• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

CrashBoom

Legend
and link it to the GBG
and then 100+ guilds have 18k prestige + level point

and then the first 100+ places are just decided by the level of those 1000 LP guilds

and which guild would then be first when 5 guilds reached level 100 and all have the same amount of prestige ?
probably the oldest (I assume it will then be sorted by guild id)

Owl II

Emperor
and then 100+ guilds have 18k prestige + level point

and then the first 100+ places are just decided by the level of those 1000 LP guilds
... if you leave everything as it is, and don't do it
or just remove the current LP cap
the result would be the same

to avoid getting it too high a 10% (or other value) loss of points after a season could acccomplish that (for all guilds)

and that would actually result in a new cap
when the lost points reaches the 175 winning points
for 10%: guild has 1750 LP. looses 10% = 175 and winning the season 175 so they stay at the 1750
or something like that

jovada

Regent
There is a difference with the points received to move up a level with your guild (rewards fp from towhall, lesser time to build and heal etc...)

Prestige points is for guildranking and that can be additional to the points you receive for moving up a level for example guild 1 150 guild 2 100 and guild 3 50 , and you have competition each season on every map

I do not know how to write it easier so that nothing is lost for you when translating. GvG is a ranking. GBG is rewards. It is necessary to untie the ranking from the GvG and link it to the GBG. And also remove personal rewards for fights (replace it with personal rewards at the end of the season) so that people stop farming with their brains turned off. And for Jowada to stop demanding justice for D-lite. Then it will be possible a working algorithm for matchmaking.
Finally, something that we can agree on. GvG is for ranking and GBG is for rewards.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Quick question for informed opinions:
if the sectors are composed of 160 encounters in league, diamond, 130 in Platinum, .... they have been calculated on an average basis according to the attrition capacities (from 0% to 100%).
If the nerf is tested for 0-66.6% attrition, the average goes down and therefore shouldn't the number of encounters per sector also be received down?

Beta King

Viceroy
Quick question for informed opinions:
if the sectors are composed of 160 encounters in league, diamond, 130 in Platinum, .... they have been calculated on an average basis according to the attrition capacities (from 0% to 100%).
If the nerf is tested for 0-66.6% attrition, the average goes down and therefore shouldn't the number of encounters per sector also be received down?
There will be no way to swap tiles with any frequency throughout the day even with 2 strong guilds at 160 encounters which is what half the crowd here is rooting for so lowering the amount needed per tile would be a hard sell to them but it does seem to make sense to me that it should definitely go down since there will be far less fights available to close tiles and it would keep things more fluid.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
Heh 21 more pages with nothing from Inno. I'm gonna keep saying it, I have no belief that this is ever going to live as it has never been even slightly tweaked in beta and is, no doubt, the most controversial proposal ever made by FOE devs on an existing system. What I don't get, however, is why they don't remove it from beta other than they are enjoying watching the debate about the nerf itself go on and on....

While I'll never side with the idea this nerf will provide any benefit to the game that could outweigh the negative impact I have enjoyed reading the proposals of fellow players that should be attempted. Unfortunately our more transparent Inno is as guarded as they have ever been over the last couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this gets implemented on the live servers as soon as possible, the attrition was meant to make sure no one could fight indefinitely.
whatever reasons the opponents give, this has become simple farming, nothing more.
That it can all be done better and differently, that's true, but simply protesting because you can no longer farm indefinitely makes no sense

Beta King

Viceroy
I hope this gets implemented on the live servers as soon as possible, the attrition was meant to make sure no one could fight indefinitely.
whatever reasons the opponents give, this has become simple farming, nothing more.
That it can all be done better and differently, that's true, but simply protesting because you can no longer farm indefinitely makes no sense
Im guessing you are in a small guild that has no chance of competing each season so you want to shut the game down for everyone else who can, Lucky for you even now on live servers there is no way to fight indefinitely as once the tiles are closed you have to wait 4 hrs for them to open with a max of 5 flips per day so there is a limit to the amount of fights that any one person can complete and there are tiles that give attrition no matter what due to not having enough support slots around it so the myth that someone can just click all day indefinitely is just not true. But as previously stated things aren't looking good for this going live due to it being 4 months with no tweaks or any feedback so at this point i think we are waiting for them to announce dropping the idea and going back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
I think since none of this is getting forwarded to Inno anyways per Juber and not much constructive is being said any more this thread should be renamed "The Beta Pub" or just closed altogether so all info pertaining to the nerf can be placed in the invisible thread where it might actually go to Inno.

