• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

what if they scrapped their changes, and did this instead:

every siege tower beyond the second in a sector costs special goods (that is: if one or more guildmembers are in arctic future or above).

How many and which special goods one siege tower costs would depend how many people are in which era. The calculation would be similar to that of normal goods

every siege tower beyond the second in a sector costs special goods (that is: if one or more guildmembers are in arctic future or above).

How many and which special goods one siege tower costs would depend how many people are in which era. The calculation would be similar to that of normal goods
This would not solve the matter of zero attrition.

Emberguard

Emperor

All that'd do is shift the burden of resource gathering dis-proportionally onto players in the Future / Space Era's.

CrashBoom

Legend

no problem
but then the camps count only for the player(s) who paid those goods :rolleyes:

I don't pay 1000+ Prom / Ori / ... and then those low era players use them for free :p

This would not solve the matter of zero attrition.

All that'd do is shift the burden of resource gathering dis-proportionally onto players in the Future / Space Era's.

no problem
but then the camps count only for the player(s) who paid those goods :rolleyes:

I don't pay 1000+ Prom / Ori / ... and then those low era players use them for free

i wrote my post confusing though. what i meant was:

every siege tower beyond the second in a sector costs - in addition to the normal goods - a small amount of special goods (that is: if one or more guildmembers are in arctic future or above).

Which special goods per siege tower are to be paid, would depend how many people are in which post-future era. The calculation would be somewhat similar to that of normal goods

every siege tower beyond the second in a sector costs - in addition to the normal goods - a small amount of special goods (that is: if one or more guildmembers are in arctic future or above).

Which special goods per siege tower are to be paid, would depend how many people are in which post-future era. The calculation would be somewhat similar to that of normal goods
The only thing that this would accomplish is increasing the cost of the siege camp - which is no big deal. Also, except for players trying to complete the tech tree (or those that do a lot of negotiations), there is nothing "special" about "special goods". They are easy to stockpile once the tech tree is complete.

Emberguard

Emperor

That’s exactly my point on why it’s disproportionately placing the burdon on post-Future / Space Era’s

The normal goods for those ages are already part of the costs. Any special goods would have to be contributed by those players - no one else can contribute those goods. Even if those below the post-Future / Space era’s wanted to contribute they couldn’t because they can’t obtain it from another player, and can’t produce it themselves

Those in the higher Ages are already helping pick up the slack for those in the lower Ages when it’s needed. Adding Special Goods will only force Guilds to either form exclusively post-Future / Space Guilds, or kick them out if they’re unable to keep up with that cost (depending on what the cost is).

This might not be an issue for the more competitive Guilds. But the casual Guild with one post-Future casual player? It’ll be detrimental to those Guilds. Someone will have to pick up the tab and you’ll make it so those Ages are unable to get help from other members

CrashBoom

Legend

what I meant
if players don't pay the special goods for that additional siege camp it shouldn't count for them :rolleyes:

you can't expect that only AF+ player must pay those goods but people below that era then can use it

and btw:
I asked for additional use in the game of special goods years ago because collecting / producing them daily but not be able to spend them doesn't really make sense

Beta King

Viceroy
what I meant
if players don't pay the special goods for that additional siege camp it shouldn't count for them :rolleyes:

you can't expect that only AF+ player must pay those goods but people below that era then can use it

and btw:
I asked for additional use in the game of special goods years ago because collecting / producing them daily but not be able to spend them doesn't really make sense
Or at least make it possible to donate them somewhere so you can get points for them. I haven't ran the boat or sub in forever cause there's no point.

lady Pieper

Farmer
Why not just add a crystal league for the top guilds to duke it out.. Add the points up like the do with the other leagues. There is way to many guilds in Diamond league and some only have a few members. Need to break it up some to make it fair for all.. Seems to me its always the top guilds running the maps time after time so crystal league for them. Diamond for the others .. on down.

Yekk

Regent
Why not just add a crystal league for the top guilds to duke it out.. Add the points up like the do with the other leagues. There is way to many guilds in Diamond league and some only have a few members. Need to break it up some to make it fair for all.. Seems to me its always the top guilds running the maps time after time so crystal league for them. Diamond for the others .. on down.
Many great suggestion to that end have been brought up in this and Juber's GBG thread. Inno has not seen fit to respond... I think your request is one almost everyone agreed needs to happen.

Another way to shake the standings up.... In any League, if a a guild finishes below third for a season they lose all guild points and drop back to Bronze League...
That should make the Guild Battle Grounds much more competitive...

CrashBoom

Legend
why not start thinking ?

with only adding a crystal league but no change to the system in a few month the current diamond league situation will then be the same situation in crystal league

:rolleyes:

so with another league on top there MUST be also a removal of the LP cap to prevent that the current 1000 LP guilds will then meet each other again at the new cap

why not start thinking ?

with only adding a crystal league but no change to the system in a few month the current diamond league situation will then be the same situation in crystal league

:rolleyes:

so with another league on top there MUST be also a removal of the LP cap to prevent that the current 1000 LP guilds will then meet each other again at the new cap
Is this what you advocate? Removing the cap should result in the top guilds distancing themselves from the D-lite group. In the end, however, the GBG battlefield for the top guilds will be 8 of them on the battlefield at the same time. That will kill farming faster than the 66.6% nerf.

CrashBoom

Legend
Is this what you advocate? Removing the cap should result in the top guilds distancing themselves from the D-lite group. In the end, however, the GBG battlefield for the top guilds will be 8 of them on the battlefield at the same time. That will kill farming faster than the 66.6% nerf.
and will start guild battleground

just one simple question:
was GBG created because Inno wanted farming or wanted the best to fight each other :rolleyes:

if farming would really be the goal then the best league situation would be
2 diamond, 1 platinum, 2 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze
so the diamonds can farm each other and the other can do a little bit

or they could just rename GBG to
"guild farmingground"

and will start guild battleground
Perhaps. It will depend on the potential rewards from FFA versus those from swapping with another 7 guilds.
just one simple question:
was GBG created because Inno wanted farming or wanted the best to fight each other
It doesn't matter. This thread, and those on the live servers about this subject, make it abundantly clear that the most players do not care about what INNO wanted. Instead, it's all about what the players want now. The majority of players in D1K want to farm. The players in <D1K want a seat at the table so they can farm.