• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expeditions

DeletedUser7454

GE in VF got harder to finish as we got new troops. It just needs to get to use to them IMO

Also -- yes please do something refreshing with GE -- it is very boring at the moment and not worth it... please consider tweaking the rewards and maybe making them upgradeable -- which will make it much worth to do so. Now with the watchtower upgrade and wishing well shrink kit most prizes are inferior in GE. Most of the buildings sit in our inventory.
I see potential in upgrade and shrink kits; like if you make the tribal square upgradeable to level 10 or even 12 players might just have more incentive to participate. Introduce shrinking kits to fountain of youth and terrace farms.
Consider that even with high level ToR the drop of rewards is not that high so most likely getting upgrades and kits will take several weeks.

I wish GE was upgraded instead of the introducing settlement. I found it the settlement time consuming and really distracting. This game already has so many features. More is not always better! Improving and tweaking existing features would have been much better then introducing new ones that rob us of time :)

DeletedUser8119

Agree with all comments except a level 5. I play on 4 worlds including Beta and have found fighting manually to the end of lvl 3 very time consuming for mostly useless rewards and wonder why I bother, adding another level would probably mean I would have to drop a couple of worlds to find the time. Well I bother because it is a guild expectation but there are RL things I could be doing that would give me more pleasure. I don't look forward to GE anymore :( A face of the ancient in the fist level 4 chest is pitiful, as are a few fps. Maybe now that I am in AF what was a worthwhile reward is no longer so.

Wishing Wells can be shrunk so what is the point of Fountain of Youth? Surely, FoY could be converted to WW so that players feel they are worthwhile placing them. I too have accumulated lots of part leveled/superseded event buildings cluttering up my inventory and have been reluctant to delete them in case you bring out an upgrade for them. Upgrade and shrink kits, fragments etc should be available as rewards in GE to make the effort needed to complete level 4 each week less of a chore. It's that old balancing dilemma again:confused:

Luke Stark

Marquis
it might have something to do with new troops however it is not consistent how much harder it got IMHO,
having 4 military GB's around lvl 60-70 I really think it is too hard,

before new troops I was able to get to lvl 4 half way just with troops, now from lvl 3 last 1-2 stops I need to negociate :S
and it's not only my own opinion,

adding that GE is really old news nowadays it's just getting really borring and not worth the time for higher lvl players,

what about a second GB for GE? at one point there was a picture of Angkor Wat I believe? this one could give different older upgrades to all the buildings from other events for example? Could work the same as the first GB for GE

DeletedUser

really ? level 60-70 GB and having a problem at level 3

mine are at level 10 or 11 (10 + the old voucher for zeus, aachen & cdm ) and I can do level 3 complete with fighting

level 4 is not possible to do complete fighting with those GB
but if that would be the case there would no need to level up fight GB

with 60 or 70 I would do complete level 4 fighting

I remember a guild member asking how to be successful at end of level 3
after saying what units to use he said: that was easy. almost no losses

so the problem are not the enemies. it is people don't know how to fight
and that includes the first move in fighting. surprise: that is selecting the correct troops

Last edited by a moderator:
With level 10-11 attack GB's it's tough in level 4, but usually back in those days I found only having to negotiate 1-2 fights

there was usually a trick to every fight that allowed you to do it

DeletedUser8277

Agree with all comments except a level 5. I play on 4 worlds including Beta and have found fighting manually to the end of lvl 3 very time consuming for mostly useless rewards and wonder why I bother, adding another level would probably mean I would have to drop a couple of worlds to find the time.
I agree. I'd love to see something refreshing done to GE but adding more of it gets old quickly. Week after week when only 4 gives me any personal rewards I have a use for (FP/Diamonds) it gets pretty stale. Of course we all still do it for our guilds but a lot of weeks for me now it feels more like a chore than anything else. My opinion of course and that's after doing GE every week since it came out. Doing 1-4 in 2 live worlds and level 1 for beta. More encounters at the end when you have to get through 1-3 to get there, and with limited encounters unless you have unlimited medals doesn't sound like something I'd personally like. Would love to see some changes though and added incentives for those of us who have no use for all these buildings. I would especially like to see GE considered in guild rank so if felt like doing something more for your guild then just trudging along to the next guild level.

Maybe encounter 64 could offer a 50/50 chance at a ToR level segment? Collect 15 segments get a free level on your ToR? Average of 1 level every 30 weeks doesn't sound like something too crazy.

DeletedUser9541

I was thinking about GE reward buildings and see a number of posts above on the subject.
It seems that Tribal Square has joined the Faces & Gates in the lists of buildings rewarded but not used. Special buildings in events (ships, winter spires, colossus and others provide population, so added population from TS is not needed. Coins are nice, but two sleigh builders produce 60 goods compared to 5 for the same 3x4 footprint (but need road connections).
Maybe developers could check inventories to find which rewards are rarely or never used and just fill inventory space.
Building upgrades would be welcome rewards, even if parceled in "fragments".
The Sakura set has upgrades, so how about giving the ”build or upgrade“ cards as a DQ reward, so people could get something useful instead of another building in inventory. Please offer Winter or Forge Event special buildings (popular-sleigh builder or Classical Garden set buildings) in DQ occasionally!
Players reach a "maximum" space amount, so something to make regularly used buildings better in the same space limit would be useful.

Fairy Lily

Steward
Honestly I think at this point people are only playing GE for the crowns for the guild, fps, diamonds, sacred sky watches and terrace farms. The remainder of the prizes are really not that great and would need a look over since so much time has passed.

DeletedUser5097

GE in VF got harder to finish as we got new troops. It just needs to get to use to them IMO

Also -- yes please do something refreshing with GE -- it is very boring at the moment and not worth it... please consider tweaking the rewards and maybe making them upgradeable -- which will make it much worth to do so. Now with the watchtower upgrade and wishing well shrink kit most prizes are inferior in GE. Most of the buildings sit in our inventory.
I see potential in upgrade and shrink kits; like if you make the tribal square upgradeable to level 10 or even 12 players might just have more incentive to participate. Introduce shrinking kits to fountain of youth and terrace farms.
Consider that even with high level ToR the drop of rewards is not that high so most likely getting upgrades and kits will take several weeks.
+1 for:
Shrink kits
Upgrades - especialy high lvls of 10-12

I would also like to suggest maybe like the settlement a time bonus with fragments of something
very special. Maybe even a special reward for completing the GE fighting only or the entire GE
without fighting.

DeletedUser7959

Also, you should understand that 5th level will be, again, harder than previous. I think 4th is hard enough and 5th will be impossible to complete for the majority of players. The only way I see here it's to add 4 extra spots at every level, divide the %s at atk/def of troops and add more (new) prizes. Playing in many worlds is your personal decision, it's not a reason (IMO) to not do what needed to be done.
// Idk why 4th level became harder after VF3 for someone, it's easier for me now. Monks are so ridiculously useless, eels were much annoying.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Also, you should understand that 5th level will be, again, harder than previous. I think 4th is hard enough and 5th will be impossible to complete for the majority of players. The only way I see here it's to add 4 extra spots at every level, divide the %s at atk/def of troops and add more (new) prizes. Playing in many worlds is your personal decision, it's not a reason (IMO) to not do what needed to be done.
// Idk why 4th level became harder after VF3 for someone, it's easier for me now. Monks are so ridiculously useless, eels were much annoying.

If they relied on hover tanks for the majority of it hovers are pretty good vs eels - i expect the high stats of the monk will make them a bit more annoying for hovers, not that that's a bad thing.