• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

HunZ95

Squire
How so? Please explain.
how do i explain it?
you can test it yourself.
but even though it counts those battles as 2, its still 1, because you dont get a reward for it, or anything else.
but you also have 2 different battle numbers within the game. there are more battles on the leaderboard (statistics pages are use this) than what is written on your profile page.

and in the top guilds, those few players collect many battles at night, but the statistics pages count the 2-round battles as 2 battles, so these are also quite distorted data and do not reflect reality.
how do i explain it?
you can test it yourself.
but even though it counts those battles as 2, its still 1, because you dont get a reward for it, or anything else.
but you also have 2 different battle numbers within the game. there are more battles on the leaderboard (statistics pages are use this) than what is written on your profile page.
I'll rephrase my question. How does the practice of counting 1-wave encounters as one battle and 2-wave encounters as two battles distort the data and not reflect reality? It's obvious that every player's battle count includes both single, and double, wave encounters. So, when comparing players' battle statistics there is no "distortion" unless you know something that has eluded me.

HunZ95

Squire
I'll rephrase my question. How does the practice of counting 1-wave encounters as one battle and 2-wave encounters as two battles distort the data and not reflect reality? It's obvious that every player's battle count includes both single, and double, wave encounters. So, when comparing players' battle statistics there is no "distortion" unless you know something that has eluded me.
here is 1 example. 2 players, one has 10000 battles, the other has 2000 battles, difference is 8000 battles.
if 25% of battles consist of 2 turns: number of real battles: 7500 for the first player , 1500 for the second, difference is 6000 battles.

jovada

Regent
here is 1 example. 2 players, one has 10000 battles, the other has 2000 battles, difference is 8000 battles.
if 25% of battles consist of 2 turns: number of real battles: 7500 for the first player , 1500 for the second, difference is 6000 battles.
except that in GbG you have no "distortion" when you do 100 fights it shows 100 fights , there is no 2 battles for double wave, so when you do 10.000 fights it's 10.000 fights and not 7500 like you say.

HunZ95

Squire
except that in GbG you have no "distortion" when you do 100 fights it shows 100 fights , there is no 2 battles for double wave, so when you do 10.000 fights it's 10.000 fights and not 7500 like you say.
yes, within the game, gbg shows battle numbers normally. but i doubt you have access to all guilds gbg stats broken down into members.

I get it. But how does this, to use your word, "distort" the data and not reflect reality? I'll answer for you...it doesn't. When comparing the battle statistics of a group of players it doesn't matter if you are comparing "encounters" (where 1-wave and 2-wave both count as one) or "battles" (where 1-wave counts as 1 battle, 2-wave as 2). Provided the comparison is "encounters" with "encounters" or "battles" with "battles" it is still comparing apples with apples.

Last edited:
yes, within the game, gbg shows battle numbers normally. but i doubt you have access to all guilds gbg stats broken down into members.
@jovada, you are correct. In GBG, the member contribution counts encounters, not battles. However, as @HunZ95 points out, these numbers are only available to the guild members, not outsiders. So, whenever we talk collectively about the number of battles that a player did we are discussing "battles", not "encounters" because, unlike "encounters" everyone has access to the count of "battles".

jovada

Regent
@jovada, you are correct. In GBG, the member contribution counts encounters, not battles. However, as @HunZ95 points out, these numbers are only available to the guild members, not outsiders. So, whenever we talk collectively about the number of battles that a player did we are discussing "battles", not "encounters" because, unlike "encounters" everyone has access to the count of "battles".
yes but we are speaking GbG , so when a player does 10.000 battles/encounters it is 10.000 in a season and you only know it because it's shown in your guildstats, so whatever battles it shows on the battlecounts where everybody has access to it does'nt matter.