Emberguard

Emperor
this thread should be renamed "The Beta Pub"
What would you like today sir? We have beer on tap, some Shiraz and some lovely Sparkling Water

I have no belief that this is ever going to live as it has never been even slightly tweaked in beta and is, no doubt, the most controversial proposal ever made by FOE devs on an existing system. What I don't get, however, is why they don't remove it from beta other than they are enjoying watching the debate about the nerf itself go on and on....
Yeah, it is a unusually long one.… who knows, maybe it’ll be a year? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

knarre sbeat

Merchant
Its been a long time, when will this patch be reworked or go for live testing?
Active guilds will stay the winners with more rewards as the not so active guilds.
But the not so active Guild(including Diamond) have a much bigger chance getting rewards with the attrition nerf, as in the current state of 2 vs 6 meta.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Again, Inno does not have the courage to putting forth this on the live servers. Beta is just one server... so if folks were leaving as a result, the damage would not be as bad since Inno will probably take it as players leaving the Beta scene and will be playing through the live servers for the rest of their gaming lives. It's the way I would have seen it.

Had this went to live servers, imagine how many will leave across worlds, across the many language based servers that span those worlds. That's where Inno's going to feel the impact.

Nay-sayers will say different on this. However, I want to be the first in saying that it's time to "put the money where thy mouth is" and see if I am right; bring forth this change to the live servers. Quit dawdling on a test that is over many seasons long. Seriously, how long of a test is needed in order to determine if a change is warranted? What kind of data is being used to determine that? Simple analytics won't give you jack. And just because someone mis-clicked on a feature and back out of it, it won't yield a true result.

And, don't you think it's time we see the "hidden" posts on that one lovely thread? I know I haven't placed feedback many weeks/seasons passed since I gave up and I would be repeating myself. However, we are curious. You talk about transparency, how about we actually see it?!

-Alin-

Emperor
Regarding to this announcement, I maintain my point of view, all this testing taking so long in beta is useless, the outcome was known from the very beggining, no matter how many times they find excuses.

The very active players that went for higher stats for fights and especially in GbG(there are some exceptions regarding higher stats for GvG players or just for bragging) will slowly lose interest in playing this game, and planning to do something else, or find another games and forget at all about FoE.

The casual-constant players will find this a good and bad idea because it will drastically remove the time needed to do 250-380 fights (15-25 minutes according to how often You change the units and the device You are on and on its performance) and bad because it will reduce drastically the ammount of rewards, they will lose interest slowly too, I am in this situation in which I am not in the mood to open GbG at all, just doing sectors when I am around and asked by other friends in discord to help them secure some sectors, sniping/donating in 2-10 Gbs can help me gather 200-500 fps in less than 3 minutes.

The newer players that are f..d, they don't have the same benefits as other players had for 2 years with GbG at 100% in mid-top guilds from swaps.

Yes, the change was needed, from the beggining, but with 80% and slightly increased rewards.
Right now GbG is slow and not fun, You enter, do Your fights and see You tomorrow, we keep it active leaving all camps for all guilds in our matches, otherwise we will just sleep with the sectors the entire round.

Yet again nothing about any league ranking, leaderboard and matchmaking changes ...
Global Ranking system that is now for guilds doesn't reflect the truth at all, there are thousands of players that are playing only on mobile and they don't have any idea what GvG is ...

Beta King

Viceroy
as I said a long time ago :cool:
I think this announcement is just to buy time so that everyone will forget about the nerf and they can quietly make it go away next year some time. Funny how you know the plan way before anyone else... At lease we have 3 more fun filled seasons on live and maybe many many more to come. My condolences to all those sitting on the sidelines every season, better luck next year.

Last edited: