• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expeditions

DeletedUser5149

Just completed difficulty 2 - good to see that the dreaded rouge doesn't make an appearance in the final chest - thank you :)

I wonder if there is any other make-up that is as dreaded as rouge? Seems to me that my grandmother rather liked using it!

Sl8yer

Regent
The idea behind guild expeditions is to "enjoy the great feeling of reaching a common goal". Now what if my guild leaders do not wish to unlock levels II and III because they believe the costst are to high? Are we then enjoying a great feeling as well?

DeletedUser4607

I hereby officially start a petition to replace the "Shrine of Inspiration" with a SoK or at least wishing well as potential reward in the last chest of level 3. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The rest of the rewards... not quite as abundant as I had hoped but oh well, we all gotta make sacrifices :D (meaning: I do understand there is a need for balancing the rewards).

SoI is just so useless, and you can't even place it and sell it to get some coins and supplies like you can with the "Cultural Building". (Yes, I know most of us have more coins and supplies than can ever be spent, but still, at least it makes me feel a little richer, and not completely cheated for a reward).

DeletedUser7454

I really like this new feature BUT I am not convinced about the mechanism to unlock the next 2 difficulty levels.

I do understand that is was made such that is controlled by guild leader/founders – in order to facilitate greater guild interaction - but there is really very little control left for them – like how many goods to use for it.

Now I am thinking about my guild where I am guild leader. We have 80 players – from IA to FE – our guild policy is to be present on every map and to welcome any play style. That means that we have players in different eras and naturally with different attack boosts. We have top fighters but also farmers. So just by this definition 10 or so players will not even try out this expedition. On the top of it players also have RL emergencies, vacations or just regular RL busy that will prevent them completing the expeditions - another 10 players who will not participate. And then players have several worlds and they might use this feature only in their primary worlds and so another 10 player out.

I can foresee that only about 40 or less players in my guild will keep playing guild expedition after it’s novelty is over and not all of them every difficulty levels. Not opening the difficulty levels is not an option as I can not imagine to deny our players a game feature that they might enjoy. That said, to pay for all or none is really not right. Paying for all 80 players is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! especially every week.

One option would be to refund the guild the unused goods after the expedition ends.

A second option would be to be more specific about how many players can play the next difficulty levels. I can imagine 2 additional :
"Rights" buttons (one for diff. level 2 and the other for diff. level 3) on the members roster under the control of the guild leader/founder just as any other rights. This could be then the base to calculate the goods needed for this feature. To a degree it is a better system as leader/founders might be not always available and then the whole guild is put on standby. This might also give the base to ask those who participate give goods to the treasury vs telling the whole guild to contribute the goods on obligatory basis (it is a game after all and things should not be obligatory or feel like a work).

And what happens to a player who changes guild in the middle of the expedition – I can see a Ghost guild scenario: finishing the guild expedition and then dissolving and forming a new guild with new guild expedition - just for point farming.
If somebody joins a guild after the goods were paid to unlock the level can that person play diff. levels 2 and 3?
If somebody leaves the guild in the middle of expedition do his/her points still count for the guild?

DeletedUser

And what happens to a player who changes guild in the middle of the expedition
players can only play an expedition if they were member of the guild when the expedition starts

it is not possible to play the expedition if you join/create/change guild after the expedition started

If somebody joins a guild after the goods were paid to unlock the level can that person play diff. levels 2 and 3?
new members don't participate in the current expedition so no need to change the unlock costs

If somebody leaves the guild in the middle of expedition do his/her points still count for the guild?
yes

DeletedUser5456

Good Event. Do have one problem with it. The coins at the upper left have a timer and gives one the impression that once more are added that you will have access to it again. Not the case. Once you go back to the city that is it. I would like the option to go back and continue the quests once I have enough coins or FP or what ever they are. Also there is no way to tell how the Guild is doing until the end of event period.

dolphin

Marquis
GE started out looking like a great addition. Has lost most of it's appeal for me.

I really do not like the gambling (% reward) concept. I like to know what I am working for.

GE for me has become a way to throw away resources and assets that I have worked hard for (difficulty levels vs reward). Will stick to HoF and save my time to do AIDing.

DeletedUser7120

If its not going to be possible to unlock levels for individuals would it be possible to see which stage the players are at on the contribution list. I believe this would at least allow guild leaders/founders to make a decision on unlocking levels.

DeletedUser6628

I know that it's already been said, but I would really like to see the contributions changed to a lower amount and to the current age good of the player. This way the OBS, Atom, and Arcs can fund unlocking the levels. I really think that this would solve a lot of problems and encourage more guilds to participate.

