• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Beta567

Baronet
The whole rebalancing is around diamonds and fountains, they have to nerf them no matter what to "balance" the revenue.
yes, but FoY was in the initial version of GE1-4 rebalancing now they just cut it without announcing anything. Even if they announce this crap this is ridiculous because many strategies of many players are based on the FoY from GE. It looks stinky if it'll go live.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I remember when winning diamonds just wasn't a thing, if you wanted diamonds you had to buy them, then WW's came along and they were hard work and rare to get and then GE and GbG, diamonds are so abundant now, there does need to be a rebalance but this fragments of fragments of fragment ridiculous

CrashBoom

Legend
yes, but FoY was in the initial version of GE1-4 rebalancing now they just cut it without announcing anything. Even if they announce this crap this is ridiculous because many strategies of many players are based on the FoY from GE. It looks stinky if it'll go live.
maybe they just split it into 2 kits

and with 100 fragments for each of those kit (assuming the other also need 100) that is still much better than last week
there it was 720 fragments

Beta567

Baronet
I remember when winning diamonds just wasn't a thing, if you wanted diamonds you had to buy them, then WW's came along and they were hard work and rare to get and then GE and GbG, diamonds are so abundant now, there does need to be a rebalance but this fragments of fragments of fragment ridiculous
Hello pay to win. How are you? Just FYI. There are players out there who are interested more in getting diamonds by playing the game not just paying to the game.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Inno should go to the end of his thought, allow to earn diamonds again but that they are no longer common between the worlds of the same server.
After all why cities on one world could boost a city on another world when in the rules it is forbidden to exchange FP between two players present on 2 worlds (Player X gives 1,000 FP on A, while player Y restores 1,000 FP on K).
By always wanting everything without effort, we are more likely to lose everything...

Last edited:

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Hello pay to win. How are you? Just FYI. There are players out there who are interested more in getting diamonds by playing the game not just paying to the game.
Never said pay to win?? I compared todays abundance of diamonds with how it was previously,

you made such a huge assumption, yes at times I have and do buy diamonds as an appreciation for the game I have enjoyed playing for just over 10 years, do you get paid for going to work? or are you happy to work for free?

(in total over 10 years I will have spent less than £100 so around £10 a year yes sure P2W player)

CrashBoom

Legend
No thanks. I purchased diamonds without any regard to which world I was currently on because they're can be shared between worlds. If that were changed which world would they belong to?
bought diamonds could be spend on all worlds
only collected diamonds would be seperated per world

and when spending diamonds:
first the collected of that world would be spend
and if that reaches 0 the bought diamonds

I made that idea many years ago in the en forum

Kronan

Viceroy
In my beta inventory, I now see what you're all writing about - mainly, the objective levels for completing some of the reward kits have been dramatically reduced to 100 from the mind-bending levels they were at in the initial release (720, etc).

ALL of my SELECTION KITS in inventory (Levels: 1,2,3,4) NOW show 90/100 fragmented achievement. That's considerably better than weeks to complete. Since I finished GE (but didn't do GE 5), we're seeing only a small dilution for items from winning them in 1 week. Now it's just 2 weeks, vs 6 or 8 the way the new GE was originally.

This is, for the moment, an olive branch - aka a NICELY POSITIVE step.

I will wait to see the entire breadth and depth of the change package from an official beta communique, which is conspicuously absent at this time.

(forward posted by @Pericles the Lion: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expedition-update.16083/post-152533)

Primarily
- In regard to that, and @CrashBoom's point - did any of the fragmented earning amounts change that go to that reduced goal? I've finished GE (and it's over as well so I can't check the offering until tomorrow...)

I'm trying to assess if they lowered the bar, and ALSO lowered the encounter accrual amount to keep the ratio of time the same,

Secondly - so I don't see a FoY, or a FoY shrink kit choice in the LEVEL 4 SELECTION KIT. Are they missing or totally gone? Have they been put back into the GE game as direct wins from an encounter, as before?

Last edited:
@Juber, sorry to tag you ;)

INNO keeps missing opportunities to get ahead of the curve with regard to game changes. It seems that a recent update made changes to the number of fragments needed for buildings in GE 1-4 and there are questions about the continued availability of FoYs in GE. I cannot understand why players were not given a head's up about this. Instead, we get to speculate amongst ourselves while waiting until tomorrow to find out for ourselves. Little wonder that players are becoming more cynical by the day.

bought diamonds could be spend on all worlds
only collected diamonds would be seperated per world

and when spending diamonds:
first the collected of that world would be spend
and if that reaches 0 the bought diamonds

I made that idea many years ago in the en forum

I don't know the answer to this but I'm wondering if this would add significantly to server load.

Maybe not important at the individual player level but, for thousands of players across all servers, how much of an increase is needed to become a real pita.

CrashBoom

Legend
I don't know the answer to this but I'm wondering if this would add significantly to server load.

Maybe not important at the individual player level but, for thousands of players across all servers, how much of an increase is needed to become a real pita.
why ?

diamonds are already stored globally and not per world
that would then be the bought diamond counter

and one more number per world for collected diamonds on that world doesn't change much

I am wondering how many new numbers are needed for the next age: Titan
goods, each tech has a counter how much FP a player already has put in, world map (is a sector already infiltrated or conquered) ....

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
have you seen: all need only 100 fragments :D

but let's wait and see how many fragments we now can make per week ?????

then they can just rename it to
Terrace Farm Selection Kit :rolleyes:

and level 2 kit = Ritual Flame Selection Kit
They could easily make the SSW/Tribal Square also only SSW (tribal squares, and even level 2 ones, have never been good buildings - not even on a new world). Then rename the 1st one "GE decoration selection kit". 1/2/3/4 names all gone :p

Beta567

Baronet
Inno should go to the end of his thought, allow to earn diamonds again but that they are no longer common between the worlds of the same server.
After all why cities on one world could boost a city on another world when in the rules it is forbidden to exchange FP between two players present on 2 worlds (Player X gives 1,000 FP on A, while player Y restores 1,000 FP on K).
By always wanting everything without effort, we are more likely to lose everything...
I don't understand this first you're starting with the idea to block diamonds between the worlds and then you go with the example with FPs? Where is the logic between diamonds and fps abuse?
and also I don't understand that you are devaluing all the time what people invested in this game by creating all those diamond farms. Do you think it is not important anymore?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Here are the torches and pitchforks!
1566136080-angry-mob.png

Kommodor

Merchant
why the forgotten temple gives only +% FP and does not give 10-15 FP to the growth of the city. it will be a big extra help for the small players as their collection is not big enough and for the big players there will be a small bonus...