• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Kev-

Farmer
You want to know what happens when they limit support on a live server here you go.............. bloody crap begging other Guilds to please take a sector despite the attrition so we can retake.1664556459363.png1664556414496.png

Beta King

Viceroy
You want to know what happens when they limit support on a live server here you go.............. bloody crap begging other Guilds to please take a sector despite the attrition so we can retake.
Screenshot with the D button so we can see the layout of the building slots

Timeless Dojo is not an event build so doesn't really count, the only event building ever put out before this nerf to provide troops was the Gov Villa now since this nerf has been announced they have released the knights pavillion and now coming is the Sunflower press building. Coincidence, i think not. After the nerf the sunflower press would be the ideal event building IMO.
I'm dying to know why? When motivated, it will provide some stuff that is meh for later game players and 3 random aged units. In FE, and AF I only used Hovers. In OF only Eels. In SAM, sentinels. In SAAB, Nail Storms. Now, in SAV, only Dragons. Only one type of aged unit along with Rogues for all ages FE and beyond. A building that provides random units (but no A/D boost) is a waste of space, IMO. In my main city, the Knight's Pavilion became AD fodder. I have a bunch of them in inventory in my other cities only because they are all Iron Age.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm dying to know why? When motivated, it will provide some stuff that is meh for later game players and 3 random aged units. In FE, and AF I only used Hovers. In OF only Eels. In SAM, sentinels. In SAAB, Nail Storms. Now, in SAV, only Dragons. Only one type of aged unit along with Rogues for all ages FE and beyond. A building that provides random units (but no A/D boost) is a waste of space, IMO. In my main city, the Knight's Pavilion became AD fodder. I have a bunch of them in inventory in my other cities only because they are all Iron Age.
Some of those ages you don't have to (and even it's not ideal to) use only one unit type...

But this is splitting hairs to some extent - I doubt "even more units" will be the new meta with increasing attrition outside of perhaps a very few players who fight on at attrition cap using manual battles and flyers vs artillery.

Because most people will hit a line where they just can't win more fights, no matter how many units they have.

Beta King

Viceroy
A couple reasons, it has a good ratio of FP to square 1:2 and also it gives current age goods which can be used to negotiate or donate for ranking points. The troops aren't really much use but i have found when my attrition is low 0-20 i will throw my trash troops that the Gov Villa makes so i can save my good ones for the higher attrition battles and for speed i like to keep the light units down anyway so i can grab rogues faster. I doubt i will be adding any more atk/def post nerf and will likely drop what i have down to 1200-1500/1k and add more FPs/personal goods producers.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A couple reasons, it has a good ratio of FP to square 1:2 and also it gives current age goods which can be used to negotiate or donate for ranking points. The troops are really much use but i have found when my attrition is low 0-20 i will throw my trash troops that the Gov Villa makes so i can save my good ones for the higher attrition battles and for speed i like to keep the light units down anyway so i can grab rogues faster. I doubt i will be adding any more atk/def post nerf and will likely drop what i have down to 1200-1500/1k and add more FPs/personal goods producers.
It's still not top notch for FP & goods. My ranking if you completely devalue military bonuses (not that I think that's the right choice, but it's certainly a choice) - I also set Treasury Goods weight to zero because that's another part of the extreme prediction, that not as many of those will be needed anymore:

Art Exhibition L8
Moose Reserve
Butterfly Double Set (sharing 3 pc)
Suishun Mill
Athlon Abbey
Tarot Card Caravan
Jade Statue
Terracotta Vineyard
Crow's Nest L8
Fall Fields - 9 pc Double FP (Sunflower-Begonia/Scarecrow/Begonia-Wheat-Begonia/Scarecrow/Begonia-Sunflower)
Druid Temple L10
Minaret
Sunflower Press

But your desire to still have 1500 attack boost means you do still need to value attack boost from buildings to some extent; So probably all that *really* changes is you ditch anything like winners plaza that you have *only* for attack, and focus more on all-round buildings. i.e. the Eagle Mountain is still an incredibly efficient place to get that "some" attack/defense boost you need while also have decent FP & goods.

Beta King

Viceroy
It's still not top notch for FP & goods. My ranking if you completely devalue military bonuses (not that I think that's the right choice, but it's certainly a choice) - I also set Treasury Goods weight to zero because that's another part of the extreme prediction, that not as many of those will be needed anymore:

Art Exhibition L8
Moose Reserve
Butterfly Double Set (sharing 3 pc)
Suishun Mill
Athlon Abbey
Tarot Card Caravan
Jade Statue
Terracotta Vineyard
Crow's Nest L8
Fall Fields - 9 pc Double FP (Sunflower-Begonia/Scarecrow/Begonia-Wheat-Begonia/Scarecrow/Begonia-Sunflower)
Druid Temple L10
Minaret
Sunflower Press

But your desire to still have 1500 attack boost means you do still need to value attack boost from buildings to some extent; So probably all that *really* changes is you ditch anything like winners plaza that you have *only* for attack, and focus more on all-round buildings. i.e. the Eagle Mountain is still an incredibly efficient place to get that "some" attack/defense boost you need while also have decent FP & goods.
Exactly, i would remove the winners plaza, rotunda's, maybe some of the wheat fields to make room for more FP producers as we mentioned before the space these buildings will take up arent worth the minimal extra fights per day you can do post nerf and would do better getting FPs and goods. Even lvl 8 SoH would be good at 7 FP/12 squares.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Stop giving Inno credit or credence that they are actually looking for something that matters here in this "test". Beta has been noted many times as a place only for finding bugs with the side-effect that they can sometimes note something that needs to be re-balanced before release to live. As beta is NOT a mini live server (and never will be) many key factors of standard game play cannot be observed or reviewed from this server.

It does not take into account new players, players not interested in beta testing a game, typical diamond purchasing and spending, nor interest in the game short or long term.... I could go on with a wall of text here, but I choose not to.

What was shared is all that matters - Inno knows this will make players very angry. The test is over. Take it off beta and let's look at some other GbG tweaks and solutions that deserve to be given some chances at being tested. Smart matchmaking attempts would be a good place to start.

Yekk

Regent
Stop giving Inno credit or credence that they are actually looking for something that matters here in this "test". Beta has been noted many times as a place only for finding bugs with the side-effect that they can sometimes note something that needs to be re-balanced before release to live. As beta is NOT a mini live server (and never will be) many key factors of standard game play cannot be observed or reviewed from this server.

It does not take into account new players, players not interested in beta testing a game, typical diamond purchasing and spending, nor interest in the game short or long term.... I could go on with a wall of text here, but I choose not to.

What was shared is all that matters - Inno knows this will make players very angry. The test is over. Take it off beta and let's look at some other GbG tweaks and solutions that deserve to be given some chances at being tested. Smart matchmaking attempts would be a good place to start.
Inno seems to believe they can cherry-pick the data to come up with "proof" of their reasons for doing this nerf. I seem to see a certain world leader doing the same in the war he is in.
Kev-'s post above shows clearly what the real problem is. As you also said matchmaking. Something that has been complained on with cause for 2 1/2 years.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Beyond your study on the impact of the nerf, @Juber can you confirm that Inno is studying a possible redesign of matchmaking in the diamond league, the only league that has recurring problems with groupings?
For me this is the most urgent and important point to discuss, which however only generates silence on your part.

Balinor

Steward
Ah yes the delusional FoE diamond buyer
Yep, ignore the points I made in the post and attempt to belittle the conclusion. I'm a customer and I'll tell 'em exactly what I want to...but it is what they've already figured out.

Customers buy a product
FoE is free to play nothing to buy
You must be one of those players who because they purchase premium currency think they are special
You think you are entitled to more from the company than just the advantage the diamonds give
Guess what your not you are the same as the rest of us
Get over yourself

jovada

Regent
They figured out. But they don't want to admit that they made a mistake. And do something that will really benefit the gameplay.
Why is preventing 0 attrition a mistake ????? That is no mistake at all but i agree it should go pair with matchmaking.
Several options for matchmaking have been proposed and maybe inno is working on that to,
With a better matchmaking and make 0 attrition impossible you can have a real gameplay.

jovada

Regent
You mean a real "short" gameplay! We cant wait, we are all depending on you Jovada to convince them to move it to live!
Of course all you can do is mocking,

Bringing false arguments with your "short" play is also ridiculous,
2 big guilds swapping 20 sectors , each guild 10 with 4 players it takes you less then an hour 400 fights each and normaly your done also ..... oh i forgot you wait only to fight when there is no attrition so you can do another round with 4 players 4 hours later.
Just be honest it's the same in every big guild , you will see those 4 players , maybe 5 or 6 take all the profit and the other guildmates may be happy when something is left and can do 2500 fights a season.