• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

-Alin-

Emperor
But luckily it stays nerfed on beta for many more seasons..... woo-hoo.....
None forces You to play GbG, I quit it few weeks ago, and just fighting here and there when needed, time and real life stuff, university, etc are more important now for me.
As for GbG and half of Forge of Empires is dead to me already, I do care about events and GE, are the single things that I play now, and arranging my city with better stuff and efficiency.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I'm glad to see that GBG is going to be revisited again. I reckon that many players didn't like the nerf, but I also hoped it wouldn't go back to its original balancing. Let's see what happens :)

Yekk

Viceroy
But luckily it stays nerfed on beta for many more seasons..... woo-hoo.....

The problem is Inno now admits the minuscule nerf was not enough. That balancing which has been asked for for the last 3 years is needed... 6 months of the nerf here already and another 6 months to get fixes which should have been in the nerf. I can not call this a win for Inno or the players in any way...

Demeter7

Squire
I really think that many may lose interest in GBG. I was looking forward to "something" happening early this year. I really don't think that it will be any fun spending another year getting bounced up and down between getting beached by greedy guilds in upper diamond down to working with slower guilds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I really think that many may lose interest in GBG. I was looking forward to "something" happening early this year. I really don't think that it will be any fun spending another year getting bounced up and down between getting beached by greedy guilds in upper diamond down to working with slower guilds.
Many already have lost interest. While diamond's been starting to get smaller, platinum rounds have only gotten more sad. I had one platinum round in a recent season that was reminiscent of old silver rounds. End of the first day : "Hey we're the only guild with a province!" Which given that I didn't really want to play at the time anyways was just fine with me :p

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Just as I said months ago, not touching anything else but how SCs work is not enough.
  • What about other buildings like Traps and Fortresses? I expect on Beta these are hardly ever placed, on Live it's much more different (depends on the server, as some servers lean towards mostly farming, others do fight for the 1st spot)
  • Rewards, especially the buildings you can only obtain from GBG?
  • As others mentioned, changes regarding matchmaking?
  • ...etc?
So I'm okay with the delay, as I don't consider the current state of GBG good enough to be deployed to Live, but why does it take this long to adjust things, I have no idea. This thread was created on 2022.06.28, so more than half a year passed, and...nothing has changed? Any change applied to GBG takes a long time to test because of the nature how GBG works, at this speed...if the goal is to make GBG into something what was the goal in the beginning (fighting battleground for guilds, probably even replace GvG with it?!), the changes won't be applied to Live not even before the end of this year.

mcbluefire

Baronet
While I definitely appreciate the update (and on a weekend, no less!) I really feel they should pull the single nerf from Beta so the folks who love their beta cities can work on them as much as like live until the multiple changes are ready to be released. Also, this should help prevent any issues in live that are not caught in beta due to the difference. I don't think I'm alone in experiencing many more "An error has occurred," "Sorry and Internal Error has occured" in the middle of a two defender battle, or "Error 500, internal server errors" in GbG over the last couple of months than I have in years prior. While it may all be due to FoE Helper listeners or display of FP while in GbG I think there may be something with the Inno code as well..

Owl II

Emperor
I mean the number of guilds in diamond is less than it was at its peak on the older servers I play on.
It is interesting. The number of diamond guilds in all the old worlds known to me stabilized in the summer of 2020 and has not changed since then. What you are talking about can only mean that the total number of guilds has become smaller in your worlds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It is interesting. The number of diamond guilds in all the old worlds known to me stabilized in the summer of 2020 and has not changed since then. What you are talking about can only mean that the total number of guilds has become smaller in your worlds.
Total number of "participating" guilds, yes (participating being loosely defined as remaining signed up :p A guild that doesn't re-signup to battlegrounds after an inactive season doesn't count). I recall it as over 60 diamond guilds at peak and it's been at 51-52 for the last few months.

I believe participation levels have plummeted overall as noted by platinum rounds that feel like silver used to. And the natural extension of that is some guilds that have slipped further to just not playing it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
"eventually adjust or postpone any of our original plans, including the GBG changes"

strategic retreat without losing face ^^

No changes needed.
It's the players' fault if they can't fit into strong guilds and then only lose.
Join a strong guild, be a team-player, have fun --> problem solved.
And GBG turns into GvG with the majority of the game's population ignoring it ;) It is the direction it's headed, and this is not an outcome inno is going to want.

Yekk

Viceroy
I am also seeing the number of guilds in Diamond as lowering. The quality also is less with more pure platinum guilds staying longer in D-lite and 1K.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
We share your feelings about GBG, so, among other plans, we would like to revisit GBG later this year to introduce more changes that will hopefully help us improve the feature.
I'm sorry but I don't understand.
As much as I appreciate seeing that you are not ignoring us by posting a message about the GbG, but my level of English is insufficient to define whether it is a lack of respect or a refusal to recognize your wrongs.

If you are aware that the nerf alone is not enough, why not integrate now the second phase of testing for a possible balancing?
The whole community is unanimous on matchmaking!

If you know that GBG is important for players, why put off other changes?
I suspect that you are busy with the future age and the anniversary event, but do not forget that it has been 7 months that we undergo this test without any transparency on your part.

Failing to change your test, you could at least inform us about the axes of reflection taken by the team in charge of GbG.