• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
Nerf won't work the way you want it to. This is proven on beta. This is proven in living worlds, where inno does experiments with places for buildings (even if it's just an accident, what @Kev- wrote about yesterday, the result is still the same). Nerf will simply cut opportunities in proportion for everyone. The distribution of forces (as well as efforts) will remain the same. If you didn't hit before the nerf, you won't hit after. It doesn't matter for what reason.

If there is some kind of special power that the top 5% are using to hold the 95% back from getting fights and the 95% dont have access to this power we kinda need to find out what this power is and expose it so we can get that power to the 95% and everyone is on a level playing field but from what i can see everyone in the game has the exact same opportunity. If you choose to go to a baby guild and get cornered that was your choice nobody is making you stay in that guild and be cornered...
Yes. It's called "zero attrition".

Beta King

Viceroy
You keep putting words into my mouth. By "lesser" players I mean the ones that are not getting an opportunity to earn a fair share of the GBG battles. Your generalization is that all players getting only a small number of battles do so by choice while you refuse to accept that there are players that want to fight more but the whales ice them out. If you are right, and I do not think that you are, why does your guild permit so many slackers to remain on board?
So explain to me what is stopping them from getting the same opportunity as the ones that are getting the fights? How are they being blocked from setting an alarm and being on when the tiles open for fights im curious to know?

Nerf won't work the way you want it to. This is proven on beta. This is proven in living worlds, where inno does experiments with places for buildings (even if it's just an accident, what @Kev- wrote about yesterday, the result is still the same). Nerf will simply cut opportunities in proportion for everyone. The distribution of forces (as well as efforts) will remain the same. If you didn't hit before the nerf, you won't hit after. It doesn't matter for what reason.
Wrong. Several other players have already posted that they are getting more battles after the nerf.

So explain to me what is stopping them from getting the same opportunity as the ones that are getting the fights? How are they being blocked from setting an alarm and being on when the tiles open for fights im curious to know?
Maybe they have employers that don't allow them to steal time.

Show me a guild in beta with more than 40 players after nerf that all players have the same amount of fights? Exact same question you posed earlier that you say will be corrected after nerf prove that the nerf corrected it and show us.
I never said that the nerf would normalize the distribution of fights. I said that there is a non-normal distribution of fights everywhere I look and asked for someone to show me something different. No takers.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
According to some soothsayers, the nerf was to kill the GbGs, yet they are still disputed.
According to some diviners, the nerf was to generate departures, yet the same players are still there.
On the other hand you still refuse to admit that there are not only 2 types of players (those who fight thousands and those who don't want to) while the majority of players just want to type what is finally allowed to them with the nerf because no more guild can block all other guilds at HQ for 12 days, 24 hours a day.
I must not chat with the same beta players you are used to meeting. Many say they are happy to finally be able to do 20 to 100 fights every day, whereas before one out of two GbGs left them as spectators.
These players are not jealous of you and are not happy that you are restricted, they understand that your abuse prevented them from playing unlike now.
FOE is not limited to 2 categories of players. Understand that the greed of some was detrimental to the simple pleasure of being able to play for others.
That there are players not taking advantage of the camps within the big guilds is not my problem, but that my guild can't do anything because 24/24 big guilds are all blocking the map, that concerns me.
I would like so much to please YOU that Inno removes this nerf but that to please US only groups within the same GbG guilds abusing zero attrition. We would see if you would be happier to be confronted week after week with the same opponents, with more than 3 on the same map to fight for less rewards.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
According to some soothsayers, the nerf was to kill the GbGs, yet they are still disputed.
According to some diviners, the nerf was to generate departures, yet the same players are still there.
On the other hand you still refuse to admit that there are not only 2 types of players (those who fight thousands and those who don't want to) while the majority of players just want to type what is finally allowed to them with the nerf because no more guild can block all other guilds at HQ for 12 days, 24 hours a day.
I must not chat with the same beta players you are used to meeting. Many say they are happy to finally be able to do 20 to 100 fights every day, whereas before one out of two GbGs left them as spectators.
These players are not jealous of you and are not happy that you are restricted, they understand that your abuse prevented them from playing unlike now.
FOE is not limited to 2 categories of players. Understand that the greed of some was detrimental to the simple pleasure of being able to play for others.
That there are players not taking advantage of the camps within the big guilds is not my problem, but that my guild can't do anything because 24/2 big guilds are all blocking the map, that concerns me.
I would like so much to please YOU that Inno removes this nerf but that to please US only groups within the same GbG guilds abusing zero attrition. We would see if you would be happier to be confronted week after week with the same opponents, with more than 3 on the same map to fight for less rewards.
Then clearly getting fights did not mean anything to them if they stayed in the guild that does not work to get them fights and gives up on day one.

They are my guildmates, but I am not the GL here. I don't have the authority to question them. But I can assume that the reasons are the same as in my living world
Ok. So, the bottom players in your guild on a live server - where you are a leader - have told you what? That they are too sick, lame, lazy to contribute more to the Guild's success? This being the case, why do you allow such behavior?

HunZ95

Squire
Your argument doesn't consider the effect of time zones and presumes that nearly everyone sleeps at the same time (e.g. 10PM-6AM). Even so, using your example, 70 players (87%) share access to 60% of the battles. If this is true, then there should be a bell-shaped distribution of these battles. In your guild then, 4-5 players would have an understandable large number of battles (these players are outliers) but everyone else's battles should follow a normal distribution. I've never seen an example of this but, will gladly stop supporting the nerf if you can show me that this is the case in your live server guild.
I still don't understand why there should be proportionality between player battles.
One can play while working, the other can't, . One still plays in 5 worlds, the other only has a city in 1 world. One came only because of gvg, the other only cares about gbg, one does not fight on weekends, the other is present every day, one plays from the PC, the other from the mobile. could list for days why there are differences in the battle numbers, but it has nothing to do with what you imagined.
It is still only about people, and it is never the case that all members are on the move at the same time, but the opportunity is given to everyone, you can know hours in advance when there is a chance to fight. Then, whether you are willing to get up at night for this, or whether you spend your rest time doing it, is an individual decision.

Owl II

Emperor
Ok. So, the bottom players in your guild on a live server - where you are a leader - have told you what? That they are too sick, lame, lazy to contribute more to the Guild's success? This being the case, why do you allow such behavior?
You have no authority to question me about my players too. But if you read what is written, and not what you want, you would see what I have already written above: players are not machines. Everyone goes through different periods in the game. A player who took an important province with negotiations last season has every right to go on a business trip and not be expelled at the same time. For example.

Yekk

Regent
I still don't understand why there should be proportionality between player battles.
One can play while working, the other can't, . One still plays in 5 worlds, the other only has a city in 1 world. One came only because of gvg, the other only cares about gbg, one does not fight on weekends, the other is present every day, one plays from the PC, the other from the mobile. could list for days why there are differences in the battle numbers, but it has nothing to do with what you imagined.
It is still only about people, and it is never the case that all members are on the move at the same time, but the opportunity is given to everyone, you can know hours in advance when there is a chance to fight. Then, whether you are willing to get up at night for this, or whether you spend your rest time doing it, is an individual decision.
Well said but you are trying to convince a player that has not even tried beta GBG. My live world has players from all over the world but most play and fight during the day. That leaves the 2 nights shifts for my world players and night owls. As such no one could expect anything but a few players having more fights than the rest of us. My beta guild matches my live in many ways. Both have Arcs over 180. Both have generous rules.

The nerf has actually seen many doing less fights with each season. That slows the 190,192,195 threads greatly. This leads to many only getting on a few times a day which again slows the 190 threads more. We moved from using a corn combine to collect corn to hand picking it... The worst part is the guilds on the edges have less total fights now than what they had on my live world. The same 2-3 guilds rule but the rest just do nothing.