mistakes that game developer has added its value to guild prestige
That mistakes, mislead, player that it give guild prestige

Nowaday, game developer find this error < not bug, it is a error ...>

Apart from this
Hall of Fame is recently introduced, it is a "Item under testing"
similarly as "125 cups to buy medals"
Game developer has the right to rectify that error
by "reducing amount of medal that can be bought by 125 cups"
similarly,
game developer has the right to rectify that error
by "remove the HoF has wrongly added prestige to guild prestige"

From the 1st dayI notice a Hall of Fame
I only reconginze it add GUILD POWER from its wording
never know it add guild prestige
I know it allow u to grow guild level, guild level grow "daily guild prestige"
there is no direct adding to guild prestige

It is player who find that error < HoF also add guild prestige >
they treat this error as a "Must" and take the advantage
and
place a lot of comments /response in replying this thread

Hall of Fame is a good item
It helps those guild ( espeically small guild ) who do not have sufficient strength to seigh secot in GvG Map
it give alternative way to increase Guild Power, then Guild Level
It only has 2 minor mistakes
that it wrongly add Guild prestige ... and excess guild power

1. "Adding Guild Prestige" is a never "committment" that made by game developer
therefore, game developer should remove that error

2. excess power, game developer is now reducing the guild power it generated < this is exaclty the same story as "125 cup to buy meda" > to maintain some difficulties of the game

This is beta world
game developer use it to test various function and items and activities

Now, we have make our committement to game developer
1. telling them HoF has wrongly add "Guild Prestige" and generate too many guild power
2. we aso telling them "125 cups to buy medals", amount of medal is too much that it spoil the game ...

p.s.
As i mentioned b4
Guild prestige is meaningless to us apart from guild ranking. Guild ranking is also menaingless to us as it do not provide benefits
Only Guild Level carry "meaning" to us as it affect "amount of bonus" that a guild can have
I have no idea why we arguing about guild prestige < a meaningless number >

OSX MAC

Steward
I was arguing not about guild prestige and rating but about nerf of power generated by HoF. And I was talking not about Beta but live servers. Here are people all over the world from different live servers and sending us to local support is only attempt to split us and shut our mouth one by one.
Do all remember gggggg guild? They did it here and gave them loads of HOFs and knew for sure how it works. They intentionally implemented this on live servers to force players to pay real money for them knowing that after first week they will say Oooppss and nerf it.
The only language devs understand will be collective suit. If someone decide to start claiming losses for the fraud I will surely join the process because we are not just sheeps.

OSX MAC

Steward
PS. You are playing dirty Inno. The most losses you'll have not from our claims but that you'll personally responsible for loss of trust and those who previously paid you absolutely now see your real face and either stop doing it in the future or minimize their premium services.

DeletedUser1264

I'm not objecting to the company fixing the oversight with the prestige. I'm objecting to the reduction in the amount of power, and I agree that the company should offer to return cups/diamonds to anyone who decides that these things are no longer worth the space they occupy.

I do read the fora and on Monday on en we were assured by an Innogames staffmember (not a mod - I know the difference!) that "the balancing issues were fixed on beta". Why shouldn't I trust that statement?

Then on Tuesday they announce a nerf. Fine. I'm waiting for the announcement of a refund of the diamonds spent on now unwanted HoFs - or at least the cups! - which can only be spent on some other in-game feature. So it would cost the company nothing but some effort, and would do wonders for bolstering the players' trust and good will.

Last edited by a moderator: