• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Petrus1942

Farmer
Sorry but the loud people are those shouting now that they are against changes.

By "hours of work and get rewarded for it" i'm sure you mean "Zombieclicking all day long twith 0 attrition to farm fp and points"
I don't call this "rewards" but an exploit.
Then your entire argument is based on redefinition of words to suit your purpose. If you think it's just "zombieclicking" then you've never tried to run a top guild because you'd know just how farcical and intellectually lazy that statement would be.

The demands of the after-work players will make the guild battles boring for all players. They will then get their cozy clicks. No thinking. No planning. No fun. I am already demotivated by the fact that such changes are being considered at all.
I've taken my activity in the guild battles down to the new level and the game is just boring. Whether the changes go live or not, I don't care anymore. I lost trust.

I will not invest any more time and money. I'm going to do it like the after-work players, take a look once a day and that's it.

Do whatever you want, I am losing interest...

HunZ95

Squire
Duuh of course you don't mention it. And of course you don't mention the pointfarming also.

But if it's not for the rewards , maybe innogames can create a special league for players who want to click all day long, no rewards no ranking points and at the end of the day the players with the most fights are rewarded with a golden, silver and bronze smiley and at the end of the season the nr1 receives a diamond smiley.
the top guilds would also participate in the gvg every 4 hours, if this is possible and not only accessible from a computer. and there are no rewards there, just a graveyard for the units. And they would be fighting for first place in the gbg too, if that had any significance.
there is no need to punish the active ones because you are burnt out, you don't want to compete anymore, but you want to keep your position. The FP explanation was still minimally understandable, but this ranking point mention fully revealed what your main problem is.:)

Beta King

Viceroy
How about you store enough attack buildings and/or disconnect roads from attack GBs to get you down to 200% attack then fight a bit. I think that you will find that the difference between 200% and 2000% if a heck of a lot more than you make it out to be.
I did this my city on live server and took it from 2k/1k disconnected enough to drop down to 1.5k/950 and was able to get to 90 attrition and with full i can only get to 102 attrition so the last 500 atk meant only 12 attrition and at max 36 extra fights. I know if i planted FP makers in that huge amount of space where i have all the winners plazas and rotundas that i disconnected with my BG i could make far more FPs per day. I will try and do it tomorrow with 1k/1k and see how much i drop then.

Nessie

Baronet
Apparently only posts that are approved by InnoGames will be tolerated in the new poll ! I think that says a lot.... about honesty, ethical principles and more

- forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds-watchtower-and-siege-camp-ability-re-balance.15678

- prnt.sc/cP8hdImz39KK

CrashBoom

Legend
Apparently only posts that are approved by InnoGames will be tolerated in the new poll ! I think that says a lot.... about honesty, ethical principles and more

- forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds-watchtower-and-siege-camp-ability-re-balance.15678

- prnt.sc/cP8hdImz39KK
poll and posts are seperate :rolleyes:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager

- prnt.sc/cP8hdImz39KK

Everyone can vote on the poll, we are not able to manipulate it in any way and even if we could, there would be no reason to do so anyway (Have already stated why in a previous post).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
As you can see, the majority are not interested in the personal reward, in fact, almost no one mentions it except you.
so if we remove the FP and diamonds from the rewards but Inno puts the SC back as before, you would be completely satisfied?

I think that says a lot.... about honesty, ethical principles and more
While I think that will put an end to the lamentations without argument that we read from the beginning.
If everyone were constructive and honest, this method wouldn't exist.
Again, we reap what we sow.

Amdira

Baronet

- prnt.sc/cP8hdImz39KK
they are just hidden for other players just like in forum contests. Maybe some more will participate there, who didn't want to be attacked personally for their opinion in this open thread - understandable from my side.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear in the list and therefore is hard to find if you don't know about it, if you didn't read the addition to the announcement.

HunZ95

Squire
so if we remove the FP and diamonds from the rewards but Inno puts the SC back as before, you would be completely satisfied?

if the guild gets something valuable, then fine.
now gvg determines the rank of the guild, but in gbg these guilds usually rule as well, so it can be said that they fight even without personal rewards.
need something to motivate the players, but it's not always the personal reward. but do you think small guilds members would want to participate in something that doesn't give personal rewards?

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
So you can, @HunZ95 , argue it in the new thread. Even if it is currently not possible to read, the interventions that provide a solution will be visible at the end of the voting period.

PackCat

Marquis
but that is no reason to forbid guilds with less than 3 (or 5 or whatever is suggested) players :rolleyes:
But only if their seasons consist of playing against other <5 players Guilds.
It is not fair to the other Guilds for 1 to sputter randomly and not keep the rhythm going. To just sit on the map and only attack 1 or 2 sectors is not fun either. It is a team game, not a lone wolf game. If you cannot play within a team, then you should play PvP which is intended for just such a purpose.

PackCat

Marquis

While I think that will put an end to the lamentations without argument that we read from the beginning.
If everyone were constructive and honest, this method wouldn't exist.
Again, we reap what we sow.
There are 2 opposing forces in action.
1. Guilds take all the sectors and pin others in their Bases.
2. Guilds partner with other Guilds and share the rewards.

It's like pick your poison. This nerf is not going to change anything in positioning.
Like the sports term says: "Go big or go home".

King Flush

Marquis
I find the new initiative rewarding.
It is no longer just the 5-10 most active players who take matches. But now there is actually room for more players to get matches when they log in.
I do not think that GBG should be a free gift booth without price, as it has been so far.
And I can see a little sprout of old-fashioned clan spirit where the community gave the goal. End with egotrip, for your own gain, but hello to the spirit of community. Victory, even for the less active.
I myself have had more fights this time around than I have had the other times. I have often written in the clan I am in, "Share a little, will ya?" - A hint of making room for others can get matches, and not just for the few active 4 hour swappers. No one took it seriously and I gave up attending GBG. Now it's starting to get fun again. Sorry to say it... But yes I like the new way.
sorry you have not bothered to put the effort in to be able to compete with your more able guild mates, or maybe you just haven't been playing long enough but don't worry if so keep playing put some effort in and you'll get there, the big hitters were once in your shoes too, but low and behold a thing called effort and progression means this isn't forever, I see that you may like a shortcut to this and want things 'gifted' to you as is obviously the attitude when you get on the guild threads asking for you to be 'given' some fights, different levels of players require different approaches as to how you to play the game but the good news is there is currently a natural progression.

let me tell you a little story, my FOE story, I started playing almost exactly 1 year ago, I learned a lot from talking to people in my guild researching the game online, bit of social networking got me into a really good guild early on which furthered my knowledge of the game and figuring out optimal way to progress has been forefront in me enjoying the game, you start out a bit of guild hopping to get a few coins in the bank and hopefully gain a few BP's, sniping is key early on to progress usually you are sniping self levelers so all good in the world until they realise the 1.9 you're actually helping them, try to get in a guild which will either gift you the goods to put down important buildings such as The Arc or be able to downtrade you some goods, worthwhile if downtrades are free and easy, to purchase some higher age goods to do this (try global) I did get a bit of help with some unfair trades early on, not a lot but it is one time when I was actually handed something, I was very grateful but had it not been so I'd have gotten there with the downtrades, get your main attack buildings built and at a sufficient level to be able to complete GE whilst working on your Arc, it's a grind but when you get to the magic 80 BP's and medals for expansions are a plenty and you can really start shifting up the gears, currently pre nerf the census is if you want to be a fighter (most do) to continue upping your attack buildings and try to focus on adding buildings that increase your stats, do your research on events, try to maximise them and keep an eye on the AD for bargains, don't rush through the ages at this point it can be detrimental until you are at a certain ability, CF is great to have leveled pretty high before you advance through the ages it's the best goods producing building in the game and gives you other goodies including extra diamonds when completing the storyline quests, it all takes time but slowly but surely your stats improve as does your fighting ability and the rewards you achieve, it all just kind of works harmonously and the curve in which you progress accelerates which is a good thing and a must really considering everything get's more expensive, it's far cheaper for new players to level their GB's than it is for the experienced to increase their GB's that are of a much higher level so rightfully so the experienced should earn more this is just how life in general works, sure you are all aware of this and don't understand the thought process that seems to suggest that everyone should be on an even footing, after a year I'm now able to live with those at the top of the game and now I'm approaching the latter ages (should arrive in Jupiter pretty soon) my player points are increasing much quicker and whilst it wasn't and shouldn't be a factor early on it is now probably something I'd be looking at as a way of achievement to go chasing those at the top in the rankings, whilst the speed of my progression is far from typical it is open to all and everyone can get there just may take a bit longer depending on how much time and effort one can put in, Through 3/4 of my journey the nerf wouldn't have made much difference to me but regardless I'd been working towards being able to compete more heavily in GBG so even for those that it currently won't effect it will effect them further down the line at least if they have any competitive element to them, therefore I suggest it hurts the most competitive players the most whatever level they currently are at and don't think that it's much of a stretch to say that most players that pay money into this game are those type of players so seems a illogical step to me to compromise them, yes 'that's not your concern' I hear people cry but I can still point out my opinions.

I have yet to encounter a guild that imposes a limit on the number of fights that a player can get. Logistically, it doesn't make much sense. The top hitters could max out well before the end of the season. Then what?
Hex requires that people serve in GBG leadership if they want to get more than X number of fights per season.

Last edited: