• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Why take a sector between 8:00 pm and 4:00 pm the next day, if guild power is counted at 8:00 pm?
The GcG would be done then between 16 and 20:00 if the sectors taken before would be taken during this period for the gain of power.

DeletedUser7903

1. Additional Recalculation Timers

Really? You want us to live here? Hello, this is not the work, it is a game! We already spend on the game more than on offline life - expedition, cultural settlements, an endless series of events with stupid prizes that devalue the value of all that is in the game, etc.

GvG was the best part of this game. Tactic and strategy - that's the main point of the GvG - The battle of minds. You trying to guess the enemy's action and to prepare some surprises for it. THAT'S WHAT THE ESSENCE OF GvG IS !!!

You decide to destroy the last thing because of which it worth to play this game!!!

2.Reduce Point Farming Profitability
To combat farming ranking points with Champions, once a sector is freed, all units that were placed there will be replaced with random, NPC units of the sector's age. In the All Age Map, the units will be replaced with units from the highest age.

Good! (sarcasm) I'll put units from Iron age to defense tab and will free sector on All Ages map - as a result I receive the full sector of Mars age units! GENIUSLY!!!

3. Removal of Bronze Age Units
Why do you discriminate this unit? Will you rename map from "All ages" to "Almost All Ages"?

I think these changes were invented by people who do not play the game, do not understand the meaning of GvG, do not know the product that they are “improving". Instead of solving the accumulated problems, you decided to create new ones. If it’s so hard for you to do well, at least don’t touch or break what is already there.

RIP GvG

DeletedUser9403

Can you please make retreat possible at any time during a battle (like on the app)?
It's a lot of precious time wasted waiting for the enemy forces to move, if they move first...

jovada

Regent
What is this ?? back to the future ??

It will be like in the beginning , 4 or 5 guilds with 80 members dividing map between them and using smaller guilds to defend them on the landing sectors.
Only guilds with so many members can cover the recalculation every 4 hours and they wil farm points as well when granting freedom.

On the other side this will create even more demolition guilds, maybe you should rename it to Guild versus Demolition

Smaller guilds who have not enough people to cover every 4 hours will be removed from the map and will only be able with some luck to land again and be removed again .

shad2389

Viceroy
What is this ?? back to the future ??

It will be like in the beginning , 4 or 5 guilds with 80 members dividing map between them and using smaller guilds to defend them on the landing sectors.
Only guilds with so many members can cover the recalculation every 4 hours and they wil farm points as well when granting freedom.

On the other side this will create even more demolition guilds, maybe you should rename it to Guild versus Demolition

Smaller guilds who have not enough people to cover every 4 hours will be removed from the map and will only be able with some luck to land again and be removed again .
only way i see this change beeing benificial for game is if they do what they always told us was imposible
( add GVG to app)

griaxe

Merchant
Suggest to make only 2 or 3 recalculating times per day ( every 12 or 8 hrs). The maps will be more stable this way. 4 hr periods are way too short for serious planning or defending.

DeletedUser8338

Indeed, many not understandable moments. If shields from sectors will fall every 4 hours, then it will be possible to move further and further from these sectors (without moving the headquarters). Is it possible to take the whole card in a day? Suppose that at least for 1 day .. but the card will be green !!;)
then please do the 4-hour cycle in Alcatraz!)
and yes, I agree with the opinion that these changes were invented by the one who does not play in the GVG. Because it does not take into account that the headquarters can be moved by the Allied Guild) oh, how far you can go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
About the removal of bronze age units, I would have liked to take thing further and prevent players from putting a full rogue defense. I guess it must be too complicated to allow a maximum of 4 rogues (which seem fair to me).

In TOMORROW Era an army of 1 stealth tank and 7 rogues makes sense and can deal quite reasonable damage (compared to e.g. a deff of 8 stealth tanks or a mix of stealth tanks and artillery)

Teak

Steward
If you give defending guilds no proper way to secure their sector over night, at least change the siege costs:
Placing a siege army onto a sector of a guild who has 20 sectors you should have to pay as if you have 20 sectors yourself- otherwise you will destroy months and years of eco within a few weeks:
You can’t save your territory, an lose hundreds of goods overnight, while nightly raiders will pay 5 | 10 |20 goods? Seems really balanced...

How do you expect to get a stable guilds highscore?
With this changes small guilds won’t profi. the only ones who will profit are the ego gamers, who will farm any sector currently which isn’t safe at 2am for their own points- and they are the reason you have to secure your territory. Not because of a „fair“ fight against another guild.

