• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser9523

Couldn't you make the rewards a bit more unique and enticing... this just looks like a straight GvG replacement

Guild Battlegrounds will come with the following rewards:
  • Guild Power at the end of a season (the amount should be roughly in line from what you get in Guild Expeditions or GvG).
  • Fragments for a new, exclusive and upgradeable building - The Statue of Honor (the building is not in it's final state yet, there will be more output added to it in a future update).
  • Chance to gain Forge Points after each fight / negotiation. The amount that you get depends on the league you are playing in. In Diamond league for example, an active player should be able to get 100 to 200 Forge Points per day just from Guild Battlegrounds.
We think that the rewards are already enticing, but of course we will closely watch your feedback. :)

When Battlegrounds' session start? at midnight? at 8.00 AM?

It will start between 8.00am and 9.00am on Thursday!
In the future it should always be at 8.00 am. It's just for this very first time there is more manual stuff to be done in the background to start it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
the amount should be roughly in line from what you get in Guild Expeditions
I think this is the part where the previous comment about the age-dependent rewards get into play...

Will it be in line of what a guild made up of several SMA players gets in GE or what a full 80 player guild of Bronze-Age players will get?
For many, this will be a determining factor, whether they are gonna play the battlegrounds or focus on other game aspects that give more power for example.

I personally like that the reward is independent of the players age, because same effort should get repaid with same (or at least similar) rewards - problem is that the other/older main sources of guild power are very age dependent (as in many orders of magnitude different) - especially GE, but also HoF or GvG.

So it will be tricky to give rewards for battlegrounds that all players are satisfied with while at the same time keeping the existing features enticing enough for players to use.

I hope i will be positively surprised by the approach taken ;)

DeletedUser9523

The direct guild power reward at the end of a season is in line with "high age" outputs, if you so will.
We looked at the amount of Guild Power that top guilds generate within the existing GvG, and then used this as the baseline to determine the amount of Guild Power when winning in a Diamond League (as this is the top tier equivalent in Battlegrounds) - and lowered the amount down from there all the way up to Copper league.

The best possible amount of Guild Power a guild can get after one season is at about 550k.
The worst amount (i.e. when having a bad placement in copper league) is at about 40k.

So in that sense, the rewards of Battlegrounds are rather age-independent and were made to appeal to high-end players (and therefore, of course appeal to newer players as well).

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The best possible amount of Guild Power a guild can get after one season is at about 550k.
As this is about half of my guilds current total guild power it sounds a bit much at first, but on the other hand I doubt that my guild will get close to diamond league in the foreseeable future.

On the other hand this means that a TOP guild would need about 20 completed diamond seasons to gain enough power to get from level 99 to 100 without additional sources of power (about a year considering that not every season will be a win).

Comparing with HoF in the same timeframe (14 days), this 550k would be the output of about 70 motivated SAM HoFs - that sounds OK. A big guild of late gamers having 20 SAM players with 4 HoF each can do that no problem though...

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It's huge (+/- 40 000 per day for 14 days)
I looked for 14 worlds fr: the best guild wins in GvG between 30,000 (level 70 guild - prestige 31,500 of which 1,375 by level) and 12,000 according to the world. (fighting on future cards)
For a guild that only has players in small ages, even 20,000 a day is huge and it will be accessible.

20,000 is 1 day for level 11, 5 days for 21, 16 days for 31

Teak

Steward
@The Envoy

Is there any information about the bonus of enemy troops and its scaling in terms of the players age?
I’m other words: does the scaling for all players start at the same level and increases by the same amount (like GvG) or will it be like the expedition’s scaling?

DeletedUser8362

Guild Battlegrounds will come with the following rewards:
  • Guild Power at the end of a season (the amount should be roughly in line from what you get in Guild Expeditions or GvG).
  • Fragments for a new, exclusive and upgradeable building - The Statue of Honor (the building is not in it's final state yet, there will be more output added to it in a future update).
  • Chance to gain Forge Points after each fight / negotiation. The amount that you get depends on the league you are playing in. In Diamond league for example, an active player should be able to get 100 to 200 Forge Points per day just from Guild Battlegrounds.
We think that the rewards are already enticing, but of course we will closely watch your feedback. :)

I missed that we could win that many potential fps... :))

You made your point well and I am more than happy now...

