• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

jovada

Regent
Well after a few hours that GBG is reversed again , you see that egoïsm and farming rules again, no wonder that those people are happy and saying it feels good.
So we only can hope that the announced changes will bring balance to GBG.
But anyway i give a big finger to inno for letting GBG unbalanced during 3 years even when several players asked for it during all this time, i still think developers must be ashamed for neglecting this.
It has always been stupid that players that have all day time (no matters which reason they have the time) could farm thousand off fp and other rewards while the rest is struggling to catch some rewards and increasing the gap between normal players and greedy players.
If inno could'nt see the disproportions during all these years i really doubt the capacity of the developers.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
Well after a few hours that GBG is reversed again , you see that egoïsm and farming rules again, no wonder that those people are happy and saying it feels good.
So we only can hope that the announced changes will bring balance to GBG.
But anyway i give a big finger to inno for letting GBG unbalanced during 3 years even when several players asked for it during all this time, i still think developers must be ashamed for neglecting this.
It has always been stupid that players that have all day time (no matters which reason they have the time) could farm thousand off fp and other rewards while the rest is struggling to catch some rewards and increasing the gap between normal players and greedy players.
If inno could'nt see the disproportions during all these years i really doubt the capacity of the developers.
This is one reason I always hated using the forum. You are saying that people are greedy because they use a different strategy than you in a strategy game. Gbs are costing 30k plus on certain levels and you think farming is greedy? Normal player? Like what are you talking about? You need to get some rest and try again. If you don’t have time to farm and get rewards, I should wait around for you, so I don’t seem greedy? Play a different game or give up but don’t label people for grinding fp. The more I get from GBG, The less I have to snipe! But I’m going to get it! That’s a fact!

jovada

Regent
This is one reason I always hated using the forum. You are saying that people are greedy because they use a different strategy than you in a strategy game. Gbs are costing 30k plus on certain levels and you think farming is greedy? Normal player? Like what are you talking about? You need to get some rest and try again. If you don’t have time to farm and get rewards, I should wait around for you, so I don’t seem greedy? Play a different game or give up but don’t label people for grinding fp. The more I get from GBG, The less I have to snipe! But I’m going to get it! That’s a fact!
So if i read you well you don't want a balanced game , no effort, just join a guild with a huge treasury and farm all day long? What a strategy i take my hat off in admiration.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
So if i read you well you don't want a balanced game , no effort, just join a guild with a huge treasury and farm all day long? What a strategy i take my had off in admiration.
"IF" is the key word. I'm sure you are not reading me well. Slowing down the flow of fp helps no one. After gbg opened, the threads started moving and the smaller cities started leveling gbs like crazy. Thats good to see. More smaller cities will have the goods to finish GE as well. Take a hard look at balance and know what it means in FOE. I'm not even thinking about me. Like I said........Imma get mine regardless.

jovada

Regent
"IF" is the key word. I'm sure you are not reading me well. Slowing down the flow of fp helps no one. After gbg opened, the threads started moving and the smaller cities started leveling gbs like crazy. Thats good to see. More smaller cities will have the goods to finish GE as well. Take a hard look at balance and know what it means in FOE. I'm not even thinking about me. Like I said........Imma get mine regardless.
You just confirm it is all about farming for you , (you get yours regardless) balance , disproportion, gameplay you don't care.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Personally, I don't mind that some take advantage by maxing out GbG to earn more.
What bothers me is that their greed blocks the guides who find themselves against them, without having wanted to, and are forced to remain a mere spectator for 2 weeks.
So either Inno prevent you from cultivating GbGs all day long without increasing your attrition (which would make the point of having created attrition null) or Inno must allow guilds to be grouped together according to their abilities or their desires (because there we are imposed without any possibility of managing the difficulty).

