• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

King Flush

Marquis
In other words, you don't have any personal experience to know with certainty. Like I said, ungrounded assertions. Doesn't necessarily make you wrong, just doesn't convincingly make you right.
you don't get from my analogies that sometimes you know to enough certainty of something that experiencing it is not neccessary? but you go ahead and dismiss my opinions if you like as it is no doubt opposes that of your own. so will suit you to do so.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What I find stupid is to complain without any concrete feedback.
You speculate on the reason for the modification by Innogames, which affects your answers.
Provide feedback without taking sides to try to influence Innogames according to its desired goal.

Because at the moment, only those who are not in professional guilds have said that they can now fight without being stuck in HQ.
But if your only argument is that you earn less, I think Inno knew that before implementing it.

I do not share @-NinjAlin- 's opinion but he is the only one to argue his experience.

King Flush

Marquis
You speculate on the reason for the modification by Innogames, which affects your answers.
Provide feedback without taking sides to try to influence Innogames according to its desired goal.

Because at the moment, only those who are not in professional guilds have said that they can now fight without being stuck in HQ.
But if your only argument is that you earn less, I think Inno knew that before implementing it.
It's funny, I have expressed numerous problems that I see resulting from this that no one from the 'for' camp have been able to give any answer to nor have they been able to tell me why rewards from GBG should be cut anymore than other means of gaining rewards should be cut. this is on the basis that it's that being one of the reasons as to why this has been proposed but I have also addressed comments relating to allowing other guilds to participate more on the map I'd just be repeating myself to reiterate all that again.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
No you expressed things that CAN happen not what you see now.
And again, I don't share your spirit of anticipation.
Your only real analysis (false in my eyes) is that the majority of active GbG players will quit.
I bet looking on external sites that there won't even be 100 stops per world and sometimes it will be the same players.

Then you ask the players why Inno went down. No one will answer you.
On the other hand, if you reread my posts, I looked for the possible reasons without stopping on one with the most open mind possible.

I understand your frustration, but it is not by repeating that it is unfair to have invested so much to no longer earn enough that you will change Innogames' mind. Just like threatening to quit en masse and which we will continue to see in 6 months.
I will not stoop to reminding everyone who announced they are still there, I pity them.

It's funny, I have expressed numerous problems that I see resulting from this that no one from the 'for' camp have been able to give any answer to nor have they been able to tell me why rewards from GBG should be cut anymore than other means of gaining rewards should be cut. this is on the basis that it's that being one of the reasons as to why this has been proposed but I have also addressed comments relating to allowing other guilds to participate more on the map I'd just be repeating myself to reiterate all that again.
You're asking for possible solutions to problems that may, or may not, occur. That is a waste of time. The intent of this thread is to gather feedback regarding the implementation of changes to the SC/WT buildings, not to explore countless other things that INNO could consider. There are threads on Beta Forum and the live Forums (at least on the US server) that have been debating this subject for over 2 years. No consensus there either.

Yekk

Viceroy
I suggest german servers

they have 22 worlds. the first started in April 2012
would deliver great data
If you are looking first then the US which was the first life server and has more worlds but I prefer servers that are unbiased. It really does not matter where as I have no doubts the negatives will match what we see here. CZ server is unique though in that it asks players in game their views. I guess that could be done on most servers if Inno so chose.
The fact this change does not balance anything, does not help the weak, does hurt most players, will empty worlds all lead me to that obvious conclusion.

King Flush

Marquis
No you expressed things that CAN happen not what you see now.
And again, I don't share your spirit of anticipation.
Your only real analysis (false in my eyes) is that the majority of active GbG players will quit.
I bet looking on external sites that there won't even be 100 stops per world and sometimes it will be the same players.

Then you ask the players why Inno went down. No one will answer you.
On the other hand, if you reread my posts, I looked for the possible reasons without stopping on one with the most open mind possible.

I understand your frustration, but it is not by repeating that it is unfair to have invested so much to no longer earn enough that you will change Innogames' mind. Just like threatening to quit en masse and which we will continue to see in 6 months.
I will not stoop to reminding everyone who announced they are still there, I pity them.
I agree with your last 3 words, 'I pity them' too

King Flush

Marquis
players leaving may be a slow burner, understandably many players that have invested a lot in the game will find it difficult to switch off straight away, I put forward many more points than suggesting a mass exodus and yet you pick this one admitadly speculative opinion rather than picking up any of the factual statements. how convenient.

HunZ95

Squire
Pfff ok 1/3th of battles without penalty that is 3500 free fights right? So how many free rewards you receive on 3500 fights with no effort of attrition.

always trying to counter but never give an answer for example

foe corrected the billions of rankingpoints farming exploited by leveling GB
foe corrected the exploit of pointfarming in GvG by making champions obsolete there.
foe corrected the exploit of recurring quests by limiting them.
foe correct the exploit of massive reward and pointfarming obtained with no attrition in GbG

For those arguments they mostly are blind and never give a response hahaha
You see the recurring quest e.g. it really was an endless farming opportunity, that could be exploited with a program. But GBG currently has several limitations, so even if they use anything, they can't spin it endlessly.

Again a good amount of rewards for 200 or 300 fights is not enough , it must be endless with not attrition , and you are sure it has nothing to do with greed?
There are definitely players who can lead by example, but believe me, most members of the best guilds would play gbg even if only the guild got rewards. On the other hand, the lone wolves of the small guilds you campaigned for probably wouldn't fight a single battle if they weren't personally rewarded for it. So after all, who plays or would play for personal rewards only?

