• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
GBG balancing ....

Inside GBG Map changes:
If any guild member open the GBG map, only the member's guild name and guild icon should be represented correctly.
Other guild names should be given names like Guild 1, Guild 2...etc and common guild battle (or new) icon for all other guilds in the GBG map.
Even the guild logs also represents the same pattern. And in guild ranking window also same modification.
Once the season gets over, if our guild placed in top 3 position just mention which position we achieved in the resulting window.
If no position achieved, just say "better luck next time". Do not display the other top 3 guild names in the final resulting window.
Flag and sector colors no changes needed.

Live Servers GBG Match-up Logic:
Make the guild GBG match ups by including same server with different worlds like GE with additional algorithm steps like,
- From every world collect all guild details in the given server where we play GBG.

- Next, calculate the average attacking army 'attack' strength of each guild present in every world.
How? by collecting attacking army attack strength of every member in the guild,
find the total attack strength value of all members in the guild
and divide it with total members count and round off the value to the nearest number.
Final number is the average attack strength of entire guild.

- By doing above step to all guilds, we got all guilds average attack strength from the current server.
Now List them in the descending order like highest to lower.
There are chances to see duplicates average value to few of the guilds,
If that happens descending order gets decided based on the following things,
guild creation date or total members count or total members with higher age/era or just by guild name alphabetical order.

- Now we have the highest to lowest guild listing based on the average attacking army attack strength.
From this, make a partition of 8 guilds starting from top to bottom of the list,
and initiate the GBG match-ups for each partition set of 8 guilds.
Only last partition set gets the chance of not having 8 guilds depending on the total guild count from all worlds in the server.

Beta Server Logic:
- Beta server has only one world, so algorithm steps will be limited to guilds available in that world.
- Except multiple world guild mixing concept, remaining live server steps are applicable to the beta server.

Known Facts:
Not picked the attacking army defense strength to get the overall strength. It plays an major role for some guilds in the GBG. If Attack strength zero means, having 1000 attacking army defense percentage strength also end-up losing only. So didn't pick the guilds match-ups with attacking army defense strength value. But it is the only secret weapon in this approach for all the guild players doing GBG battles.

Happy fighting to all :cool: and No one knows whom they are fighting ;)!!
Few years back discussing the same content regarding removing the guild names not sure where the discussion happened, but it is like old-school approach only. It will make the GBG as a serious place. Purpose to remove the guild name understood and I can agree for it, but at the same time for that purpose, why to remove something which looks good in the UI (original names displaying is good) I can disagree for it with heavy heart, by knowing very well that names are the main root cause for farming/checkers/allies etc. Still thinking if there is any better way to hide names and make the UI look better.

Other than this GBG match-up logic with all guilds from the current server including every world, I can support for it whole heartedly. Just read it twice and didn't find any issues with the algorithm till now. Need some more time to think deep about it.

joyfulrider

Squire
Still thinking if there is any better way to hide names and make the UI look better.
Hope my suggestion helps everyone playing and the business too.

They can hide the names as per their wish, and If they want to reveal any guild names, ask them to spend diamonds in a incremental pattern or real money.

Diamonds:
1st attempt - 6500
2nd attempt - 10000
3rd attempt - 10000
4th attempt - 15000
5th attempt - 15000
6th attempt - 20000
7th attempt - 20000

Real Cash:
Guild name reveal item (something new item Dev's can think of releasing it to ) purchase from forge plus package where the item amount team can decide based on the server location market price and per season only 7 purchase max only possible for that item. When players purchase, guild name revealing done automatically, which guild name is system decision only :cool:

Any guilds who like farming or anything close to that, please boost the company and do it;)
kungfupanda_strikes.png

Beta King

Viceroy
How about addind whoever spends diamonds building anything they get free attrition for 30 minutes :cool:
That would help inno and us
Do away with the camps completely and just charge for attrition reduction 50 diamonds for 30 minutes of free fights per person. No diamonds take your attrition! I think this is a great idea!

How about addind whoever spends diamonds building anything they get free attrition for 30 minutes :cool:
Then adding multiple buildings will become useless. Also, per building already diamond spending is there, now want to enjoy free attrition also by spending. Seems pointless to club attrition free with building spending diamonds.

CrashBoom

Legend
you don't get free attrition for 50 diamonds
you need at least 5 camps (on live with no cap)

so it would be at least 250 diamonds ;)

and in that time the rewards shouldn't include diamonds :D

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet

They can hide the names as per their wish, and If they want to reveal any guild names, ask them to spend diamonds in a incremental pattern or real money.

Diamonds:
1st attempt - 6500
2nd attempt - 10000
3rd attempt - 10000
4th attempt - 15000
5th attempt - 15000
6th attempt - 20000
7th attempt - 20000

Real Cash:
Guild name reveal item (something new item Dev's can think of releasing it to ) purchase from forge plus package where the item amount team can decide based on the server location market price and per season only 7 purchase max only possible for that item. When players purchase, guild name revealing done automatically, which guild name is system decision only :cool:

Any guilds who like farming or anything close to that, please boost the company and do it;)
View attachment 8822
Don't have any worries to append this logic with my suggestion shared.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master

Diamonds:
1st attempt - 6500
2nd attempt - 10000
3rd attempt - 10000
4th attempt - 15000
5th attempt - 15000
6th attempt - 20000
7th attempt - 20000

Real Cash:

View attachment 8822
Myself always against to something relates to money while playing the game. It may solve the problem of guild name hiding but feeling hard to accept money can make someone enjoy however they want.

Anyhow, If PO said "skadoosh" nothing can be used as a defense!!

Diamonds:
1st attempt - 6500
2nd attempt - 10000
3rd attempt - 10000
4th attempt - 15000
5th attempt - 15000
6th attempt - 20000
7th attempt - 20000

Real Cash:

View attachment 8822
Compared to diamonds, real cash spending seems logical.

If my understanding correct, guild leaders will do the spending same as province buildings. I don't see a chance where members will agree to do the spending for it.

So, if any normal player attempt to purchase the item, they won't be able to purchase it due to not having the permission or role.

I like this!!

mcbluefire

Baronet
I don't like anything in a game that takes an existing system and moves it behind a paywall. Want to add a new system with a paywall - that's okay. May upset some of us (Castle, Event Pass), but at least it's a new concept and even for $12K doesn't add a hugely unbalancing affect.

While I appreciate the spirit of the ideas offered above (would be kinda fun blind coordinating) it's just removing something existing and putting it behind a paywall.

Dessire

Regent
How about adding whoever spends diamonds building anything they get free attrition for 30 minutes :cool:
Are you aware that GbG was originally created to be a place where you can have another extra place to give your guild a better position in the ranking and show the others which guild is the best in the world where you play and not a place to farm fps, diamonds, etc? . . .

Beta King

Viceroy
Are you aware that GbG was originally created to be a place where you can have another extra place to give your guild a better position in the ranking and show the others which guild is the best in the world where you play and not a place to farm fps, diamonds, etc? . . .
But everyone in diamond gets the same amount of ranking so it really doesn't distinguish any one guild over another. That's why people swap rather than fight each other.

mcbluefire

Baronet

Then the devs really have no clue what they are doing since GvG (with no rewards) still has final determination regarding rank and GbG rewards were enormous since day 1. It was only us (the players) who did not realize exactly what a Seige Camp was going to provide during the first couple of seasons.

GbG is just a "must do" in order to be up in rankings, but GvG must be done to move that rank up above the 3rd page.

mcbluefire

Baronet
For fun, though, I looked up the original announcement about GbG in beta and sure enough, to Dessire's credit they did mention ranking as one of the main rewards:

When a battleground ends, guilds may obtain various rewards which depend on placement:
  • Prestige Points for the ranking
  • Guild Power
  • Each member will get fragments for a completely new, upgradeable building that will provide Guild Power, Guild Treasury Goods and Forge Points
However, their actual stated intent was to provide something better than GvG that could be used on both platforms,
What is "Guild Battlegrounds" about?

In this new feature, all guilds who want to participate will be matchmade into various battlegrounds. Each battleground is its own map that holds five to eight guilds and will last for ten days.

Within each battleground, the participating guilds will fight for victory by holding as many provinces as possible for as long as possible.
-and-
In the past few months, we have been thinking about what to do with the current browser-only feature: Guild versus Guild (GvG). Since its release, we knew GvG was a very complex feature, in technical and usability terms. We know that this, along with its many issues and lack of scalability, has rendered GvG the one feature that is used by only a very few of you out there. Less than 5% of you are playing the feature, while for Guild Expeditions it is 10 times more. These numbers clearly show we can do better - our aim is to provide you with a more approachable, understandable and technically stable gaming experience. Forge of Empires has evolved over the last few years, as has the game team, and we want every feature in our game to be appealing to, and for, as many of you as possible.
[..]
With everything above in mind, we believe the right path is not to bring GvG to mobile but instead to develop a brand-new Guild feature to run alongside it, on all platforms. So, we are going to develop a new feature containing several strong elements of the current browser GvG but we also will add additional layers to it and shape it in a comprehensible and accessible manner. Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
GbG is just a "must do" in order to be up in rankings, but GvG must be done to move that rank up above the 3rd page.
Except that (at least on the servers where I participate) there is a majority of players who cannot access GvG, because they only play via their phone/tablet.
Do you therefore find it logical that an element of the game with consequences is not accessible to everyone?

mcbluefire

Baronet
Except that (at least on the servers where I participate) there is a majority of players who cannot access GvG, because they only play via their phone/tablet.
Do you therefore find it logical that an element of the game with consequences is not accessible to everyone?

I wasn't arguing for GvG, just stating that it is still the defacto final determination in a guild's ranking. Personally I think that GvG should lose prestige from the sectors. Guild power earnings can remain. Players should be rewarded when a sector is taken if they got any wins in to help take it - whether it be FPs, units, or other things like GbG does, just not after each battle.

Then GvG has personal rewards and guild power.... the problem is how then do we break the ties of all the LP1000 guilds for ranking? ;)

GvG should be scrapped.... The prestige and Guild power earnings should be added to GBG rankings... but only for the winning guild and the second place guild... 2/3's to the top guild and 1/3 to the runner - up.... Then they might not be quite as farm friendly....