• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
You call a 174K encounter season a "fighting" season and then ask what the purpose of "collaboration" is? Are you serious? You could not have gotten to 174K in a season without close coordination (i.e. "collaboration") with the guild that you were "fighting". Your guild was farming in both seasons, just like my main world guild does. At least I have the courage to admit it.
Have you been there? did you see that? Then maybe you noticed a third guild that was trying to bite off its piece of "colobration"? None of the coastal residents even passed the 4th round in the second season. And here it is, a recipe for a quality farm from Owl: you need a third party to keep your "good friend" in tonus

Good question. 8 years long or even longer :) I think it's a matter of price. Such things are not cheap. And besides, FOE is a very old game. It was made by several generations of game designers, and at the moment the program code looks like an old patched blanket. It's easier to throw it out and buy a new one. Inno buys new(new games), but for some reason does not want to throw FOE yet :)
In fact it is more like tradition for old gamers.

In my guild there are a bunch of players who started they journey with the game and they cant image game w/o GvG. And its the only reasont to come. 20:00 every day they are present and fighting. They hate GB, cuz it demand more activity and is boring for them.
And in fact GvG was very interesting when it was added. I think they still remember the feeling when this was added, how hard it was back then, goods, no alctaraz, etc etc. and thats why they are so stick to it.
Therefore IG dont want to delete it (sadly) cuz thos players will really leave game. (not like those saying they will stop after GB nerf - i hate this idea but will not stop playing)

thos guys after deleating GvG will really stop playing cuz all activiity for them will end. (sadly they dont want t participate in GB)

Owl II

Emperor
@Owl II @Pericles the Lion

thats why the GBG nerf is bad, because in its current form you never know in advance (except maybe for the top 10 guilds each server) what the next season will offer: it can be a farm fest, a struggle for not descending, a war against a particular competing or enemy guild, a diplomatic struggle, or it can also be a relaxed round where you cant get alot of fights in.
Oh, no. Nerf is so bad because he doesn't change anything in this stupid farm. Only makes it slower and more dull. And no one will solve GBG problems while it is being "tested". Read: no one will ever solve GBG problems

Owl II

Emperor
In fact it is more like tradition for old gamers.

In my guild there are a bunch of players who started they journey with the game and they cant image game w/o GvG. And its the only reasont to come. 20:00 every day they are present and fighting. They hate GB, cuz it demand more activity and is boring for them.
And in fact GvG was very interesting when it was added. I think they still remember the feeling when this was added, how hard it was back then, goods, no alctaraz, etc etc. and thats why they are so stick to it.
Therefore IG dont want to delete it (sadly) cuz thos players will really leave game. (not like those saying they will stop after GB nerf - i hate this idea but will not stop playing)

thos guys after deleating GvG will really stop playing cuz all activiity for them will end. (sadly they dont want t participate in GB)
Initially, GvG is a fun in its purest form. It's adrenaline, it's teamwork, it's finally close communication with guild colleagues and allies. Live communication. No tons of FP from GBG will replace this. GBG was made to give players an equivalent replacement. Instead, he caused damage to the GvG, but did not give anything in return.

I understand your old players. They know very well how to get FP in this game without sitting here for days. We have a different situation: the team is young, they were brought up on the farm. GvG for them is an anachronism that is not worth wasting time and resources. But when they are fed up and tired, they start looking for something in GBG that is not there or is extremely rare

Have you been there? did you see that? Then maybe you noticed a third guild that was trying to bite off its piece of "colobration"? None of the coastal residents even passed the 4th round in the second season. And here it is, a recipe for a quality farm from Owl: you need a third party to keep your "good friend" in tonus
How about a simple "yes" or "no" question? During your 174K encounter season were your Guild's GBG leaders communicating with any of the other Guilds' leaders to coordinate hitting and/or closing sectors?

