• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

CrashBoom

Legend
just wondering ?

can we have this improvement for the next GBG live season please :cool:

could be a part of another A/B test
half get the old version and the other half the new one ;)
(obviously all 8 guilds on one map will be in the same group)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
You know what's funny? Come tomorrow when GBg starts, no one is going to build an SC on any map but will build traps to make opposing guilds build up attrition much faster, thus ruling them out of the sector grab for the day. Inno hasn't announce the reduction of trap percentage, so I am thinking it will be 100% across the grid.

I just have that feeling.
I kind of doubt that - the most reasonable thing happening is that the SC checkerboard will prevail - it still will give decent rewards, but only the very big guilds will pull it off successfully

CrashBoom

Legend
You know what's funny? Come tomorrow when GBg starts, no one is going to build an SC on any map but will build traps to make opposing guilds build up attrition much faster, thus ruling them out of the sector grab for the day. Inno hasn't announce the reduction of trap percentage, so I am thinking it will be 100% across the grid.

I just have that feeling.
you know what's funny
people who only fight with 4+ SC in the old version will also only fight with 4 SC in the new version
o_O

Thunderdome

Emperor
you know what's funny
people who only fight with 4+ SC in the old version will also only fight with 4 SC in the new version
o_O
I'll sit and watch in the morning when I wake. Then I will go forth with torpedoes in bay and go about my day in GBg. I mostly grab sectors; the rewards are nice but I hardly expect them since they come a little of the time for me.

Then again, in the wake of this, why didn't Inno make it that we all get rewards after each battle/negotiation? That way, it won't feel like this was bad as it is.

Rest well my fellow players. This bloke's heading to bed after a movie.

Owl II

Emperor
you know what's funny
o_O
No. The funny thing is that people who are fighting only with 4+ SC, don't stay in healthy teams. They are either taught to work with everyone, or they are released. If they cause so much discontent, then this is a point to think and look at yourself and your team more carefully. Maybe it makes sense to change something on your own, without waiting for the developers to cut the farm for everyone?

trayk

Steward
I shall put it another way so you understand better.

Grant smaller guilds their RIGHT to fight also and not block them by leaving flags 159/160 and swap with the other big guild by exploiting the no attrition
Where is this right granted? some fabled foe constitutional document? You have a RIGHT to recruit, build, plan, assemble a team, go forth and CONQUER. NOTHING is given freely that is not earned. Don't like sitting on the sidelines, my guild didn't, we bid our time, and did everything I listed above, now we swap sectors with the whales and the medium guilds we are friendly with.

CrashBoom

Legend
STOP ADJUSTMENT
THAT IS ILLEGAL AND STEALING

player who spend goods to build sc and watchtower, what they spend should be what they get
if siegh camp is promised to have 24%, it will be reward as 24%
any less than 24% due to capping , it is STEAL and ILLEGAL

if Inno think GBG need to adjustment, go other way

1. reduce 24% down to 20% ( say), so it comply "what player spend is what they get"
2. reduce amount of available slot in sector such that guild can not get over 66.6%
...etc, it is Inno design issue, it is just a template of "how many slot in each sector", it is a ridicious adjustment that shows Inno do not do their design works

that is the work of Inno, do not push FoE player like that, that is STEALING
how can someone steal what already belongs to him ?

this game belongs to InnoGames
they can do whatever they want

you are only allowed to play it

and you should be more careful what terms and condition you accept in the internet

:rolleyes:

InnoGames can even decide to stop offering this game if they want o_O
and that is also legal. what would you do then ?

trayk

Steward
In my days I've regularly had seasons with 10k+ fights... the endless clickfest is the boring part of GBG, and a lot of players left because of it... and with about zero attrition throughout the day for most of the season, no need to improve the town besides Traz.
With the change there is now a limit of what can be achieved based on the city development instead of being based on "I'm a no-life, I can spend 20hours/day on FoE... I'm soooo good!!", hence again some motivation to dig details on mechanics and optimize the city accordingly. and likely guilds will have to think again and strategize, play as a team and organise... consequently, likely will see less parasites, and that is good, guilds will mean something again
it is also a way to take care of the script kiddies without effing with the privacy concerns.
it sounds like you are not part of the guilds leadership. The amount of time planning and coordinating with other guilds/guildleaders. Making certain to have available GbG commanders available even at 4 AM for flips and general C&C of the field. Many of us dedicate a lot of our time in this manner to give opportunities to the members of our team. This also increases one of the metrics online games use to determine how well they are doing. A time online/log ins per day. I do know the higher the number the better the game is seen as doing to the investors. Inno shooting itself in the foot by reducing the time online necessary per day just to appease the whiner/lazy class players . Go figure

