• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Warrior816

Farmer
The first Championship building level 2, will those who miss some frags to reach it get another chance or what happens with the Frags up to 15.000?
3000 fragments of a building is a new high, all these days I hadn't realised just how many fragments that is.

Last edited:

GwenGwen

Merchant
The first Championship building level 2, will those who miss some frags to reach it get another chance or what happens with the Frags up to 15.000?
The same question for me. Fragments and fragments And if not all to complete and build, all lost forever? Is it worth it then? Wasn't it better to create level 3, 4 and so on? Less space, less design and less demoralizing for the player.

The same question for me. Fragments and fragments And if not all to complete and build, all lost forever? Is it worth it then? Wasn't it better to create level 3, 4 and so on? Less space, less design and less demoralizing for the player.
I wager that we'll see the Tower of Champions again. Not next season but sometime after that. There's no sense getting demoralized.

Aerendil

Squire
The last thing I would like is a return to the old GBG. But the rankings in the new are unreasoned. How? How can the strongest guild in the world, the only winner of the championship, end up in second place in the ranking, while losers who were lucky to get into the dead group, flaunt the first? (Now we will not talk about bots and mults, only about the ranking)
Everyone complaining about matchmaking please support my idea for matchmaking, https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbg-matchmaking.16633/
Btw we white rabbit losers where second in last tournament with 5 wins and have a lvl 2 tower, you dont :p

Yes, as that reality is sinking in, I have been hearing of many guilds that are giving up GBG, or at least making it optional.
Is there anything new here? For many guilds below 850LP GBG has always been pursued half-heartedly, at best, and with no minimum requirements imposed on members. At the upper levels, 950 and above, there is as much, if not more, activity than before the change.

Demeter7

Squire
Is there anything new here? For many guilds below 850LP GBG has always been pursued half-heartedly, at best, and with no minimum requirements imposed on members. At the upper levels, 950 and above, there is as much, if not more, activity than before the change.
It seems like that attitude is growing to include guilds at higher levels too.

Now small guilds have even less of a reason to participate. The buildings costs aren't worth the small loss of attrition we get from them
So what now? Just keep stockpiling treasury goods? GvG is on the way out and GE is not very taxing on the treasury. There's nothing else to spend treasury goods on at the moment besides GBG.

Demeter7

Squire
Not on the two worlds where I'm in D1000 guilds. The maps there have been very busy and with more than 2 participants.
I am not talking about Dimaond 1000. I am talking about lower diamond and Platinum.
The new GBG is only good for the very top guilds. Inno does not care about everyone else.

Yekk

Regent
I am not talking about Dimaond 1000. I am talking about lower diamond and Platinum.
The new GBG is only good for the very top guilds. Inno does not care about everyone else.
I see a move to making it a farm like it use to be being done. It is easy to setup waterfall with permanent tiles that allow maps to split with guilds spending few goods per season. Volcano is much harder to split up.
If level 2 is to hard to get, if competition is seen as unneeded by guilds they will not try to win. Pure war was poorly setup by Inno. Treasury goods cost to high in a pure war to allow such to be done every league. Matchups... well in Beta we are seeing the top guild for the third time in 7 leagues. We stay competitive but still it, matchups, sucks.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
lvl. 2 building takes 15.000 frags, if you end on 14.000 After 6 rounds, you end Up with lvl. 1 and 6.500 frags. What happens wiht the frags? You cant Collect more as its not in the new Championship, so Will it just sit in storage and grov dust or willl those who miss the last frags for a lvl. 2 building g’et another chance?

Arch1e

Marquis
Please, when you bring the second championship to live
- sort out the yo-yoing, only count victories in the bracket/league they were achieved, it’s incongruous that guilds with maybe 5-10 active players are ranked higher in the championship than guilds with 50+ who consistently place 2-4 in 1000 lps
- make diamond league only 1000 lps, having guilds in the easy bracket 901-999 get the same rewards for what is arguably easier seasons is not an incentive to compete, it’s an incentive to drop down

This is the end of the fourth championship season on my live server. We have suddenly had guilds that were ranked outside the top 50 at the start of the season, now occupying spots 4 and 5 on the board, with 3 and 2 wins respectively. One of those is the *holiday guild* of one of the top Gbg guilds ever in our world, but having been paired consistently in 1000 lps against one of the three other guilds that beat it, the mother guild is ranked in the teens. We have 21 guilds to have achieved at least 1 win this championship, of those 3 have fewer than 10 players. This cannot go on, we are already seeing loss of interest among the bigger 1000 lp guilds who won’t win, hence they also don’t compete, hence seasons get slower and slower, hence interest is lost, hence… you know the vicious circle. Grasp this before it dies the death of a thousand disinterested people.

Let me underscore that I am not making the plea on the basis of being uncompetitive, my guild is leading the championship by a wide margin. We want others to actually find the seasons worth competing for, and also that the ranking, which is the only one soon to be visible on mobile (and who knows how it will look later on) to be reflective of what guilds are actually capable of, not skewed by a complete misconstruction.