Didn't like GvG that much anyway... this looks much better now...

DeletedUser9523

@The Envoy

Is there any information about the bonus of enemy troops and its scaling in terms of the players age?
I’m other words: does the scaling for all players start at the same level and increases by the same amount (like GvG) or will it be like the expedition’s scaling?

When you fight, you will always fight against units of your age.

The attack & defense bonusses of these enemies start at 0% for everyone.
With each successful action (fighting / negotiating), attrition rises and will increase the boosts of the enemy armies.
The scaling will be the same for everyone, so basically the more combat boosts you have, the longer you can keep pushing.

Early players with no or very few combat bonusses should be able to do about 10 battles a day. An advanced player with ~400% army boosts should be able to perform like 30 to 40 battles a day.

Attrition is currently capped so enemy armies can get up to a 1750% boost, whereas negotiations would cost 20 goods per try.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Did you really mean per day or did you mean per season?
It is an OK Number - He spoke of the Diamond league - lower leagues will have (much) lower rewards.

Most people that would end up in Diamond league have FP harvests far beyond 300 FP/day anyway - and that is only the fixed amount.

Teak

Steward
@The Envoy

Thanks, really appreciate the quick feedback <3

Just another question about the attrition:
Is it the same for trading and fighting or does it depend on the progress I make?

I win 1 fight and get 1 progress point on the sector- the attrition level goes up by 1

I trade once successfully, get e.g. 2 progress points -> will the attrition level go up by one ( successful fight/ trade) or by two (progress within the territory)

Last edited:

kaymedic

Marquis
With each successful action (fighting / negotiating), attrition rises and will increase the boosts of the enemy armies.
The scaling will be the same for everyone, so basically the more combat boosts you have, the longer you can keep pushing.

Early players with no or very few combat bonusses should be able to do about 10 battles a day. An advanced player with ~400% army boosts should be able to perform like 30 to 40 battles a day.

Will attrition rises for each player individually? And will there be easy, medium, strong armies to fight like in the daily challenges?

DeletedUser9523

Just another question about the attrition:
Is it the same for trading and fighting or does it depend on the progress I make?

I win 1 fight and get 1 progress point on the sector- the attrition level goes up by 1

I trade once successfully, get e.g. 2 progress points -> will the attrition level go up by one ( successful fight/ trade) or by two (progress within the territory)

Attrition increases only by doing a successful action.
If you contribute by fighting -> Attrition goes up by one.
If you contribute by negotiating -> Attrition goes up by one.

And then of course it resets at midnight. ;)

Will attrition rises for each player individually? And will there be easy, medium, strong armies to fight like in the daily challenges?

Yeah, attrition is for each player individually. This was intended so every member of the guild can do "his/her thing" at any point in time during the day to help the guild.

The armies that you fight are random within a range. They can be normal setups, or sometimes could even be two-wave battles.

Teak

Steward
How many guilds can you expect per league?
Will all guilds be distributed evenly across the leagues ( 20% each) or is there a cap, like 50 guilds in diamond, 150 in plat ...

DeletedUser9523

@The Envoy
How big will the leagues be?
Diamond top 10%
Platinum top 25-10%
Gold top 45-25%
Silver top 70-45%
Copper 100-70%

10% - Diamond
25% - Platinum
30% - Gold
25% - Silver
10% - Copper

Those should be the percentages of active guilds and their distribution among all leagues.
But keep in mind that the actual distribution is a bit more volatile due to guilds that become inactive or start joining. And then there is some general fluctuation in the calculation.
The bigger and more active the game world, the closer we will get to that distribution.
Also keep in mind that tomorrow on Beta, no guild will start in Diamond. This privilege needs to be earned through play. ;)

DeletedUser9033

It seems low 40 battles a day for an advanced player.
I would have preferred more than 100. Otherwise it will not replace the GvG
What is the incrementation please ?