• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

I can see how in the brainstorming an idea like this could have come up... but if the aim of this new feature is player retention, I can assure you, 16 extreme negotiations was at the bottom of my wish/fun list of 'new challenges'...

Those fights would have been a handful even if it was attack bonus... it's just unrealistic to use def bonus, it's out of step with the rest of the game as you've built it.

I fear another opportunity to be creative was lost...

Last edited:
Thank you @-ScytheNinjAlin- and @MooingCat for your videos.

I'm of the idea that something challenging for the player is needed, and that it was necessary for InnoGames to give value to city defence, but these levels are impossible to beat nowadays, even for the player who focused on city defence, because there were not so many opportunities to increase the city defence attack.
Negotiating is unfeasible, for virtually all players. According to my calculations, assuming you get the encounter in 4 attempts, and trading all encounters, it would cost about 12,5k goods per week.

I like challenges, I like having to reorganize the city, it's a strategy game and it's based on that. Not about having the city organised and constantly clicking around.
I think with Project Virgo (currently I don't even have it set up in my live server city) and Kraken, and setting up some defensive attack, without sacrificing most of the city's offensive attack, it might work, but that if, in order to do that, a rebalance is needed, because right now it's unfeasible.

Last edited:
Maybe INNO should have done the opposite... Flipped it so the first 4 levels required defence, and the last level needed attack....
The change would have made me swear under my breath, but with a bit of city jiggery and pokery, it would have been game on !!
The only challenge this creates is add 20 lvl to my CF and do a few more RQ's... the opposite to the way I was wanting to play....
Would also have made Guilds have to think about it then... because it would have affected the first 4 lvls...
And sort the Guild scoring system out so GE/GB becomes relevant, instead of just GvG which nowadays is just a multi-account wild west, never played by most.

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
Funnily enough every time something is too hard/bad, this theory comes up. If something is to good, it is either simply accepted or hated.

I can promise you, the intend is not to make it seem they listen, it is just testing and looking what works. Obviously the stats are too high and I hope the Game Designers see that as well and adjust it. Remember: They are also just humans and do make mistakes. However as we saw in recent events they do a lot of rebalancing for events especially before bringing it to live, all based on data and feedback and they will probably do the same here.
If they played the game that could be true... I see a lot of new posters here all saying what your designers came up with once again breaks the game. If they had done their math they would have seen the goods costs are not sustainable. The pittance of added boost from buildings not enough for the mature city player to reasonably do the last battles in GE5. You drive players away...

When are you going to learn that designing a new addition must include early player input???

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'm definitely going to ask a silly question again but why do Guild Expeditions bring so little to the overall rankings when it's (judging from feedback from those who actually tested it unlike the devs) the hardest feature in the game ? Much more than the GvG or the GbG but which bring in the least!!!
I feel like I'm reliving the first attempt at "guild perks" that cost more than they brought in!

sg72

Farmer
I take the liberty of contacting you, because I have just discovered the new version 5 of the guild expedition. I have a question for inogames: in which direction do you want to direct the game? Do you have a long term vision for this game? Because a few years ago, you forced the players to evolve towards production, then you forced the players to also move towards the fights, today, you change your tune and force the players, to move towards defense in defense! What will your next strategy be?

sorry for my english

Raspa

Merchant
I'm definitely going to ask a silly question again but why do Guild Expeditions bring so little to the overall rankings when it's (judging from feedback from those who actually tested it unlike the devs) the hardest feature in the game ? Much more than the GvG or the GbG but which bring in the least!!!
I feel like I'm reliving the first attempt at "guild perks" that cost more than they brought in!
I agree with you 1000% and your question is not stupid at all.

joyfulrider

Squire
Got late to the feedback or discussion party. Already 20 pages...wow.

I like the entire concept of GE5. Only thing bothering me is, I cannot play GE5 in every world. Then realized, it will be common problem for new players too. So brought one idea to fulfil every players satisfaction.

Please check the image below,
city_guild_serpantarium.png
-- Here city will get a new allocation for "Guild Serpantarium" and allow players to do new guild expedition with level 1-4 with defense boost.

Following are the key points on bringing this change,
- 5th level can be added on both Guild Expeditions (old and new one).
- All players can enjoy new feature.
- Players can make the city strong to cover both the guild expeditions as per their wish.
- Able to have totally 160 encounters per week.
- Fortification concept will be used on all levels of defense boost guild expedition (guild serpantarium).
- On GE5 with Attack boost, same reward and buildings can be introduced or some new buildings can be introduced.

For sure, dev's need to put some effort on few changes, but it will be one time effort and an extraordinary piece of work to appreciate with this change.
Hope, Dev's can bring this change, since it won't abuse any players, maintains balance very well and only makes dev's spend extra time to do some design and logic handling. Wishing very much for this change to happen, wholeheartedly!!!

CrashBoom

Legend
BUG:
the shown retaliation damage is wrong
it shows 7-8 but it actually only makes 1 (or 2)

ret.jpg

my stats: my.jpg opponent: opponent.jpg

against division drones value is also totally wrong

Kronan

Viceroy
Suggestion: If the community's negative vocalizations about the use of DEFENSE boost for ONLY GE 5 doesn't induce changes and this goes LIVE as designed, can Inno please re-consider at least this 1 thing.

Please DO NOT make or add GE 5 stats to be a part of each guild's historic and highly competitive records achieved to date, earned with classic GE 1-4.

If a guild founder wants to embark on that new journey (GE 5) with their guild, and retire their old record - let them do that first.

So, to continue with a NEW GE 1 - 4 + 5 posture for brand new competitive stats, the founders can discuss this with membership and then decide or can then choose to accept an OPT-IN offer for that guild. That OPT-IN decision on GE 1-4 +5 would be immutable for that guild, once decided and chosen.

Not opening GE 5 to allow play isn't the answer. A loss will occur in the current design if a guild does all of GE 1-4 in 1 hour, and no one does GE 5 (or can't), and any other guild participates.

Doing this is extremely destructive to this community, friendships, and TEAMWORK.

There are many guilds that have spent years crafting their GE accomplishment, with members giving up their personal time to race in to play, spending diamonds, cash, and medals to compete for the victory. Hard fought battles to create that perfect 133.33 win.

(@DEADP00L
forward example: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expedition-update.16083/post-151019)

Adding a mandatory GE 5 to that will debase it for no good reason, and many would consider it a deeply insulting action to a guild's accomplishments. People do hold those accomplishments dear to what they've done as a TEAM in this game.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Got late to the feedback or discussion party. Already 20 pages...wow.

I like the entire concept of GE5. Only thing bothering me is, I cannot play GE5 in every world. Then realized, it will be common problem for new players too. So brought one idea to fulfil every players satisfaction.

Please check the image below,
View attachment 9160
-- Here city will get a new allocation for "Guild Serpantarium" and allow players to do new guild expedition with level 1-4 with defense boost.

Following are the key points on bringing this change,
- 5th level can be added on both Guild Expeditions (old and new one).
- All players can enjoy new feature.
- Players can make the city strong to cover both the guild expeditions as per their wish.
- Able to have totally 160 encounters per week.
- Fortification concept will be used on all levels of defense boost guild expedition (guild serpantarium).
- On GE5 with Attack boost, same reward and buildings can be introduced or some new buildings can be introduced.

For sure, dev's need to put some effort on few changes, but it will be one time effort and an extraordinary piece of work to appreciate with this change.
Hope, Dev's can bring this change, since it won't abuse any players, maintains balance very well and only makes dev's spend extra time to do some design and logic handling. Wishing very much for this change to happen, wholeheartedly!!!
If dev team take time till next year anniversary also fine for me. I can wait and accept this change. Whoever wish, can go for defense boost expedition too. I mentioned earlier to go either attack or defense. But your suggestion fits into my earlier thoughts very directly in a much more flexible way and opens a way for every (high-low-medium) players in the game.

If they played the game that could be true... I see a lot of new posters here all saying what your designers came up with once again breaks the game. If they had done their math they would have seen the goods costs are not sustainable. The pittance of added boost from buildings not enough for the mature city player to reasonably do the last battles in GE5. You drive players away...

When are you going to learn that designing a new addition must include early player input???
It's only one data point for GE in the Future Era but @MooingCat estimates that 10K goods are about what it will take to nego all 16 encounters. He hasn't broken the 10K down into TE and FE but 10K per GE season might be sustainable with a high level CF and a Star Gazer. As it stands now, battling all 16 is out of the question for all but a few players.