Lindsay

Merchant
What a nightmare.
All that had to be done, - the same as in an guild expedition, to have a tournament with guilds from the other game worlds, so that the guilds could not coordinate with each other and correspond, the map will not belong to only two guilds after that.
And the second moment - the arrangement of the buildings on the map and sectors. It is more important to do the absolute opposite thing than we have right now - 4-5 lines of sectors have to have more buildings, and fewer victory points could be earned from them. And sectors on the 1-2-3 lines have 1-2 buildings, but a lot of victory points earn from these sectors. That would also change a lot. Weak guilds could easily go ashore, and large guilds would fight for the central sectors and gain level of attrition in 1-2-3 lanes many times more than now. But if you want to be #1 guild - you’ll have to fight for the sectors on the 1-2-3 lines, even though there are only 1-2 buildings on each sector.
Hope you understand what I mean..

Eleanor VII

Farmer
Zero attrition sectors were a way for guild younglings to grow. For all sorts of reasons, including earning FPs, getting from bronze age to latest ages already took a couple of years, which can be frustrating for some, especially those balancing needed attack/defence stats at every age one stops at. Now this process will take even longer, don't even know if it's worth it. Perhaps Inno's main goal here is to make players invest diamonds in events, each of the latest have been bringing new buildings to improve stats of our attacking army.
I started almost 2 years ago, the past 1.5 years in one of the top 20 guilds in my world. Just got to SAAB last week, just started feeling quite comfortable on the battlefield with 1500%/900% stats. My aim is/was SAV, still need lots of FPs to get there, talkless of awaiting GBs. Now this... Frankly this is discouraging.

I have read back through this thread and it seems that the people that support this change are the ones that it won't affect them. They are happy to eat popcorn along the sides and watch everything burn.
This is not the case.

I am in favor of this change and I have done up to 16k fights in some seasons.
And you know what? That stuff is tiring.
My guild will surely struggle after this change, because not even half of them participate in GBG, so we need those few players who are online a lot and do a majority of the fights.

So why am I for this change? Because the way the GBG has to be run at diamond league standard is unhealthy and many people don't realise they play too much until it's too late. I had to stop myself at times from playing by straight up leaving my guild for seven days or more.

Lindsay

Merchant
if you're really planning to do this nonsense, please, make a new great building, the main perk of which will be to reduce the level of attrition for the players. something like - from level 1 to 30 - reduced attrition by minus 1 per hour. 30 - 60 level - minus 2 per hour. 60 - 80 level - minus 3 attrition per hour.

Amdira

Baronet
It would also be helpful, if the at least the tavern boost for 4th trial on negs would support gbg then - as there will be some need to do more negs to fill the sectors without getting this much attrition.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
My quiet analysis:

- I think inno has taken too long (more than 2 years) before reacting to the attrition which generates too much dissatisfaction on the part of GbG growers.
- I think that limiting to 66.6% is too big a difference with what we know.
- I think that the attrition at 0 over hundreds of fights is a mistake on the part of the designers, if not a flaw.
- I think the biggest problem in GbG is the regrouping of guilds. Putting guilds in the same league that don't have the same abilities at all without allowing them to stay in a lower league penalizes everyone. The victims are spectators, the executioners are bored.

What I will propose to Inno are 2 important points:
- drastically limit the number of guilds in the diamond league, even if it means reducing earnings in other leagues to encourage progress.
- add 0.1 of attrition to each encounter, whatever the traps and camps, so that a limit is established by the number instead of the reduction in the profitability of the camps. So even with 5 camps, a player doing 160 fights would see his attrition go up by 16.