HunZ95

Squire
I asked a very good question, to this day there was no answer from either the forge team or anyone else.
The question is, will guilds in the future have to settle for 20 minutes of GBG and a few minutes of GVG battles, no matter what strength level they are?
Because according to NinjAlin test, GBG will not last more than 20-30 minutes per day even for the strongest players.
And that's really all I'm interested in, even though many people divert the topic to personal rewards and other things.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I asked a very good question, to this day there was no answer from either the forge team or anyone else.
The question is, will guilds in the future have to settle for 20 minutes of GBG and a few minutes of GVG battles, no matter what strength level they are?
The team won't answer you, they don't know the designers' projects themselves (who, as a reminder, never come to this forum).
And once again you are not asked what can happen, but what you see.
Until you understand the principle of "feedback", not only will you not solve your problem, but your opinion will not be taken into account any more than the results of the votes.

HunZ95

Squire
The team won't answer you, they don't know the designers' projects themselves (who, as a reminder, never come to this forum).
And once again you are not asked what can happen, but what you see.
Until you understand the principle of "feedback", not only will you not solve your problem, but your opinion will not be taken into account any more than the results of the votes.
This is what I see on the beta server.
The future tense is there because it's not yet rolled out to normal servers.
I'm just waiting for a solution that is acceptable to everyone. It won't be perfect for all players and guilds, but now things have gone in one direction, that's all it favors smaller guilds and lone players at a minimal level, but it significantly hinders the others. and I don't mean primarily personal rewards, before someone brings it up again.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor

I do not share @-NinjAlin- 's opinion but he is the only one to argue his experience.

Maybe I am, but here are several other players who can express their experience like Nessie, PackCat, Titus, my guildmates Tanmay and Ushi, both very experienced players and playing FoE around the same time as me, and few others too.

I have no problem with other players expressing their feelings or complaints about this change even if they are from other servers, to be sincere I read almost each post here and I made an idea already, some people are here just for trolling or like others said "InnoGames puppets", others are intrigued about this change and the lost ability of farming and others seem very happy about this change, but again, this feeling of theirs is either driven from their weakness and not being able to farm being part of smaller guilds which were matched with "whales" or people which are simply tired of grinding and wanting something else, like war, but sadly there will be no war with this new change, not in the first few weeks or months, people will still want to grind, so most likely they will prefer leaving camps and just rotate the sectors but with more guilds not only the main 2, all depending on their activity and attack stats and how they were matched.

I will miss the old days of farming with my guildmates, like it was in SAAB where everything went crazy with nailstorms, the time where I got lots of fragments for Roads to victory and Statues of Honor.
I can't say this change was needed or wanted by many players, because obviously IS NOT, there can be other ways to improve it and make a nice enviroment for everyone, all is at the matchmakings and players activity+treasury stocks.
I had no problem with other players doing 10k-20k per round, they sacrificed their time, and the time used in this game "rewarded" them, even if some people are completely against this thing.

Right now being limited to 300-350 fights a day, assuming You can reach 130-140 attrition everyday is a bit too drastic, gbg feels dead slow, you enter 1-2 times a day, drop Your attrition for like 40 minutes (270-280 fights), do some screenshots like I do to post here the "results" , do some manual fights because I lose hundreds of units a day if I do auto after 120 attrition, and it's done for the day ...
"It saved a lot of time and people will sleep more", here I can agree, but, GbG will slowly die, not because people can't adapt to these changes, but they will lose their interest in GbG because they were used to farming and profitability, it will take at least half a year, after my estimations for people to get used for fewer fights and less rewards and probably they will drop their attrition on whatever sector they find opened and cut a lot of their attack stats and will opt again for buildings which will give forge points also, this will be the happiest scenario.
I had some friends or people that I knew which quit this game after the Reccuring Quests nerfing, it will be similar right now with GbG if this is going live.

As one of my good friend said few days ago after quiting FoE 3 months ago, "st__m summer sales are here, get and grab some real games out there and stop being Inno's bit...", You get the idea.

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
Because according to NinjAlin test, GBG will not last more than 20-30 minutes per day even for the strongest players.
And that's really all I'm interested in, even though many people divert the topic to personal rewards and other things.
But one time you say guild and another time you say individual player.

There are 1440 minutes in a day , let us say you are active all day long and can play 900 minutes total (because several time a day sectors will be locked 4h)
Your guild has 40 strong players and let us say 5 whales play a day long exploiting as many 0 attrition as they can , each during 2h (120mintes x5=600minutes) leaving 300 minutes for the other 35 players, 10 players do nothing so 300minutes : 25= 12 minutes you allow the other guildmates to fight.

Of course this example is just a theorie and means nothing, just like saying it's the dead of GbG when nothing is really tested on live, we can go on and on then with speculations.

I'll answer your good silly question. Of course, most players will have to settle for less GBG time. Players will max out on attrition faster therefore their GBG day will end sooner.

Owl II

Emperor
The answer is obvious, i think. The mechanics have not changed. The 4-hour timers have not changed. The number of provinces on the map has not changed. If the guild wants to dominate, it will have to do the same job. Only coordination will be more difficult now. Unless... unless it hits the gaming community so hard that it completely loses interest in GBG. Then it will be like on beta now: no one will play.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Then it will be like on beta now: no one will play.
Nobody ?
Because you really believe that those who are less impacted by this update will stop everything?
If professional guilds shut down GbGs, then average guilds will get the lion's share.