Owl II

Emperor
How about a simple "yes" or "no" question? During your 174K encounter season were your Guild's GBG leaders communicating with any of the other Guilds' leaders to coordinate hitting and/or closing sectors?
You were there, you know everything without my answers.:rolleyes:

In the first season, these were the top-1 and top-3 guilds at that time, which traditionally feud with each other on the GvG. No, none of the three of us talked to anyone, I'm sure. And when two guild worked hard to get the third one off the map, it didn't require any extra coordination. All three of us rested on the shore alternately. Everyone is experienced, everyone knows what to do;)
I'll tell you more: once we played classical chess without any coordination at all. It turned out great. And I will say even more: for us, the most valuable part in any season with partners was not the farm itself, but the opportunity to communicate and interact with friendly players of other guilds. In a group where everyone hates each other and tolerates only because of a pair of FP, it loses all meaning.

You were there, you know everything without my answers.:rolleyes:

In the first season, these were the top-1 and top-3 guilds at that time, which traditionally feud with each other on the GvG. No, none of the three of us talked to anyone, I'm sure. And when two guild worked hard to get the third one off the map, it didn't require any extra coordination. All three of us rested on the shore alternately. Everyone is experienced, everyone knows what to do;)
I'll tell you more: once we played classical chess without any coordination at all. It turned out great. And I will say even more: for us, the most valuable part in any season with partners was not the farm itself, but the opportunity to communicate and interact with friendly players of other guilds. In a group where everyone hates each other and tolerates only because of a pair of FP, it loses all meaning.
TLDR. A simple "yes" or "no" would have done the trick.

No, pure fantasy is thinking the attrition nerf fixes anything, other than limiting individual rewards.
You are not correct. As INNO say stated, repeatedly, the nerf will fix the problem with zero attrition. This is fact, not fantasy. Will it limit personal rewards? For some, most definitely. For others, it is unclear because only INNO has this data and they have not released it to the players. The information supplied by the few players on this forum that bothered to share it is inconclusive. At the end of the day, the nerf's impact on player rewards matters only if INNO thinks that it matters.

Beta King

Viceroy
It's an exercise in scheduling. In RL, managers do it all the time. I think that getting the 5 swap rosters filled would prove to be easier than you think. That is, of course, if you are interested in swapping the entire map post-nerf.
Making the schedule is not the hard part but telling grown men and women when they are required to play a game just doesn't jive, at least not with me. You can schedule it if you like and i will still be on when i like and if i havent burnt my attrition when i last get on guess what i will be burning wherever.

Beta King

Viceroy
Over 5,000 responses on this thread... most against the nerf....
Too bad no one is listening.... Just INNOvating more ways to milk player $$$....
Shall we go for 10,000 unread responses?
We might as well go for 10k because i don't think a decision will be made this year(must collect "enough" data),so i feel we just waiting for Juber to announce such sometime around late October early November just like last year.

Making the schedule it not the hard part but telling grown men and women when they are required to play a game just doesn't jive, at least not with me. You can schedule it if you like and i will still be on when i like and if i havent burnt my attrition when i last get on guess what i will be burning wherever.
GBG is supposed to be a team sport but you do you.

Owl II

Emperor
So, you are saying that your guild managed to complete 174K GBG encounters in a single season without coordinating the effort with the opposing guild(s). That is pure fantasy.
You are ..... let me think... person with a limited outlook. If you haven't seen something or don't know about something, then it doesn't exist. No matter how many times you have been poked in your incompetence, you will continue to persist. Well, show me at least one screenshot, where your guild, which does not know how to hit the coastal tiles, has filled 174k fights with coordinating

Emberguard

Emperor
So, you are saying that your guild managed to complete 174K GBG encounters in a single season without coordinating the effort with the opposing guild(s). That is pure fantasy.
If it can be done with coordinating then I see no reason it couldn’t be done without coordinating as long as you have momentum going.

I remember when GBG was much newer. At the time I was in the top Guild for the world I was playing, and we quite successfully managed to read our opponents intentions without ever speaking a single word to them. Likewise the other strongest Guild for the map read our intentions through observation and we’d do a sort of dance that may have resembled swaps, but had no communication involved.

