• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Uh, no. Two-thirds of the contributors to this thread don't want it. This is a very, very small subset of the player base.

so you think the results would be different if the whole player base was to vote?

i think it would be a near identical result.

And if this voting was irrelevant then why even start a poll here? could as well just ignore the poll and release the changes either way (which will probably happen)

Nansoon

Farmer
Off hand, this is too much of a hit. No reason to not have watchtowers and camps stack. A more reasonable limit would have been the 80% limit from 3 camps at 24%, plus an 8% tower, or some combination of towers and camps. This would still allow for a player with 80 attrition limit to get up to 400 fights per day, while limiting the seemingly endless zero attrition players.

Even with the suggested limit, it means only players with high attrition capability will enjoy…and even not sure. New/middle rank players will be discouraged by the new system. They won’t be able to rise their military GB as fast as now = higher discouragement.
I am against the change as it is now.

Even with the suggested limit, it means only players with high attrition capability will enjoy…and even not sure. New/middle rank players will be discouraged by the new system. They won’t be able to rise their military GB as fast as now = higher discouragement.
I am against the change as it is now.

the current attrition system lets smaller well organized guilds stand a chance against guilds with alot of guild members, and is therefore challenging and fun, because tactics, engagement and diplomacy are needed.

When the changes go live, only mass matters, because it heavily favors guilds with alot of members. I believe its going to be boring as hell compared to what it is now, because they are taking away all the exciting and memorable moments from GBG.

They are reducing it to a dumb whacking on a few sectors until your daily attrition is full.

And not only that: They are punishing those who invested in Obsi, Atomium and AI Core, because much less fights per day mean much less Guild-Goods will be needed.

But those who invested heavily in these BG‘s should be rewarded not punished.

Thats why i repeat my proposal to leave everything as it is and only double or even triple the guild goods needed for siege camps and watch towers.

This would also boost the importance of LB’s like Babel, Markusdome and other LB‘s which produce goods, because if a guild burns through double or triple the goods, it’s members must manually restore any bottlenecks by trading on the market and then donating to their respective guild

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
FOE is a game right! can I make an assumption that most if not all people who play a game have at least some desire to progress/compete? sure... the level of how competitive players are varies, but why categorise those that are highly competitive players as 'greedy' I think this is a poor choice of words and by definition very innacurate for the most part.

I consider myself hugely competitive and for me and like minded players FOE caters for this, I see GBG in it's current form really the only aspect of the game where this is satisfied and see it as a sport within the game, somewhere where you can not only try to build your city in such a way that it improves your fighting ability but also by increasing your own tactical ability in GBG.

My personal belief is that for those who wish to put vast amount of time and effort into focussing on this already are perhaps not rewarded enough I think that the advantage of someone who's attack stats are in the 1000's as opposed to someone with just a few 100 is not great enough but certainly there is at least some kind of balance, means they may just do slightly better (for their huge efforts) than someone who is not GBG focussed and chooses to maybe set their city up to deliver more FP's or those who choose to earn from, sniping, plundering or Arc profiteering a lot of these methods can give similar rewards with far less effort. Personally I don't like sniping despite it being a really time efficient easy way to gain FP's it offers no actual fun and actually feel guilty especially if it is clear that the victim would be losing out in that they would usually be expecting to get 1.9 rate on a position that I have just undercut.

'farming' what is 'farming'? and why is it being used in these discussions to try to promote negative feelings? the game is set up that FP's are needed if you wish to level GB's or to progress through the ages this is by design, GBG is no more farming than city collection farming or farming from sniping I assume those that are using the word such a manner still 'farm' FP's in one way or another. so give it a rest and let those that wish to earn from GBG the right to do so as I have no problem in the way you may wish to go about your FP gathering. Everyone has options let's not limit them, would be terrible in my opinion if sniping becomes even more so the way to go if you want to advance.

I beg for the developers to not bring this proposal in even in some lesser varient than what is currently rolled out on beta, I see it completely taking away the competitive element of the game and really messing with the 'balance' in a very negative way, there will be a massive shift as to which GB's are best to level, will completely nerf virtually all buildings in the game where FP producing buildings will become much more effective. For sure some will still set their city up orientating for attack to get those few extra fights but won't be an efficient way to play. be a bit like still wanting to have a Ferrari just to say you have one rather than being able to take it out on the track anymore (or at least on a track where you can put foot to the floor and compete) mentioned it before but there would have to be something done about the advanced age units play style, this is one balance that I do think needs addressing already, with these proposals it will be to use Jovada's word 'rediculous' the advantage that players will be able to achieve with their Industrial Age Hovers than those that have progressed through the ages and developed their cities further, surely to have the ideal age to be at being Industrial makes a bit of a mockery of the game.

Such a massive shift in goal post will likely I suggest make those that remain in the game completely untrust Inno that they won't do the same again in the future, whether there is a disclaimer stating that they have the right to change the game as they wish or not it is simply not fair to the players who have invested time, effort and in a lot of cases money in developing their cities and game strategies in one direction to then change all that in an instant.

BrisaMarisa

Farmer
When the changes go live, only mass matters, because it heavily favors guilds with alot of members. I believe its going to be boring as hell compared to what it is now, because they are taking away all the exciting and memorable moments from GBG.

my fear is that we will also see a lot of multiplayers in order to have greater power in guild

jovada

Regent

They are reducing it to a dumb whacking on a few sectors until your daily attrition is full.
What are the exciting and memorable moments ? You mean the free rewards and endless farming ? Cause fighting the other guilds is still there you now or was that not important ?

Dumb whacking on a few sectors till attrition is full ???? Of course it is intelligent whacking all day long without attrition

jovada

Regent
GBG is no more farming than city collection farming or farming from sniping I assume those that are using the word such a manner still 'farm' FP's in one way or another. so give it a rest and let those that wish to earn from GBG the right to do so as I have no problem in the way you may wish to go about your FP gathering. Everyone has options let's not limit them, would be terrible in my opinion if sniping becomes even more so the way to go if you want to advance.
I agree everbody farms but from your city you farm what you invest, you construct, level GB you do your innings, but you have no option to do endless inning.

Sniping is a right you have and can do, but those who do so that says more of their mentality cause you bring direct loose to the other player and often to weaker players, not mentioning some come with guildie together to pay 2/3th and afflict even more loss.

GbG you still can farm and have a -66.6% attrition and those players will still farm, after all if you don't play you have nothing right?? But why should it be endless without attrition ?

What are the exciting and memorable moments ? Y

i could tell you alot stories, ill cut it down though to the last GBG round:

we were facing two white whale guilds (one of which we hated) who joined their forces to swap sectors with each other (one being the red guild on the gbg map, the other being the pink). They did not let us conquer one single sector beyond the outermost ring.

I need to add that each of them had triple the members and triple the strength per member, compared to our guild)

Then we decided to tidy up and get our stuff together, just because we wanted to see the one white whale guild (the red one) which we hated loose.

we mobilized everyone in the guild during a particular time of the day, organized our tactical plan in every detail to suddenly strike so hard, that we repeadedly took the whole map.

Everyone in our guild was excited to the brim.

This caught their attention of course and it gained us the respect from the pink guild.

what followed was that we took over the spot from
the red guild (via diplomacy) and for the rest of the gbg round it was us and the pink guild who swapped sectors.

You can tell if an online game is a good game: If stories like the above are being told.

But in FoE tjey be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
I agree everbody farms but from your city you farm what you invest, you construct, level GB you do your innings, but you have no option to do endless inning.

Sniping is a right you have and can do, but those who do so that says more of their mentality cause you bring direct loose to the other player and often to weaker players, not mentioning some come with guildie together to pay 2/3th and afflict even more loss.

