• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

mcbluefire

Baronet
Ah, so they are going to put lipstick on the pig (nerf ability to retain attrition above 66%) and then push it to live?

If that's the truth then thank you as it will be impossible for folks to ever catch me in G world....well, that is... the folks who don't quit.

ROFL, can't believe they (the devs) really think GbG should be 15-20 minutes a day for each player.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L besides spoilers not yet. Though I wouldn't be much surprised if it'll happen before the end of may. Although in Europe there are quit a bit of memorial days and independence days coming. Among some other holidays. Often in Germany people don't work during holidays. Not sure how it'll affect developments but don't be surprised to see a slow down in developments leading up to the summer.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What remains strange is that a new age only needs 2 weeks of beta testing before it comes live and the GbG modification has been going on for 10 months.
But I am convinced that the nerve of the GbG makes it possible to accentuate the management of a city in the use of the surface. Indeed, with the nerve, the % red sometimes seems useless to me when reaching a certain number and can free up space for the % blue.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What remains strange is that a new age only needs 2 weeks of beta testing before it comes live and the GbG modification has been going on for 10 months.
But I am convinced that the nerve of the GbG makes it possible to accentuate the management of a city in the use of the surface. Indeed, with the nerve, the % red sometimes seems useless to me when reaching a certain number and can free up space for the % blue.
It’s quit simple. Although it was cryptically announced. They’re keeping GbG changes pending under Beta test phase until they’ve rolled out all planned changes in Beta. The current changes were the 1st wave. They’ve planned to release all changes as 1 massive overhaul update at live.
The key difference is that they don’t change much with new ages. So, much less to test. Also a new age is put into Beta in its entirety. Not broken up and left pending till all parts are Beta released, studied and tested before moving it to live. I wouldn’t expect it either. Cause Inno’s parent company has lined out their plans for Forge. If I understand it correctly, the focus will be at new players and encouraging spending money. Not sure how it’ll impact the future of Forge but they’ve also hinted that they wanna keep Forge afloat as a “classic” game in their arsenal. Where the focus will be shifted to rise new titles. Specifically targeting app-players. If your interested I can send you a YouTube link from a Forge YouTuber who explains it.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If it takes a year of testing to verify that the balance you want is achieved, you really need to review your programming principles.
I'm in favor of this nerf and I think I'll have a lot of patience for it to come to the live servers.

As much as some tests should be applied later on the live servers, the GbG nerfs show a total lack of respect for the communities.

Whether you remove this nerf from the beta server (which would sadden me, I'm expecting so much from the live servers) or apply it to the live servers, it's high time to make a decision!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L I'm pretty sure that somewhere a CM already gave some outlook on this. Among the spoilers of GbG. It's highly likely kept pending till the rest of the GbG overhaul is finished and implemented in Beta. Once the test phase and fine tuning of those are completed, it's the most likely all changes will be forwarded to live as a massive GbG overhaul.
While I agreed that it's taking long, let's keep in mind that Inno is bought and the new owners are making changes behind the scenes. Which reasonable is affecting the speed of development of new things. Personally I would be massively baffled if no further GbG chances happen in beta prior to next year though.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
If it takes a year of testing to verify that the balance you want is achieved, you really need to review your programming principles.
I'm in favor of this nerf and I think I'll have a lot of patience for it to come to the live servers.

As much as some tests should be applied later on the live servers, the GbG nerfs show a total lack of respect for the communities.

Whether you remove this nerf from the beta server (which would sadden me, I'm expecting so much from the live servers) or apply it to the live servers, it's high time to make a decision!
They could be holding out because they want to add a defense element to the game flow.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L check the spoilers. They're working on something more for GbG for a little while. Although they've brought it cryptically, they've kinda mentioned that they're keeping it pending till all changes are completed in the beta testing phase. I'm not defending them but simple try to figure out what's likely going on. Personally I also feel it's poorly managed to keeping 1/X planned changes pending so long.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'm not trying to contradict you, I'm still in agreement with your writings, but it's clear that the spoilers are not a communication from innogames and that 11 months without any visible change in their "test" on the beta show that we are ONLY good for reporting bugs that they don't even fix systematically.
On my community, bugs have been reported for years, including that of the flags which do not disappear in GbG and which go against the "tests" they perform.

Last edited:
@DEADP00L I agreed that Inno should be more transparent. Though they either fail to understand the community's wish for more transparency or misinterpreted it or CM's do or on both fronts it falls short. Either way imo Inno could share a progress update. Like stating they're working on new changes but higher priority developments got in the way for example.
There was once an idea one player asked for Inno's roadmap for FoE, but it was rejected.
The answer was like " We were giving roadmap earlier, but due to changes in development and high expectations from players, we will do it no more"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
There was once an idea one player asked for Inno's roadmap for FoE, but it was rejected.
The answer was like " We were giving roadmap earlier, but due to changes in development and high expectations from players, we will do it no more"
I know though I can't recall what they referred to. Closest thing they came to such was hinting on developments for in Beta when wrapping up changes' announcements

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I don't think so.

There only difficulty is, allowing farming/allies but maintain balance in GbG sectors.

There is no such solution exist and they are not accepting it.

Let's see, what new things they will bring. Juber, somehow making us feel little hope with his words which he is excel in it. Anyhow, new changes can completely redesign GbG also fine. Eagerly waiting for the twist in GbG.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I know my opinion is on the unpopular side, but hope with the new changes the intention is still going to be to make Guild Farmingground into Guild Battleground, though making attrition back to where it was...makes me question what other solutions are there to make it to happen, given the main reason of farming is that people can fight without limits, like attrition doesn't even exist.

So...I'm disappointed with the revert, but fingers crossed for the new changes.