• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
i dont get what is 4th slot abuse. Can you explain?
if you are talking about not llsijg points for 4h place - i think thats 2nd place should lose points.
The "strategy" 4h-slot exploit is abusing the 4h slot. By putting up 159/160 advancements. Than flipping it to lock it for 4h. Refresh it with an alley after 4h. This way effectively you've become untouchable and invincible. Which is obviously abuse.
However it's commonly excused and justified. Whatever the justification, the fact remains that it's an exploit that blocks GbG for an entire season for up to 6 other guilds. In GvG this was done before. By granting freedom to coastal sectors and retaking them. Farming points and creating an impenetrable wall. The abusive points farming has been reduced since it has been addressed many years ago. This is no different.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If the reward for the 1st place will be much better than for 2nd place - there will be no exchanges and chesboards. Only fights.
Do you really believe that after all this time in GbG, ranking rewards are still sought after?
Other than the new ones that need more Statue of Honor shards or Victory Roads or even Elephant Citadels.
I removed them all because the event buildings offer better, much better.
The only way to see fights, in my opinion, is that we no longer immediately receive all the rewards of fights, that they are given only at the end of the GbG with a reduction.

1st place: 100% of rewards
2nd place: 80% of rewards
3rd place: 60% of rewards
4th and 5th place: 40% of the rewards
6th to 8th place: 20% of rewards

Thus a member of a guide having accumulated 1,000 SP but his guild finishing 2nd, would only receive 800 SP.

There the battles would take place!

In GvG this was done before. By granting freedom to coastal sectors and retaking them
its strategy

both is strategy. You want to get from base? Get more ppl online.

this is srsly not a problem. Thos guilds should not play with others. But in FOE there are to few strong guilds. On my server - 4-8 strong guilds. So we would have to fight each other everytime.

Maybe decreas the number of guilds to 3 for map? It would be enough

Do you really believe that after all this time in GbG, ranking rewards are still sought after?
Other than the new ones that need more Statue of Honor shards or Victory Roads or even Elephant Citadels.
The only way to see fights, in my opinion, is that we no longer immediately receive all the rewards of fights, that they are given only at the end of the GbG with a reduction:
1st place: 100% of winnings
as i was saying. Take away single player rewards. Give some extra building for wining. Les fragments for 2nd place and decreas ranking points for being second in diamond.

jovada

Regent
its strategy

this is srsly not a problem. Thos guilds should not play with others. But in FOE there are to few strong guilds. On my server - 4-8 strong guilds. So we would have to fight each other everytime.

It's not strategy , strategy would be do everything to end first , dividing map and leaving 159/160 flags to swap with each other is not strategy but exploit

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
its strategy

How are more people helping? It doesn't matter if 10 or 80 people are seeing for the entire season that 2 other guilds are abusing the 4h protection and none of those 10-80 people can do a thing. That's not strategy, that's exploiting and abusing.
Seriously something must be implemented to prevent such. Either by making 0-attrition impossible or something progressively less time for protection. For example:
1st province of the day 4h, 2nd, 3h, 3rd 2h, etc till it drops to 0. Other proposals were also made. Regardless continuing to deny the exploit for what it truly is only proves the points made more.

dividing map and leaving 159/160 flags to swap with each other is not strategy but exploit
you are telling about chess.

I am telling about war session when we leave secotr on 159/160 to let out ally take secotr so we will have easier to retake it after 4h to keep enemy on base.

Also on session 1 vs 1 you almost alwyas want to close sector AFTER enemy, so you keep 159/160 till the situation on map change.
How are more people helping? It doesn't matter if 10 or 80 people are seeing for the entire season that 2 other guilds are abusing the 4h protection and none of those 10-80 people can do a thing. That's not strategy, that's exploiting and abusing.
What>? xD
If guild A has 20 ppl on sector and they have 80 points up, so the other guild just need to get 2x more members. to win it. Nothing hard.
We won many times sector when enemy had 1/2 of sector already taken.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
The only way to see fights, in my opinion, is that we no longer immediately receive all the rewards of fights, that they are given only at the end of the GbG with a reduction.

1st place: 100% of rewards
2nd place: 80% of rewards
3rd place: 60% of rewards
4th and 5th place: 40% of the rewards
6th to 8th place: 20% of rewards

Thus a member of a guide having accumulated 1,000 SP but his guild finishing 2nd, would only receive 800 SP.

There the battles would take place!
Better believe that won't work because that gives more justification to have guilds loaded with elite cities that can dominate. I wouldn't want to work hard clicking all day and then get below 100%......would have to move on to farm............. Farming is life. When you go to work, you farm resources to feed your family. When you sleep, you farm rest, energy, and patience to deal with people at that said job lol When you do almost anything, you are farming, compiling, and gathering. The solution will come when one leaves the natural element out of the problem. Farming points by holding sectors longer than needed, working together to farm rewards..........We found peace in war.........give us a medal! If you are not farming something, you are not growing.

jovada

Regent
The entire game is about farming... What else do you do other than chat with people and farm resources to grow the city.
Yes but there is a difference with farming by real gameplay and farming by exploit with no effort , one is a merit the other one is just theft.

Beta King

Viceroy
Yes but there is a difference with farming by real gameplay and farming by exploit with no effort , one is a merit the other one is just theft.
No effort? Clearly you have never been in a swapping guild. It takes a lot of effort, goods gathering and coordination to make a successful swapping season for the guild to collect the rewards it gets.

You take away single player rewards and the paticipation would drop just like GVG at <5%.
just give ranking for this and it will not stop. Proper rewards at end - Forge Points, Diamonds, goods and it will go on ;)
exchange is not an exploit..... It is bad. It is sth that should happend VERY RARELLY only between strict allies if the happend to be together.

Lack fo reason to fights - it is the only reason.... You ar erewarded for numbers of fights. Not for winning session. This is the biggest problem.

Boo...

Baronet
You are discussing changes that are officially announced. But, you do not react in any way to the changes that Inno makes without announcements.
Are you aware that the balance of goods on the battlefields has been changed? Or rather, about the imbalance that was introduced silently?
On my request to technical support, I received a response - we do not report minor changes. But this is a very significant change for the development of guilds.
With an imbalance of goods, no change is needed for siege camps, guilds will simply go bankrupt if they do not buy goods.

Boo...

Baronet
No, there was no other change to Guild Battlegrounds recently.
The last time is what period?
The fact is that last summer I digressed from the balance of the treasury to the guild fields, and this year I discovered an imbalance...

But, the topic of goods balance goes beyond the discussion of siege buildings. I think they will punish me if I start writing in more detail.