DeletedUser6628

Suggestions for additional features:
1) A guaranteed weekly grand prize that would be awarded to an individual that completes all three difficulty levels. The prize would be known at the beginning of the week so that guilds could agree on whether of not they wanted to unlock the last 2 levels.

2) The ability to purchase, with diamonds, your choice of prize from the chest instead of just having a random chance at it.

3) Instead of receiving a random prize for each battle won you receive some type of token/ticket that could be used in a guild exposition store to purchase whatever you wanted (similar to the 2014/2015 Easter event where you could use eggs to buy items). These tokens would carry over from week to week so in my eyes it wouldn't be horrible if the top prizes (SoK, Wishing Well, Rogue Hideouts, etc.) would cost so much that you'd have to save up for a few weeks in order to buy one.

NorMags

Baronet
I would also like to have a log of contributions to the Guild treasury so we can avoid "Freeriders"...

Stingy

Squire
I would say that a great idea (guild expedition) has begun having an ugly twist, when the difficulty unlocking was added in its current form.
The complete guild or nobody.
Then starting to look at the goods required for unlocking the levels 2 & 3, the leaders must see to obtain those from the guild members. But the twist is that your current age goods that you get from some GBs, are rather useless, when you have a lot of 'top' players at the end of the tech in FE... Happy hunting and don't forget that the new era might require those goods also (was the case unto FE).
So what do you get? A few members that will leave the guild and maybe start their 1-man/woman guilds just so that they would be able to do the GE as they see fit. Try and keep your guilds together and work as a unique group to obtain the power for the guild through the expedition points.
Nice work devs, as you made the volunteer work of a leader/founder just much harder.

DeletedUser7454

maybe the developers should consider using medals to unlock the difficulty levels instead of goods or as an alternative to the goods. The top players are the most likely suspect to finish all 3 difficulty levels and they are also the ones who have tons of medals to spare for it. It would take away a huge burden from the guilds.

Macha

Squire
i really cant see the big issue with using previous age goods, at the minute there is no new age but once it comes guilds will have already gathered previous age FE goods & if they change it to current age goods then when the new age comes guilds will have to choose between using the new age goods for either gvg or GE until they gather a stockpile, this way means they can do both

DeletedUser6705

I can foresee lively discussions in my guild on the main server about the unlocking of difficulty 2 or 3, so I did this week in a one-person guild to get a better idea about the guild rewards vs goods used, and I have to admit I was massively underwhelmed by the result:

On Beta I'm Industrial, and in my little 1-person jungle research guild each check point gave me 15 guild power. I played it "straight", i.e. no points farming by retreating from battles (except for one I genuinely lost :p) and to my big horror the guild benefit at difficulty 3 was no better than at level 1:

All in all I got 17 check points, spread as follows:
Level 1: 8125 expedition points = 6 checkpoints = 90 guild power points
Level 2: 15752 expedition points = 5 checkpoints = 75 guild power points
Level 3: 35333 expedition points = 6 checkpoints = 90 guild power points

Unit losses at level 1: 1 jaeger
Unit losses at level 3: 8 regular troops, plus 12 rouges (ouch!!!)

Somehow I'm really puzzled that Level 3 doesn't give any more guild rewards compared to level 1, given the much higher cost, both in troops and in goods. Anybody got any ideas why that should be?

And just as a comparison, an Industrial HoF gives its guild 45 guild power (or 90 when motivated) day after day after day, which makes the power yield of level 3 even more ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6908

I can foresee lively discussions in my guild on the main server about the unlocking of difficulty 2 or 3, so I did this week in a one-person guild to get a better idea about the guild rewards vs goods used, and I have to admit I was massively underwhelmed by the result:

On Beta I'm Industrial, and in my little 1-person jungle research guild each check point gave me 15 guild power. I played it "straight", i.e. no points farming by retreating from battles (except for one I genuinely lost :p) and to my big horror the guild benefit at difficulty 3 was no better than at level 1:

Unit losses at level 1: 1 jaeger
Unit losses at level 3: 8 regular troops, plus 12 rouges (ouch!!!)

Somehow I'm really puzzled that Level 3 doesn't give any more guild rewards compared to level 1, given the much higher cost, both in troops and in goods. Anybody got any ideas why that should be?

And just as a comparison, an Industrial HoF gives its guild 45 guild power (or 90 when motivated) day after day after day, which makes the power yield of level 3 even more ludicrous.

Thanks for the info. I had thought that the power gained seemed a little low but this is WAY under powered for a weeks worth of effort. At the very least it should out perform a motivated HoF.

DeletedUser4285

Explanation please? What are all those numbers? :eek: