• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Demeter7

Squire
I spent 200 points (8 neg in the starting province, 43 fights in the next with 2 SC, 25 fights with 4 SC and 2 more provinces with 3 SC). Attrition 85. My game day at the GBG is over. My att1500/750. I'm happy as ordinary player. As GL.. As a GL, I understand there are 28 provinces on the 1-2-3 line on the volcano map. That's 4,500 points per pass. And three passes a day. (in practice, there are more often 5 passes of 14 provinces) And it doesn't matter if it's swap or a fighting season. This is the minimum that needs to be done to be competitive. That is, I need 60 players who will be ready to make 200 points a day. Well, theoretically it is quite solvable. In practice.. In practice, damn it, I killed 1.5 years to organize a comfortable game for myself and for another 100+ players. And now I have to start all over again. Sit for days in the game. Distribute the efforts of the players. And there is also rivalry sometimes. God, just imagine a race in a key province an hour before the reset. Everyone who is online is killed. But the province must be taken. Well, screw that a game.

A suggestion - instead of complaining that your guild is unable to fight when faced with attrition, why not teach them how to do it? Show them how to build up their fighting power. It will be a fun challenge!

Boo...

Baronet
I wonder how many in those big guilds have been so spoiled by zero attrition that they forget, or never learned, how to fight with attrition. Did they prepare their cities for this? Maybe... but it will be interesting to see what happens.

The guilds that are experienced at fighting with attrition and have built up their cities with the power that is needed will do well. And now there is a reason to build up that fighting power.
Do you think the big guilds will struggle with attrition? For what?
GBG does not have a big impact on the ranking. The guild expedition also does not affect the rating. Big guilds don't care what place they take in the GBG and the expedition.
The big guilds will let the GBG go like they let the expedition go.

if we can get a GB that also reduces attrition by 30 per day at level 80, and also give an extra chance of say, 25% at that level for no attrition, then the siege camp cap can be reduced to 50% imho... that way, if you want a higher cap, spend the FP (that you won) on the GB :)

oh, and blueprints for the GB should be won from GbG ofc, like 0,1% chance per fight to win one (since you need only 9 to place it) :)

Demeter7

Squire
GBG does not have a big impact on the ranking. The guild expedition also does not affect the rating. Big guilds don't care what place they take in the GBG and the expedition.

I was referring to their fight count and rewards. If some only ever tried to get on the map when free hits were available, that is all they ever knew. If they started out in a guild that is Platinum or Diamond and only ever did checkerboards, it is possible. Those who worked their way up fighting with attrition learned to increase their fight count even with high attrition. We have faced many guilds in Diamond League that do checkerboards and have new players.

I and my guild still need to build up power, but we are experienced at fighting with attrition. It makes you stronger to face adversity. And pushing your limits every day to get further and further is a fun challenge - much more fun than just clicking away with no resistance.

On all 5 worlds that I play both GBG and GE rankings are big deals in my Guilds (both Diamond and Platinum). YMMV

Bestio

Farmer
View attachment 8104
85 fights on 66.6%
129 fights on 56%
78 fights on 42%
8 fights on 0%-to adjust the fights at 300, searching for easy combos :))

Might be achievable 350-360 fights a day only with 66.6% camps support ...

So bad that in my guild none of us is at the stage to reach 130 attrition yet
- I try my best not to be afraid of the change, but still keep on thinking that the change will: no impact at all on very small guilds not into fighting, will have mid effect on the biggest guilds (= they will keep winning and governing maps, and get the most fp out of them, even if less than before) and will impact the most on medium sized guilds fighting season after season to remain in diamond guild to collect resources to increase players Great Buildings and Mall bonuses

Last edited:

Boo...

Baronet
I was referring to their fight count and rewards. If some only ever tried to get on the map when free hits were available, that is all they ever knew. If they started out in a guild that is Platinum or Diamond and only ever did checkerboards, it is possible. Those who worked their way up fighting with attrition learned to increase their fight count even with high attrition. We have faced many guilds in Diamond League that do checkerboards and have new players.

I and my guild still need to build up power, but we are experienced at fighting with attrition. It makes you stronger to face adversity. And pushing your limits every day to get further and further is a fun challenge - much more fun than just clicking away with no resistance.
We all started at the bottom and worked our way up. Everyone in the guild has been struggling for several years. No need to tell me to come to everything ready. We have achieved success through hard work. It wasn't easy. And we are ready for exhaustion. But, I do not see the point of fighting for emptiness.

Amdira

Baronet
Maybe the current changes have been considered BECAUSE the big guilds with the big players were ruining GbG for others. They are the ones with the big players doing thousands of daily fights in GbG for farming, which is now - after 2 years - being considered as unhealthy behaviour that has to be regulated. Average guilds with average GbG players have always been struggling with attrition as they seldom had the chance to be in the position to build 5 camps at all. The problem all guilds will have with this change is just the average setting of guilds - observed as well in the big ones as in the other ones. Most guilds are being set up with about 15-20% high score players, who have been running most of the GbG, about 20-40% casual GbG players with average possibilities and the rest didn't play GbG at all. Now - when the big players are struggling and can do only max 350 fights daily, the average players as well as the rest will have to be motivated to burn their units in GbG for limited rewards. Good luck!

It is on the very top of this thread.

not true. I've been in 3 top 10 guilds in EN and all have GE requirements and deadlines some as little as 12 hours and all put GbG at very high priority

Demeter7

Squire
We all started at the bottom and worked our way up. Everyone in the guild has been struggling for several years. No need to tell me to come to everything ready. We have achieved success through hard work. It wasn't easy. And we are ready for exhaustion. But, I do not see the point of fighting for emptiness.

Not everyone works their way up. I have seen new players in some Diamond level guilds, even if they are either big or small guilds who should not be in Diamond. They have a % who are higher level and are likely setting things up and strengthening the treasury. How many started out that way, perhaps as a friend who has a friend in the guild from another world. They start a new city and only ever do free hits in GBG. Are these newer players jumping in to do only free hits? If a player never experienced attrition, and was told by their guild to just build an Arc and we will give you free hits, then that player will not be prepared to actually fight.

If a guild is fighting with no attrition, then are they really "fighting"? Not really. They are just repeatedly clicking to get some rewards. Where is the challenge in that?

Owl II

Emperor
I play in a guild that is among the top five in GBG In the living world. Even in the best swap seasons with a good map (with successful slots) I rarely end the day with attrition below 70. Because there are provinces that border on only three slots. It happens that a partner has recklessly closed his province earlier. Or you have to get to distant provinces in several stages(in waterаfall). And if someone from the shore claims, you go to beat, not counting the SC. But everyone is sitting here right now and talking about zero attrition. Show it to me. Show it to me at least once. Or I'll finish the game, and I won't see him after the current changes.

I play in a guild that is among the top five in GBG In the living world. Even in the best swap seasons with a good map (with successful slots) I rarely end the day with attrition below 70. Because there are provinces that border on only three slots. It happens that a partner has recklessly closed his province earlier. Or you have to get to distant provinces in several stages(in waterаfall). And if someone from the shore claims, you go to beat, not counting the SC. But everyone is sitting here right now and talking about zero attrition. Show it to me. Show it to me at least once. Or I'll finish the game, and I won't see him after the current changes.
yes! please elaborate because most of these posts make it sound like all tiles are free! There is a ton of work and attrition to get this benefit

Amdira

Baronet
There's still a difference between having a 70% attrition at the end of the day and having the same after 4 hours

Boo...

Baronet
Not everyone works their way up. I have seen new players in some Diamond level guilds, even if they are either big or small guilds who should not be in Diamond. They have a % who are higher level and are likely setting things up and strengthening the treasury. How many started out that way, perhaps as a friend who has a friend in the guild from another world. They start a new city and only ever do free hits in GBG. Are these newer players jumping in to do only free hits? If a player never experienced attrition, and was told by their guild to just build an Arc and we will give you free hits, then that player will not be prepared to actually fight.

If a guild is fighting with no attrition, then are they really "fighting"? Not really. They are just repeatedly clicking to get some rewards. Where is the challenge in that?
Create such a guild! And you will understand what a hell of a job.