• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Owl II

Emperor
Kind of depressing.
Guild Prestige means nothing, which means that GE scores mean nothing.
GBG rank resets every 6 seasons.
What encouragement is there any longer to build up a guild?

This game is deteriorating badly.
GE points are converted not into prestige, but into guild levels(into Crowns. Power). And although guild levels don't mean much either, GE still matters to those who haven't made it to level 100. Technically, at least.

Besides, you're worrying unnecessarily. These clowns removed the GBG ranking instead of the GvG ranking.:D
And besides, they removed a few more useful GBG features

Last edited:
Kind of depressing.
Guild Prestige means nothing, which means that GE scores mean nothing.
GBG rank resets every 6 seasons.
What encouragement is there any longer to build up a guild?

This game is deteriorating badly.
Don't worry. There will still be room for ambitious guilds. There will be a new ranking list for guild raids when it is released. And I read rumours that Inno is working on some sort of super ranking that combines GE, GBG and GR so that the strongest guild of the server can show who's boss.

Arch1e

Marquis
Don't worry. There will still be room for ambitious guilds. There will be a new ranking list for guild raids when it is released. And I read rumours that Inno is working on some sort of super ranking that combines GE, GBG and GR so that the strongest guild of the server can show who's boss.
Now *that* is what it should be. Not some ranking based on what a couple or half a dozen people can do for ten minutes a night.

Arch1e

Marquis
and a few guilds are tied at the top o_O

because those would all have:
1000 LP in GBG, 125% in GEx, and completed the raid
You’ll still have differences in levels, maybe number of fights done, individual ranking points gained (which would show whether someone is doing anything else like donating goods or raising buildings too). So hopefully a comprehensive activity-based ranking, but I’ll take a combo from all guild activities if it actually shows something more than Gvg.

and a few guilds are tied at the top o_O

because those would all have:
1000 LP in GBG, 125% in GEx, and completed the raid
I assume that the GBG ranking won't be just based on league points but also the victory points and those differ between guilds.
Also, we don't know yet if guild raids is completed on a collective or an individual basis. If it's on an individual basis like GE then only the very strongest players of the guild might be able to complete guild raids. Fighting against 4000/4000 with your blue bonus? That's (luckily) impossible for most. So this will also create a difference between guilds.

It would be really lame if guild raids can be fully completed by the top guilds the moment it is released. That would not be a challenge.

Demeter7

Squire
Now *that* is what it should be. Not some ranking based on what a couple or half a dozen people can do for ten minutes a night.
The "old" ranking was not only based on GvG. It was based on Guild Prestige, GBG, GE, player rank of members, etc.
This new ranking based only on GBG is stupid. And the GBG ranking is illogical the way that it currently works. I really hope they fix that.

CrashBoom

Legend
The "old" ranking was not only based on GvG. It was based on Guild Prestige, GBG, GE, player rank of members, etc.
GE & player rank of members was not in the old ranking

only: GBG, GvG and guild prestige (by level)

and all top guilds had the same points from GBG
guild level difference is minimal

so the order of the old ranking in the top places was 99% based on GvG

:rolleyes:

-Alin-

Emperor
This new ranking based only on GBG is stupid. And the GBG ranking is illogical the way that it currently works. I really hope they fix that.

The old ranking was based on GvG, more than 75% of it was GvG, because GvG gave the most prestige points, and only few prestige points from GbG and Guild level.

Demeter7

Squire
The old ranking was based on GvG, more than 75% of it was GvG, because GvG gave the most prestige points, and only few prestige points from GbG and Guild level.
It was more than that. As a small guild, you can see a noticeable difference immediately as members come and go. When a high ranked player leaves, the old rank dropped. When you bring on a bunch of newbies, the rank drops. Bring on a high ranked player, the guild level immediately went up. And those adjustments were not affected by GvG or GE or GBG, because they were mostly in between seasons, and with no major changes in GvG.

If it was mostly GvG, then how do you explain the high ranked guilds who did not do much GvG? There are a few of them. But not many, as GvG is popular with the higher ranked guilds because it is fun.