GbG you still can farm and have a -66.6% attrition and those players will still farm, after all if you don't play you have nothing right?? But why should it be endless without attrition ?
you say from your city you farm what you invest, how so is that different than GBG? you still invest in your city just in another manner and your rewards are on the battlefield rather than at your cities doors, only difference being GBG you have to put more effort in to get your rewards.
Where even is this 'endless innings' you mention? my stats are pretty decent but I don't get endless rewards I manage my attrition to a degree mainly so I can play for longer and able to help lead for a greater amount of time but I still pick up attrition and if there are important sectors that require racing will be the first to step in and take the damage even if the support is lacking, often one or two said sectors in a round may have me attritioned out for the day. from a big guild very competitive in GBG and I'd say we have very few if any players who solely go on and hit only free attrition sectors, they wouldn't be welcomed in the guild for very long if they did this.

King Flush

Marquis

we were facing two white whale guilds (one of which we hated) who joined their forces to swap sectors with each other (one being the red guild on the gbg map, the other being the pink). They did not let us conquer one single sector beyond the outermost ring.

I need to add that each of them had triple the members and triple the strength per member, compared to our guild)

Then we decided to tidy up and get our stuff together, just because we wanted to see the one white whale guild (the red one) which we hated loose.

we mobilized everyone in the guild during a particular time of the day, organized our tactical plan in every detail to suddenly strike so hard, that we repeadedly took the whole map.

This caught their attention of course and it gained us the respect from the pink guild.

the red guild (via diplomacy) and for the rest of the gbg round it was us and the pink guild who swapped sectors.

You can tell if an online game is a good game: If stories like the above are being told.

I was going to add a very similar point to my last post, even big dominating guilds probably only have a handful of fighters online hitting sectors at any given time, with a bit of coordination lesser guilds can mobilise players for a big break out push and they have a very good chance of doing some damage, most don't do this but it's always good fun when see it happen, those that never try, well lack of effort isn't it!

HunZ95

Squire
by the way, this is a wrong statement.
the recurring quest was endless farming options before the restriction.
in gbg, every sector has a hit limit and a 4-hour time lock.

lacsapgaah

Farmer

What a great adventure, memorable moments. I'm sure you're willing to give up all your rewards to be able to relive such a moment.
Let's ask Inno to remove the rewards to focus on tactics and experience the thrill of these great adventures.

jovada

Regent
@King Flush

So if you play the game and are not afraid to take attrition you still be happy with -66.6% attrition,
When i say endless rewards i mean the few whales that only come in all day long only fighting when there are plenty of camps to fight with 0% attrition and doing more then1000 fights a day, they don't care about guild or guildmates, most of them even have the mentality of hurry, hurry to take sector before an other guildmate jumps in.

so you think the results would be different if the whole player base was to vote?
Yes, I do.
i think it would be a near identical result.
You have a right to your opinion.
And if this voting was irrelevant then why even start a poll here? could as well just ignore the poll and release the changes either way (which will probably happen)
In my opinion, the vote is a straw poll and that INNO is not obligated to make decisions based on it.

What a great adventure, memorable moments. I'm sure you're willing to give up all your rewards to be able to relive such a moment.
Let's ask Inno to remove the rewards to focus on tactics and experience the thrill of these great adventures.

rewards are the very essence of most online games, they encourage players to participate in a certain activity.

to begin with, if GBG had no rewards, almost no one would participate. well, i personally wouldnt

the current attrition system lets smaller well organized guilds stand a chance against guilds with alot of guild members, and is therefore challenging and fun, because tactics, engagement and diplomacy are needed.

And not only that: They are punishing those who invested in Obsi, Atomium and AI Core, because much less fights per day mean much less Guild-Goods will be needed.

But those who invested heavily in these BG‘s should be rewarded not punished.

Thats why i repeat my proposal to leave everything as it is and only double or even triple the guild goods needed for siege camps and watch towers.

This would also boost the importance of LB’s like Babel, Markusdome and other LB‘s which produce goods, because if a guild burns through double or triple the goods, it’s members must manually restore any bottlenecks by trading on the market and then donating to their respective guild
Do you realize the contradiction in these two statements? Increasing the cost of SCs and WTs will favor the big guilds.