• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Even the fact that I'm building up the boost for defending army on all my worlds (4, with beta included, I've no diamond farms build, but I could do it if I wish LOL ), playing GE 5 strongly feels like buying with my very last money a purse !
Just to say that the rewards are nice (Temple and Serpent items are ok), but it will take way too long frangment-wise !
I've listen to the Inno video about GE 5 : I strongly believe Inno is sure planning to bring MORE features later on wherein the players need their defending boost ! So that's why I go for it anyway, which will indeed being a very very long marathon to get it working so GE 5 is not impossible anymore to do the battles !
Now (pure) fighters or players that do not love negotiations (maybe some players hate it?!) ... are disadvantaged till they are able to fight !

mcbluefire

Baronet
In live I'm in SAJM and make about 19K goods (not including guild goods) a week:
10,220 current
3,185 previous
5,250 SAM

Tiny bit of trading from time to time and I'm covered. When SAT comes out I'll just leave a few more buildings behind to have 5K minimum production of previous and I'm good forever.

Do I think this is how GE5 should remain? Nope. It's insane that it's the same number of goods no matter what age we are in. I think there are better uses for goods.

Will I continue to do GE5 since it's easy for me? Maybe as all this is really doing is diverting goods I would put in the treasury to this new sink.

Why am I doing it? Dunno as I really don't care for any of the new buildings and GE1-4 has been fragmented and nerfed. Diamonds possible per week cut in half for no good reason.

I didn't care about FOY before...but see reducing the chances to get it as just mean. Dunno how it's okay to do nothing about existing farms but greatly increase the time frame to create new or grow small farms. I get the dilemma FOE faces, but it's pretty ruthless to just punish those who are starting out only. Not crying for me, I'm pretty happy with my moderate farm worlds and my means for getting WW's is still functioning fine and if that was removed tomorrow I'd be fine where I am now.

blueskydwg

Steward
When we all first started our first city we learned about balancing - people, supplies, coins, expansions. Then fights and goods got into the act, then GBs and the proper use of the Arc. This is just another opportunity for us to balance (rebalance?) our cities. I'm fortunate that I have an ample supply of goods, and produce in excess of 12K per week - so negotiating thru Lvl 5 won't be a problem. But the challenge will be to rebalance my city such that I can fight through lvl 5 while continuing to do the same in lvls 1 thru 4 and getting a hundred (or 2 or 4) fights in battlegrounds.

Balance - Econ 101 (and maybe a little 102)

In my main city, 41 of 63 of my guild mates have attempted L5. 21 have completed it. I negotiated all 16 encounters, others fought some. It's only the first season which means the number of L5 participants could change. Long term campers have an advantage in that they will have accumulated a large inventory of current age goods. When they age up they will then have lots of prior age goods while collecting current age ones. Meanwhile, lots of SBCs are being built as players start to increase their defending army stats. L5 is going to be difficult to solve but that's where the fun is.

Yes. I do produce enough goods. Way too many current-age goods, from quests, GBG, etc. and previous age goods aren't a problem with sleigh builders and a few Stages of Ages. It isn't that big of an investment. I'm giving up maybe 1-200% attack, but that's not that big of a deal, as that'll help you maybe only do one more fight in GBG at high attrition. To me that's a worthwhile tradeoff.
I had to neg all of my encounters even with pots and totems, spent about 10k goods on my end but I also camped but I don't make 10k goods per week that's for sure. I have a high level shateu and do a lot of repeats. The biggest problem is that I don't make previous age goods, I have to trade down and not a lot of people are sitting under camping ages. There's nothing in the game that compensates for the amount of previous age goods required, they get poofed from the game and don't come back to players/market. There's only one goods building for previous age, and that don't make a lot of goods even at high level, 144 of one good at 67 and it stays at the same amount for 3 levels (???). So you get maybe 1000/5000 goods you need. The sleigh builders require you to have them at the previous age without reno'ing them or not camping in your current age when you build them, so that's extremely situational.

So eventually, we're going to have big problems finding goods from TE/OF/SAAJM (whatevers under the current age). People have been saying for a while trading down goods isn't very effective, there's not a lot of people sitting in those ages.

So eventually, we're going to have big problems finding goods from TE/OF/SAAJM (whatevers under the current age). People have been saying for a while trading down goods isn't very effective, there's not a lot of people sitting in those ages.
Yes, I was also thinking about this problem ... and IF most players going to do GE5 via negotiating (because going for the battles is still impossible for them and will take a very long time to get their defending boost up!), then trrading will dry up because players have no spare Goods or are afraid they wouldn't have enough to negotiate themselves after accept trade offers...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes, I was also thinking about this problem ... and IF most players going to do GE5 via negotiating (because going for the battles is still impossible for them and will take a very long time to get their defending boost up!), then trrading will dry up because players have no spare Goods or are afraid they wouldn't have enough to negotiate themselves after accept trade offers...
It might take a while but it'll work itself out. First stockpiles will need to dry up, and then people will need to adjust how the play (if they care) giving a reason to camp in in-demand goods eras and not just perceived-best-for-fighting eras. And with plotting ahead you can be self-sufficient after next age-up (if you're not already).

