• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

sinaminn

Farmer
Well, if this hits live without major changes, that will be the day that I am gone from the game forever.

I know most won't care, and say adios, and that's fine.

Between Ads, PTP paywalls getting added, nerfing of recurring quests, etc, this would be the final straw. This also just informed me not to make any purchases on live for the upcoming events, because I'm not likely to around to enjoy the benefits.
I left my guild and disconnected my beta city yesterday. I'll hold off deleting until I find out if this foolishness is permanent. I've already given notice on live that I will be leaving the game entirely if it shows up there. I've heard from at least 8 top 50 accts there that they may beat me to the door. That's a lot of money walking away. Hope those mobile ads are profitable.

???? Is'nt that what happened all these time ??? Two guilds blocking everything keeping the other guilds on the outer side with no chance to build camps so their attrition is reached very fast.

Of course if beïng a guildmember means nothing and you don't care about the guild but care only for your profit. And during all this time players already changed guild to make more profit by joining a bigger guild or most of them changed guild because there were troubles in guild because some egoïst players took everything on GbG leaving nothing for other members
Not really. More and more medium guilds are able to participate in swaps or fights nowadays. The waterfall map is often divided by 3 or 4 guilds rather than 2. This allows players of medium guilds to have fun, profit and grow without leaving the guild. As a result, medium guilds become stronger rather than die.

Yekk

Viceroy
You don't get the point. It's not big guild against small guild that matters , that is the same as before, but if they also are countered with traps it will hurt the farmers who can do less fights and they will not be happy then.
This change does hurt everyone, on that I agree. It does not help the weak, it penalizes the strong...It does not fix any problem that has been brought up EXCEPT that some players win... Now we can't have winners now can we?

Last edited:

nobufusa

Farmer
Rebalance? Why? Why not reroll player rankings annually and each year reward the top 10 rank players with special buildings. Incentivize competition each year don't dumb it down. The better guilds and players will not change under this system or planned changes. BG will no longer be worth doing.
Other players have suggested cross world play or additional leagues, why go for a solution that hurts all players. Are we going to go back to opening fp packs one at a time to add points to a building because some players have millions of fp and others do not?

I hope this plan get buried. It is a real game killer if not.

Yekk

Viceroy
no
the small diamond league guilds want to play when they want to play

but they can't because 2 guilds are blocking the whole map
I am guessing there is still some of that but on most worlds as guilds became stronger the map was split in half (4 guilds). As even more guilds became stronger the outside was given to the weak. This league we have 7 guilds all of which hold tiles they can farm from. The guild in last place has 5 tiles. THAT is the new norm. Or I should say WAS...

Now this change does not fix in any way your problem does it? Those guilds will still be strong enough to easily stuff you in your base. I have put up solutions that address your problem. Other have also.

THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE...

Macha

Squire
i am always amused by the few players that claim FoE will die & disappear with a major change & there will be a mass exodus of players that the game wont be able to survive without them
INNO have been nerfing/rebalancing/changing the game for over 10 years & on many occassions their changes have caused players to leave but somehow the game is still here
players will adapt to the changes, those that dont will leave & in a few weeks they'll be forgotten by all but a few

Yekk

Viceroy
I shall put it another way so you understand better.

Grant smaller guilds their RIGHT to fight also and not block them by leaving flags 159/160 and swap with the other big guild by exploiting the no attrition

Best way for that is give those guilds the right to say no to the top diamond leagues. Diamond light with slightly less rewards. Or to stay in platinum. Platinum guilds no longer would have to tank their leagues to stay out of the 1K leagues. The best guilds would not want these leagues except as they were forced down. Not a perfect solution but compared to this travesty a sure winner.