I had asked @Juber a couple of times in this thread to clarify how the old ranking was actually calculated. I can not find it documented.

-Alin-

Emperor
It was more than that. As a small guild, you can see a noticeable difference immediately as members come and go. When a high ranked player leaves, the old rank dropped. When you bring on a bunch of newbies, the rank drops. Bring on a high ranked player, the guild level immediately went up. And those adjustments were not affected by GvG or GE or GBG, because they were mostly in between seasons, and with no major changes in GvG.

If it was mostly GvG, then how do you explain the high ranked guilds who did not do much GvG? There are a few of them. But not many, as GvG is popular with the higher ranked guilds because it is fun.

I had asked @Juber a couple of times in this thread to clarify how the old ranking was actually calculated. I can not find it documented.

The old ranking consists only of the prestige points You get from GvG, GbG and Guild level, nothing more nothing less.:)

And GvG was the major factor of it, always was.

Emberguard

Emperor

I've never seen it anywhere near 75% from GvG once Guilds were at 1,000 LP. Most I've seen is hovering slightly over 50% on the #1 spot, and then everyone else with less

Screenshots from today from two different servers:

guild_prestige.png

100 x 25 = 2,500 prestige
94 x 25 = 2,350
92 x 25 = 2,300
91 x 25 = 2,275

2,500 + 18,000 = 20,500 - 38,298 = 17,798 GvG Prestige (Lvl 100 Guild) 46.5%
2,350 + 18,000 = 20,350 - 40,425 = 20,075 GvG Prestige (Lvl 94 Guild) 49.7%
2,300 + 18,000 = 20,300 - 38,338 = 18,038 GvG Prestige (Lvl 92 Guild) 47%
2,275 + 18,000 = 20,275 - 35,623 = 15,348 GvG Prestige (Lvl 91 Guild) 43%

Guild Level x 25
League Points (GBG) x 18
Remainder comes from GvG owned sectors

-Alin-

Emperor
I've never seen it anywhere near 75% from GvG once Guilds were at 1,000 LP. Most I've seen is hovering slightly over 50% on the #1 spot, and then everyone else with less

Screenshots from today from two different servers:

guild_prestige.png

100 x 25 = 2,500 prestige
94 x 25 = 2,350
92 x 25 = 2,300
91 x 25 = 2,275

2,500 + 18,000 = 20,500 - 38,298 = 17,798 GvG Prestige (Lvl 100 Guild) 46.5%
2,350 + 18,000 = 20,350 - 40,425 = 20,075 GvG Prestige (Lvl 94 Guild) 49.7%
2,300 + 18,000 = 20,300 - 38,338 = 18,038 GvG Prestige (Lvl 92 Guild) 47%
2,275 + 18,000 = 20,275 - 35,623 = 15,348 GvG Prestige (Lvl 91 Guild) 43%

Hmm, so it seems Its only 50%, well, below that sometimes.
Always i thought its more than that.

Anyway, it's still around half of all points of a guild, which is still a lot taken by a broken mechanic.

Arch1e

Marquis
It was not *only* based on Gvg, but it was *mostly* that, all other things being pretty equal (and not on player ranks, at least in my player time). The new format Gbg ranking is flawed, I agree, but it is nevertheless a better reflection of what guilds actually are doing. It should not be possible for a handful of people to rank higher than several dozen, if they are all equally active, in this format or the previous one. So yes, I want to see this new format ranking improved, but I very much do not want to see anything as lop sided as the Gvg ranking one has been for a couple of years already.

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis

No you can’t, never could. It has, as far as I remember which is admittedly not all of the existence of FoE, only been guild level and Gvg, plus league points after Gbg was introduced. From memory, 1000 league points are an automatic 18k ranking points, plus 25 per level, everything else was Gvg. On my live world, a few sectors in AA, taken by one or a couple of players one evening, could propel a 1000 lp guild from late teen-early 20 levels into the top 10 so in my recent experience, the relation between the popularity of Gvg, ranking and fun is not entirely as straightforward as you are portraying it.