Retired Guy

Marquis
With Inno's current track record.. you really gotta wonder if they meant to put the Beta nerfing into Live, but instead slipped up, and put Live into Beta.. ;-) ;-) Although I kinda hated the nerfing at the beginning, it sure grew on me quick.. I found much more family and personal time, and no need to get up at some ungodly hour to do a 4hr map rotation.. I'm all in favor of putting the nerfing back in!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The main concern of these "tests" in beta is precisely that the beta is not representative of what we meet on live servers.
On the FR server, only one world has opted for a charter prohibiting, in diamond league, to take the sector in front of the HQ.
Thus each guide, even spectator, has during 2 weeks of a sector with 1 or 2 camps to type around, even without being able to take. This charter allows all guilds to never remain a spectator if they want to type daily.
This charter was put in place by the 4 or 5 strongest guilds and with a good general mentality, it was accepted by all the guilds.
But still on the FR server, it did not have the same success on the other worlds, proof that the mentality of the players is not the same on each world of the same server and therefore impossible for the beta to be representative of all the worlds from all live servers.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The main concern of these "tests" in beta is precisely that the beta is not representative of what we meet on live servers.
On the FR server, only one world has opted for a charter prohibiting, in diamond league, to take the sector in front of the HQ.
Thus each guide, even spectator, has during 2 weeks of a sector with 1 or 2 camps to type around, even without being able to take. This charter allows all guilds to never remain a spectator if they want to type daily.
This charter was put in place by the 4 or 5 strongest guilds and with a good general mentality, it was accepted by all the guilds.
But still on the FR server, it did not have the same success on the other worlds, proof that the mentality of the players is not the same on each world of the same server and therefore impossible for the beta to be representative of all the worlds from all live servers.
Beta is also a semi-sleeper server. Quite a number of players only play whenever something of interest arrives. Most noticeable are new ages. Sometimes “new” players join beta just for the event. Hence why they get disappointed that they’re forced to start from 0. That been said, some play at beta like it’s a normal server. Which is a unique perk of Forge. As many other games open and closing their Beta’s with a hard reset in between.

Yekk

Regent
With Inno's current track record.. you really gotta wonder if they meant to put the Beta nerfing into Live, but instead slipped up, and put Live into Beta.. ;-) ;-) Although I kinda hated the nerfing at the beginning, it sure grew on me quick.. I found much more family and personal time, and no need to get up at some ungodly hour to do a 4hr map rotation.. I'm all in favor of putting the nerfing back in!
On beta it cost Inno money paying players. Imagine if it made it to live... That FoE layoff would have been twice as big. I would love to see the reports the CM sent to his bosses. Someone's head needs to roll. I too saw some benefits but voted no as the problems in GBG were still there. Problems Inno ignored.
End result was another year wasted waiting on Inno...

Estipar

Merchant
Simple after 11 months of testing all it needed was a simple name change from Guild Battlegrounds to Guild Farmlands, why hide what it actually is anymore :(

There is one problem with GB, lack of rewards for WINNING.
Take form us single rewards, give better rewards at end.
It is all that GB needs.
If the reward for the 1st place will be much better than for 2nd place - there will be no exchanges and chesboards. Only fights.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
There is one problem with GB, lack of rewards for WINNING.
Take form us single rewards, give better rewards at end.
It is all that GB needs.
If the reward for the 1st place will be much better than for 2nd place - there will be no exchanges and chesboards. Only fights.
I agreed, got the same idea for a long time back already. All they need to do is raising the stakes, winning = winning and losing = losing something real for the guild. Not like this where it doesn't matter.
Another thing that must be adressed is the 4h-slot exploit and the pending 159/160. Many suggestions where made. It's up to Inno at this point how to address it. Some desperate attempts to undermine the solutions are from time to time also made but that are just the exploiters justifying the exploits to secure future personal gain. Without that exploit addressed, it doesn't matter what the stakes are. Because whoever manages to pull off abusing the the 4h-slot becomes invincible.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Another thing that must be adressed is the 4h-slot exploit and the pending 159/160. Many suggestions where made.
don't show the progress of other guilds in a sector ;)

this is strategy.
and if the game changes then you have to adjust your strategy ;)

level up voucher for great buildings (like the ones for Zeus, Aachen, CdM a few decades ago)

every player of the winner guild in diamond get one full voucher
2nd place guild players only 50%, 3rd 33%, 4th 25% and so on (as fragments obviously)
(or 1 full, 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 6.25%, ...)

wouldn't it be awesome to get one free level for a GB that is already at level 150 or higher o_O

Last edited:
Precisely what I mean. Anyone can justify it any way they want. Fact remains: it's an exploit. Enabling invincibility which was something that plagued the GvG too
i dont get what is 4th slot abuse. Can you explain?
if you are talking about not llsijg points for 4h place - i think thats 2nd place should lose points.