• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

-Alin-

Emperor
popcorn-watching.gif

Anyway, I am pretty sure this will hit live, „we need more data to gather and beta is not enough” ...

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I would rather suggest (as done earlier) to increase the diamond costs for instant building. As it seems one of the reasons for this "balance" is the fact, that there are too many diamonds being collected through gbg and Inno is missing some customers :) - Most of the "bad boys or girls" farming are just instant building SCs for themselves without announcing it for the rest of the guild and farming some sectors alone or together with other big farmers.

Doubt that matters. If (!) Inno made this change to limit people farming diamonds as well is because of people chessboarding the map. Those who do so can farm thousand(s) of diamonds for free, since you don't need to diamond SCs, you can just let them finish (2h vs. 4h).

Yekk

Regent
Does your guild set a minimum performance standard for GBG encounters and have the discipline to enforce it without exception? If not, it will need to start if this idea was ever implemented. Currently. "dead weight" is costless to all but guilds with 80 members and a wait list.

popcorn-watching.gif

Anyway, I am pretty sure this will hit live, „we need more data to gather and beta is not enough” ...
I suggest the UK and Czech Republic servers. Both have robust worlds. It has been a while but I believe CZ has in game polling.

There are a lot of good ideas stated in the comments. My vote is still no to these changes as stated. It would be like going to McDonalds and not being able to get a hamburger. Just like McDonalds has added new items to their menu over the years, INNO can add a new product without messing with the camps that everyone is gobbling up like a McDonald's hamburger.

However, my solution has changed. I would request that the developers create a 3rd rotating season The season would contain up to 3 mystery rounds that no one has tested before. The rules would be posted at beginning of season. For example They could test this SC idea with a 3 day round So they could do 3 rounds in one mystery season. The reason I say 3 days is the reality is by the 3rd day everyone knows how the round will end. I suggest resetting every ones LP to zero for this mystery round. Also on the current maps reset the LP to zero after about 2 years.

It takes a long time for guilds to react to new rule changes. As an example the guilds in Carthage are playing the island map totally different from the original map. I think it will take another 6 months to see what the island map really does for gbg. I think it has been very positive for a new world more so than an established world. It is the most I have ever seen guild work together. It is pretty much every guild that works together.

I would also suggest creating a new map with buildings that favor a totally different city layout to support it. The well balanced guilds will be
able to play on all maps. I also suggest a totally logic based map like chess that gives no advantage to any type of guild. It would be about strategy alone. A few starting points would be every guild gets same amount of goods to start, attrition is based on distance from base.

I also suggest making a guilds LP be different for each map. When calculating ranking you would cut the multiplier by 3 then add the resulting prestige points from the 3 maps.

To restate the big picture of my suggestions I think the developers should create a 3rd mystery season to test a bunch of different ideas in three three day rounds so that they can see what guilds on live servers actually do with any new rules.

jovada

Regent
you mean when the whales stopped playing FoE because they are pissed off over the GBG changes? sounds realistic
First i really doubt how many whales will stop playing, you may yell as much as you like but at the end most of them still will play.
And if the few whales who quit the game because their only interest is farming in GbG then maybe foe is not a game for them

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Let's see the plausible reasons for this change by Innogames and the results:

- if it is to fight bots and macros, then yes it will disgust them without them being able to enrich themselves beyond reason.
- if it is to mitigate the gains of some, then yes it will work and any complaints will be in vain.
- if it is to reduce the activity on the computer servers, then it will reduce them enormously.
- if it's to make attrition important, even if this fix is late, then yes it will work.
- if the goal is to force players to negotiate more and therefore potentially use more diamonds, this is still a viable solution.
- if the goal is to purge the worlds of over-optimized players, no matter what you say, they won't change their minds.
- if the goal is to better distribute the guilds within the leagues according to their capacity, once again that will be the case.
- if the goal is to satisfy the "jealous" as you say, then they would have to be more numerous or more important overall in expenditure for Inno to listen to them, which would make this fix logical.
- if the goal is to satisfy the "jealous" as you say, without them being more numerous or more important overall in expenditure, no need to dispute, they will then be alone in their error.

jovada

Regent
It would be like going to McDonalds and not being able to get a hamburger. Just like McDonalds has added new items to their menu over the years, INNO can add a new product without messing with the camps that everyone is gobbling up like a McDonald's hamburger.
Allow me a little bit of sarcasm, i don't think McDonalds will give me free hamburgers all day long like fighting with 0 attrition gives free rewards all day long.

CrashBoom

Legend
I suggest the UK and Czech Republic servers. Both have robust worlds. It has been a while but I believe CZ has in game polling.
I suggest german servers

they have 22 worlds. the first started in April 2012
would deliver great data

Last edited:
Allow me a little bit of sarcasm, i don't think McDonalds will give me free hamburgers all day long like fighting with 0 attrition gives free rewards all day long.
They do it with happy meals. Happy meals are always a net loss to McDonald's. But they use it as a marketing tool. Because if they hook that child that child will eventually buy about $50,000 worth of food in his or her lifetime.

jovada

Regent
They do it with happy meals. Happy meals are always a net loss to McDonald's. But they use it as a marketing tool. Because if they hook that child that child will eventually buy about $50,000 worth of food in his or her lifetime.
Just like foe sometimes gives shopping bonus, buy diamonds now and receive 50% more , sometimes even 100% or 200% more.

But like i said i will not have free hamburgers all day long like you have free rewards all day long without attrition

King Flush

Marquis
First i really doubt how many whales will stop playing, you may yell as much as you like but at the end most of them still will play.
And if the few whales who quit the game because their only interest is farming in GbG then maybe foe is not a game for them
there you go again putting the reasons as to why some may leave the game in your eyes, obviously it's a matter of opinion but mine would be the dedicated competitive players 'whales' as you so badly care to label them may stop playing as there will be a loss of the competitve element of the game, much like a world class sprinter may not wish to compete in an egg and spoon race.

King Flush

Marquis
just wondering:
why didn't the 229 no-voters from here didn't vote against it there o_O
maybe not everyone was aware of previous discussions? people don't tend to come out to protest until something is current, does that lessen their right to speak out when it happens or proposed to happen, I think not!

HunZ95

Squire
Just like foe sometimes gives shopping bonus, buy diamonds now and receive 50% more , sometimes even 100% or 200% more.

But like i said i will not have free hamburgers all day long like you have free rewards all day long without attrition
Every sector have hit limit and 4 hours time lock.
so it's a wrong statement all day availability.

jovada

Regent
there you go again putting the reasons as to why some may leave the game in your eyes, obviously it's a matter of opinion but mine would be the dedicated competitive players 'whales' as you so badly care to label them may stop playing as there will be a loss of the competitve element of the game, much like a world class sprinter may not wish to compete in an egg and spoon race.
Again if some of thos players will leave the game because their only interest in the game is the winnings they can have with GbG then maybe foe is not a game for them, other big players will adapt just like they adapted to GvG or other change made by foe during these 10 years.

Maybe you better can compare it with the points given to GB in the past, players started to level their buildings to have ridiculous billion points, so foe adapted it to be more normal and not giving lots of ranking points away everytime you leveled a building.

Now foe is doing the same with GbG also cutting the exploit of farming with 0 attrition.

Owl II

Emperor
I returned to the guild to see how it works. I'm terrified after 5 days. If in the early days there was still some sense in this, now it is completely lost. Provinces are open for days. Flags hang for days. Siege camps are built messy. It feels like everyone has lost interest in this entertainment. I hope this is because summer and that the gaming activity on beta has never been high. But if such a situation is a result of the rebalance being discussed, then it is worse PVP arena. This is much worse than the PVP arena! 18,000 guild prestige points are not tied to the PVP arena...

jovada

Regent
Every sector have hit limit and 4 hours time lock.
so it's a wrong statement all day availability.
Why always misquote and turn arguments
Please think a little bit more , they have a limit of 4h time lock , so that means they also come free 6 times a day because a day has 24h , and when i play at night i always see some activity to because some players maybe only have time to fight at that time, so whenever you jump in you always have the opportunity to fight at every moment of the day , ai ai no i forgot except if everyting is blocked by two guilds sharing the map and swapping leaving nothing for the others.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
maybe not everyone was aware of previous discussions? people don't tend to come out to protest until something is current, does that lessen their right to speak out when it happens or proposed to happen, I think not!
but what if this was too late :rolleyes:

and InnoGames only thinking about the cap at 4 or 5 camps ?
and won't remove it totally anymore

yes --> it stays at 4
no --> we will change it to 5
o_O