• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
If it can be done with coordinating then I see no reason it couldn’t be done without coordinating as long as you have momentum going.

I remember when GBG was much newer. At the time I was in the top Guild for the world I was playing, and we quite successfully managed to read our opponents intentions without ever speaking a single word to them. Likewise the other strongest Guild for the map read our intentions through observation and we’d do a sort of dance that may have resembled swaps, but had no communication involved.

Yet I’ve seen many people say it’s impossible to do any kind of swap without physically talking. Personally I find once you involve talking it drastically decreases the speed of the swaps as everyone’s then waiting for the other Guild to give permission
The point is you can stand somewhere, hold camps for a partner in free seasons, when there is no threat. Slowly take a tile from 2-3 camps. Just wait for a colleague from another guild, if at some point they don't have anyone online. Open tile does not stand more than a few seconds in the fighting season (maybe a minute). And if you don't take this tile in a minute, then the opponent will take it with a high probability. This is a frenzied pace that you will never reach in the farming season.

Beta King

Viceroy
GBG is supposed to be a team sport but you do you.
So this has been going in beta for 7 months has any guild you know of assigned their team members exactly when to play to pull off swaps or is it truly unrealistic as i say and people just hit what they can when they can to burn attrition which make the most sense? Anyone doing this in beta? GBG will not longer be a guild and specifically guild leader coordinated portion of the game it will be exactly like GE where leaders beg their players to use their attrition each day to try and stay in diamond so they can keep the 10 FPs while they are burning their attrition. This is how i see it working in live but maybe i'm wrong.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
Whole GBG in the current format sucks big time. High attrition rate amongst GBG leaders as GBG has become one of the worst selfish part of the game. No one really wants to sit and manage/coordinate tiles with other guilds.
Yes they should just scrap GBG and GVG completely and everyone just play GE and take turns taking spots on each others great buildings and mix in a little sniping so there wont be a need for guild leaders other than to complain about people not finishing their GE and to create and delete fancy threads in the guild tab!

mcbluefire

Baronet
Yes they should just scrap GBG and GVG completely and everyone just play GE and take turns taking spots on each others great buildings and mix in a little sniping so there wont be a need for guild leaders other than to complain about people not finishing their GE and to create and delete fancy threads in the guild tab!
Yeah, we could use a little Holiday! Excellent idea. ;)

mcbluefire

Baronet
Since they are INNOvating new revenue streams .they should just charge $$$ for every single Siege Camp....
That will slow GBG down a bit and give those wealthy brawlers in the beached guilds a way to map center...

Or a "GbG Season Pass" for $15 that let's you (and only you) place up to 100 SCs and you get the benefit of 100%+ with 5+ surrounding a sector. The rest of the guild has to get their own.

Since they are INNOvating new revenue streams .they should just charge $$$ for every single Siege Camp....
That will slow GBG down a bit and give those wealthy brawlers in the beached guilds a way to map center...
Or a "GbG Season Pass" for $15 that let's you (and only you) place up to 100 SCs and you get the benefit of 100%+ with 5+ surrounding a sector. The rest of the guild has to get their own.
No wonder INNO does not bother to provide any comments on this thread.

many complain about the boring farming and lack of competition in GBG, this could - as i see it - maybe be fixed by a new exclusive building (maybe it could also be an upgrade kit for a level 3 sentinel outpost)

Shards for it could only be obtained at the end of a gbg round, only for members of
rank # 1-3 guilds, and the amount of shards for each individual would also be determined by the level of activity in that gbg round.

500 shards would be needed to complete one kit.

The 3 most active players in the #1 ranked guild would get 150 shards; the #4-6 players 140 shards, the #7-9 players 130 shards. The # 10 - 20 players 110 shards. Everyone below: 50 Shards

The #1-3 players in the #2 guild 130 shards, the #4-6 players 120 shards, the #7-9 players 110 shards. The # 10 - 20 players 90 shards. Everyone below: 30 Shards

The #1-3 players in the #3 guild 110 shards, the #4-6 players 100 shards, the #7-9 players 90 shards. The # 10 - 20 players 70 shards. Everyone below: 10 Shards

if you want me to post this in the idea thread, please vote this post up (to check if this idea got enough support, because then i need your upvote in the ideas thread too)

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
many complain about the boring farming and lack of competition in GBG, this could - as i see it - maybe be fixed by a new exclusive building (maybe it could also be an upgrade kit for a level 3 sentinel outpost)

Shards for it could only be obtained at the end of a gbg round, only for members of
rank # 1-3 guilds, and the amount of shards for each individual would also be determined by the level of activity in that gbg round.

500 shards would be needed to complete one kit.

The 3 most active players in the #1 ranked guild would get 150 shards; the #4-6 players 140 shards, the #7-9 players 130 shards. The # 10 - 20 players 110 shards. Everyone below: 50 Shards

The #1-3 players in the #2 guild 130 shards, the #4-6 players 120 shards, the #7-9 players 110 shards. The # 10 - 20 players 90 shards. Everyone below: 30 Shards

The #1-3 players in the #3 guild 110 shards, the #4-6 players 100 shards, the #7-9 players 90 shards. The # 10 - 20 players 70 shards. Everyone below: 10 Shards

if you want me to post this in the idea thread, please vote this post up (to check if this idea got enough support, because then i need your upvote in the ideas thread too)
They've already done it once. They introduced a wonderful building Road to Victory only for platinum and diamond. For everyone who is playing this at least somehow. AD is satisfied.:D

A great example of how easy it is to correct some of the GBG problems. A great example of how developers can ruin a working idea

They've already done it once. They introduced a wonderful building Road to Victory only for platinum and diamond. For everyone who is playing this at least somehow. AD is satisfied.:D

A great example of how easy it is to correct some of the GBG problems. A great example of how developers can ruin a working idea
yea but those rewards are very bad and kind of usless.

Statue gives 0 attack, while the elephant gives very low, other buildings are much better.
Nutrcacker for example would be better choice as reward.
Anything more valuable.... THe rewards are to low to fight for

Owl II

Emperor
yea but those rewards are very bad and kind of usless.

Statue gives 0 attack, while the elephant gives very low, other buildings are much better.
Nutrcacker for example would be better choice as reward.
Anything more valuable.... THe rewards are to low to fight for
Right. That's why I said: the idea is good, but the implementation can be.. as usual:)

1BFA

Viceroy
Inno cut ...well somewhat cut Champion point farming in GVG by changing the DAs.. When will inno stop point farming in GBG? Where is the so called balance in points/ranking?

Inno also capped the # of RQs one can do. Will there be a cap on stuff in GBG?

Right now bots run both GVG and GBG hurting actual players and driving them away from game.