Yet I’ve seen many people say it’s impossible to do any kind of swap without physically talking. Personally I find once you involve talking it drastically decreases the speed of the swaps as everyone’s then waiting for the other Guild to give permission

If it can be done with coordinating then I see no reason it couldn’t be done without coordinating as long as you have momentum going.
174K in a season is approximately 100 sectors per day for 11 days. Considering the 4-hour lockdown and the time required to capture sectors. it works out to about 20 sectors every 5 hours. So far, this sounds like a typical swap amongst upper-tier D1K guilds. However, it takes two to tango and all guilds involved would need to have their "momentum going" simultaneously for the entire season. Sorry, I just don't think that 174K (or 100K for that matter) without inter-guild communication is possible. Even if it were remotely possible why leave a GBG season up to chance when setting up an inter-guild message thread is so easy?

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
You are not correct. As INNO say stated, repeatedly, the nerf will fix the problem with zero attrition. This is fact, not fantasy. Will it limit personal rewards? For some, most definitely. For others, it is unclear because only INNO has this data and they have not released it to the players. The information supplied by the few players on this forum that bothered to share it is inconclusive. At the end of the day, the nerf's impact on player rewards matters only if INNO thinks that it matters.
You are correct. It does only compromise p-low attrition. Since both are made impossible with this change. It also has very little, if any, impact on the small guilds. At least at the live servers.
In the following leagues it will have little to no impact. As SC are either rare or non existence:

Bronze
Silver
Gold (light to medium)

Gold heavy is only slightly impacted. As SC tend to be build in some seasons but are few in numbers. Most guilds relay on numbers and strengths of members, group coordination and estimating what the rivals are up to and anticipating on it. While barely relaying on SC. Last season in gold heavy, for example 2 out of 7 guilds used a few SC. The other guilds didn’t.
From platina light onwards it starts to slightly to moderately impact guilds. Since only in platina light, medium to heavy usage of SC and radiance on them appear. Some seasons in platina light are up to half of the guilds using SC. Though it’s not a full reliance.

The hardest hit by this improvement are those that relay heavily on SC. Particularly the 0-low attrition.

Further more, don’t worry though, @jovada and a few others have tried to explain the other side of this improvement many times. It’s simple wasted time and energy cause it’s an echo chamber. The only “correct” opinion and use of GbF is: be in a 1kD guild, overwhelm rivals, beaching them, cashing out as many rewards and battles as possible by using SC as is and repeat every season. This improvement compromises this “correct” way of playing and thus is bad. Any other opinion, observation or on any other way of disagreement of this “correct” way, is equally bad, if not worse, as change, judged as false or in another way rejected. Arguing in a echo chamber against the strain is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are, the bird will fly up and flatter on the board like it won anyways.

Nothing will be forwarded out of this topic anyways. Cause it’s rightfully observed and concluded for what it is: echo chamber. A repeating discussion with the same conclusion: confirmation bias. Inno does the right thing by muting this echo chamber for themselves and looking into unbiased data collected from the servers instead.

Emberguard

Emperor
174K in a season is approximately 100 sectors per day for 11 days. Considering the 4-hour lockdown and the time required to capture sectors. it works out to about 20 sectors every 5 hours.

174,000 / 11 = 15,818 fights a day
15,818 / 160 per sector = 98.86 sectors (let‘s round up to 99)

24 hrs / 4 = 6 rounds
99 / 6 = 16.5 sectors required…. Out of 61

61 - 8 = 53 workable tiles.
(16.5 / 53) x 100 = 31% of the map.

If we go with your estimate of 20 tiles, then it’s still only 37% of the map. As long as you have a active opponent(s) that’s plenty of room to get in the fights necessary

Even if it were remotely possible why leave a GBG season up to chance when setting up an inter-guild message thread is so easy?
if you know what you’re doing then it’s not upto chance. Interguild threads are only useful if you need them. If you don’t need them then all it accomplishes is making everything take longer. For some Guilds those threads are incredibly useful. But for others it just results in conflicts where you otherwise wouldn’t have had one

Last edited: