• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7959

I miss the old GvG (without Arcs) where players built dozens of military buildings to produce units, where the guild was split between farmers/fighters/both... Now it's a one-player playground where you can do sometimes more than the guild with 80 players, where the majority of them do nothing, just passively gather loot from Arcs and one-two players decide everything. No communications, no team-work. You enter once per day, you do very obvious things because of the lack of tactics and you do bedtime, repeat every 24 hours. That's not fun at all.
I hope these changes will return those feelings of really TEAM work. MAKE GVG GREAT AGAIN!

XDragon

Farmer
Changes are really necessary. GvG will become more dynamic and active with an increase in the number of recalculations. Low-active guilds will certainly not be enthusiastic about the changes, since the same players play gvg there day after day. But more active guilds will be happy with such changes, since they can be divided into groups and different players will come to each 4-hour recalculation. It will be honest. Guilds with a large number of fighters must be rewarded. In addition, small guilds will have to withdraw from the tactics to retake sectors, they will have to defend sectors in order to keep them. Good job, keep it up.

Last edited:

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Reduce Point Farming Profitability
To combat farming ranking points with Champions, once a sector is freed, all units that were placed there will be replaced with random, NPC units of the sector's age. In the All Age Map, the units will be replaced with units from the highest age.

This is brilliant guys. This increases the opportunity for point farming considerably. Just think about it. Protection ends after 4 hours. Great, no longer necessary to release sectors. Simply have an arrangement with a friendly guild. 1st reset guild 1 takes a sector and fills with 1 champ & 7 rogues. 4hr wait, guild 2 take the sector and fill with the same. Alternate every 4 hrs and what was a sector which allowed 80 full point battles per day becomes a sector which allows 240 battles per day. The points farmers will love this - lol especially since the currency is medals which all L80 Arc owners have in their millions - lol

This also makes a mockery of the all age map. It effectively reduces use to "last age" players only since trying to beat SAM stuff with anything other than SAM units (except rockets) is not possible. You therefore effectively shut GVG to all Arctic Future, Oceanic Future and Virtual Future players. So in my worlds where I am currently Future Era, I have no GvG to look forward to for about 2 years if I want to progress. That is not an attractive proposition for me and probably several hundred thousand other.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Confirmation Checkboxes
To improve the overall user experience and enable people to quickly place siege and defensive armies, we'll add a "never see this again" checkbox. This also makes the overall experience more consistent with other aspects of Forge of Empires and gives you the benefit of being able to interact with GvG faster without having to spend time needlessly clicking away message windows.

Anything which makes placing a siege faster will always be welcome but instead of minor tweeks your efforts should concentrate on identifying and permanently banning those guilds and players who consistently use "bots" to place sieges and DA's. I have played this game in many worlds for nearly seven years now. I have massive experience of GvG in all of its forms and in all ages. Believe me, I and many other experienced players can tell when a "bot" is being used. Why can't you Inno?

DeletedUser10189

Reduce Point Farming Profitability
To combat farming ranking points with Champions, once a sector is freed, all units that were placed there will be replaced with random, NPC units of the sector's age. In the All Age Map, the units will be replaced with units from the highest age.

Too bad for the Point Farming, but quite nice that we can just fill it up with Rogues and get highest age units. Even Iron Age players can put Mars units on a sector for instance. Makes it easier for recruiting one type of unit and harder for other Guilds to attack a sector. Interesting :)

Which means I think it may increase point farming in AA, as players won't even need to waste their own troops to fill sectors with Mars units.

DeletedUser10189

Holy moly Guys...
You just complelty killed GvG... the Farmes will just get your sectors at 2am ... and there is nothing you can do to save anything ...
There will be mayhem... Every 12 or 8 hours ok... but every 4h...

There will be no tactics... just a big brawl to get points...

Agree 100%. If you introduce recalc every 4 hours, there is no more strategy to GvG, (ghost) guilds just out for destruction with no interest in holding land will just smash through those who who are actually trying to have a proper battle over a piece of land, to destroy treasury of the guild trying to hold the land. If this comes in I will stop playing GvG and FoE. GvG is the best part of FoE, because of the strategy and planning. 4-hour calc kills it, and will kill the game for me. From talking to my guild (all GvG fighters) they all feel the same.

DeletedUser1418

I dont think people will bother using their champs or rogues for farming. That will be a waste. It's a lot cheaper to build archer camps on the same grids as SoK's since they too will get an effecient farmable upgrade to SAM, and if you own Alcatraz, well, it will be bonanza!

urine luck

Baronet
This is brilliant guys. This increases the opportunity for point farming considerably. Just think about it. Protection ends after 4 hours. Great, no longer necessary to release sectors. Simply have an arrangement with a friendly guild. 1st reset guild 1 takes a sector and fills with 1 champ & 7 rogues. 4hr wait, guild 2 take the sector and fill with the same. Alternate every 4 hrs and what was a sector which allowed 80 full point battles per day becomes a sector which allows 240 battles per day. The points farmers will love this - lol especially since the currency is medals which all L80 Arc owners have in their millions - lol

the thing where 2 guilds cooperate to farm is in game now anyway. its possible to do unlimited battles already. with the changes it will make it harder to keep those safe sectors for them to farm on.

people cant farm unlimited sectors of random sam units because they will take losses, it wont be sustainable.

lotjer

Farmer
With the 4h freedom and with the right amount of guilds/members who work together in the night you probably can close off the beach sectors so others won't be able to land there anymore. On NL3 server they already did this for a certain area of the Iron Age Map. I have no idea if it's possible to close off the whole map, but if possible, this creates a privatized map for certain guilds which they can farm when they want without any disturbances.

DeletedUser7959

I have no idea if it's possible to close off the whole map
it is not possible, every map has an entrance sector, you can lock some part of the map, but you can't lock the whole map.

DeletedUser7431

Instead of addressing scriptors or bots they chose a direction that will kill GvG forever. Nevermind us, we already paid and will to sustain whatever we build up in the years before. This is not an improvement. This is the end of it...
There are only two things to be done.
a) Protection time of 24 hours should start from the minute the sector was taken. No more lag.
b) Get some tech equipment to identify bots and bar them from the game, Fullstop.

shad2389

Viceroy
my previous post answered a question i know there are rules but a few of us were waiting for that answer so eather make it visible to others or give answer to forum members thx in advance mods

shad2389

Viceroy
well answer is it will be a 4 h protection if they hide this post then i don't know why it's not a copy paste of suports answer

DeletedUser

The protection will reset after 4 hours.
The post was hidden because we do not allow players to share support responses on the forum.

DeletedUser7531

then you should take GvG directly out of the game
Which guild should still be able to hold sectors?

Nessie

Baronet
I suppose the changes are partly to prevent players to use bots, macros, alt accounts and what else... If this will be succesful, I doubt. Players always find a way to cheat if this is in their character. All other outcome we'll have to await :)

Alex M

Farmer
The protection will reset after 4 hours.
The post was hidden because we do not allow players to share support responses on the forum.
Putting the cut every 4 hours, is to kill the GVG, the competition between guilds will be over, within a few days do not open guild treasure that holds, or units to besiege, so that I predict the death of GVG, and at 6 months the defection of great players, and therefore the death of the game.
Since these did not play the little farm.

Alex M

Farmer
And cheating players, who use script, will now be happier putting them every 4 hours, for these are the ones that really should do something, but they will remain very happy.

DeletedUser7503

The protections would end either at 20:00, or at 24:00, or at 4:00 or 8:00 .....
aw I finally understand and believe you are correct as your thoughts on the meaning of the message makes more sense.