Trading should be more vibrant overall if anything because of the demand (in recent years trade has been so dead because almost noone needs to). Also a reason to build unrefined goods buildings if they'll help you trade for what you need (your SAJM goods may hold little value in trade for anything but other SAJM goods, but your SAM ones might be tradeable for SAAB or SAV more readily if the SAV players that can supply you either need them themselves or can use them to trade better).

esoterism

Squire
Still not any reaction from INNO, they do not care what we think and what we write, we will simply boycott GE5 and stop buying diamonds, when they will understand that it is US who pay their salary they will react.

I have a question about this lost temple
it provides 20% more FP for the event buildings when harvesting
are they also recognized and multiplied by the Galaxy?

It might take a while but it'll work itself out. First stockpiles will need to dry up, and then people will need to adjust how the play (if they care) giving a reason to camp in in-demand goods eras and not just perceived-best-for-fighting eras. And with plotting ahead you can be self-sufficient after next age-up (if you're not already).

Trading should be more vibrant overall if anything because of the demand (in recent years trade has been so dead because almost noone needs to). Also a reason to build unrefined goods buildings if they'll help you trade for what you need (your SAJM goods may hold little value in trade for anything but other SAJM goods, but your SAM ones might be tradeable for SAAB or SAV more readily if the SAV players that can supply you either need them themselves or can use them to trade better).
Very well said. Like many, I'm hanging out in SAJM waiting on the release of SAT. I have tons of SAJM goods and a fair supply of SAV. I did the math and figured that, between daily production and stockpiles, I have enough goods to 100% negotiate level 5 for about a year. I expect that SAT will happen long before I run out of time. When I age up I will not age-up any SAJM goods producing buildings. At that point, daily production will be able to carry the load while I slowly build up my defending army stats so I can fight a few of the encounters. It's all about making a plan. No big deal.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm curious how things will play out. There are some event buildings with blue buffs. Which also producing goods. Not sure to upgrade them to current age or leave them as they are. For example the bear mountain. It grows stronger when you age it up but it also produces goods. Among some other event buildings.

shad2389

Viceroy
LOL! I just built ToR in all of my GE diamond mine cities. Never thought that would happen.
i just sold it on my main world am not doing GE till INNO fix's GE wich might be never eaven if i hear from french and english servers that lots of guilds will be boycotting GE lvl 5 , for my part on my main world in sine of protest i sold ToR , INNO , CC , Hagia and placed red % buildings in my city and i won't place blue % in that city unless it's part of a building that gives me red % going to do only gvg on that world as i suspect INNO's next goal is to nerf GBG and i won't stand for these changes going back to what i loved about this game and ignoring the rest

i just sold it on my main world am not doing GE till INNO fix's GE wich might be never eaven if i hear from french and english servers that lots of guilds will be boycotting GE lvl 5 , for my part on my main world in sine of protest i sold ToR , INNO , CC , Hagia and placed red % buildings in my city and i won't place blue % in that city unless it's part of a building that gives me red % going to do only gvg on that world as i suspect INNO's next goal is to nerf GBG and i won't stand for these changes going back to what i loved about this game and ignoring the rest
It's not a strategy that I would consider but, to each their own. Have fun.

CrashBoom

Legend
In Danish server a lot of Guilds are also boycutting GE lvl 5 and some are boycutting all GE - INNO has to do something soon otherwize they are loosing a lot of players - then again - maybe thats what they want.
they are losing a lot of players every day
and every day new players join

last week more diamonds were spend in GEx than in the weeks before (on live)
because people buy negotiation turns (5th and maybe more). some even revive units
and in the same time less diamonds are given in GEx

so for inno that is win/win

so they don't care if people boycott level 5
unless the profit would go down :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
for my part on my main world in sine of protest i sold ToR , INNO , CC , Hagia and placed red % buildings in my city and i won't place blue % in that city unless it's part of a building that gives me red % going to do only gvg on that world as i suspect INNO's next goal is to nerf GBG and i won't stand for these changes going back to what i loved about this game and ignoring the rest
just wondering:
why do you need more red % in gvg ? the enemy there is capped at 75% :rolleyes:

so to really boycott everything else you should also sell the red % which is too much