And the random Units thing:
Are you kidding me. It is a huge part of the tactics to place defending armies - and if you have to face 3 sectors and only have 2 next to it, you might set one of them free, to secure a block of something goes wrong.
You can’t do this anymore, because it will change from a proper def to a random bull**** Innocomp...
next tactical aspect killed.
Thank you for showing, that you have 0 understanding of your own feature.
You just demolished GvG (which is intended with your superfancy new guild feature) and made it into a farm fest without any tactics or eco needed.
With this kind of playstyle you just go ham and maraude around the map and beat anybody down who is dumb enough to place more than 1 army in a sector

Last edited:

DeletedUser8963

Changes to how GvG works are a welcoming addition.

But as someone mentioned, this might remove the ability to chess-like plan moves and it will turn out to a brawl on maps.

Larger guilds will have issues holding lots of sectors as retaking them multiple times a day with high cost might simply be too much.

With increased goods demand, there will also be a larger demand for units, as an active player might find himself in a fight round the clock.

However this turns out, I'm happy to try it, I'd rather risk breaking it then leaving it in the current state forever.

PS. point farming isn't really removed by this, quite the opposite, I think points farming will be very much possible, in AA mostly. But yeah, champs munching as such is removed.

podkap1970

Emperor
maybe its the first step to lower the priority of GvG, and focus more to the new GvG battleground we get soon©?

i would be happy not to be online everyday at calculation, but seems like you really liked it :)
i know its maybe every 4 hours now, maybe we have to find new tactics for GvG, and i'm pretty sure some of you will find some

DeletedUser8239

While I welcome the effort to change things in GvG, some of the proposed changes will easily be exploitable.

Additional Recalculation Timers

Going away from the "everyone has to be online at 8pm for 20 minutes" is a good change, but there will be no more incentive to hold a larger amount of sectors since a single player can do so much damage unless the defending guild has players online 24/7. As mentioned by others, this will only result in a demolition derby with very little tactical play. Maybe a 8h or 12h cycle would be better here.

Removal of Bronze Age Units

This is a much needed change, since defending/besiege a sector with spears for free is ridiculous.

Reduce Point Farming Profitability

Off the top of my head I can think of several ways for some players to still be able to farm an absurd amount of points.

E.g.: putting 8-16 archer-barracks (iron age) in your town, fill up a sector for free on a daily basis, abandon it an get rewarded with a full mars age sector which results in about 230k high score points, as any developed player will have zero losses against a randomly defended mars age sector...

or

just have 2 guilds besieging each other over and over with champions

since this is hard to prevent with changes in the game mechanic other than just removing points earned on the all-ages map or plainly removing this map all together, this kind of behavior should just get "outlawed" with an extra paragraph within the Pushing-Rule.

Confirmation Checkboxes

This will save me personally a lot of unnecessary clicking, I like it.

Camera Focus

Also convenient.

Bug Fixes

Looking forward for more information here.

Best regards

SergeB1

Squire
Inno Devs,
Why are you presenting GvG changes as an improvement?
Please be honest and tell frankly:
“we are going to kill GvG because we are creating new feature “Battle Fields “. We don’t know how this feature will work, as well as we know nothing about tactics and strategy of GvG, but to avoid competition between Battle Fields and GvG we will kill the last.”

DeletedUser8963

maybe its the first step to lower the priority of GvG, and focus more to the new GvG battleground we get soon©?

i would be happy not to be online everyday at calculation, but seems like you really liked it :)
i know its maybe every 4 hours now, maybe we have to find new tactics for GvG, and i'm pretty sure some of you will find some

Very true, even if recalc fits my daily time, it became a chore.

As mentioned by others, this will only result in a demolition derby with very little tactical play. Maybe a 8h or 12h cycle would be better here.

Inno Devs,
“we are going to kill GvG because we are creating new feature “Battle Fields “.

Both quotes, maybe I'm even looking forward to this in a way "ok, structured GvG is over, it will become a mud pit where you fight when you want and where you want". Doesn't sound too bad.

DeletedUser8338

I would like the changes to affect, for example, the protection of sectors .. 75% of the protection at headquarters is maximal when many already have an attack of +500 .. this is no longer funny. and let's jump over the 75 guild level .. otherwise, these ratings are all accumulating and accumulating, but the increase in the level can not be seen.

DeletedUser7431

I think these changes were invented by people who do not play the game, do not understand the meaning of GvG, do not know the product that they are “improving". Instead of solving the accumulated problems, you decided to create new ones. If it’s so hard for you to do well, at least don’t touch or break what is already there.
RIP GvG
+1

DeletedUser1418

Instead of addressing scriptors or bots they chose a direction that will kill GvG forever. Nevermind us, we already paid and will to sustain whatever we build up in the years before. This is not an improvement. This is the end of it...

urine luck

Baronet
gvg was "dead" as it was with there being little activity and the bots and ghost guilds run by alt accounts. gvg is supposed to be about fighting and this promotes active fighting. if you want sectors to get guild power, then just put hofs in, its a much better way of getting guild power.

Last edited: