• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

conqueror9

Regent
That is the SUPER MOST ...non-sense, silly, ridicious, bad Poll I ever see

if the adjustment is already implement, what does the Poll ask for ??

it should be ....
how do you feel the implemented change
good
bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Amdira

Baronet
So what you're saying is Inno is implementing a self-regulatory system for addictive players?)
Maybe this is one of the reasons and would be a honorable one, BUT the only way to stop addiciton is to stop completely. Every forced try to just reduce the addictive drug will just lead to frustration and even aggression against the one who's trying to take it away.
I've been smoking for over 45 years now and remember I swore to stop whenever the price would go higher than 1€, then 2€ and so on. Now the price is already at 5,4€ and I'm still smoking. The only way would be to stop completely.
I've been addicted to WoW and other mmorpgs for a rather long time and I could only stop it by burning the discs.
There is also kinda addiciton to FoE visible already, but the same here - either stop completely or just trying to find the real underlying reason for addiction. Removing the fun factor from the game won't help - neither me or anyone else to heal addiciton - they only will get angry first and then just find another game.
Just show me one time in history when reducing the addictive drug by law or other forces helped to stop addiction and I will agree on this change.

This shows nothing. I was in a Platinum guild once, and you could see the same thing to happen on Live.
Yes, it's the same on live too. I just wanted to show everyone that this "1-2 guilds dominates the map" only happens in the high diamond league. In all the other leagues nothing happen for DAYS. With this change this just getting worse in the lower leagues because if a guild decide to fight some, can't, because of the cap. Someone told here in forum that this change will help the smaller guilds when ONE guild dominates the map. One guild can't dominate the map. One guild can conquer the map then waits to the other guilds to take the sectors back. This waiting usually takes days. I talk about lower diamond league and lower.

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
it sounds like you are not part of the guilds leadership. The amount of time planning and coordinating with other guilds/guildleaders. Making certain to have available GbG commanders available even at 4 AM for flips and general C&C of the field. Many of us dedicate a lot of our time in this manner to give opportunities to the members of our team. This also increases one of the metrics online games use to determine how well they are doing. A time online/log ins per day. I do know the higher the number the better the game is seen as doing to the investors. Inno shooting itself in the foot by reducing the time online necessary per day just to appease the whiner/lazy class players . Go figure
On the contrary, I have been part of guild leadership extensively, at top-server guild for a long time...so I know very well how every GBG-thing works because of a few dedicated who honestly deserve medals for their job! and how the majority have burnt out over the years (me included) because of all the stuff going on behind the curtain. But this has little to do a fun and entertaining game experience.
I may be wrong, but I do believe that the change will benefit all the dedicated GBG leaders and bring back a fun experience of the game; not right away of course, and this change is not the only one necessary (I'm not even sure it is the best one to roll out first), but it is a first step anyways.

Honeychurch

Farmer
What, exactly, is the goal? To cause players to play less? If so, then Inno will have accomplished the goal once this is rolled out. Siege camps are outrageously expensive; to cap their usefulness at 66% seems like greed on the part of Inno to me, and I think that the plan will backfire. Please reconsider this move; I am certain that it will make GBG worse, not better.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I have read back through this thread and it seems that the people that support this change are the ones that it won't affect them. They are happy to eat popcorn along the sides and watch everything burn.
That's not true. I'm also actively playing in GBG, I'm in the TOP 3 GBG guilds, and we are fighting, not farming (on US1 in general there isn't that much farming, at least not between the top guilds). The truth is actually the "opposite", 90% of the players who hate this change do so because of losing out on the farm.

There are valid ciriticsm about this change, and as I mentioned before, it's unlikely this change should hit Live in this state, but the idea of not being able to hit sectors with 0% chance to gain attrition imo is a step in the right direction. What other changes should be made, increase the cap to 70-80%, nerf traps / Decoy / Fortresses too, cheaper buildings, etc., I don't know, but the constant farm should be stopped.

If this happened sooner, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal, but now that people had months / years to play the game for "this", obviously the backlash is much bigger, and it's understandable. If I was someone who just made a strong city to be able to do much in GBG, likely I would be angry too. That's why Inno should listen sooner to player feedback, this was an ongoing topic in the forum for also years, few months after the release of GBG, when people figured out the great potential of farming ton of resources.

Owl II

Emperor
I spent 200 points (8 neg in the starting province, 43 fights in the next with 2 SC, 25 fights with 4 SC and 2 more provinces with 3 SC). Attrition 85. My game day at the GBG is over. My att1500/750. I'm happy as ordinary player. As GL.. As a GL, I understand there are 28 provinces on the 1-2-3 line on the volcano map. That's 4,500 points per pass. And three passes a day. (in practice, there are more often 5 passes of 14 provinces) And it doesn't matter if it's swap or a fighting season. This is the minimum that needs to be done to be competitive. That is, I need 60 players who will be ready to make 200 points a day. Well, theoretically it is quite solvable. In practice.. In practice, damn it, I killed 1.5 years to organize a comfortable game for myself and for another 100+ players. And now I have to start all over again. Sit for days in the game. Distribute the efforts of the players. And there is also rivalry sometimes. God, just imagine a race in a key province an hour before the reset. Everyone who is online is killed. But the province must be taken. Well, screw that a game.

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
You seem to be the type of person I'm referring to. You have to resort to name calling in order to make a point.
well, players using scripts to have an in-game advantage over honest players are indeed a-hole, I'm OK resorting to name calling for those

And you are flat wrong about the motivation. GBG is popular because of the personal rewards. Why do you think GvG is dying? It is a prestige thing that is strategy for the guild and bragging rights for points. But tell me how popular GvG is in FoE as a percentage of players? As time spent? 15 minutes a day max? As a motivation for diamonds spent?

There is less reasons to optimize your town because the benefits of a large attack bonus does not translate into rewards. If this horrible change goes through there is no tangible benefit for having a strong town. A few more points of attrition translates to 10 more fights per day.

Why should anyone spend money and diamonds to optimize a town for that? What is the benefit of raising a town at a painful snail pace when I can simply put down full terrace farms and log in every day and collect and quit?
Yes GBG is popular because of personal rewards, it is also the same endless personal rewards that are killing the game (farming, to do what? more farming, to do more farming, and more and more etc)
GvG is dying primarily because it is not on mobile (personally, GvG is way more fun that GBG... admittedly when there is no war, it doesn't require a lot of time, but when there is a good old war with multiple guilds involved, this is still a lot of fun and can be often played through the day)
I don't care about incentives for diamond spent and money spent, that is not my problem, that's Inno's.

now, with the "hard limit" on fights/nego to be done daily (until one can beat attrition 150 day in/day out), 10 more fights per day becomes significant. Before, one could do 1000s and 1000s of fights/season without much A/D (I've done it with IA farm cities with ~200% A/D), just enough troops and stalking the map for zero attrition sectors, and waiting reset to dump attrition. What's the point of improving the city if the main factor for the number of fights done in a day is: can I be online when zero attrition sectors open?
there was zero reason to optimize cities, have a reasonable %A/D to have no need to switch injured units, so one can do a few more fights in the 40 seconds needed to fill up a sector than the guildmate who needs to switch injured units once.
With the change, if one was doing 40 attrition/day (not a high end city, but not a bad city at all), that would now translate into ~120 fights per day max. 10 more fights/day out of 120 is not a bad improvement at all, some might find some incentive in that to spend diamond/money. Now the main factor for the number of fights done in a day is: how much A/D can I squeeze into my city?
Sure, there is still some benefit to stalking the map and focusing on 66% supported sectors, but much much less than when there is 100% support available and that'll be a relief to many players.

mintbunnies

Farmer
well, players using scripts to have an in-game advantage over honest players are indeed a-hole, I'm OK resorting to name calling for those

Yes GBG is popular because of personal rewards, it is also the same endless personal rewards that are killing the game (farming, to do what? more farming, to do more farming, and more and more etc)
GvG is dying primarily because it is not on mobile (personally, GvG is way more fun that GBG... admittedly when there is no war, it doesn't require a lot of time, but when there is a good old war with multiple guilds involved, this is still a lot of fun and can be often played through the day)
I don't care about incentives for diamond spent and money spent, that is not my problem, that's Inno's.

now, with the "hard limit" on fights/nego to be done daily (until one can beat attrition 150 day in/day out), 10 more fights per day becomes significant. Before, one could do 1000s and 1000s of fights/season without much A/D (I've done it with IA farm cities with ~200% A/D), just enough troops and stalking the map for zero attrition sectors, and waiting reset to dump attrition. What's the point of improving the city if the main factor for the number of fights done in a day is: can I be online when zero attrition sectors open?
there was zero reason to optimize cities, have a reasonable %A/D to have no need to switch injured units, so one can do a few more fights in the 40 seconds needed to fill up a sector than the guildmate who needs to switch injured units once.
With the change, if one was doing 40 attrition/day (not a high end city, but not a bad city at all), that would now translate into ~120 fights per day max. 10 more fights/day out of 120 is not a bad improvement at all, some might find some incentive in that to spend diamond/money. Now the main factor for the number of fights done in a day is: how much A/D can I squeeze into my city?
Sure, there is still some benefit to stalking the map and focusing on 66% supported sectors, but much much less than when there is 100% support available and that'll be a relief to many players.
If you really think 10 additional fights more per day will be a motivating factor for people to spend diamonds and increase their town efficiency, then I have a bridge to sell you.

And to all those self righteous people that are only looking out for the poor unfortunate addicts that play too much GBG, I ask do you also hang around your local market and pass out AA pamphlets to people that buy alcohol or cigarettes? Just because you do not have self control doesn't mean others don't.

I get it, you are bored with the game so you'd like to kill it for everyone else. And yes this will kill FoE.

Hell gate

Farmer
Let's face it - the farming and tile swapping only happens in the high diamond league. In the lower leagues there are not enough goods and activity to participate in GBG at all. In my live server it means 5-6 groups, so maximum 40-48 guilds.

There are war in half of these groups. So outright farming impacts 20-24 guilds. There are more than 5000 guilds in my world. There are about 500 in silver league or higher.

There are about 5-6 truly strong, fighter guilds from this 20-24. They are swapping or dominate the map. The problem is I think that way too much guilds can reach the diamond league and there isn't enough motivation to fight for the really big ones. So they don't.

How to solve this?
- Remove the 1000 LP cap and let the guilds get prestige point for their efforts to win GBG. Already this change will remove the swapping fro the game.
- Remove the small guilds from the diamond league. Just the 6-12 strongest should be there, place them in maximum 2 groups. There will be lots of fights suddenly.
- Add a minimum number of fights for every league what the guilds must accomplish to remain in the legaue. Less fights means one legaue lower in the next season.
- Add a minimum number of goods spent in the season. If the treasury is empty, the guild souldn't be in the highest league.

I think it should be a much better solution than place a cap on the SC. In the highest league there would be lots of fights for those who like it, in the lower leagues the guilds would be able to participate if they want. Those who do nothing in the season, will go lower automatically.

And to all those self righteous people that are only looking out for the poor unfortunate addicts that play too much GBG, I ask do you also hang around your local market and pass out AA pamphlets to people that buy alcohol or cigarettes? Just because you do not have self control doesn't mean others don't.
Great, so you're just here to bash an argument that you don't wanna hear by ridiculing it.
I said nothing about addiction, I said unhealthy behaviour.

Here's a hot take: anyone who says they never felt some FOMO about GBG while playing it a bunch is lying.

6zeva9

Baronet
@Juber May want to check the voting system.
The double vote appears to be effecting the percentage data, currently.
The Vote looks like it counts the number of different people who have voted.
The Yes and No appear to show how many have selected that option.
While the Yes over Vote figure and the No over Vote figure are a correct reflection.
The issue is that the total of Yes & No responses are more than the Vote number.
Thus the percentage is coming out in excess of 100%

djd786

Farmer
You still need to build enough Camps/Watchtowers to get any attrition reduction at all you know? ^^
Of course it will not be 100% reduction anymore, but 66.6% is worth the 4 Camps in my eyes. :)
Dear Juber, you will always say this because you are on other side of the table.

I say this change should be good to stop players from exploiting GBG for unlimited rewards. The real problem is the brains at Inno who think about game design. They brains were already nerfed long time back. After 2.5 years you realize that there should be a balancing act. I think that after 4 years from now Inno will realize the need to nerf benefits from Arc or other GB.
Remember you have allowed players from lower ages to build any GB even at Bronze or Iron age. This is a very big imbalance in the game.

Inno needs some balancing act in their minds. One more example is that you allow double research as recurring quest. Does anyone ever dream about doing research only for recurring quest?.

I have capacity to do 1000 to 1500 fights per day and i know that this change will hurt players like me. I am not against such changes but just want to point that does Inno even think properly before taking any step.