nobufusa

Farmer
My world would die without me in it. I reject your hypothesis.
i am always amused by the few players that claim FoE will die & disappear with a major change & there will be a mass exodus of players that the game wont be able to survive without them
INNO have been nerfing/rebalancing/changing the game for over 10 years & on many occassions their changes have caused players to leave but somehow the game is still here
players will adapt to the changes, those that dont will leave & in a few weeks they'll be forgotten by all but a few

conqueror9

Regent
As the poll also ask the feedback stating the reason if possible
1. I vote "no", I do not object the GBG adjustment, but I object the methodology (way ) to make that adjustment
2. Inno can change the 24% down and alter amount of building slots to increase the diffculties such that attri can burnt faster in order to leave room/chance for other guilds to slip in
3. the current suggested adjustment appears to favor those player who do not have guild-co-operation
4. it is my understanding, u get 80 member hit a sector 2 times successful and end up a capture, you will have a fast capture than a strong guild with 40 members to hit 4 times. Some player are mis-leading strong guilds can control GBG, strong guild only has advantage of a higher rate of success hit only, it is far insufficient when facing a weak guild with tons of members doing co-operation hits.
5. GBG require tons of internal guild works and co-operation. This is fully comply with a GUILD Definition. Your guild do not work together and placing your guild in a weak position, you should not blame others.
6. No matter how weak your guild are, there are always 3 sector next to your HQ. Even those sector are in 159, you are still able to do your battles. Your leave that sector at 159 and do nothing except BLAMMing other, it is your problem. Facing sector with 159, that only mean that guild do not want to capture it. You can either Steal it or force that guild to close it. After 4 hour after that sector get capture by other guild, you still able to do your 160 battles. But most guild choose DO NOTHING except complaint unfair.
This is a war game, if you choose surrender and do nothing, then shut up. Even you a in worst condition, u choose to fight-back, you still able to get treasure during your fight-back.

7. The current problem in GBG, some guild believe it is a personal works and do not aware it require a high extensive guild co-operation. With a hugh personal effort, the return do not match their effort. With a small size (amount of member) of guild, insufficient guild effort result a not-good result, that is a SURE. This is GBG, GUILD batters, your guild with few members will place your guild in dis-advantage position as there is insfficient guild member to do works, that is completely comply with GUILD-WAR. While guild with sufficient members, no matter how weak they are comparing with those strong guild in the same GBG, there is no advantage in strong guild when facing numerous battles in a sector or tons of sectors on fire....

8. The MOST OBJECTION about the current adjustment, Inno has listed the reward of sc, 24% with amount of goods spent, that MUST COMPLY. Some player pay , but do not get the what they pay to buy, A lot of legal problem , dispute and arguement will result....
the correct approach are
a. just lowering 24% to another ??% ....Inno can always adjust down b4 introducing another test in next GBG if furthe rlowering is required
b. adjustment amount of building slot so that player lost their attri faster such that the "endless farming" can be reduced....

Thunderdome

Emperor
You know what's funny? Come tomorrow when GBg starts, no one is going to build an SC on any map but will build traps to make opposing guilds build up attrition much faster, thus ruling them out of the sector grab for the day. Inno hasn't announce the reduction of trap percentage, so I am thinking it will be 100% across the grid.

I just have that feeling.

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
For anyone that plays GBG, this change is a game killer. It will kill GBG. And FoE. Not only because it will be boring and there will be no motivation to improve one's town.
In my days I've regularly had seasons with 10k+ fights... the endless clickfest is the boring part of GBG, and a lot of players left because of it... and with about zero attrition throughout the day for most of the season, no need to improve the town besides Traz.
With the change there is now a limit of what can be achieved based on the city development instead of being based on "I'm a no-life, I can spend 20hours/day on FoE... I'm soooo good!!", hence again some motivation to dig details on mechanics and optimize the city accordingly. and likely guilds will have to think again and strategize, play as a team and organise... consequently, likely will see less parasites, and that is good, guilds will mean something again
it is also a way to take care of the script kiddies without effing with the privacy concerns.

Yekk

Viceroy

I have seen games die for much less. Empty worlds... Worlds merged... WoW...

mintbunnies

Farmer
In my days I've regularly had seasons with 10k+ fights... the endless clickfest is the boring part of GBG, and a lot of players left because of it... and with about zero attrition throughout the day for most of the season, no need to improve the town besides Traz.
With the change there is now a limit of what can be achieved based on the city development instead of being based on "I'm a no-life, I can spend 20hours/day on FoE... I'm soooo good!!", hence again some motivation to dig details on mechanics and optimize the city accordingly. and likely guilds will have to think again and strategize, play as a team and organise... consequently, likely will see less parasites, and that is good, guilds will mean something again
it is also a way to take care of the script kiddies without effing with the privacy concerns.
You seem to be the type of person I'm referring to. You have to resort to name calling in order to make a point.

And you are flat wrong about the motivation. GBG is popular because of the personal rewards. Why do you think GvG is dying? It is a prestige thing that is strategy for the guild and bragging rights for points. But tell me how popular GvG is in FoE as a percentage of players? As time spent? 15 minutes a day max? As a motivation for diamonds spent?

There is less reasons to optimize your town because the benefits of a large attack bonus does not translate into rewards. If this horrible change goes through there is no tangible benefit for having a strong town. A few more points of attrition translates to 10 more fights per day.

Why should anyone spend money and diamonds to optimize a town for that? What is the benefit of raising a town at a painful snail pace when I can simply put down full terrace farms and log in every day and collect and quit?

trayk

Steward
no
the small diamond league guilds want to play when they want to play

but they can't because 2 guilds are blocking the whole map
Then obviously they are in the WRONG LEAGUE. Its like taking the local American Legion Team and pitting them VS the Yankees & Red Socks. Of course they are going to get crushed. FIX THE DANG league ranking points before you start mucking around and ruining the GbG like you did years ago with GvG.

I voted no. I don't like it and ruins the game by trying to fix the gbg issues in this way.

Many have given good suggestions over the years since the first map. Try changing matchups or create another league to represent "top diamond".

Also, though I really prefer fighting or playing as medium sized guild disruptor over large guild farming. Its just more fun of strategy (though farming is useful to restock troops and goods after a rough fight season..)

However, disruptors have less opportunity now on the new map and many have stopped trying. Look at ways for disruptors to have a chance and they will cut down the farming and have fun doing it.

You could also look at camp placement to test how always having 1-2 slots on doorstep would help lower guilds get an edge in.

You could also introduce new functionality so that lower guilds could officially ally in the game. Could do something like guilds lower than 3rd could ally and then their camps benefit each other or even offer ability for them to pay diamonds to reduce a timer but not enough to totally screw up timer strategy (limit x times per day or season).

You could even do standard gbg vs unranked alternate/experimental where the other mode has some odd options such as capture the flag or even trading players (to ensure that smaller guilds could compete by swapping out weak with stronger from another or get a temp GL).

Just there are a lot of features that you can add that would rebalance or shake up the game in a fun way without limiting functionality to achieve it.

Owl II

Emperor
You know what's funny? Come tomorrow when GBg starts, no one is going to build an SC on any map but will build traps to make opposing guilds build up attrition much faster, thus ruling them out of the sector grab for the day. Inno hasn't announce the reduction of trap percentage, so I am thinking it will be 100% across the grid.

I just have that feeling.
I don't think all the players are so stupid. But there will be some too, for sure

Atokirina

Squire
I'm genuinely very happy with this change. It became way too much of a grind.

It's been a while since one of the announcements made me happy.

CrashBoom

Legend
Then obviously they are in the WRONG LEAGUE. Its like taking the local American Legion Team and pitting them VS the Yankees & Red Socks. Of course they are going to get crushed. FIX THE DANG league ranking points before you start mucking around and ruining the GbG like you did years ago with GvG.
obviously:
why not just put the 8 best guilds into one league

and best would be the amount of advances in the previous season

wouldn't that be fun:
a battlefield where all 8 guilds did 200k+ advances in the previous season
(or are they doing 500k ???)