Last edited:
yes but we are speaking GbG , so when a player does 10.000 battles/encounters it is 10.000 in a season and you only know it because it's shown in your guildstats, so whatever battles it shows on the battlecounts where everybody has access to it does'nt matter.
I think that you are mixing up terms. Whether it's GBG, or any other fighting venue, "encounters" are equivalent to "battles" only in the case of single-wave fights. The Member Contribution popup in GBG states the number of "encounters" that each member has completed thus far in the season. If a player does 10,000 encounters, their battle count will be higher because 2-wave encounters count as two battles. The stats in the GBG contribution screen are visible only to members of the guild whereas the battle count is visible to all players. The battle count does matter because it is the only metric that the player base has to compare other players' fighting. Of course, the battle count is muddied with battles from venues other than GBG but it's all we have.

HunZ95

Squire
I get it. But how does this, to use your word, "distort" the data and not reflect reality? I'll answer for you...it doesn't. When comparing the battle statistics of a group of players it doesn't matter if you are comparing "encounters" (where 1-wave and 2-wave both count as one) or "battles" (where 1-wave counts as 1 battle, 2-wave as 2). Provided the comparison is "encounters" with "encounters" or "battles" with "battles" it is still comparing apples with apples.

you're right.
I just wanted to point out that when it comes to rewards, it is not relevant to measure the differences by the number of battles, because that is not the real difference, since you only get rewards after encounters.

Jubilee

Merchant
OK 2 days of fighting in GBG & not once did I get any forge points. I do a lot of battles every day while GBG is on & always get some fps. I needed the goods so thanks but what happened? Someone decided to stop giving out fps? Honestly, I only do GE & GBG to get stuff to further my city. If I can't get any fps along with the other prizes in GBG I might as well give up GBG. Fortunately, in my current guild it's optional.

OK 2 days of fighting in GBG & not once did I get any forge points. I do a lot of battles every day while GBG is on & always get some fps. I needed the goods so thanks but what happened? Someone decided to stop giving out fps? Honestly, I only do GE & GBG to get stuff to further my city. If I can't get any fps along with the other prizes in GBG I might as well give up GBG. Fortunately, in my current guild it's optional.
How many encounters did you win?

jovada

Regent
I think that you are mixing up terms. Whether it's GBG, or any other fighting venue, "encounters" are equivalent to "battles" only in the case of single-wave fights. The Member Contribution popup in GBG states the number of "encounters" that each member has completed thus far in the season. If a player does 10,000 encounters, their battle count will be higher because 2-wave encounters count as two battles. The stats in the GBG contribution screen are visible only to members of the guild whereas the battle count is visible to all players. The battle count does matter because it is the only metric that the player base has to compare other players' fighting. Of course, the battle count is muddied with battles from venues other than GBG but it's all we have.
Yes i know that if you do 1-wave battle and a 2-wave battle your battles in the global will go up with 3, but who is looking there ? not me because it says nothing. When we speak of 10.000 battles in a season on GbG it is 10.000.

Jubilee

Merchant
How many encounters did you win?
ALL of them. Not a novice & finally after 2.5 days I got fps. So who is playing with the programming. LOL thought there might be some experimentation going on (BTW this was Beta). We will soon find out if the flow of fps in GBG is much lower than usual.

ALL of them. Not a novice & finally after 2.5 days I got fps. So who is playing with the programming. LOL thought there might be some experimentation going on (BTW this was Beta). We will soon find out if the flow of fps in GBG is much lower than usual.
So, "all of them" is what? 10? 20? 1000? The FP payout is approximately 1.67 FPs per GBG encounter. If you fought 10 battles and got no FPs I wouldn't think much of it. 1000 battles with no FPs would be a concern.

Catness

Farmer
Inno, can you maybe make an official statement? You let us vote and every vote made it very clear that the majority of players oppose the changes. How much longer should we accept this situation
Do you want to vote again and again until the result is what you want? If you wanted to make the changes despite player resistance, you shouldn't have asked us to vote on them.
PLEASE finally undo this nonsense or finally face the player and say what you're up to!